Superstar Pearl's UU Secret Santa!

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Sign ups for this are officially closed! Since I won't be distributing the requests immediately, I'll give the people who haven't done so yet a couple more hours to PM me their own requests. Expect everything to be sorted out either this evening or early tomorrow!

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
This has been done. Let me know if you spot any mistakes in your submissions! To those of you who signed up but forgot or didn't know you had to PM me: tough luck :/, but there'll be more next year (probably)! If you guys want to stick around to help me completing the teams that people end up not finishing/making, then feel free to contact me on Discord, Showdown or Smogon.

To those of you who made it, remember the following: do not let people know what request has been given to you! also, feed me likes

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
Although we're supposedly past the submission deadline, a couple of participants have PM'd me asking if they could have one more day or two to work on this. Since I won't be doing the team delivery immediately, I'll accept this request and extend the deadline slightly until I start working on this, which should be sometime early this week. Hope y'all have excellent holidays and also hope that this year turns out to be better than 2017. See you soon!

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
I'm currently sending everyone their respective teams. Unfortunately, some teams are yet to be completed, but I'll try to work my way around that ASAP. For everyone else: feel free to use this thread to discuss the final result of this project, including stuff such as feedback (for what it's worth, I know I could've done stuff faster myself, but it was still pretty tough considering the amount of people who joined) and comments regarding both the team you sent and the one you've received. I'll edit this post as soon as every team has been sent. Thank you for participating!

EDIT: This is done! Let me know if you spot any mistakes. I'll try to get the remaining 4 requests sorted out as soon as I can.

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
(for what it's worth, I know I could've done stuff faster myself, but it was still pretty tough considering the amount of people who joined)
I know the feeling Pearl, it's really hard to work with such a large tier such as UU.

In other news, Here's the team I built in case anyone else wanted to use it!

Suicune @ Waterium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 28 Def / 236 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Muk-Alola (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 SpA
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Fire Blast

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Altaria (M) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Fire Blast

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone is welcome to use the Mega Absol / Salazzle offense team I built. I found it pretty hard to build with two mons that don't have much synergy together and also take your mega slot, but I gave it my best and had some limited success with it in testing. Encore is a really neat tool for Salazzle to gain set-up opportunities, something she can struggle to do. Enjoy!

scizor.giflatias.gifgliscor.gifprimarina.gifabsol-mega.gifsalazzle.gif

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Salazzle @ Firium Z
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Encore
- Nasty Plot

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 76 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Thought it'd be cool to share the team I made as well because it was pretty fun to build and play a couple test games with.
Request: Suicide Lead Azelf + SD Skystrike Talonflame + Mega Sceptile

Result:

http://pokepast.es/2217ed340859d410
Basically C/Ping the description I sent along with the team because I'm lazy. Again, really sorry to the person who requested this since I didn't really use the exact core they wanted, but I kinda switched up the idea since a suicide lead Azelf paired with a Pokemon that needs hazards off the field was kind of counter intuitive. I couldn't run Mega Blastoise since there was already a Mega Sceptile, which left me with just Tentacruel for the option of removing entry hazards via Rapid Spin (not literally but you know what I mean). Defog is much more reliable for Talonflame so I decided to go along that route and just focused on offense while making sure I packed a reliable defogger somewhere in the mix. I decided to have Azelf bluff a hazard lead since people often lead Mega Aerodactyl, Beedrill, or x scarfer on their team against it. Not many common scarfers like Infernape or Hydreigon will be able to outpace Azelf so it also makes for a good revenge killer as well. Thunder will snipe Aero which'll help Talonflame sweep later on, Psychic and Flamethrower should be self explanitory, and Dazzling Gleam helps to KO Hydreigon, which the team struggles with defensively. I actually tried to make the Sceptile mesh with the Hyper Offensive by making it into a setup sweeper of sorts without resorting to crappy SD Sceptile. This spread lets Sceptile KO the standard 128 HP Alolan Muk after rocks at +1 (which is the set it should be running even if you'll probably see max HP more often on ladder) and comes with the added benefit of making Klefki much less annoying since it'll probably be able to get a Twave off on everything otherwise, and Foul Play variants are bad news for Scizor and Talonflame. You could also try a SubSeed Sceptile but i have yet to test that myself. I have Cobalion as the real rocker, and also works as a backup Scizor check since Talonflame can be pretty shaky on its own. I have Rocky Helmet to punish Scizor mindlessly U-turning or Bullet Punching but resist berries (Occa, Chople, Shuca) or boosting items like LO or Fist/Iron Plate are decent options as well. I chose Offensive Rotom-W as a defogger and added HP grass to it since it'll do a good job of sniping Seismitoad or Swampert and getting them into range of +2 Talonflame. Leftovers is a good item to have it hang around for a while but Splash Plate is also something that's pretty damn good since it ups the damage output of Hydro Pump (you'll OHKO offensive Scizor after rocks with it, for example). Lastly, Scizor rounds off the team by giving you a way around Aero if shit hits the fan and you can't snipe it with Azelf, or get Cobalion weakened. Occa Berry helps you out vs Sceptile or Latias with HP fire, and prevents Magneton from easily trapping you. Speed on Scizor is just enough to creep Modest Primarina. 40 SDef also lets Occa Scizor live Flamethrower from Mega Manectric like this, which is useful for damaging it and thus, assisting a Talonflame sweep. Stall MU is pretty shaky because it's pretty linear hyper offense but in theory switching Sceptile into a Scald and letting it get burned should let you 1v1 Blissey since you can boost a few times and then recover ridiculous amounts of HP via Giga Drain. Not a flawless strategy of course but its not exactly hopeless! Hope the person that requested as well as anyone who decides to give it a try it enjoys it regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)