Smogon VGC Live Tournaments - On hold (See post #180, page 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Ksh13,I just suscribed in the signups page,and I wanted to ask you an information:I am actually an idiot and I forgot that I have a degree ceremony in the afternoon (I am UTC +01.00),do I have to be exactly for 2 PM (the time written there) in the chatroom etc.? Otherwise I don't know if I can join the tournament,I am sorry. :(

Hi @Ksh13,I just suscribed in the signups page,and I wanted to ask you an information:I am actually an idiot and I forgot that I have a degree ceremony in the afternoon (I am UTC +01.00),do I have to be exactly for 2 PM (the time written there) in the chatroom etc.? Otherwise I don't know if I can join the tournament,I am sorry. :(
Well it depends on how long it will take you to get there. If you show up during Round 1 you will be fine (that's like the first 20 minutes or so), any later than that is honestly too late since I want to avoid byes after round 1

Congrats to Solarman for winning todays tournament! He played Namikaze in the final, and patriots21 played Solarman in the semis so that makes him number 3. So Solarman gets 3 points, Namikaze gets 2 points, and patriots21 gets 1 point. That puts patriots21 on the top of the leaderboard with 3 points.

[22:31:53] %Ksh13: g1 replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-360030435
[22:31:57] %Ksh13: g2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-360033284

My fc is 3454 0435 6501 ign Mark when we will be receiving the Dialga?
I'll VM you so you can get it.

Looks promising, I wanna get back into Pokemon and VGC and participate (im really rusty), is there specific signups? Its on Showdown? I want that bloody Dialga...

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Looks promising, I wanna get back into Pokemon and VGC and participate (im really rusty), is there specific signups? Its on Showdown? I want that bloody Dialga...
Unfortunately the tournament was last Saturday. If you want to sign up for future ones click on the link that says to click there for the bracket and stuff after they're announced, and they are on showdown now.

Unfortunately the tournament was last Saturday. If you want to sign up for future ones click on the link that says to click there for the bracket and stuff after they're announced, and they are on showdown now.
Ok, theyre every Saturday? Ill try to do each one if I signup. Urg. That Dialga looked sick...

Hello. Due to people being busy this week, there will be no tour this weekend. However, it will just be sort of delayed, since we plan on switching on what weekends we host the tours. The only thing that will happen is that there will be a 3 week gap between the previous and the next tour, but after that it will be back on biweekly.

Another week, another Pokemon. This week we will be giving away a Trick Room Kyogre with a Quiet nature. This week Steven Stone will run the bracket, since I'm not here then, which also means that the distribution of the Kyogre will be done a few days later. I will make a mass pm with all the participants and make sure all of them get it. Link to the bracket is here, and link to the chatroom Tohjo Falls is here. Now for the details about Kyogre:

Kyogre
Nature: Quiet - Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA - IVs: 31/10/31/31/31/1
Moveset: Protect / Ice Beam / Thunder / Water Spout

This Kyogre was indirectly donated by Mattapod , as he owns it, and Theorymon traded it to me. This Kyogre is meant for Trick Room, in which it really shines.

hey guys i'm sorry to tell this rn but the tour will have a 10 minute delay. so technically sign ups will be a bit longer. Personal reasons mostly, so you have more than enough time to prepare and whatnot

Congrats to Impact for taking this week's tournament! Here are the replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-369437939
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-369444482

Also tagging our 7 participants of today:
Impact
Demantoid
Delteros
patriots21
Namikaze
JJGhost
iceflamer

Btw ksh i subbed Demantoid over evokpadawan since he didn't end up showing, so he's on his place on the bracket. Remember to PM these guys for the Kyogre

So if my math serves me right, Impact gets 3 points, Delteros gets 2 points, and JJGhost gets 1 point.

Last edited:
New round! First of sorry for coming out with the info so late, life has been kinda hectic lately. Link to the tournament is here, and link to the chatroom, Tohjo Falls, is here. Now for the Pokemon:

Scizor
Nature: Adamant - Ability: Technician
EVs: - IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31

This Scizor was donated by Mishimono . While not being the most used Pokemon in the format, Scior is still a solid Pokemon to use as a check to Xerneas, and is very good together with Primal Kyogre's Heavy Rain, since that eliminates its only weakness, Fire.

So even if you're not confident in your skills or your team, remember that this is just for practice and that you're getting a free Scizor. Stop by Tohjo Falls this Saturday to show your support for VGC on Smogon! I hope to see you then!

Hello, this week there isn't a new Pokemon, but there is a collection of older ones (more on that below). We will be trying to have best of 3 swiss this time around, since PS is so effiecent and it is better overall. The link to the tournament is here, and the link to the chatroom, Tohjo Falls, is here.

This week we will give you the opportunity to pick one of the Pokemon previously distributed, since most of you probably have missed out on a couple, you can make up for that this week (and we are low on Pokemon to disitribute (hit me up if you would like to donate something)). These are the Pokemon you can pick from, and I have made it so that you can just click on the Pokemon and it will take you to the post that has more information about it:

Congratulations to Namikaze for winning todays tour! He gets 3 points, and Delteros got 2nd so he gets 2 points, and the user who on PS goes by ThatRaichuGuy subbed in for a no-show and I forgot to ask him about his Smogon name (if you see this pm/vm me), but he got 3rd and gets 1 point. Also when I get done with exams I will add up all the points for all the rounds that have been in 2016, so look out for that.

[21:31:48] Gamabunta: Namikaze won
[21:31:51] Gamabunta: Game 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-382023939
[21:32:01] Gamabunta: Game 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-382026188
[21:32:16] Gamabunta: ggs all around

Gamabunta=Delteros

Okay first of sorry for posting this so late and reusing a Pokemon, but I kinda forgot about this until today and didn't really have time to find a new Pokemon, which is why we are just doing Telepathy Dialga again (I picked it since it was the most popular). Also, we are now doing this tour 2 hours later, at 4pm EDT, after I have been asked about having these later several times. This does mean slightly longer Saturday evenings for me unfortunately, but I'll just have to deal with it. Link to the tournament is here, and link to the chatroom, Tohjo Falls, is here. Here is the info on the Dialga:

Dialga
Nature: Modest - Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 0 - IVs: 31/25/31/31/31/0
Moveset:

This Dialga was given to me by kamikaze17 , who recieved it from ΩDonut. This is one of very few Telepathy Dialga's that pass the hack checks at Regionals, and as an added bonus it also has HP Ice. This week you will recieve it through manual trades due to its Wish Ribbon.

Okay first of sorry for posting this so late and reusing a Pokemon, but I kinda forgot about this until today and didn't really have time to find a new Pokemon, which is why we are just doing Telepathy Dialga again (I picked it since it was the most popular). Also, we are now doing this tour 2 hours later, at 4pm EDT, after I have been asked about having these later several times. This does mean slightly longer Saturday evenings for me unfortunately, but I'll just have to deal with it. Link to the tournament is here, and link to the chatroom, Tohjo Falls, is here. Here is the info on the Dialga:

Dialga
Moveset:

This Dialga was given to me by kamikaze17 , who recieved it from ΩDonut. This is one of very few Telepathy Dialga's that pass the hack checks at Regionals, and as an added bonus it also has HP Ice. This week you will recieve it through manual trades due to its Wish Ribbon.
Battles are done over Showdown correct?

Edit: It is, nvm. Thank God. I don't have to finish my team yet ingame

Dialga
Moveset:

Hello, I'm new to smogon - but I am interested in owning this Dialga; is this a prize for participating in Smogon tourney or something? Please let me know what I can do to obtain it, thank you!

Hello, I'm new to smogon - but I am interested in owning this Dialga; is this a prize for participating in Smogon tourney or something? Please let me know what I can do to obtain it, thank you!
It was part of the VGC tour earlier today. You can only obtain by participating in it. Every other week these tourneys tae place, with a different prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)