Ability: Own Tempo
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Transform
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Fake Out

Smeargle serves a few purposes on this team, while I had transform in mind when I made the set it is not necessary for it to function. Fake out and spore are pretty standard, stopping or delaying the opposing mons in obviously very strong. Sticky webs are important to stop opposing choice scarf users and other fast mons. Lastly transform is great if your partner has managed to set up or if the opponent has a mon that they are incapable of beating themselves(Celesteela is the usual suspect).

(Salamence) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fly
- Earthquake

Salamence is the main setup mon on our team, unless they have a lot of ways to counter it it generally makes the team. Z-fly plus fake out on turn one kills many threats in the format. obviously we have a huge weakness to fairies and ice types. Dragon Claw is main stab, tends to hit everything but fairies and celesteela pretty hard. Fly is just for the Z move I have never used it for anything else. Earthquake is a great spread move. DD obviously lets you outspeed things and makes it more attractive to transform into.

(Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Trick Room

Gengar is her to snipe tapus and to revers trick room, this set my look really weird at first but it has absolutely worked out for me. Scarf lele and Koko can still give us problems but fake out tends to elevate them. Shadow ball and Sludge bomb are here because they are stab and hit most things. Destiny bond is useful if you expect them to catch them trying to kill Gengar. Trick room beats opposing trick rooms and tail wind.

(Celesteela) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Some teams are weak to Celesteela I brought this to take advantage of that. I like it as a ground immunity to go with my Earthquakers, generally solid defensive threat. Flamethrower is good if you aren't lucky enough to use fire blast. Flash canon hits most things for neutral. Substitute is substitute. Leech seed gains you health and drains your opponents.

(Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail

Scarf Krookodile is here to check speedy pokemon and spam earthquake. I chose to go with moxie over intimidate because I already had Salamence for that, and because moxie boost are crucial in securing certain kills. Earthquake is just the best available spread move. Pursuit sometimes finds kills on switching mons. Crunch is our main form of dark stab. Dragon Tail beats Baton pass and other forms of setup.

(Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Bulu serves to main purposes, hit hard and set terrain. I am slower because I want to have my terrain come out on top if we both lead off with tapus. Wood hammer hits as hard as possible. Horn leech gains health while still hitting very hard. Stone edge hits Arcanine, flying types, and bugs. Superpower hits hard against normal types that could give us trouble otherwise.

Conclusion

This team has worked best for me in the best of 1 format that is the ladder when you can bushwhack people with the smeargle. This team definitely has more trouble in game 2s when they know what to expect. I have consistently had problems with celesteela if I can't get it down to the last mon.​

Generally speaking, your team lacks any protection move. Protecting is very crucial in doubles format. Give everyone that isn't holding choice item or assault vest Protect. As for the rest...
  • Replace Sticky Web with Tailwind. Entry Hazards isn't as useful as they were in doubles since switching happens less frequently and could potentially screw you up when trick room is up whereas Tailwind provides more team support.
  • Salamence should have Protect.
  • Replace either Destiny Bond or Trick Room with Protect.
  • I feel like Careful nature is better on Celesteela.
  • Replace Wiki Berry with Leftovers. Celesteela has Leech Seed.
  • Replace Substitute with Protect. Sure Substitute is great, but I feel like Protect is better on Celesteela.
  • Pursuit isn't good in Doubles as switching happens less frequently and it's much harder to predict, so remove that and replace it with something else.
  • Dragon Tail shouldn't be used on Krookodile unless it's holding Assault Vest. It doesn't blend very well with Choice Scarf.
  • Grassy Terrain weakens Earthquake, so it's best to replace it with another Tapu or be very careful as two of your Pokemon have that move.
Krookodile seems like a perfect candidate for holding z-crystal for your team. If it's holding Groundium-Z, its moveset should be Earthquake/Crunch/Taunt/Protect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)