Smogon Snake Draft I - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
i'm not usually one for shoutout posts, but i wanna say thank you to my managers BKC and Jirachee for picking me up and letting me play, even though i prob wasn't at my peak, hope you're not too disappointed with my barely positive record. thanks to McMeghan , suapah and Thimo for helping me with my teams and being there when i needed someone to discuss shit, run calcs for me etc. shoutouts to literally everyone on the team for being good company and great people you could easily have amazing chats with, be it about pokemon or about anything else. this was by far my best team tournament experience on smogon, even though i feel like we coulda done better it just wasn't the right time for us and a lot of things didn't go our way and vs such a strong competition you don't get to cakewalk to a trophy. regardless this was def worth it, even if it meant taking time off my sleep to build teams and basically learn a new tier. special shoutouts to tsmugs for being the mvp support that you could only dream of. hope i get to team up with you guys on another occasion, because you're the best; everyone on the team.

gl to teams in semis, hope you guys give us some good games to watch.

Last edited:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hikari Getting drafted by the UU player I admire the most meant a lot to me, massive thanks for your trust and I'm glad I delivered for most of my games. Thanks to Leru as well, teaming up with you was nice after knowing you for a while.
Special shoutouts to FlamingVictini and miltankmilk for being great at the game, to tko & Zamrock for being true team players. I had a blast playing this tour despite the far from ideal format, hopefully I'll see you all in SPL. Thanks to everyone who tested with me and gave advices regarding the teams, I wouldnt have done as well without your help : McMeghan Pearl Lycans dodmen Eyan Cynde Amaroq Ark Christo Bushtush.

As for the semis, this year has taught me that Tony is some sort of teamtour overlord so I'm expecting him and his goons to take the whole thing, I would be really happy with Serpents winning as well. Gl to y'all, looking forward to some great games. Pearl and Lcans will win their matchs in close games in case you were wondering.

#1 Pacifidlog Pitvipers (7) vs. #4 Goldenrod Gliders (3)

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs. Tricking
SM OU: Axel vs. z0mOG
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs. boudouche
SM OU: Femen vs. Welli0u
SM Doubles: Level 51 vs. MajorBowman
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. psychicmewtwo
SM UU: teal6 vs. Pearl
SM RU: Ajna vs. SilentVerse
SM NU: meeps vs. elodin
SM LC: Shrug vs. ggggd

#2 Berry Forest Bushmasters (4) vs. #3 Shinto Ruin Serpents (6)

SM OU: Cdumas vs. Leftiez
SM OU: Ban Manaphy vs. Znain
SM OU: Omfuga vs. TheThorn
SM OU: ABR vs. Sabella
SM Doubles: marilli vs. Demantoid
SM Ubers: The Trap God vs. M Dragon
SM UU: bugzinator vs. Lycans
SM RU: snaga vs. lighthouses
SM NU: qsns vs. Soulgazer
SM LC: Sken vs. Heysup

Last edited:

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
#1 Pacifidlog Pitvipers (4) vs. #4 Goldenrod Gliders (6)

SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. psychicmewtwoSM UU: teal6 vs. Pearl

#2 Berry Forest Bushmasters (4) vs. #3 Shinto Ruin Serpents (6)

SM UU: bugzinator vs. Lycans
SM RU: snaga vs. lighthouses

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
#1 Pacifidlog Pitvipers vs. #4 Goldenrod Gliders
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. psychicmewtwo
SM UU: teal6 vs. Pearl

Pitvipers have some stand-out players but this format allowed them to use those players to bloat their record to the finals, not to mention Star is absent from the team. After Gliders' massive comeback this past weekend, I think they all finally have the motivation to put down League for another two weeks and two games.

#2 Berry Forest Bushmasters vs. #3 Shinto Ruin Serpents
SM UU: bugzinator vs. Lcans
SM RU: snaga vs. Lighthouses

This series is so damn polarizing between the lower tier and OU slots. While there's room for both sides to steal games in this series, the lower tier players on the Serpents are just so much better than the lower tier players on the ABRs that I think the steals are more likely to come from OU where the Serpents have very capable players there, especially Sabella.

--

Also shout-outs to the Nagas for a fun season. Think I'm done with any kind of high-level lower tiers from here on out since I don't really have time or motivation to keep up with the metas anymore, didn't even build any of my teams. If anything, I definitely won't try to learn a tier within a tournament since that was not fun. Shoutouts to FV, Sacri', miltankmilk, Kushalos, and Zamrock, you guys put in a lot of work and it's kind of disheartening to see it end up in vain.

Rooting for team West/League to take home the trophy :heart:

I guess I'll take this chance now to thank my managers Hikari and Leru for taking a chance on me despite the fact that I don't actively play any SM tiers. While this tournament does have its flaws, it has provided an outlet for people like me who would otherwise just be playing the same 1-2 old gen tiers every spl/wcop to try something new.

On a personal level, I'm satisfied with how the tour went for me. I tried two tiers I had little to no experience with, one worked out very well (shoutouts FlamingVictini for the excellent RU squads), the other less so. I got what I wanted out of this tour, aside from a trophy of course. I do feel bad for letting down my team by losing a winnable game right at the end though. Yeah, in the end it was just one of 90 games, and one of 45 losses for our team, but still sucks to be the one to lose the deciding game. I apologize for not living up to the team's expectations in the final phase, and hopefully I'll get to team with some of you again in a future tournament.

#2 Berry Forest Bushmasters vs. #3 Shinto Ruin Serpents
SM OU: Cdumas vs. Leftiez - goat
SM OU: Ban Manaphy vs. Znain - other goat
SM OU: Omfuga vs. TheThorn - Omfugod
SM OU: ABR vs. Sabella - 3rd goat
SM Doubles: marilli vs. Demantoid - unstoppable force
SM Ubers: The Trap God vs. M Dragon - immovable object
SM UU: bugzinator vs. Lcans - 4th goat
SM RU: snaga vs. Lighthouses - Snagod
SM NU: qsns vs. Soulgazer - 100% winrate lol
SM LC: Sken vs. Heysup - 5th goat

Pretty clear who's gonna win tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)