Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

Name: Air Stream
Existing Ability?: No
Effect: Summons the new weather Air Current for 5 turns. In this weather, Flying-Types take 0.75* damage from Electric, Rock, and Ice-Type moves (kinda like Solid Rock), and the move Hurricane has perfect accuracy. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Flying-Type.
Niche: Aaaaaaaaaaaab.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Drifblim line, Altaria line

Name: Rinse Off
Existing Move?: No
Category: Status
Type: Water
PP:
Effect: Restores the user's HP by 50%
Priority: 0
Misc.: Heals 66% HP in rain. But heals 25% HP in sun.
Z-Move: Resets lowered stats
Niche: Aaaab.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Squirtle line, Piplup line, Basically any bulky Water-type that wants recovery.

Name: Air Current
Existing Move?: No
Type: Flying
PP:
Effect: Summons the new weather Air Current for 5 turns. In this weather, Flying-Types take 0.75* damage from Electric, Rock, and Ice-Type moves (kinda like Solid Rock), and the move Hurricane has perfect accuracy. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Flying-Type.
Misc.: Summons the weather for 8 turns if holding a Breeze Rock.
Z-Move: Speed raises one stage.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Everything that learns Tailwind[/hide]

Name: Breeze Rock
Existing Item?: No
Effect: Allows the holder to summon an Air Current for eight turns rather than five.
Removable via Knock Off?: Yes
Ignored by Klutz?: Yes

Grass / Ground 》》Grass / Rock
While Torterra may not have the best stats, Grass/Rock is an astounding typing, with only 4 weaknesses and types that cover each other extremely well. Torterra even has a cool movepool, with utility such as Leech Seed, Roar, Stealth Rock, Dual Screens, and Synthesis. Offensively, it isn't bad either, with coverage like Earthquake, Superpower, Iron Head, and strong STABs in Wood Hammer and Stone Edge all backed up by access to Swords Dance and Rock Polish.
Name: Guard Up
Existing Ability?: No
Effect: Upon switch-in, this Pokemon's Defense or Special Defense goes up by 1 stage depending on the opponent's higher attacking stat (Download clone).
Niche: Allows users of the ability to either wall the opposing Pokemon more easily or set up on them more easily thanks to taking less from their attacks. Kind of works like Intimidate, but it sticks around
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Escavalier, Shelmet, Honedge and Doublade, Chespin line, All "cocoon" Pokemon excluding Whirlipede and Charjabug, Hitmonchan, Burmy and Wormadam, Gardevoir and Gallade
Name: Acid Melt
Existing Move?: N
Category: Special
Damage: 70
Accuracy: 100
Type: Poison
Effect: Super Effective vs. Steel, 10% chance to burn target.
Niche: Steel types are a menace! Fairy/Steel types are hell on earth! Acid Melt solves both problems to a degree. I coulda gone full on Acid Rain weather from a certain other meta (or added Water SE as well), but that's a bit extreme.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Mostly poison types, even though a good number of them are Phys Attackers and aren't very acidic. Some dragons could spit acid I guess, especially Goodra could use a niche. It could find a nice home on the Nidos for sure as well as acid based mons like Victrebel, Swalot, and the like. Dragalge with this move has irresistible STAB coverage, so 'coverage' becomes a lot freer to choose.
Name: Swampland
Type: Water
PP: 10
Effect: Envelops the opponent’s side of the field in a Swamp, as the Pledge effect of using Grass Pledge and Water Pledge together.
Priority: Standard
Misc.: Swamp fades after 4 turns, or 6 turns if the user was carrying a Terrain-Extender.

Z-Move: User’s Special Attack raises one stage.
Niche: Provides a new method of speed control and battlefield control, giving a Pledge effect a way to appear in singles and spreading it beyond the starters.

Potential Pokemon With This Move: Grass and Water starters, Ludicolo, Pyukumuku, Quagsire, Gastrodon, Siesmotoad, Poliwrath, Politoed
Name: Fairy Charge
Category: Physical
Type: Fairy
BP: 120
Acc.: 100
PP: 15
Effect: The user receives 1/3 damage inflicted in recoil. Has a 10% chance to decrease the target's Atk by 1 stage.
Misc.: Makes contact
Z-Move: 190 BP
Niche: Gives Fairy-type physical attackers a powerful STAB move, especially for those that didn't have Play Rough.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Granbull line, Azumarill line, Mawile, Slurpuff line

Name: Weather Warrior's Crystal
Existing Item?: N
Effect: Consumable. When a weather is active, this peculiar crystal increases the holder's Attack and Special Attack stats by 1 stage each, then dissipates.
Fling: 60 BP
Removable via Knock Off?: Yes
Ignored by Klutz?: Yes
Niche: Can effectively replace a turn of set up. Useful for any weather-oriented attacker or sweeper, especially frailer ones or those without good boosting moves.

Name: Absol and Absol-Mega
New Typing: Dark / Fairy
Niche: Fairy typing not only gives a unique type combo but also gives it STAB Play Rough in addition to its Dark-type STAB moves. While it doesn’t matter too much because of its horrid bulk, it also neutralizes the Fighting- and Bug- type weaknesses while giving it a new Dragon immunity which could allow for more opportunities to switch in.

Name: Blissey
New Typing: Normal / Fairy
Niche: You could argue that Chansey should get this typing too, but I’m going to give it to just Blissey so that it isn’t totally overshadowed by its pre-evolution. This neutralizes the Fighting-type weakness so it can tank their attacks better, plus a useful Dragon immunity. Blissey is also quite Fairy-like itself, it would look just right with the other pink Fairy-types.
Name: Jetstream
Category: Special
Type: Flying
PP: 30 (max 48)
Effect: 40 BP.
Priority: +1
Misc.: Aaaaab.
Z-Move: 100 BP Supersonic Skystrike
Niche: Another special priority move that can hit things that Vacuum Wave and Flame Bullet don't.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Most things that learn Hurricane should fit
Cresselia: Psychic -> Psychic/Fairy
It's the lunar pokemon and moon-based moves are Fairy-type. Competitively, it gets a much, much better defensive typing to go with its incredible bulk.

Samurott: Water -> Water/Fighting
Because it just works.
Musharna
New typing:
Psychic/Fairy
Musharna is related to dreams, and its appareance is Fairy enough, having the Fairy typing would be useful for its new role as Trick Room setter
Here's the winners gathered in one post. This was really tiring.

While clefable isn't the best phys attacker, Magic guard on STAB recoil sounds fantastic.

Also I know it's not a mom suggestion, but if Rinse Off disabled water type for the turn, would that be broken?

I things this pet mod loves Musharna a little too much, but I'm more than okay with that.

While clefable isn't the best phys attacker, Magic guard on STAB recoil sounds fantastic.

Also I know it's not a mom suggestion, but if Rinse Off disabled water type for the turn, would that be broken?

I things this pet mod loves Musharna a little too much, but I'm more than okay with that.
We might as well rename this pet mod to SharnaMons or something like that :P

Also, while it's highly unlikely anyone would run Banded Max Attack Clefable, it could definitely surprise some specially bulky Pokemon:
252+ Atk Choice Band Clefable Fairy Charge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 189-223 (55.1 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also also, I don't think Rinse Off having that extra effect would be broken. The extra rain recovery might be annoying but losing the Water type could also leave that Pokemon vulnerable to an opponent's rain-boosted Water-type attacks as well.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Are we back to Musharna hype train again? Ohh well... It's just getting better in its new role of Trick room pivot, not it was a way to deal with Ash Greninja, which is a Pokemon can put a lot of troubles to this archetype

Acid Melt... Ohh boy, this one will put a ton to pressure to Steel types Why not a Scald clone tho?

I demand Rinse Off Tapu Fini! If someone needs a Recover move to be viable enough is Fini (specially with USUM just about to appear introducing a good amount of Defog users)

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So, something that just came up my mind when looking back at the buffed moves: Wild Charge gained a pretty significant boost in Base Power. Does Koko keep it? Because it'd be a tad bit op with that

Slate-wise, we still keep expanding Musharna's viability which is nice, and seeing Samurott out of all things getting some love is amazing

So, something that just came up my mind when looking back at the buffed moves: Wild Charge gained a pretty significant boost in Base Power. Does Koko keep it? Because it'd be a tad bit op with that

Slate-wise, we still keep expanding Musharna's viability which is nice, and seeing Samurott out of all things getting some love is amazing
And with a new better Fairy STAB... Boi, Koko has potential to be broken at SylveMons.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Ban Tapu Koko... Ohh wait, I'm a Tapu fanatic... Don't Ban Tapu Koko

Ohh and friendly reminder Clefable has Belly Drum and a decent physical moveset, this could be obnoxious...

Ohh and friendly reminder Clefable has Belly Drum and a decent physical moveset, this could be obnoxious...
But it's slow as fuck... Oh, look at all those tr setters. This has potential to be a decent anti-meta

Magic Guard doesn't block Belly Drum's damage though, I tested it like a week ago lol

We might as well rename this pet mod to SharnaMons or something like that :P

Also, while it's highly unlikely anyone would run Banded Max Attack Clefable, it could definitely surprise some specially bulky Pokemon:
252+ Atk Choice Band Clefable Fairy Charge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 189-223 (55.1 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also also, I don't think Rinse Off having that extra effect would be broken. The extra rain recovery might be annoying but losing the Water type could also leave that Pokemon vulnerable to an opponent's rain-boosted Water-type attacks as well.
I was thinking broken in the other direction, like nerf broken.

Anyway, talking Acid Melt, you could easily put Dragalge up the chart. When you need no coverage other than Dragon/Poison STAB, you might as well just filler the slots with like Rest/Talk or support. The longevity means you could probably use Dragon Pulse instead of meteor.

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Dragalge Acid Melt vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Celesteela: 317-374 (79.6 - 93.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

On other poisons, it wouldn't be too vital for Salazzle. Seviper could see some use and if NP Crobat could get some mileage as well. Victrebell would be the most thematic user. He wouldn't even use Weather Ball any more unless Ice and bug types are that troublesome, and because weather ball's value can be destroyed by a different setter.

Not sure if this is something Gengar should get his ghost mits on, as Ghost/Acid is hard to resist unless you're dark/poison, normal/poison, Dark/Ground or Normal/Ground. Nobody cares about Swalot and Toxicroak can punch through steel types anyway. Nihilego would do some serious damage.

I'm sure I'm not the only one okay with some non-Poison types having access as well. For dragons, it's a good way to bust steels without worrying about accuracy or unfavorable weather while also busting through fairies. Goodra seems to be melting enough on its own to qualify, and Drampa's tripping on Acid as well.

Last edited:
imo we shouldn't give Fairy Charge to Tapu Koko, SOMEBODY already gave it Thunderclap, against what I explicitly wanted, and I really don't want it getting any more broken

Hurricane Users (except ones that actively don't make sense for Jetstream):
Pidgey line
Articuno
Moltres
Dragonite
Shiftry
Tailow and Swellow
Wingull and Pelipper
Castform
Whimsicott
Tornadus
Vivillon
Oricorio
Drampa

Other Flying-Types:
Charizard
Zapdos
Noctowl
Togetic and Togekiss
Natu and Xatu
Yanma and Yanmega
Delibird
Mantyke and Mantine
Sigilyph

Suicune:
Suicune

get ready for next slate, in which we buff flying again

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Thunderclap isn't even the biggest of the worries - Wild Charge now has 150 Base Power. I highly doubt anything not immune to it will be able to handle Koko

What kind of ability d o you guys think would help Torterra even more?

Also, give Acid Melt to Salazzle due to it being the original Corrosion Pokémon.

Honestly I think we should give Koko Fairy Charge. I do think we should keep Thunderclap but remove Wild Charge. That way it remains half balanced.

Honestly I think we should give Koko Fairy Charge. I do think we should keep Thunderclap but remove Wild Charge. That way it remains half balanced.
That's a terrible idea. It won't be "half-balanced", it'll be entirely broken. It's already at A+ rank in vanilla OU where it has to use its lower attacking stat except on Z-Nuke sets.

This is gonna be GSC Snorlax all over again: an unnecessary buff to a 'mon that was already amazing, that makes it completely broken.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Well look, the only way to know if it would be really broken is to test how Tapu Koko would be with each of the three moves. If Tapu Koko is more broken with just one of it, then it is a big problem. Banning should be kept at absolute last resort.

Distribution Stuff:

Air Stream - Not sure, a lot of Flying-types could get this. Since it's a major buff, something like Swanna or Jumpluff would really appreciate it (especially since the former has Hurricane and the latter has U-Turn, Sleep Powder, and good Speed). The suggested Drifblim and Altaria make a lot of sense flavor wise as well.

Guard Up - I stand by my list, maybe excluding the cocoon mons and/or the Honedge line (Doublade has enough buffs, right?) [My original list on the post is: Escavalier, Shelmet, Honedge and Doublade, Chespin line, All "cocoon" Pokemon excluding Whirlipede and Charjabug, Hitmonchan, Burmy and Wormadam, Gardevoir and Gallade]

Rinse Off - Politoed makes for a great user of the move, giving it something over Pelipper at least. The Lotad line would also appreciate a recovery move that compliments it's rain abilities. Otherwise, the Chinchou line, Mudkip and/or Tympole lines, Finneon line, and Piplup line would all love to have recovery.

Air Current - Most Flying-types. Makes sense for a weather. Other Pokemon with Flying-type flavor like Decidueye and Whimsicott work, too.

Acid Melt and Swampland - I pretty much agree with the suggestions

Fairy Charge - NOT Tapu Koko, Xerneas because it's physical movepool is actually good, but lacks STAB, Cleffa line, Igglybuff line, Togepi line (see Xerneas and apply it to Togekiss), Gallade (I feel like it should have a physical Fairy move to draw a parallel to Gardevoir), Slurpuff. Stuff line Azurill, Mawile, Mimikyu, and Diancie are iffy.

Jetstream - I agree with Pika's list, and maybe add the Lati Twins

Tapu Koko - Thunderclap should be fine, Fairy Charge and Wild Charge are likely too much, though. The meta hasn't been coded yet, so if changes aren't made by then, time will tell

Well look, the only way to know if it would be really broken is to test how Tapu Koko would be with each of the three moves. If Tapu Koko is more broken with just one of it, then it is a big problem. Banning should be kept at absolute last resort.
It was broken in STABmons, with weaker STABs, and a boatload of priority to contend with. There shouldn't be a question as to why this is a bad idea.

Oops, did my move threaten to break Tapu Koko? Should Fairy Charge be given to Tapu Bulu or would that be too much for it too?

EDIT: And just for the record, I actually had Tapu Bulu in mind first when I thought of Fairy Charge since it can't even use Dazzling Gleam well.

Last edited:
Oops, did my move threaten to break Tapu Koko? Should Fairy Charge be given to Tapu Bulu or would that be too much for it too?
protip: never make a good electric or fairy move, or else either ludi, revi, or both will try to break koko with it

bulu sounds fine imo. it already has one good physical stab, and it's lower than koko on viability ranks, and it isn't broken in stabmons, so it won't break it. grass and fairy share a lot of resists anyway

Air Stream: Maybe Thunderus, Salamence and Swellow

Rinse Off : Ludicolo and Wailord. Maybe some Dry Skin users.

Air Current: Agreed. Anything that gets Air Stream should get this too.

Guard Up: The list seems fine to me.

Acid Melt: Muk (both varients), Swalot, Victreebel, Goodra, Salandit-line, Draglage, maybe Heatmor and Snorlax.

Swampland: I agree that the grass an water elemental monkeys should be added. Others that might also work are Toxicroak, Muk and Trevenant.

Fairy Charge: For non-fairies, maybe Lopunny, Togedamaru, Miltank, eeveelutions

Jetsream: Talonflame, Swellow and Rayquaza especially should get it. Maybe not Whimsicott, Volcarona or Mewtwo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)