Sun & Moon OU Reservation Index (READ THE OP)

So my Bewear thread got deleted. Little did I know that I'd be so swamped that I would almost forget about it. I understand that formatting changes were needed and all that, but I finally found the time and will to finish it. Since my thread got deleted, and the OP hasn't been updated, and still says I'm working on it, I'll have a new thread (a proper skeleton) with the right formatting up in no more than 8 hours after I post this. Otherwise you can pass it on and I'll relinquish it peacefully.
No you won't be posting a new thread, I made it clear that you weren't getting it back and I already gave you a second chance before.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ayyyy I'm here to ruin Christmas & Contributions.

And I'm all out of Christmas.

Sazandora reservation please.

(Hydreigon for those not knowing).

p2

Banned deucer.
starmie is near unviable in a greninja meta lul

dont use a heavy wip vr as a case for mie getting one either

Bird Spam has been nerfed, as Staraptor has lost its speedier-partner Talonflame. But I think Staraptor still has a role in the SM OU metagame. Unless someone else can name me a Choice-scarf user faster than unboosted Pheremosa but still capable of 2HKOing Toxapex and Mega-Scizor? True, its a suicide bomber that's weak to Stealth Rocks... but this is a unique niche that probably deserves an analysis page. I would argue that the meta has shifted strongly into Staraptor's favor... with Talonflame down and Tapu Lele up.

Adamant Scarf still hits 448 speed, outspeeding Pheremosa by 7 points (aka: the entire unboosted metagame). However, Scarf Adamant loses to Scarf Timid Tapu Lele. So Jolly is also a strong consideration. Even if "just" Jolly Scarf, Staraptor punches a hole through a lot of stall-pokemon.

Adamant:

252+ Atk Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 130-154 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- 44.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Scizor-Mega: 163-193 (47.5 - 56.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 280-330 (99.6 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Jolly (Suck it Tapu Lele):

252 Atk Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird (or Double Edge) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 282-333 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'd imagine that Staraptor deserves a mention. Its a capable and fast nuke, if a bit obvious to play. Push the "Brave Bird" button, but only after Celesteela / Skarmory have been knocked down. Otherwise, hit that "U-Turn" button for momentum into the opponent's wall.

Last edited:
I'm releasing the following analysis from my care so they can posted online (yay personal vendettas):

Porygon-Z
Breloom
Alola Exeggutor
Thundurus

To whoever takes over feel free to use what the community has worked up in those threads.

Last edited:
I'm releasing the following analysis from my care:

Porygon-Z
Breloom
Alola Exeggutor
Thundurus

To whoever takes over feel free to use what the community has worked up in those threads.
I'll grab Porygon-Z if ya don't mind (gonna use what's already there of course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)