Speedrunning

I'd have liked to race OoT but I don't have the equipment to stream :(

Also the OP might want to update some stuff (i.e. pydoyks hasn't streamed in months, Puncayshun becoming SM 64 king, Cosmo going back to OoT)

so guys, it seems like OoT to master sword is what can happen? What day is better? Saturday or tomorrow?

In for OoT too, I've been sitting in irc waiting for a good race to happen :o. I will be playing the 3DS version and can Skype if others are interested (say yes imo). I'm eager to do a run on either day.

Okay guys, 8 PM EST tonight, Ocarina of Time glitchess to Master sword! Join us at #speedrunraces (irc.synirc.net) so we can all join skype!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Something's come up and I don't know if I'll be there to start playing, but I'll come Skype as soon as I can.

2:28 to grab the master sword, 5 minutes behind moi and some more time behind vonFiedler . Apparently gained control of link by a few seconds sooner in the 3DS version.

Ampharos

After OoT wrapped up, me and moi did SM64 70 stars. I finished in 2:54 and moi finished in 3:41, but it would have been closer had moi not gotten fucked by Tick Tock Clock and the final Bowser fight.

Last edited:
Would love to do more OoT or other races in the future, by the way -- moi and von were a cool lot to play with.

Sequences that stick out in my head as timesavers right now:

• The Boss Battles. OoT 3D has a Boss Attack mode and, although there are no Deku Nuts or sticks available, my record for Gohma seemed to be sub 11 seconds in the wayback :o! Also that goddamn octopus won't claim any lives from us the next time. (sidenote: shieldstabbing seems to be patched in the 3DS version, unless my execution sucks? took more than 4 of them on Gohma)
  • Collecting rupees for the Deku Shield.
  • Fetching Saria's Song -- I think I had a hunch about the Goron Village shortcut I mentioned.
  • Optionally, grabbing the hylian shield for free in the graveyard before you have to deal with those pesky fire keese and, later on, octoroks. Also optionally avoiding heart containers and deku seeds if you dare.
Also, just thinking out loud here but several milestones as Adult Link could possibly delinearize our runs to that point. Learning the Requiem of Spirit would involve much time travel shenanigans, even if we don't necessarily pick up all the the previous medallions. unless you're gonna skip the lens of truthlol

The Ocarina of Time community partakes in Bingos frequently, which are non linear goals. We could try and do something of that sort some time soon. It'd be interesting for other games too!

Gonna tag people that may be interesting so we can properly schedule some stuff, but seeing as we have break we're trying to organize playing a couple of games. Bass and I really want to do Metroid Prime 1/2 (preferably 2) at a time that works well for most people so this is ahead of schedule (vonFiedler UncleSam billymills), and we're trying to think of a second more fun blind game to do as well (things we've done in the past are Luigi's Mansion, Sunshine, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64) (Walrein you deserve a highlight too Minwu) so if anyone wants to join it/has any suggestions/wants to get organised post here

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Did people like it when we did TTYD to boogly woods, I had fun with that? Obviously I'm going to reference sonic 06/unleashed/generations too, but IDK if anyone has any of those

Ampharos

I could borrow a copy of 06 if we really wanted to do that, but it would be for 360 so it wouldn't really be fair to Von anyways...

it turns out I'm free this Saturday (20th) so maybe we could do Metroid Prime 1 or 2 that day? I'd just want to start it as early as possible so as to sleep a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)