Metagame Statattack

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Problem here is that Swoobat will probably die before receiving the Weakness Policy boost because this tier has more power behind it and its bulk still absolutely sucks.
Well, true. Perhaps it can survive a Special hit if it gets a Calm Mind up?

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Or run defense, calm mind stored power coverage move max speed swoobat? you get more bulk with +2 defense, and if you outspeed, get +2 sptk and +2 spdef. Also what about aurora veil with speed ninetales? seems good! Then swoobat can set up even more easily

I'm just gonna put some things here and hope they spark a conversation

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Speed

who remembers when speed boost was legal in enchanted items (now multibility)

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic/Stealth Rocks/Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Defense

Ew.

Kartana @Choice Band/Fightinium Z/Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Speed/Attack

Either the best late game cleaner ever, or the wallbreaker of the century, or a little of both. Pick your poison

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Speed

Guaranteed hazards or your money back!

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter/Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake/Close Combat
- Attack

No setup required, just send it in and start sweeping

I might come up with other stuff later

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Speed
Why not to use Air Slash isntead of fly? Yea I know the Z-Move would be weaker, but you would still be able to use it (well) after the Z-Move.
Or even give him another item, like Life Orb or something like that.

Why not to use Air Slash isntead of fly? Yea I know the Z-Move would be weaker, but you would still be able to use it (well) after the Z-Move.
Or even give him another item, like Life Orb or something like that.
..... because air slash is special

also if this is all to get enough posts to post a "omg make my ash team good in ou" please stop being so ignorant in every post you make

tl;dr: mawile already looks dumb and i cant wait to abuse it on ROM when this goes there
Ah, well you should ping me to speed the process up. The only downside is that I get to rope you in to test it.

Also, does this meta benefit Tinted Lens/Adaptability users? For instance, Crawdaunt can use Attack so that he doesn't have to waste time on Swords Dance.

Ah, well you should ping me to speed the process up. The only downside is that I get to rope you in to test it.

Also, does this meta benefit Tinted Lens/Adaptability users? For instance, Crawdaunt can use Attack so that he doesn't have to waste time on Swords Dance.
Breakers are probably worse off, +atk against +def is the most likely scenario for them and without any other factor it doesn't change shit for them. One notable difference is that +3 vs +1 is weaker than +2 vs +0 so mega Heracross for example is probably worse off, so are a lot of setup sweepers.

Anyway it's all well and good gushing and how high mega mawile's attack stat is gonna be but on the defensive side of things it doesn't change shit, in fact due to the fact that quagsire is most likely gonna be a staple on a lot of teams mega mawile is a far worse wallbreaker in this than it is in standard.

But the most notable aspect of mawile, crawdaunt, pinsir or w/e other mon was mentioned is that they have priority. And prio hits hard as shit.

In practice this meta will probably be similar to AAA. Walls are sturdier, offensive mons are more powerful, so they compensate for eachother. The significant matchup change is offensive mon vs offensive mon. This is why aaa teams are so unlike OU teams, you can't rely on soft checking as much so you run fatter mons and it's not uncommon to see physdef hippo or buzzwole in a place where there would just be a landorus in OU. It's more extreme, there's less middleground, and priority control is important as shit.

The biggest game changer here imo is quagsire and I wouldn't be surprised if like the entire physical meta is centred around beating quagsire while stall focuses on beating the stuff that beats quagsire (and cleffa on the special side ig). Kartana is sounding very good on that aspect with access to leaf blade, smart strike and sacred sword (ignores boosts) and might see some usage, but w/e I can't really predict how the meta will pan out. I just know that +def chansey is probably not gonna be good.

I'm just gonna put some things here and hope they spark a conversation

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Speed

who remembers when speed boost was legal in enchanted items (now multibility)

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic/Stealth Rocks/Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Defense

Ew.

Kartana @Choice Band/Fightinium Z/Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Speed/Attack

Either the best late game cleaner ever, or the wallbreaker of the century, or a little of both. Pick your poison

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Speed

Guaranteed hazards or your money back!

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter/Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake/Close Combat
- Attack

No setup required, just send it in and start sweeping

I might come up with other stuff later
Eh these are fine but Chansey needs all 4 of its moves and I would run sd pinsir still with speed. Can get what you were going for but not much thought

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Poor Ditto... all boosts disappear upon Imposter or Transform activating.

Set Name: Playing PAWesome
Leopard @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Assist
- Thief
- Copycat
- Attack

For dedicated Assist teams, at least it can boost its Attack upon switch in, and then sweep with Assist through V-Create and Ninetails' Sunny Day weather support.
This kitty cat doesn't mind foes that wasted their Stat boost on Speed, it's always going first and likely going to KO almost any non-resist:

+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Liepard V-create vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 492-579 (69.9 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Poor Ditto... all boosts disappear upon Imposter or Transform activating.

Set Name: Playing PAWesome
Leopard @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Assist
- Thief
- Copycat
- Attack

For dedicated Assist teams, at least it can boost its Attack upon switch in, and then sweep with Assist through V-Create and Ninetails' Sunny Day weather support.
This kitty cat doesn't mind foes that wasted their Stat boost on Speed, it's always going first and likely going to KO almost any non-resist:

+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Liepard V-create vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 492-579 (69.9 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
imposter and transform copy the target's stat changes though

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
imposter and transform copy the target's stat changes though
Yes, but in this game, it does not keep anything for itself to make up for its lack of moves, whereas something like Wobufett which has only a few moves can use Defense or SpDefense to enhance survival while using Counter, Encore, and Destiny Bond (you have to survive the turn you use it) against physical or special threats.
But I agree it can still take advantage with Choice Scarf.

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
This time, I would like to share my thoughts on chance in terms of offense, because Dugtrio is under suspect in OU and I can't guarantee the results.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake / Speed
- Rock Slide / Speed
- U-turn​

I see a U-turn having so much benefits in this meta. Let me use Darmanitan as an example.

What I felt about Darmanitan in general is it is somewhat inferior option as a Fire-type due to its nonexistent defenses & Stealth Rock weakness & Flare Blitz recoil kills it very fast over the match. But I arrived to a thought: "Why does longevity matter if one decides to build hyperoffensive teams?"

Because Darmanitan has a sheer power that is universally known to everyone, it can function as a very effective revenge killer without having boost in Attack, because most 2HKOs on neutral targets against offensive teams will be overkill with Attack boost, and it will secure OHKOs against the ones who are super effectively hit by Flare Blitz. If it turns out the power is lackluster because of bulky meta, we can slap in Life Orb which makes a good conjunction with Sheer Force.

The reason why I slapped in another Speed boost to Darmanitan is that it can outspeed every single Mega's with Choice Scarf and +1 boost, because it is not like Mega Lopunny will run Speed over a moveslot or an Attack anyway. Also, because of the metagame premise that reveals stat boost upon switching in, Darmanitan's access to U-turn and an ability to pivot against opponent by forcing shitload of switches gives it unique niche over other Fire-types or most offensive 'mons, and it helps players quickly figure out what boost has the opponent chosen to have over a moveslot. (Such as if Garchomp switches in on Darmanitan's U-turn, Darmanitan's team will figure out what boost Garchomp has and will send appropriate opponent to secure momentum.)

One can slap in the likes of
, and others depending the rest of the teams, but I find Darmanitan having unique niche because it has significantly more power. Landorus-T can work as a better pivot thanks to access to Intimidate, Stealth Rock neutrality, and Ground / Electric immunity that forces opponents to predict while having some opportunities to switch in.

--

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Attack

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Special Defense​

What I can foresee is possible trend of Pursuit trapping, because stuff like Eon twins compensating their raw power or Tapu Lele gaining extra Speed / Attack is definitely going to happen in my perspective. Tyranitar in particular does excellent job throwing fingers to common Defoggers barring the likes of Tapu Fini. Also because Sandstorm grants Tyranitar a special bulk of monstrosity, it doesn't even get punished too hard if It does best job severely denting / killing birdies when they fear Stone Edge and attempt to escape:

+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit (80 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 267-315 (69.7 - 82.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

... and I did not calculate Sandstorm damage so I guess this is p a terror for birdies to deal with, especially because Tyranitar's natural bulk gives exactly 0 heck to whatever they does in return. Things are more tragic to Latios:

+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 398-470 (132.2 - 156.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It p much dies regardless if it decides to switch or not. If Latios wants to kill Tyranitar, well too bad (ttar has uninvested bulk below).

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 185-218 (54.2 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 172-203 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also choiced attackers using Psychic moves will have to think really hard because if they are locked against Tyranitar, stuff like this will happen:

+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 418-493 (148.7 - 175.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

How tragic. That's an overkill. Maybe we can make more optimal EV spread of possible boost in Special Defense as the metagame progresses.

Moving onto Alolan Muk, it has one-dimentional moveset and usually carries weird stuff like Fire Blast for Ferrothorn and stuff, but it can manage to amplify its Special Defense even further along with Assault Vest to do stuff like this:

+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 103-123 (24.8 - 29.7%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 211-250 (50.9 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 87-103 (21 - 24.8%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

Probably the hits I have listed are the ones that are not the most relevant, but they do give general idea about how bulky this guy can be. So I will assume this guy can be fit on offensive teams when the rest of the team can't afford to acquire a check to aformentioned threats. Also while weaker than Tyranitar, Muk can switch in more than just couple times thanks to its typing which has next to no weakness unlike Tyranitar, and is still able to do something worthwhile after trapping things by spreading poison through Poison Jab + Poison Touch. About trapping, while Tapu Lele has 75% to be taken out by Pursuit after Stealth Rock and the other Psychic / Ghost types that are not neutral to Dark-type are most likely going to be killed.

--

The biggest game changer here imo is quagsire and I wouldn't be surprised if like the entire physical meta is centred around beating quagsire while stall focuses on beating the stuff that beats quagsire (and cleffa on the special side ig). Kartana is sounding very good on that aspect with access to leaf blade, smart strike and sacred sword (ignores boosts) and might see some usage, but w/e I can't really predict how the meta will pan out. I just know that +def chansey is probably not gonna be good.
Wow someone actually paid attention to my post, okay.

Formally speaking, I could not neglect this statement. Because boosts from attackers will be so prevalent due to the premise of this metagame, Unaware users will have something on top of them, and unless people start carrying stuff like Hone Claws Kyurem-B, Mold Breaker Haxorus as stallbreaker, or something dedicated to break Unaware, they will have some hard time against them. If stall becomes too prevalent, maybe the metagame will turn into AG meta where Toxic spam becomes prevalent af to take down bulky 'mons that would otherwise be impossible to surmount. That's all I have, and I might be wrong because I never got to see this metagame actually being played by anyone. Thanks for reading.

Here's a suggestion:

[any pokemon pretty much] @ Leppa Berry / Focus Sash

Whirlwind/Roar
Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes
Speed
Speed

Basically, this would force the opponent to switch indefinitely, and get slowly bitchslapped to death by stealth rock.
What do you all think?

EDIT: My bad. I forgot whirlwind has negative priority.

Last edited:
Seriously? Whirlwind has negative priority which can't be patched up by speed boosts. You're always going last with whilrwind, allowing the opponent to kill you easily.
So, how quickly is Komala going to get banned for its ComaPhaze set?

Last edited:
Yes, but in this game, it does not keep anything for itself to make up for its lack of moves, whereas something like Wobufett which has only a few moves can use Defense or SpDefense to enhance survival while using Counter, Encore, and Destiny Bond (you have to survive the turn you use it) against physical or special threats.
But I agree it can still take advantage with Choice Scarf.
Um, what? Ditto is definitely going to be better in this meta than standard. Pokemon having 3 moves doesnt effect ditto that much when you consider that ditto will copy the opponents boosts and then boost again. This lets you transform into their breaker, and immediately get +2, and force them out thanks to scarf.

Um, what? Ditto is definitely going to be better in this meta than standard. Pokemon having 3 moves doesnt effect ditto that much when you consider that ditto will copy the opponents boosts and then boost again. This lets you transform into their breaker, and immediately get +2, and force them out thanks to scarf.
it won't get the boost again

out of curiosity, will the statboosting moves ("speed","attack",etc.) have 0 pp, or just not show up altogether? also, how will bidoof work?
just wondering.

MAMP

MAMP!
out of curiosity, will the statboosting moves ("speed","attack",etc.) have 0 pp, or just not show up altogether? also, how will bidoof work?
just wondering.
ideally they shouldn't show up as moves at all. and what do you mean about bidoof? if you're asking about how simple works, i've answered that in the FAQ: the boosts are treated like normal stat boosts and thus are doubled by simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)