Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/

It looks like most Pokes are not in Limbo tier anymore. Does this mean that usage stats are coming soon? :toast:
Is that new? I'm pretty sure it's been like that since they replaced NU with RU.

But usage stats (possibly unofficial? I guess the mods will decide that) are indeed coming soon. No guarantees, but I've got working scripts, and Blue Kirby gave me the raw data. I've just got to make sure Python can handle having multiple processes write to the same file, and I can get cranking on the full month.

Is that new? I'm pretty sure it's been like that since they replaced NU with RU.

But usage stats (possibly unofficial? I guess the mods will decide that) are indeed coming soon. No guarantees, but I've got working scripts, and Blue Kirby gave me the raw data. I've just got to make sure Python can handle having multiple processes write to the same file, and I can get cranking on the full month.
lol, you're right, no Pokemon are in the NU tier now. ._. Eh, I felt I shouldn't get my hopes up.

But on the other hand, I'm really glad you will be doing the stats now. Can't wait to see the results ^^

Dagnabbit--I was all set to post the August stats, when I noticed that the total battle count was only four times as much as the count for the first day.

Wanna know why?

Because they changed the names of the friggin' tiers on 8/3...

::grumble grumble::

It's not a HUGE deal, but (1) it means an extra few lines of code and (2) that I'm gonna have to rerun everything...

The worst of it is that, had I realized that was what was wrong, I could have just combined some files, and rerun "Step 6," everything would have been fine, and I'd probably be posting the stats right now.

But I was convinced something was wrong with my script, so I deleted everything before I figured out it was just tier name changes...

[Edit: Oh. I'm only going to be posting usage stats for the five main metagames (Gen V OU, UU, RU, LC, Ubers). Maybe at some point I'll get around to posting the other stuff, but, for instance, my script is going to give wonky results for 1v1 (which I thought wasn't on the server, but it is, albeit in a weird place), VGC and some others, and I want to focus getting the stats up for the active metagames first]

Wow, even though one day of stats might not be entirely accurate, Gastrodon being in the top 30 is much better than I expected. :P Also, hooray for Swampert looking to be UU. I am eager to use him on my Hail team!

As far as I know, all of our usage stats in the past have only taken into account Pokemon actually used in the battles. The "lead" thing is mitigated by team preview and the ability to switch your Pokemon around before battle.

However, this definitely is an issue that requires discussion.
Given the fact that R_D's stats had Missingno in them for when people didn't have a full team, I'm pretty sure his stats took all Pokemon on a team into account. And while I don't remember fully, I believe Doug's stats counted all Pokemon, whether used or unused as well.

Given the fact that R_D's stats had Missingno in them for when people didn't have a full team, I'm pretty sure his stats took all Pokemon on a team into account. And while I don't remember fully, I believe Doug's stats counted all Pokemon, whether used or unused as well.
Total usage always used to equal 600% in the days of Doug (I never added up the R_D stats, IIRC, but I'm pretty sure it was the same).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)