Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: December 2015 (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zam became ou because it's mega is great in OU and got a lot of usage because of it, putting it in OU. It didn't drop like char and gradevoir did because it's base form had to much usage to be quick dropped to UU.

Jirachi is too good to drop. I mean, Paraflinch, Stealth Rocks, U-Turn, Healing Wish, and the banning of Aegislash make it great for a considerable amount of team archetypes.
As for Raikou...I guess its a good CM user or a substitute for Mega Man.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just wanna see Trev in PU so I can finally be smug that people have finally realised that its just a worse Gourgeist.

Also obligatory "ambi/milo/vapor/cinc/typh/sylve/conk need to stop being used" post

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I mean in terms of specific metagame changes that would compel users to use the LO or Sash sets. (and not 3.4% usage)
People forgot how good it was in early XY because of New Toy Syndrome, but at one point (I want to say sometime after either Aegislash's ban or Greninja's ban) they were like "Oh wait this thing's actually pretty dope, why'd we stop using it?"

I just wanna see Trev in PU so I can finally be smug that people have finally realised that its just a worse Gourgeist.
Nah, Gourgeist and Trevenant serve two different roles. Gourgeist is more keen on walling and shit, while Trev is more of a wallbreaker with CB(people seriously forget it has 110 attack and a 120 BP move.).

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nah, Gourgeist and Trevenant serve two different roles. Gourgeist is more keen on walling and shit, while Trev is more of a wallbreaker with CB(people seriously forget it has 110 attack and a 120 BP move.).
Why would i use it over torterra tho...

This may be the wrong place, but would it be a good idea to make Megas like Chomp and Latios tierless instead of in the same tier as their base forms?
On the topic of Trevenant, it just looks too frail to be used over Torterra, especially because it lacks set up. WoW remedies this somewhat, but if im not mistaken Ghost STAB<Ground STAB.
People forgot how good it was in early XY because of New Toy Syndrome, but at one point (I want to say sometime after either Aegislash's ban or Greninja's ban) they were like "Oh wait this thing's actually pretty dope, why'd we stop using it?"
Right now, I think Alakazam is OU's only All-Out Psychic Attacker.
Lati@s is more of a dragon than a psychic type TBH.

You can't use Mega Garchomp and Mega Latios without using Garchomp and Latios which would go against the tier system. The Mega's usage doesn't matter if the base form has enough usage to be in their respective tier.
That was in response to the post above mine, which I was on mobile and too lazy to quote it.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I would think as long as the Mega Pinsir ban, which took roughly 2-3 days. Or maybe its balanced who knows.

Eh... Mega Pinsir was quick banned (in less than a day) because it was obviously on a different caliber both as a wallbreaker and as a sweeper compared to UU's other mons. Mega Gyarados looks relatively busted but UU is so used to water types so it's not like they are entirely unprepared for it. The real question is wether does Mega Gyarados create too much pressure on a tier that already has to worry about so many other threats.

And this is all theorymonning until Mega Gyara actually drops as it may be able to stay in OU now given how much unexpected rise in usage it got in December
November: | 69 | Gyarados-Mega | 1.900% |
December: | 54 | Gyarados-Mega | 2.708% |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)