Sun & Moon OU Reservation Index (READ THE OP)

This may have already been asked and answered, but I did not see it mentioned in the OP.

The Mega Pokémon from the ORAS OU whose mega stones are unavailable for the time being, and whose base was not OU, such as Medicham and Gardevoir. Are these pokémon being excluded because there's no foreseeable access to them at the moment, post-bank, or have they been dropped from the SM OU?

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This may have already been asked and answered, but I did not see it mentioned in the OP.

The Mega Pokémon from the ORAS OU whose mega stones are unavailable for the time being, and whose base was not OU, such as Medicham and Gardevoir. Are these pokémon being excluded because there's no foreseeable access to them at the moment, post-bank, or have they been dropped from the SM OU?
It's because of having no access to their Mega Stones in Sun and Moon

I don't recall Starmie being listed so yeah if those being allowed someone should talk to the analysis mods and reserve it

Items cannot be transfered via bank and therefore these megas dont exist until they are distributed through event or a possible and theoretical update that would add them
I say there will be an update because pokemon that are not in the alolan dex cannot be seen or accessed
That means an update to accommodate the new mons from xyoras has to occur

Even resisted Liquidation 2HKO almost anything. He's pretty good on a Rain Team for exemple, that's a niche in OU to me.

p2

Banned deucer.
araquanid is horrible and overrated

it might be a hard hitter, but so is rampardos and look where that ended up.. araq just can't keep up with all the faster and strong attackers the tier has to offer and it may have a unique niche as water nuke, but azu does the same thing (and has more than just 1 set mind you) and not to mention there's far too many common stops in the tier, it's not good and qc won't be giving it an analysis anytime soon

crawdaunt also exists so araquanid is just lol...

Araquanid has the bulk, so it's not relevant to compare him to Crawdaunt and Rampardos. He hits way harder than Azu, with less build possibilities of course. I'd like to know what are these stops he can't handle while he'll do a solid 40/50% on things like Tangrowth, Toxapex or Tapu Fini and takes like 20% on a Moonblast from the latter. +He OHKO almost everything else.

p2

Banned deucer.
i don't know why you think rain breakers are limited to this mon which is pretty much fully outclassed by craw in and out of rain because not only does it have a way to utterly blow back most grass types and fat waters, it still has other tools like priority as well as boosting options and access to knock off which makes it even harder to switch into. what does ara do that makes it so much more important than craw that it should deserve a team slot on any team? it's weak to rocks, it's super slow and its typing doesn't do it any favours at all.

really, ara is super bad and even if it was mildly decent, we (qc) would have definitely have given it an analysis, but for the time being there is little to no reason to use it when craw exists because the benefits craw brings are pretty huge.

of course you can always opt to find high level replays of araquanid actually putting in work and it might be considered but don't get your hopes up

Araquanid has the bulk, so it's not relevant to compare him to Crawdaunt and Rampardos. He hits way harder than Azu, with less build possibilities of course. I'd like to know what are these stops he can't handle while he'll do a solid 40/50% on things like Tangrowth, Toxapex or Tapu Fini and takes like 20% on a Moonblast from the latter. +He OHKO almost everything else.
The thing that makes Azumarill better is that it hits hard with secondary STAB, priority in Aqua Jet, has better typing defensively (isn't rocks weak), and acts a good breaker due to access to Belly Drum. Araquanid has no redeeming factors that make up for its flaws other than a strong Liquidation, which isn't enough to warrant a write-up for it. Please stop posting further on this, as it has been made clear that it isn't getting an analysis.

I would like to request that Kabutops receives an analysis. Besides Kingdra it's the most relevant Swift Swimmer, and it performs a completely different role than it. It breaks through Tapu Fini and Mantine with ease, two common threats that basically wall Kingdra. It struggles with some physically bulky threats like Toxapex, Mega Scizor, Kartana, and Buzzwole, but if running Swords Dance and Rockium Z, it can OHKO them with Continental Crush at +2, or simply do a lot with Stone Edge or Waterfall. And Aqua Jet means even Scarf Pheromosa can't revenge kill it. It's also the most viable Water type Rapid Spinner Seeing as rain offense is a very viable playstyle this generation, I don't really see why it shouldn't get an analysis. Even if the metagame is (arguably) unkind to it, the fact that rain offense is so potent outweighs that imo.

So my Bewear thread got deleted. Little did I know that I'd be so swamped that I would almost forget about it. I understand that formatting changes were needed and all that, but I finally found the time and will to finish it. Since my thread got deleted, and the OP hasn't been updated, and still says I'm working on it, I'll have a new thread (a proper skeleton) with the right formatting up in no more than 8 hours after I post this. Otherwise you can pass it on and I'll relinquish it peacefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)