SmogTours Chat During Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
While this topic applies to ALL official tournaments, I am making this post here due to its relevance to SPL currently.

We, the TD team, have been fairly lenient on the Tours chat during games for some time now, even while becoming more strict and rigorous dealing with cheating and ghosting as it relates to the teams themselves. While a fair amount is permissible in the Tours chat, as of late it has simply become next level ludicrous the amount of "public Ghosting" that is going on. People are not only suggesting turn-by-turn plays, but are also elaborating to strategical extents on the match.

This isn't acceptable and needs to stop going forward. One of the things we have struggled with on this issue is its pervasiveness - frankly, like 65% of the tournament community would be punished if we were as strict as we are when it comes to in-team chat. Let this post serve as a warning and reminder going forward that we, as TDs, are going to take this more seriously and strictly moving forward. Stop suggesting plays, stop laying out multiple-turn gameplans, stop explaining why Mon X needs to be Set Y due to Reason Z.

I understand the need to impress the rest of the tournament community by "calling it" but we are getting to the point where it's advantageous to keep the chat open to be reminded of certain ideas, techniques and plays that you would not have otherwise thought of yourself. This simply isn't fair for the people playing the match and, going forward, will need to be cut down on.

I won't be enacting retroactive punishments or anything like that, just, when typing in the SmogTours chat, ask yourself if what you are saying would be acceptable if it were in the Team Discord. If it wouldn't, keep it to yourself or in a PM to someone unrelated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)