Smogon University PO Statistics — May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly not surprised about the top 5 in every tier. Magmortar for RU!

Honestly i prefer umbreon over chansey, but an eviolite boost may be too tempting to pass up.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Aw fuck something just occurred to me.

Keldeo is getting released about a week before tier shifts. It'll almost certainly not be able to get enough usage to reach OU in such a short time. Keldeo's probably gonna go to UU until the next tier shift in three months.

Shit that's terrifying.
Shaymin-S scored #19 the month it was released and, if I recall correctly, had less than a week for that.

Aw fuck something just occurred to me.

Keldeo is getting released about a week before tier shifts. It'll almost certainly not be able to get enough usage to reach OU in such a short time. Keldeo's probably gonna go to UU until the next tier shift in three months.

Shit that's terrifying.
No worries! Keldeo won't be legal in PO until July 1. Same with the Therian and Kyurem formes.

And when July 1 *does* come around, all of these pokemon will default to OU (Keldeo based on its DW OU usage, the rest based on their Incarnate forme usage--and I believe we should playtest Thundurus-T before banning it).

No worries! Keldeo won't be legal in PO until July 1. Same with the Therian and Kyurem formes.

And when July 1 *does* come around, all of these pokemon will default to OU (Keldeo based on its DW OU usage, the rest based on their Incarnate forme usage--and I believe we should playtest Thundurus-T before banning it).
It demonstrates a fundamental problem with Smogon that people would regard it as a "playtest" and as "before" banning it as opposed to simply allowing a new Pokemon and expecting it to stay allowed, never considering the possibility of banning it until proven otherwise.

It demonstrates a fundamental problem with Smogon that people would regard it as a "playtest" and as "before" banning it as opposed to simply allowing a new Pokemon and expecting it to stay allowed, never considering the possibility of banning it until proven otherwise.
Hold the phone there, Cheech.

First off, all I was saying was exactly what you're saying--that it should have a shot in OU before being banished to Ubers. Sorry if my wording was poor.

Secondly, I just run the server and publish the stats. I don't make tiering decisions. Hell, I don't even ladder. Taking *anything* I say as representative of what the Smogon community feels is always going to be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)