Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Mazar

Banned deucer.
1. Mac OS X
2. Google Chrome
3. Safari (works there)
4. a few days ago
5. Mazar / p2 can confirm
6. Google Chrome is just super-laggy, but only on Showdown. As someone else I tagged has the same problem I would like to post here.

tagging Zarel

Reactions: p2
  • (Operating system) Windows 10
  • (Web Browser) Google Chrome 55.0.2883.91
  • (Other Browsers?) Mozilla Firefox
  • (When did this problem start?) Yesterday (1/1/2016)
  • (PS username) ChaunceThickums
  • (Problem) I keep getting the "PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now." message, and cannot use anything on the site whatsoever. I had also used the showdown app, and i think it was causing loops to be sent when i later logged in on my desktop while the app ran on my phone. I have tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling PS, and resetting my router, all to no avail. I was able to log in to the azure server but want ti be able to access the smogon hniversity server again

1. Windows 8
2. Desktop Application
3. Mozilla Firefox
4. Two weeks ago
5. ByonickGhost
6. Whenever i startup the desktop version the client never loads :/
I even waited an hour just in case it was lagging and it still never loaded.

Last edited:
(Operating system) Windows 10 64 bit
(Web Browser) Google Chrome
(Other Browser) Internet explorer
(Started) 2 days ago
(PS username) None
(Problem) It first says that it can not run Pokemon showdown through HTTPS and tries with HTTP. It then proceeds to immediately say "Couldn't Connect To Server".

1. Windows 10
  2. I have PS installed in my PC, but I also tried Chrome
  3. I don't have tried any other browser, but as I have read the problem would remain.
  4. About 3/4 days ago
  5. RotDob
  6. I have seen this problem over the forum, but not a solution. The problem is the following: 3/4 days ago I had a very good strike obtaining about 1420 in rating. For any reason the following day I went to play and the conection seemed to fail. Since this day I continue having connection problems as I'm being disconnected from the game over and over again, I try to reconnect, but I can't or I'm disconnected again. I've lost so many matches due to the "You've been disconnected" thing that at the moment I only have around 1150 points. It's really really frustrating. It seems a server thing, but my Internet is failing too when I'm playing the game.
Hope you can help me. Thanks.

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
  1. Windows 10
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Also tried on most recent version of Mozilla Firefox, problem also occurred there
  4. For the past week
  5. Pocket
  6. When I'm home, I experience frequent disconnects to the PS server (every 5-10 minutes). I use a wireless internet connection, but during these disconnects, I am still connected to my wifi and am able to use all other online services normally.

1. Operating system
  2. (Google chrome)
  3. (Internet explorer, Firefox, showdown windows application)
  4. (Just noticed today)
  5. (Hey_duck)
  6. (I play showdown on mobile and pc, notice today on mobile all my teambuilder teams had gotten erased, so I went onto my pc to try to recover them to send to my phone to import back, and showdown loads (https://) and then it lets me sign in and my settings, but below that the forums, team builder, find a match, anything on those 2 screens is unclickable, EDIT, the middle of my screen from the format for battling down to find users is unable to be clicked on )

Last edited:
1. Windows 7
2. Firefox
3. Have tried Internet explorer, phone application, showdown windows application
4. noticed 5 days ago
5. killSCREW
6. Says PS is under heavy load. The error occurred when i downloaded and tried to use the application on my phone. I was using it on my computer and then when went to use the restroom went to get on my phone and now I get the "under heavy load" error. Seems like maybe an ip ban or something because I tried to double log on? Anything I can do? I have not been able to use PS in anyway in 5 days

windows 8
chrome
the problem my messages won't send they appear on my screen like they have been sent but when I refresh there not there so they did not get sent for some reason

• Mac OSX capitan
  • Safari but i got it installed in my mac
  • Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
  • When did this problem start? This monday
  • addi043
  • It restarts, i can play it, and it doesn't open, it restarts when it wants to get in the main window of SD.

1. Windows 7
  2. Google Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87
  3. Iphone, Explorer, Firefox
  4. A few weeks ago
  5. 199 Lives
  6. Can't connect to smogtours, says it is connecting but never actaully loads. All other servers work

1. Windows 7
2. Google Chrome
3. No
4. 1 day ago
5. Crrs ☯
6. as soon as i open the site it says disconnected after loading even after refreshing it says the same. But if i open the site there is no problem.

1. Windows 7
  2. Desktop Application
  3. Firefox, no issues with the browser version
  4. ~1 week ago
  5. Woxbc
  6. Every time I start up the desktop version of showdown, as soon as all the stuff on the front page finishes loading, the application closes itself. I don't get an error message, and I've tried reinstalling/restarting multiple times with no effect. As I mentioned above, I'm only having issues with the desktop version.

1. OS X El Capitan
2. safari
3. google chrome (same issue)
4. since ever
5. flurbel
6. when i go to the showdown server site and click on a server it says it can't connect or something like that. it is like that with most of the servers.

1. Windows 7
  2. Chrome
  3. Nope
  4. Don't remember exactly, but it was pretty recently.
  5. MeIsBatman
  6. Whenever I try to join a game, the battle button turns into this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5s2VD-WYAA4yZp.jpg and I can't do anything about it. When I click on the game type shown in the picture, it just refreshes the page. I have confirmed that I am in a battle, because I signed into a guest account on a different window and found and watched my battle with the "Watch a battle" button, which, might I add, also cannot be used on my main account. I can also do battles on the guest account, which seems really weird to me. Is something wrong with my account?

1. Windows 8.1
2. Desktop Application
3. Firefox under Ubuntu 16.4 LTS no issues
4. Since i starded using the desktop application
5. Semako
6. The desktop application doesn't save my teams correctly. When I close it and restart it, usuallly my recent team changes/additions are gone and have to be done again. I run the application under a standard account, not an admin one and there's NO antivirus software active besides the Windows Defender.

1. Windows 10
2. Opera (44.0.2510.857)
3. No issues on Chrome or Firefox
4. A couple days ago
5. chartung17
6. Whenever I attempt to open Teambuilder, Opera crashes.

For some reason whenever I open the teambuilder my browser (Opera) crashes. I tested it on chrome and it works just fine. I could simply switch browsers but I would lose all my teams, and I prefer using opera.

1. Windows 10
2. Opera (44.0.2510.857)
3. Haven't tested on other browsers
4. Today
5. chartung17
6. I was disconnected from the server in the middle of a game, and once I reconnected, it showed me the game as if I were a spectator. I could still post in the chat, but I couldn't see my moves/Pokémon to select one. I tried reloading the page multiple times and it didn't help. This game was the second time today that same error happened. Also, Opera is still crashing whenever I try to open Teambuilder.

Edit: The third time it happened, I copied the URL and successfully opened it in Chrome and selected my move, so it appears to be another problem with Opera.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)