Playoffs Smogon Tour 23 Play-offs - Finals [Won by Posho]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Since when do people get to extend the deadline by this much lol, and much less without communicating to td's? Tour finalists get really special privileges
Who cares? Get the game done within a reasonable amount of time. If we strictly enforce deadlines towards the end of a tour, everybody would be playing the game called activity win, not mons. The only johns that should ever get a trophy are the ones whose names are literally john that won by playing mons.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
I have friendly decided to narrate my BW game against Steve in Dokkerich's channel(thx btw for letting me). I liked this game the most out of the 3

Showcasing a jaja's thought process, which is more than mindlessly clicking Thunder Wave and see what happens. You'll definitely have a laugh :P

Who cares? Get the game done within a reasonable amount of time. If we strictly enforce deadlines towards the end of a tour, everybody would be playing the game called activity win, not mons. The only johns that should ever get a trophy are the ones whose names are literally john that won by playing mons.
I suppose you're right, these are some high quality matches that need prepping for. I am impatient what can I say

9. Kickasser vs. 13. Posho - Kickasser still has the occasional moment where he doesn't pull the trigger but is by and large a serious threat to anyone at this stage. However, Posho's been playing very well and with seemingly more confidence. His hunger is absolutely palpable. I would favor him in BW. If he faces the more timid ORAS Kickasser of round 1 then he should take that one as well. However, if he faces the jesus-god-this-guy's-team-is-going-to-kick-my-face-off Kickasser of last round, then it's a much more even contest, the Frenchman threatening to overrun the Spaniard's bulkier team. Of course Posho is more than capable at striking back fiercely but I think I would barely take last round's Kickasser over him because christ that was frightening. Both have been doing quite well in SM, Posho maybe a bit moreso, so it'd seem he's favored in all three. Kickasser's used to being the underdog by now. It largely depends on how he attacks ORAS and if he can bring it up a notch in SM. He still has his work cut out for him though because Posho played like an animal last round. Will be a solid series either way, good to see up-and-comers making it this far, especially in such a stacked tour.
2. SoulWind vs. 6. craing ;_; - ben hasn't been taken to BW yet so I cannot comment on his state there. SW is clearly favored here although his first two games haven't been the dominating wins you'd expect from him, but I'm sure he's hungrier than ever to return to the finals, so he's going to pull out all the stops here. He'll definitely need to because mr. gay has looked untouchable so far in the other two and having to win both is a nasty prospect. ben's been mixing it up nicely in SM and leaving opponents with no chance thanks to his trusty Dugtrio in ORAS. SW's got top-tier team assistance in those two gens so I'm sure the ORAS will be heavily anti-mole + fatties. God, Defog stall makes me sick. I'm currently not the guy to ask about what fun stuff's gonna pop up in SM but I'd like to see Nihilego because it's my favorite SM poke. Anyway SW is obviously no slouch in those two gens but he doesn't main them like ben does and while that doesn't always mean much, ben is so unique in what he does in/with them and has been on such a roll that it's hard to call against him, even when someone as good as SW is his opponent. The other Spaniard in this semi will need to assure his BW victory and then catch ben off guard in one of the other two to come out victorious. Last I saw of ben in BW it was fall '13 and he had some Torn/Tenta rain (against CTC's Riolu...) so who knows if he's abandoned his old TR Smeargle/Cresselia + ErupTran + Conk antics I remember from ladder. If he manages to snag that SW's odds drop significantly although never count him out. Similarly, SW finding a hole in one of the other two would likely let him advance, but I'm sure ben's aware of that and will be on lockdown.

don't schedule like retards please I would love to get both these series. have fun, gents

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
9. Eatasser vs. 13. Posho - Only time i would bold Posho's name lol.
2. SoulWind vs 6. craing ;_; - As i said earlier, i'd like SoulWind to win (if not Kickasser). Close matchup given the spaniard's skill and ben's expertise in newer gens, if SW manages to snatch one of ORAS or SM he should be fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)