The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
This is the Anime discussion thread (mark 2). We will be discussing the current season's anime for the most part here. You can talk about other anime as well, but the focus of this thread is for any up and coming anime as well as any new releases this season.

Join us at #kawaii or #weeb on IRC to discuss all things Anime/Manga.

Here is a link to the mibbit version of the chat in case you need easy access:

http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#weeb&server=irc.synirc.net

I will be updating the thread with the Anime Chart for each season.

Anime Lineup Charts:

Notable anime this season would be Blazblue, Kill la Kill, 2nd season of Valvrave (though not a lot of people liked it, I personally did), and Log Horizon. This is primarily judging by description. But I could be proven otherwise... Aoki, Pupa, and Samurai Flamenco also look decent.

Yahari's OVA is also something I think will be pretty awesome.

However, the lineup for movies this season is what I'm excited for the most:

Chuunibyou Movie, Code Geass Movie, Madoka Magicka, and PERSONA FUCKING 3 MOVIE OMG!!!!

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ghost in the Shell movie PLEASE. That series is so underrated like I have not met anyone who has also watched it / read it. Also Harlock looks kinda interesting, I never watched the series because it too old and searching for decent streams / downloads is too hard ;-;

Alice

The worst taste in music
Lol acklow you never told me you were into persona series >_<, even when i asked about p4 you just said you played it like it was nothing >_>

anyway, WORST season in years by far. Nothing interesting for me except BB anime just for the sake of curiosity -since i'm an avid bb player-
Now on the movies section, there are interesting things, as you guys already said, MM, P3 and probably GITS. I'm also really curious about Sakasama no Patema...

P3, chuu2 and madoka movies are cool; but the anime lineup is even worse than last winter's. Galilei donna and coppelion sound moderately interesting, I'll probably watch BB and then regret it, and I'll pick up Kill la Kill if everyone is raving about it halfway through. Probably also gonna watch IS2 for my seasonal dose of mediocre harem.

Last edited:
Love this season, I feel like the only one who thinks this is the best of all time lol. A LOT of light novel adaptations that I'm looking forward to and hopefully they don't screw those up.

So far my watch list consists of (in order of favorites):
Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai <3
Strike the Blood <3
Golden Time
Outbreak Company

First two I'm looking forward to the most because the novels are great. Others that I might watch include Kill la Kill, IS2, Coppelion, and Ore no Nounai. I'm really excited for this season, but I'm going to guess the production studios will let me down again.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I don't usually get excited by these threads but oooh new Kara no Kyoukai!
ahh yess i have been waiting for this

here's to ufotable, i hope their animation continues to be awesome as it was in all the other type moon things they've made so far

Definitely going to watch:
Pokemon XY
Magi 2nd season
Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd season
Pupa
Log Horizion

I will probably pick up other ones too, but those are the ones that I'm looking forward to the most.

Also, this is the actually poster for Pokemon XY(If anyone cares):

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
The ones that immediately got my attention are Persona 3 movie (FUCK YEAH!) and Captain Harlock.

Hmmm... I thought Assassination Classroom would be under Fall 2013 anime? Must've been moved to Winter then...

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I cannot take Kill a Kill seriously the way they dress the main character. And I don't mean it's over the top, it'd be over the top if she showed half as much skin. I mean that it's supposed to be badass and or sexy but it's just fucking stupid as shit. They could have made something actually unique and interesting but they threw it all away to make the show more like Panty and Stocking. I don't see myself watching much longer.

I cannot take Kill a Kill seriously the way they dress the main character. And I don't mean it's over the top, it'd be over the top if she showed half as much skin. I mean that it's supposed to be badass and or sexy but it's just fucking stupid as shit. They could have made something actually unique and interesting but they threw it all away to make the show more like Panty and Stocking. I don't see myself watching much longer.
That's studio trigger for you. You went to a pasta convention and now you're complaining that there's too much spaghetti. No, Kill la Kill is not the absolutely perfect savior of anime it was hyped to be. It's a silly stupid fun show that is probably AOTS (although Golden Time will challenge it if the Toradora creator can pull that off again).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can't expect them not to have fanservice, but when the outfit was revealed I just couldn't stop laughing. It's the definition of too much. When she got punched in her bare stomach and then bragged about how her outfit was made of steel, I just about turned it off.

Dude are you gay?

i've heard people think the titty parade is trigger being ironic but, like, whatever

i mean, i don't approve either, but i still like the show as a whole

The entire point is that the tits shouldn't matter. Can people really not see this? It isn't even deep or symbolic or hidden at all, it was literally said in the episode.

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Ghost in the Shell movie PLEASE. That series is so underrated like I have not met anyone who has also watched it / read it. Also Harlock looks kinda interesting, I never watched the series because it too old and searching for decent streams / downloads is too hard ;-;
I have watched the 1995 Ghost in the Shell movie, though I'm not sure if you're referring to that one or the TV series that were aired some years later. I liked the movie a lot so in case you have watched both, is the plot on the TV series the same as in the movie? I was considering watching the TV series (and also the film that was the sequel to the first movie) but I wasn't really sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)