Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Search replays section of the Replay tab, can we add a feature that searches for a certain Pokemon? There are features that categorise each replay by user and format already, but I'd love to see how a certain Pokemon is used in multiple battles.

Thanks. I hope I posted this in the right place.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I'd like to resuggest having room-specific highlights. I know other people have expressed their interest in this as it is helpful for auth to have key words like "mod" "auth" etc. on hl only in the rooms they have auth in, or have key words like "mix and mega" or "mnm" on hl in the rmt room, but not the om room (for me).

As well, would it be possible to have the stat boosts granted by each stone for Mix and Mega included when you /dt the stone (e.g. /dt lucarionite would show the existing info + the mix and mega boosts). Not sure if this could happen, or if it's just something I should just talk to a coder about, but I'd be willing to help whoever does this, if it's possible. Figured this would be better placed here as it's about something to do with the website (the /dt command).

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Not sure if this counts as feedback or a suggestion but the dark mode on ps is a-ight minus the fact that the scrollbars (on builder and rooms and userlists) are a huge eyesore. In general I feel we could redo the scrollers and it'd look much nicer for sure, or maybe just get scrollers that don't look really bright still on dark mode.

edit: also the boxes on the teambuilder are kind've the same way

Brandon

My flop era is lowkey serving
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Suggesting a command exclusive to groupchat-roomowners to instantly disband/delete groupchats, without having to wait 40 minutes, such as "/deletegroupchat"
Alternatively you can also set modchat to # and leave, whichever you prefer.

Lou

going solo
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hii!

I have a suggest. Fit multiple users on private messages. A private messages where you can talk to more than 2 friends at the same time and the same window. A button to "add new member" or something?

This could decrease the number of users requesting rooms for their friends

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hii!

I have a suggest. Fit multiple users on private messages. A private messages where you can talk to more than 2 friends at the same time and the same window. A button to "add new member" or something?

This could decrease the number of users requesting rooms for their friends
That would probably be better handled in a different way. 1 use of groupchats is basically mass PMs and while they are restricted as to who can make them now, there are plans to make them avaliable to anyone eventually (unless things have changed). Another thing to note is a friends system will eventually be on PS, there might be something like this suggestion on the friends system.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
That would probably be better handled in a different way. 1 use of groupchats is basically mass PMs and while they are restricted as to who can make them now, there are plans to make them avaliable to anyone eventually (unless things have changed). Another thing to note is a friends system will eventually be on PS, there might be something like this suggestion on the friends system.
Is this actually a thing? If I recall correctly, when groupchats were first brought in, anyone could make them, and spamming this crashed the server, which led to the current limitations on who can make a groupchat. After this experience, I wouldn't think that the admins would be in any hurry to repeat it, so I was basically just wondering if this is speculation or something that can be confirmed.

So, I was honestly thinking about the possibility of there being a room made for Webcomics. I can understand where rooms like, say, "Anime and Manga", or "TV, Books, and Films" might be the sort of rooms that could fill in that particular void, but they don't quite bring much of any type of focus to specifically webcomics. I'm not even sure they're regarded much at all for either of those rooms.

I'm not entirely sure who I would have to talk to for there to be anything arranged to make a Webcomics room, but... in any case, any knowledge regarding any sort of possibility helps plenty in my eyes. I know the whole thing with a groupchat being made prior, but I, quite frankly, don't know much of anyone that could even do that, so... yeah.

(Thank you in advance for whatever info you can give me, or whatever help might become of this. If you'd prefer to directly talk to me on PS!, my name's generally the same there. It's just "The Meh".)

Lou

going solo
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, I was honestly thinking about the possibility of there being a room made for Webcomics. I can understand where rooms like, say, "Anime and Manga", or "TV, Books, and Films" might be the sort of rooms that could fill in that particular void, but they don't quite bring much of any type of focus to specifically webcomics. I'm not even sure they're regarded much at all for either of those rooms.

I'm not entirely sure who I would have to talk to for there to be anything arranged to make a Webcomics room, but... in any case, any knowledge regarding any sort of possibility helps plenty in my eyes. I know the whole thing with a groupchat being made prior, but I, quite frankly, don't know much of anyone that could even do that, so... yeah.

(Thank you in advance for whatever info you can give me, or whatever help might become of this. If you'd prefer to directly talk to me on PS!, my name's generally the same there. It's just "The Meh".)
Well, as you said, we already have rooms like Anime & Manga and TV, Books & Films that are related to web-comics, so i think it is a bit unnecessary. However you can try it and request for. Read this thread where you can find all the info: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-and-servers-contacting-senior-staff.3538721/

Well, as you said, we already have rooms like Anime & Manga and TV, Books & Films that are related to web-comics, so i think it is a bit unnecessary. However you can try it and request for. Read this thread where you can find all the info: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-and-servers-contacting-senior-staff.3538721/
I mean, I did ask around in those rooms, and... well, I know that "TV, Books & Films" didn't really say much about them, probably considering that they don't quite fall into any of those categories. Not to mention that it can fall into suite the same way for "Anime and Manga". So... it would probably be safer to say they don't quite fall onto a basis with webcomics like that... and having a room for it would be nice, as to follow suite.
(Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind it being jointly run by TVB&F, but that's probably way more ideal than possible.)

Raidx

Banned deucer.
I have a neat suggestion. I always thought it would be cool if PS had a command that showed the dex entries for each mon in each game. Like for example a command such as "/dexentry Luxray, Pearl" would be a super nice addition for the Sun & Moon room because we talk about dex entries A LOT in there and having a command that can show dex entries would be brilliant. Just an idea I had, if its something that cant be done I understand.

I'm not sure if or where there is a thread so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place but it'd be nice to be able to remove users from conversations on Smogon. Sometimes wrong users get added to staff convos or resign and itd be easier to have the option to remove them rather than having to make a new conversation when too many former staff pile up in one.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if or where there is a thread so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place but it'd be nice to be able to remove users from conversations on Smogon. Sometimes wrong users get added to staff convos or resign and itd be easier to have the option to remove them rather than having to make a new conversation when too many former staff pile up in one.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-simple-questions-suggestions-thread.3582200/ This thread may be more fitting, try posting it there

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
If you hover over a Pokémon in Random Battles it will show you its speed. However, if it's holding a mega stone it does not display the speed it would get if you mega evolved. I think this would be very useful in both randomized and formats which use pre-made teams.

Amir

Banned deucer.
Iirc this is my second idea I'd like to pass on, listen on and it'd be extremely nice to have implemented onto the server.

Now here's my idea, sometimes when you want to check out your ranking you may run into something like this: http://imgur.com/a/9CXBS
A big clump of ratings from battles where you accidentally looked for a battle from the past and you wish it was a little neater where you can see the ratings of the tiers and ladders you want to focus on, for example; I want to ladder on the Gen 6 OU tier and SM OU tier but I don't want to see my other ratings, so maybe if there was an option to filter them, being similar to the place where you can clear you win loss by clicking on your name, but you can just tick boxes or click on a box being "hide" / "reveal" next to the tier then of all the tiers you want to hide from yourself when you use the command. here's an example http://imgur.com/a/xvovI (yes I have bad handwriting) and then you hit save and then the next time you use the command to check up your statistics, only the tiers you selected to keep shall be revealed to yourself.

This can really help organize things really well, also I love your work guys and keep it up. <3

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can we not use cookies as a way to save? People like me play games everywhere and on different devices. Saving is a MUST.
What better (and feasible) alternative would we use? Saving thousands upon thousands (I have well over 100 myself and that's not especially large) of teams to usernames looks like a huge burden on the client.
This is also a big reason we have the import/export feature, to conviniently copy teams to and from pastebin etc. so you can transfer teams across devices.

What I might reccomend doing, and what I do myself, is to keep the majority of teams on my main device and transfer a few key teams to secondary devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)