Gen 3 Steelwork

Foggi

Banned deucer.
Hey everyone. Today I'm gonna introduce one of my most recent and overall solid creations, I've decided to share this team because many people already know it and it had moderate success in various tournament games, notably was used by Astamatitos in his World Cup game vs Fakes and later on Astamatitos gave it to dice for his Smogon Classic Finals ADV Game vs Giara which he unfortunately lost. The team features a specific Wish/Protect/Toxic Jirachi set which has gained a lot of popularity lately, however people used it with Specially Defensive spread mostly which i didn't like at all, but after some discussion with my good friend Fear, he suggested Physically Defensive spread which would be able to take on Swamperts and other Physically offensive threats so shoutout to him because with that spread the Jirachi set does amazing work.​
The team is basically a variation of Superman Team but it has stronger defensive backbone than the usual Superman builds.​
It is made around Aerodactyl paired with spikes and in addition it has multiple Mons, which lure in water types and get toxic off on them,​
which makes Aerodactyl incredibly dangerous. Solid defensive backbone paired with really strong offensive threats and wish support is the definition of that team, Offensive teams in ADV tend to get worn down quite easily but this team has amazing synergy with the Wish Jirachi set which allows all of the Mons stay in the game for longer than usual.​
Tyranitar @ Leftovers​
Ability: Sand Stream​
Shiny: Yes​
EVs: 240 HP / 12 Atk / 176 SpA / 48 SpD / 32 Spe​
Quiet Nature​
- Crunch​
- Pursuit​
- Fire Blast​
- Rock Slide​
So the lead spot on this team goes to Tyranitar. It is my way of removing Gengar which annoys the rest of the team a lot and it also acts as my secondary Snorlax check, I led with it because it allows me to get up my Sand immediately, which extremely helps the Team with checking bulky offensive threats like Suicune or Snorlax as well as scares off Lead Zapdoses which can be annoying to face for that team.​
In the first official tournament game that this team was showcased which was my friend's Asta's Wcop game vs Fakes he led with Jirachi which can be an alternate lead slot but it was only used there because he expected Fakes to use lead Metagross. Overall Tyranitar is the best lead slot that you can use on this team, but up to the preference of the user it can be switched to Jirachi or Skarmory.​
The EV spread looks quite standard, but it has some major roles. Loads of bulk to handle Gengar, SpA to hit it hard with Crunch meanwhile the Atk EV's allow me to KO Aerodactyl with Rockslide 100% of the time and the additional Speed allows me to Creep uninvested Blisseys and Swamperts, the SpDef EV's however allow me to tank Hydro Pump from offensive Starmie and kill it with crunch as well as tank torrent range Hydro Pump from 216 SpA Swampert.​
Calcs:
1) 148 SpA Gengar Thunderbolt vs. 240 HP / 48 SpD Tyranitar: 92-109 (22.9 - 27.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery​
2) 176+ SpA Tyranitar Crunch vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 277-326 (91.1 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO​
3) 12 Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 302-356 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO​
4) 252 SpA Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 48 SpD Tyranitar: 312-368 (77.8 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
5) 40 SpA Torrent Swampert Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 48 SpD Tyranitar: 338-398 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
Jirachi @ Leftovers​
Ability: Serene Grace​
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 24 SpA / 32 SpD / 20 Spe​
Bold Nature​
IVs: 0 Atk​
- Wish​
- Protect​
- Toxic​
- Fire Punch​
And now the star of the Team. I already said above, what makes this Jirachi amazing, but ill say it here again, It checks Swampert, Aerodactyl, Gengar, Blissey and many other mons as well as helping other team members a lot by getting Toxic off on water types.​
Wish support is another amazing thing for Offensive teams like this one, It helps the longevity of the team a lot and makes it way more threatening than it would be without Wish.​
The EV spread was made by me and it does multiple things. The Hp + Def EV's specifically allow me to never get 2hkod by Swampert's Earthquake as well as Max atk Metagross EQ after protect and Aerodactyl's Earthquake after protect, The speed EV's allow me to outspeed​
most of the Bulky Mons and the offensive Endeavor set of Swampert and get toxic off on it, the SpA EVs give me a chance to 3hko max HP Metagross and always 3hko the Sets which carry speed EV's. The remaining EV's were put into spdef to help it handle stuff like Gengar or Bulky Zapdos/Starmie in pinch.​
Calcs:
1) 0 Atk Swampert Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 184+ Def Jirachi: 180-212 (44.6 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​
2) 252+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 184+ Def Jirachi: 188-222 (46.6 - 55%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
3) 252 Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 184+ Def Jirachi: 215-254 (53.3 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
4) 24 SpA Jirachi Fire Punch vs. 160 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 122-144 (35.7 - 42.2%) -- 90.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​
Skarmory @ Leftovers​
Ability: Keen Eye​
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe​
Careful Nature​
- Spikes​
- Whirlwind​
- Protect​
- Toxic​
Next up we have the most overused and standard mon in ADV OU, Skarmory. It acts as the main Physical Sponge/Wall of the team, basically​
just switches into physical hits to get up spikes/spread toxic then Wwinds stuff out after getting up Spikes.​
Not much to say about this mon, its simply the best spiker in the tier so its naturally a good fit on offensive teams which love spikes support. I guess i can say that it acts as my main check for Curselax and Flygon as well as my CB/DD Mence answer.​
The EV spread is just the most standard and the most efficient one, Spdef spread allows it to take multiple hits from mons like Hp fire Metagross or the really popular utility Snorlax with Fire blast.​
Calcs:
1) 252+ SpA Metagross Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 244+ SpD Skarmory: 124-146 (37.1 - 43.7%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​
2) 36 SpA Snorlax Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 244+ SpD Skarmory: 117-138 (35 - 41.3%) -- 75.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​
Flygon @ Leftovers​
Ability: Levitate​
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 140 Spe​
Adamant Nature​
- Toxic​
- Fire Blast​
- Rock Slide​
- Earthquake​
Flygon acts as my main DDtar check and secondary rock resist as well as secondary ground immunity. Its large movepool allows it to run​
different types of sets and moves, however on this team the Fireblast set paired with Toxic does the best job, usually the fire blast sets​
run Hidden Power bug for Celebi however the team already has Aerodactyl which is able to revenge kill opposing Celebis easily so i went for Toxic on Flygon instead to help it wear down opposing defensive mons for lategame Aerodactyl. Fire Blast is simply there to not let opposing Skarmorys to spike for free on Flygon as well as hitting the less common Forretress. I went for Adamant nature because the team already had Aerodactyl for revenge killing so more power was better than having more speed.​
The EV spread is quite standard for Adamant Flygon, i put 140 speed EV's because it allows me to hit 271 stat which outspeeds any modest​
Suicune and adamant Heracross, 252 Atk for power and rest in bulk to help the longevity of Flygon paired with wish support.​
Some people go for natures that don't lower the SpA stat on Fire Blast Flygons however, i felt like bulk was more important​
on this team and even with - SpA it is still able to hit relatively hard with Fire Blast.​
Calcs:
1) 0- SpA Flygon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 117-138 (35 - 41.3%) -- 75.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​
2) 0- SpA Flygon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Forretress: 255-300 (72 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
Snorlax @ Leftovers​
Ability: Immunity​
EVs: 112 HP / 76 Atk / 176 Def / 64 SpA / 80 SpD​
Sassy Nature​
- Body Slam​
- Fire Blast​
- Earthquake​
- Self-Destruct​
Snorlax is an amazing mon, being able to switch into any special atk as well as being one of the biggest bulky offensive threats in the tier makes it a perfect fit on this type of team. It acts as the main switch in into special attackers like Starmie, Jolteon or Jirachi as well as my main check for Suicune, the set that I'm using is called Utility Lax and in my opinion it is the most consistent set in​
ADV OU. Having amazing coverage, which allows it to hit most of his check super effectively is something that not a lot of mons have,​
Snorlax while being able to check special attackers it is also able to punch holes into opposing teams and deny any kind of sweep with his​
selfdestruct.​
Snorlaxes usually run random looking EV spreads, in this case i simply run more bulky spread which allows me to take physical hits as well as eat any special hits for breakfast, i put some SpA so i can hit Skarmory and other kind of steel types like Metagross or Forretress harder.​
Calcs:
1) 64 SpA Snorlax Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 122-144 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​
2) 64 SpA Snorlax Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 146-172 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​
3) 64 SpA Snorlax Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Forretress: 265-312 (74.8 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
Aerodactyl @ Choice Band​
Ability: Rock Head​
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe​
Jolly Nature​
- Double-Edge​
- Hidden Power [Bug]​
- Rock Slide​
- Earthquake​
Here is my main offensive presence of the team, the best revenge killer of the tier as well as the most scary choice band user in ADV OU.​
Aerodactyl is a staple of most Physically offensive based teams, it is an amazing spikes abuser and fastest viable choice bander which makes it incredibly dangerous especially paired with its good movepool and ability. There is not much to say about that mon, it is simply amazing and its moveset doesn't really change between the hidden power used, in my case it is hp bug because flying is used mostly to hit Swampert + Gengar with one move and my team is able to trap Gengar with pursuitar so running hp flying would be a waste. Hp bug also helps me with revenge killing bulky celebies which can be annoying to face for my team as well as hit Celebi + Tyranitar in one move and hit things like Claydol and Starmie harder.​
The EV spread is simply 252/252/4 because there's no need for funky EV's, these do the best job.​
Threatlist:
It is in my opinion the biggest threat to the team because it can easily get up three layers of spikes versus my Skarmory and because the lack of spinblocker it can freely spin on my team, the good thing is that every mon on my team except Skarm can hit it for a really big amount of damage and thanks to the wish support and three flying mons my team is not that weak to spikes.​
Offensive Starmie can be really threatening, especially if paired with spikes however, i got Aerodactyl to revenge kill it and it has a hard time switching into any mons on my team and thanks to my Tyranitar EV spread i can trade 1v1 with it if I'm at full HP.​

Heracross is super hard to beat, especially for Skarm teams that lack Gengar or Dugtrio.​
It can hurt my team a lot, however it has a hard time switching into most of mons on the team and the weakness​
can be mitigated by running the old school drill peck Skarmory set however protect is what makes Skarm broken.​
Tyranitar @ Leftovers​
Ability: Sand Stream​
EVs: 240 HP / 12 Atk / 176 SpA / 48 SpD / 32 Spe​
Quiet Nature​
- Crunch​
- Pursuit​
- Fire Blast​
- Rock Slide​
Jirachi @ Leftovers​
Ability: Serene Grace​
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 24 SpA / 32 SpD / 20 Spe​
Bold Nature​
- Wish​
- Protect​
- Toxic​
- Fire Punch​
Skarmory @ Leftovers​
Ability: Keen Eye​
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe​
Careful Nature​
- Spikes​
- Whirlwind​
- Protect​
- Toxic​
Flygon @ Leftovers​
Ability: Levitate​
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 140 Spe​
Adamant Nature​
- Toxic​
- Fire Blast​
- Rock Slide​
- Earthquake​
Snorlax @ Leftovers​
Ability: Immunity​
EVs: 112 HP / 76 Atk / 176 Def / 64 SpA / 80 SpD​
Sassy Nature​
- Body Slam​
- Fire Blast​
- Earthquake​
- Self-Destruct​
Aerodactyl @ Choice Band​
Ability: Rock Head​
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe​
Jolly Nature​
- Double-Edge​
- Hidden Power [Bug]​
- Rock Slide​
- Earthquake​

Shoutouts:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)