Monotype Team Fighting

The Fighting-type is one of the most used in the OU metagame. One of the resons this happens is that it is very useful to deal with Ice-types and more importantly with Rock--, Steel-, Normal-, and Dark-types. Since I have a personal tendency to prefer Psychic Pokémon, I was very surprised to find out this team was somewhat effective and very easy to work with. However, I am always looking for a way to improve my teams and I am thankful for all input.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Infernape is the most commonly used lead of this team. Stealth Rock can be used when a withdraw is expected and thanks to its high attack, its stabs Flare Blits and Close Combat always inflict high damage. Thunder Punch is a surprise against Water-types.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Point
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Poison Jab
- Cross Chop

Toxicroak is a countermeasure against Fairy-types. Its typing halves the effects of Fairy type moves and Poison Jab is a good move to finish them. Cross Chop is another good stab. Bullet Punch is an effective priority move and Fake Out serves the same purpose and stresses the opponent with flinching. I chose Poison Point instead of Antecipation because it is not that useful and Dry Skin in this team is not reliable.

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Medicham gained a spot in this team thanks to its attack. However its speed and resilience is not that reat aand I had to make an option. I chose to give it a Choice Scarf so its speed was a little better. Bullet Punch is a priority move, Zen Headbutt and High Jump Kick are stabs and Ice Punch is a coverage option.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- High Jump Kick

Scrafty is here to protect against Psychics. I chose a set that allowed in to set up reasonably easy with Dragon Dance to raise its Attack and Speed, Rest to restore HP (aided by Shed Skin it is a somewhat reliale option) and Crunch and High Jump Kick as stabs.

Hawlucha @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Hawlucha is an excellent attacker and its two stabs Acorbatics and High Jump Kick are always a delight to atch. Roost allows it to recover Hp. I am torn apart between Mold Breaker or Limber but with Taunt the possiility of a status-move crippling Hawlucha is minimized.

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Outrage

Kommo-o is the most obvious sore spot in this team. I didnt have any idea what to do with this last spot so I thought a dragon might be a good option. Facade deals with status and Earthquake provides coverage. Brick Break deals with screens and is a stab as well as Outrage.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
The Fighting-type is one of the most used in the OU metagame. One of the resons this happens is that it is very useful to deal with Ice-types and more importantly with Rock--, Steel-, Normal-, and Dark-types. Since I have a personal tendency to prefer Psychic Pokémon, I was very surprised to find out this team was somewhat effective and very easy to work with. However, I am always looking for a way to improve my teams and I am thankful for all input.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Infernape is the most commonly used lead of this team. Stealth Rock can be used when a withdraw is expected and thanks to its high attack, its stabs Flare Blits and Close Combat always inflict high damage. Thunder Punch is a surprise against Water-types.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Point
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Poison Jab
- Cross Chop

Toxicroak is a countermeasure against Fairy-types. Its typing halves the effects of Fairy type moves and Poison Jab is a good move to finish them. Cross Chop is another good stab. Bullet Punch is an effective priority move and Fake Out serves the same purpose and stresses the opponent with flinching. I chose Poison Point instead of Antecipation because it is not that useful and Dry Skin in this team is not reliable.

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Medicham gained a spot in this team thanks to its attack. However its speed and resilience is not that reat aand I had to make an option. I chose to give it a Choice Scarf so its speed was a little better. Bullet Punch is a priority move, Zen Headbutt and High Jump Kick are stabs and Ice Punch is a coverage option.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- High Jump Kick

Scrafty is here to protect against Psychics. I chose a set that allowed in to set up reasonably easy with Dragon Dance to raise its Attack and Speed, Rest to restore HP (aided by Shed Skin it is a somewhat reliale option) and Crunch and High Jump Kick as stabs.

Hawlucha @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Hawlucha is an excellent attacker and its two stabs Acorbatics and High Jump Kick are always a delight to atch. Roost allows it to recover Hp. I am torn apart between Mold Breaker or Limber but with Taunt the possiility of a status-move crippling Hawlucha is minimized.

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Outrage

Kommo-o is the most obvious sore spot in this team. I didnt have any idea what to do with this last spot so I thought a dragon might be a good option. Facade deals with status and Earthquake provides coverage. Brick Break deals with screens and is a stab as well as Outrage.
Hey RicardoSilva7631, first of all welcome to monotype. This team really doesn't even come close to functional in the Monotype metagame. If you want help building vm me on Smogon or I can help building on PS. My name there is iExca. Anyway here is what a functional fighting type team looks like in monotype.
Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Rock Tomb

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Good Luck with monotype!

Last edited:
Hey RicardoSilva7631, first of all welcome to monotype. This team really doesn't even come close to functional in the Monotype metagame. If you want help building vm me on Smogon or I can help building on PS. My name there is iExca. Anyway here is what a functional fighting type team looks like in monotype.
Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Rock Tomb

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Good Luck with monotype!

If I may ask, why give Heracross Guts instead of Moxie? With Moxie, if it gets a KO, it'll be faster and have a boost in it's stats. Guts isn't really all that great without the flame orb.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
If I may ask, why give Heracross Guts instead of Moxie? With Moxie, if it gets a KO, it'll be faster and have a boost in it's stats. Guts isn't really all that great without the flame orb.
Guts helps it take advantage of status users, a prime example being Mega Sableye’s Will-O-Wisp. It can still function as an effective Choice Scarf user that can threaten Psychic types with Megahorn and revenge kill even without Moxie, so having Guts as an ability is perfectly fine. You can use Moxie if you value the ability to collect attack boosts.

I'm gonna suggest using Dry Skin Toxicroak and Kommonium Z. Your team currently has Infernape and Kommo-O as Fire resists, but Kommo-O is your only water resists. Giving Toxicroak a water immunity gives it good synergy with Infernape. The reasoning behind giving Kommo-O Kommonium is your lack of special attackers and a Z move user. This would fit perfectly on your team and improve your ability to set up and wallbreak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)