Starless Sky

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
princessofmusic said:
Those Altaria wings are gorgeous!! I'm undeserving ;A; It's so thoughtful of you to make gifts for others, considering how much time they must've taken, and I appreciate mine very much. I'm happy that you've enjoyed your time on Smogon so far.

I'm liking how sleek and serene Suicune looks as well as the spectacular colours and shading/highlighting on Roserade. also rofl @ ban hammer pics
Thank you PoM! I'm glad you like it.:>

Tikitik said:
Thanks for the shout! I'm glad that I was able to point a dedicated artist such as you towards SFP's humble art department. Your art has been improving with every article you illustrated for us, so it's definitely been great following your work so far. ^^

Kudos on taking the time to actually make all those gifts, love the altaria
Thank you! I'm glad you were able to direct me there. Having a strong motivation to draw and paint (for the SFP) has been the single most important turning point in my development as an artist. :>

nv said:
This looks amazing (just like every other piece you do) and I am glad I made it on the list of "people to give gifts to" because I have to say you are definitely one of my favorites from the "newer" batch of artists and it is nice to see you become an integral part of Smogon and PS! (I will teach you OMs and you will get good one day young Padawan lol)

Overall I am very happy with the picture and I am glad to see you aren't slowing down any time soon. Congrats on 151 posts! n_n

P.S. I am.very stoked about you doing sprite work and I cannot wait to see how you progress. Sprite thread when? :^]
Thank you! And I'll hold you to teaching me sometime.

fx said:
!!! I feel excited and happy for you and thank you for the wonderful words ^^ I respect you a great deal as both a friend and an artist so this really means a lot to me! Your art has improved so much and it's wonderful to see you experimenting so much (that of which i can relate ;;)
Thank you! You've been amazing to me as well and I have so much respect for you as well.

Reigaheres said:
good stuff

(But seriously grats on 151 posts, and may we get a second generation of your stuff!!)
Thank you! btw, that was actually super clever. :>

Take Azelfie said:
You are an amazing artist and I really hope you keep your work up. Some of your pieces are really beautiful
Thank you! Comments like these drive me to continue arting!

Anyway, erisia, I have your avatar:
Claydol.png
Claydol.small.png

The second one complies with the 80x80 format for the panelist avatars in case you ever plan on using it for that purpose. n_n

EDIT: I'm on my third page!!!

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ahhh thanks for the shoutout, Fell! congrats on so many posts, too :'00 (how to your keep your art thread so neat ;==;)
i seriously see all your stuff everywhere which goes to show how much quality art you've contributed and the amount of dedication you display
HOw to be cool like you tutorial plz >v>

great work and keep it up <33!

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ahhh thanks for the shoutout, Fell! congrats on so many posts, too :'00 (how to your keep your art thread so neat ;==;)
i seriously see all your stuff everywhere which goes to show how much quality art you've contributed and the amount of dedication you display
HOw to be cool like you tutorial plz >v>

great work and keep it up <33!
Oh my gosh! You're flattering me. And I'm not that cool, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to make such a tutorial. But, on how to keep your art thread neat, I recommend being a neurotic and obsessive person (like myself) and updating the OP extremely frequently. I'm actually rather behind right now (soooo much updating needs to be done).

At any rate, thank you so much for your kind words. They really touched me. n_n

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Next, I have a little gift for Cretacerus. I told you I would do it, and now I have. :>
Wow, what a nice surprise! I love what you did with Cranibone, you totally managed to combine the charm of both Pokemon into one amazing avatar! Who would have though that the cute and clumsy Cubone base would work that well with the stern expression of Cranidos?

The recent pieces really showcase your talent with colors and lighting, and to subtly create a unique atmosphere and personality for each of them. The serene blue tones of Altaria, the energetic colors and contrasts with Rapidash, and the natural earth colors chosen for Larvitar each complement the subjects perfectly. And of course, the deep and plain background with a touch of darkness goes incredibly well with Cubones deep and thoughtful nature.

I'm really impressed with how expressive your artwork is, despite them being mostly static. Especially the Larvitar image manages to capture the personality and relationship of trainer and Pokemon simply with their facial expressions!

Also, if I was anto, I'd put that Rapidash artwork in a frame and hang it in my room. It does look professional enough. ;)

Conni

katharsis
Hai! Seen your art for articles lately and they're very good! If you're open for requests, I think you'll be able to draw this beautifully!

Do you think you can draw either a Mienfoo or Pawniard in a hawaiian shirt, looking at their wrist watches with a suitcase next to their sides? I want the feel to be like they're waiting for a flight to Alola, I had this idea yesterday and I really wanted to draw it but my art isn't as good :I

If you do this, thanks in advance! And keep up the great work with your art!

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
Hai! Seen your art for articles lately and they're very good! If you're open for requests, I think you'll be able to draw this beautifully!

Do you think you can draw either a Mienfoo or Pawniard in a hawaiian shirt, looking at their wrist watches with a suitcase next to their sides? I want the feel to be like they're waiting for a flight to Alola, I had this idea yesterday and I really wanted to draw it but my art isn't as good :I

If you do this, thanks in advance! And keep up the great work with your art!
Are you still doing requests?
Hey! I'm very flattered that you both think it's worth requesting something from me. I do take requests, but only on a case-by-case basis. That is to say, the request has to be something I'm interested in doing, for whatever reason. Conni, I like your idea, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get to your request terribly soon, as it's sounds like something I'd have to put a bit more thought into, and I'm currently very busy.

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
Ugh. I have neglected my art thread terribly. At any rate, here's a bunch of stuff:

A piece of art for Berks's article on Shell Smash in LC. Read it! (But note that the background and all the other images were courtesy of h_n_g_m_n.)
Clamperl.redo3.png
Next up is one of my favorite things I've done for Eien's article on Psychic in Monotype. Read it!
Psychic Mono.png
I've got some more article art! This next one is for this article by Megazard and Dream Eater Gengar on of my favorite 'mons, Xerneas.
Xerneas.fin.png
I'm not terribly proud of this next one, but it was a high priority article and I wanted to be helpful. It looks decent-ish, I suppose. Read it!
Rotate.edit.png
Next, I have an older piece that was only recently released in Take Azelfie's article very fun article, RU Underdogs. Read it!
Mesprit.resized.touchedup.transparented.png
This next piece was for HeadsILoseTailsYouWin's very entertaining article, Balanced Hackmons 101: Priority and -ates. Read it!
Diancie.edit.png
Finally, this is the last piece of article art for now, I think. It was for Teclis's article on Steel-types in OU. Read it! (Also, does anyone notice how it looks like the Mew and Manaphy pieces from earlier.)
Jirachi.png
Lastly, we have some avatars I did for two cool people, anto and nv:
Dragonair.redo.touchedup and degrayed.png F+L+H.png

Last edited:

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
It's been a while since I hung some stars in my starless sky, but I've finally found some free time and motivation to do so. This is a big update, since it's been a while, but let's get started:

First is a piece I did for the recent Cresselia giveaway on FB. It was very rushed and so I was pleasantly surprised by the positive feedback I received on it.
Cresselia.fin.png

Next up is my MAC entry, which managed to narrowly snatch third place!
D+N+Contrast+edits+moreedits.png

Next we have some art I did for wishes article, Exit: STABmons. Included are some panelist avatars for ellipse, baconbagon, and Kl4ng that I really enjoyed making. It's a really interesting and entertaining article, I'd go read it if I were you!
Exit,resized.png <Main Image
Espeon.icon.png
Espeon.icon.small.png
<Ellipse
Bagon.png
Bagon.small.png
<Baconbagon
Klang.png
Klang.small.png
<Kl4ng

Speaking of panelist icons, I also did a couple for the Generation VI Battle Spot Exit Interview: The Retrospective: A Documentary for kamikaze and Psynergy:
Ray.png
Ray.small.png
Staraptor3.png

I've also got a piece for skylight's article Generation Six: A Generation That Will Be Missed. Go read it!
Gengar2.png

On the topic of generation six, I've also got some last minute art for DHR-107's article on Pokemon Z Version and what on earth happened to it. Go read it!
Zygarde2.png

We're almost done! Here I've got a piece I did for erisia's article on PU Pokemon in NU. Go read it!
Roselia.edit.png Combine.png

Finally, I've got WIP that's, surprisingly, not for the SFP, but rather, for me. I'm trying to practice humans and lighting. Some feedback would be lovely!
Waltz for Moths3.png

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
Small-ish update. First, I have an image I did in an attempt to recreate an older piece of mine. The one on the right is the newer one (hopefully that's obvious). I'm actually quite proud of the newer one. It reassures me that I really have improved over the last year. Also, I thought princessofmusic might like to see this particular one. :>
Surskit.jpg Surskit Anew 2.png
Next, I have something for Cretacerus. Since you mentioned possibly getting Corel Painter Essentials, I thought I'd do a piece using only Essentials, to demonstrate what it's capable of. It was done using some of the more fun brushes included in the program: "round tip pen," "coarse smear blender jitter," "glazing round," and several water color brushes one "gel"-mode layers.
Luminescent Field.fin.png
Finally, I've got a piece I did for Magnemite and Megazard's article Looking Back on an Era: ORAS PU. Go read it!
PU2.png

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
It's been a while, but I decided to post a small update just to say merry Christmas! This was done using paint tool SAI, and was largely an exercise in colour. I did my best to take two colours--an aqua blue and burnt orange-red--and make them appear harmonious. I shaded Alolan Vulpix with the red, and highlighted standard Vulpix with the blue, for instance. It was also fun to draw one of my absolute favorite 'mons in both its forms. Snow and warmth... sigh... At any rate, I hope it's suitably sweet enough for Christmas Eve.
Fire and Ice in a Circle.png

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
that would look like a lovely yin yang :) just a thought, but alolan vulpix's tail should be less curly to make difference even better, this is way too adorable tho

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
So... It's been literally forever. I can't even remember what stuff I've posted and what stuff I haven't since I last updated the thread. I did feel the need to share about my personal art journey though. Smogon was probably the best thing to happen to me as an artist. Making art for sfp articles and smogon's facebook motivated me so much to improve and work harder. I really feel like I've come a long way since I first joined just a little over a year ago. I should also, of course, mention all the cool people on the Smeargle's Studio and GP discord servers, who have been great at providing feedback and motivating me to work hard--namely, Ssensenh, princessofmusic, Tikitik, Jabberjock (who isn't active here so no tag for him), Jackii, monomite, and probably a bunch of others I can't even remember this late at night. Anyway, I'm super thankful to all of you, as well as to anto and The Dutch Plumberjack and Cretacerus and vzxt for being awesome and amazing.

Anyway, sorry if you didn't want to be tagged or anything, but I felt it was necessary to thank all of you for being super amazing! And if this post has a weird air of finality to it, don't worry, I'm not quitting or anything. I just maybe, probably, will let this thread die (because I'm too lazy to update). However, I'm not going to stop posting my work online; my newer pieces can be seen on my tumblr here: https://ifellfromtheskies.tumblr.com/.

I also post a lot of WIPs on the Smeargle's Studio and Artist's Block discord servers here if anyone's interested:

Artist's Block: https://discord.gg/deHTxfE

Smeargle's Studio: https://discord.gg/rpStGYF

With that out of the way, I do have a little art improvement/comparison thing to share before I post a bunch of images from all the time that I've neglected to update this thread:

The first is from about half a year ago, when I first started getting really active on this site, and the second is from just a few days ago:
1-6 out of this gravity.3.resized.png Shades of Purple finallyactuallydoneandsigned.png

Anyway, here's the a larger sample of my recent work! (The last one is a collab with Ssensenh btw) :>
Secret Gardensigned.png Apart.png Flight of Soulsfin(resized and contrast +23).png Amatsu Kitsune.signed.png Angels Take Many Forms5.png The Purple Mountains fin.touchedup.signed.png Autumnal Tears redux fin signed.png Unicorn.fin.resized.signed.png Esper Jolt (resized for space) (1).png

Last edited:

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
LOOK AT YOUR BEAUTIFUL ART YOU BEAUTIFUL ARTIST AAAAHHH
EVERYTHIng you draw is just so atmospheric and beautiful<33
tbh you're gonna be pro af and I'll get to be like "im cool i have fell's discord OOOO"
ahaha but actually you're so amazing, and you got them math smarts too 0^": <3
so so glad we ever started chatting, i love you so much!<3 :"^D
stay lovely, and i'm always looking forward to more >:^0c

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
LOOK AT YOUR BEAUTIFUL ART YOU BEAUTIFUL ARTIST AAAAHHH
EVERYTHIng you draw is just so atmospheric and beautiful<33
tbh you're gonna be pro af and I'll get to be like "im cool i have fell's discord OOOO"
ahaha but actually you're so amazing, and you got them math smarts too 0^": <3
so so glad we ever started chatting, i love you so much!<3 :"^D
stay lovely, and i'm always looking forward to more >:^0c
Ty ami! I should be saying all that to you oml!!! You stay lovely and awesome!

Also, because yoi is a thing:
JustForThisMomentnfintexturedsigned.png

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
I guess I lied when I said I'd stop updating this thread. I guess what I meant was that I'd stop updating the OP. Anyway, here are my first two attempts at watercolours, which Nerina wonderfully encouraged me to try and gave me amazingly helpful recommendations with regards to supplies and products and colours. (The highlights and stars are white gouache btw).
Lofty Thoughts.signed.png

Your Eyes Tell A Story.signed.png

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
Super stuff. Especially the florges and lanturn illustrations.
Thank you! I must admit that I'm a little embarrassed you saw those though. They're super old now.

On another note, I've continued with watercolour quite a bit. I actually didn't do any digital art for an entire month and a half. It's only very recently that I've picked up my tablet again.

Here's a few of my favorite watercolour pieces from this past month and a half (I have way more, these are just a few of my favorites, the rest are being released slowly out of my tumblr queue):

Contrast (Shoot).resized.png So Far Away.s.png Kilma.s.png The Wind At My Back.s.png Multnomah Falls.s.png

Featuring original stuff, fire emblem and studio ghibli fan art, and a photo study.

And here's the first digital piece I did post-watercolour month (I love klance btw):
Romance for the Stars.fin.resized.s.png

Romance for the Stars(sans constellations).s.closeup.cloth5.png

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
And here's the first digital piece I did post-watercolour month (I love klance btw):
Man, you definitely reached new heights of detail and overall cleanliness in your recent image. Especially the rendering of Blue's left arm is superb, showing the creases on the sleeve and change of material very well. The faded star constellations in the foreground are also a nice touch and thematically very fitting.

And let me just say that your watercolor pieces are a pleasure to look at, especially your latest batch. You seem to have a talent for bringing out the best of the medium, and it's just impressive how you manage to consistently produce such high quality pieces in your own free time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)