The Battle Spot Replay Thread

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In this format jus just HAVE TO use both unaware clefable and Msableye
Mega Sableye isn't even in the top 50 most used Pokemon in this metagame so I think a lot of people do fine without it.
Moody glaile, swagplay thundurus, mkanga, ditto and probalby sheer cold suicune. What is skill?
Sheer Cold Suicune isn't even legal. SwagPlay Thund is a rare set, as well as Glalie and Ditto strats.
But swagplay is huge problem. Only real counter for that is msableye with solid spdef investment
No. It. Isn't.
Yeah, I feel like there is something wrong with battle spot singles on PS
only if you bring bad teams

also, starting a thread with the title "why I hate battle spot" isn't the best idea...

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
UJ9G-WWWW-WW3C-5N3U

In another show of "Swagger doesn't always work out," I tried doing some laddering in Battle Spot Doubles today to give my old 2015 team some use. Unfortunately that didn't start well as I lost against a bad team and then lost my connection while I was winning the next game, but right after recovering from that bad start and getting back to 1500, I ran into someone in the 1840s (was ranked 88th on PGL) for some reason. Really solid battle and I was glad to actually have a game against a high ladder player even though I have no idea why we were matched up. He's probably lost quite a few points from that though, poor guy probably wasn't expecting someone who knew what they were doing from a ~1500 rating.

Fairly certain this team was built to combat Trick Room because of the min Speed Heatran though his backups were Kangaskan and Amoonguss so he wasn't running his own TR. Also wish I had used HP Ice as Landorus-T came in since I had a strong feeling it would, and it would've put me in a better spot with Rotom-H instead of being stuck scared to switch out, but otherwise I don't regret any of my plays. Most of the hax didn't really end up shifting the game too much which was cool, even the Hyper Voice disable just ended up being insurance in case Landorus-T got screwed over by Swagger.

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
I was doing some laddering a month or two back with my Salamence TR team. I was in the mid 1600s when I found an 1820ish player and I thought I was guaranteed to lose. I thought I had auto-lost the game as soon as I flinched my Cresselia preventing me from getting up Trick Room. Somehow I managed to comeback and win in a very close game.

XG5W-WWWW-WW36-84MJ

yay necroposting

4MHW-WWWW-WW3N-BH8H < the last four are "Bee H eight H."

Video includes:
- 2 Swagger misses followed by a Megahorn miss. 3 misses straight was the only way my sweep was going to fail, so I decided to bank on it.
- 5 or 6 turns of full paralysis.
- two confusion self hits.
- 8+ reasons why you do not ignore Klefki.
- The only battle I have where I brought Heracross and did not get 2+ OHKO's with it. I was disappoint.

BCAG-WWWW-WW3N-HYDE

Can't tell if switching Rotom-W into a +4 Contrary Serperior was an amazingly brilliant move that payed off immaculately, or if it was just as retarded as it sounds and was a 100% fluke. My ego says it was "one of many reasons I don't run Sucker Punch on anything except Golem".
Probably only won because of that crit though. Missing was again, rampant on my end x_x

I'm also happily sitting at 1665 rating. I was 1613 yesterday. \o/

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When you're #1 on the ladder but you get haxed first round of a tournament
[replay]battlespotsingles-343819423[/replay]

I like how he got salty about the sheer cold but then got the flinch rolls and didn't say shit.

edit: oh wow he even rubs it in

Whoa! Long time no see. I haven't been playing Triples like I usually do. I can't believe ORAS is ending at the end of the year! That makes me feel a little bummed out.

ZJ5W-WWWW-WW3Z-BMN7

Definitely one of the most awkward battles I've had in Battle Spot Special. Lots of weird hax stuff, like Fire Blast missing twice, and then it got a crit on Cress, and my opponent setting up Trick Room and then reverting it one turn later (thanks, Icicle Crash.) Most astonishing is that Helping Hand Precipice Blades actually KO'd a full health P-Ogre! What are the chances of that happening, anyway? Maybe it was an IV/EV thing, huh?

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Whoa! Long time no see. I haven't been playing Triples like I usually do. I can't believe ORAS is ending at the end of the year! That makes me feel a little bummed out.

ZJ5W-WWWW-WW3Z-BMN7

Definitely one of the most awkward battles I've had in Battle Spot Special. Lots of weird hax stuff, like Fire Blast missing twice, and then it got a crit on Cress, and my opponent setting up Trick Room and then reverting it one turn later (thanks, Icicle Crash.) Most astonishing is that Helping Hand Precipice Blades actually KO'd a full health P-Ogre! What are the chances of that happening, anyway? Maybe it was an IV/EV thing, huh?
An Adamant helping hand Precipice Blades has a guaranteed ko on uninvested Kyogre and still has a small chance to ohko 252 hp variants.

An Adamant helping hand Precipice Blades has a guaranteed ko on uninvested Kyogre and still has a small chance to ohko 252 hp variants.
Thanks Demantoid! Hmm, so Kyogre would have to heavily invest in Bulk to survive that. Well, Trick Room is popular with Kyogre just as much as Groudon! That's something to worry about x<(.

Howdy! Back in BS Triples in ORAS! I ran into a lot of good stuffs teams, like Bisharp, Dark Void Smeargle, and Safeguard Cress. I lost like, two times in a row and got bumped down to about 1550. However, the battles I had after that were good clean wins, including this one!

5MSW-WWWW-WW3R-ULUM

My opponent really didn't do much, it seems. He did offer a strong impression on speed control, with Thunderwave Rotom-A and Tailwind Suicune, but Trick Room Cresselia really helped after that!

mm, I think to share some of my losses to ask for some help against certain teams in BS-Triples. Will it be good? I can't do anything there until I get some reinforcement to tinker my team again....

Here goes....
MNXW-WWWW-WW3U-WX8C
This one was a very masterful player, ranking top three when I faced him. Unlucky match up.

8DEG-WWWW-WW3U-WXYJ
Another unlucky match up with top three player, against seemingly common Trick room team. I learn I should kill TR setters first rather than engaging in counter Trick Room.

WX8G-WWWW-WW3U-W26M
A free battle, I was looking to laugh at Darkrai, but instead faced this. Now he's top-three.

I'll wait for Torneros. I need to tinker team and....

Last edited:
YYGG-WWWW-WW-3U-7BZ3

One of the most deligent Triples teams I've fought in years. Using on of the strongest strategies in the format, Perish Trap. Includes the use of extra top-tier mons like Aegislash, for his good bulk in Shield Forme, and Azumarill as an off-side Perish Song user. Definitly good stuff. Since I don't have many BR Pokemon to begin with, it was definitely a hard loss.

AZKG-WWWW-WW3V-C8TS

^ turn 1 sums up the last 15 battles I've had. The rest of the video is pointless.
"Charizard used Flamethrower! A critical hit! Garchomp was burned!".
GG.

G6KW-WWWW-WW3U-VU5U

Not my battle, but an excellent example of Triples play, and the specific changes you need to be effective in it! He uses shifting to delay the Fake Out, and controls the weather a lot with Tyranitar, and Sunny Day Amoongus! Pretty unique stuff. Heatran is super solid as always, and even better in the Sun.

AG5(FIVE)G-WWWW-WW4X-6MC2

I got matched up 1794 vs 1613. I am not the 1794.
Seriously guys, this is worth watching. Joseph is currently the #2 rated BSD player in the United States (#152 global).
I revealed two small details of my team revamp, but it is worth it for this video. No details; I won't even say who won.
No hax at all in this battle. Just prediction, two teams, and skill. It was intense, and every turn was 40 secs or more of thought.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I've been climbing the Battle Spot Singles recently, and even then though I rarely save my stuff, it seems like a decent amount of my replays have become public, so I might as well share them here:

GNEG-WWWW-WW4X-9LJ7 - Ironically, I was the one who saved this replay. A nice demonstration of Kangaskhan's power.

JUWG-WWWW-WW4X-67DZ - Another good display by Kangaskhan_n

BZNG-WWWW-WW4X-3YXQ - Mega Lopunny + SubToxic Aegislash, a core I've been seeing a lot lately, being annoying. Another good game for Kangaskhan (starting to see a trend here?)

B52G-WWWW-WW4X-3F9D - A nice change of pace, since the team's defensive backbone gets to shine this time around, even though Kangaskhan_n removes one of the biggest threats right off the bat

This should be enough for now. Might share more if there's some interest

B2PG-WWWW-WW4X-HG8Y

At that moment the top rated player in the US for BSD was Terry at 1837.
This random Japanese kid was 1847, so while he was beyond the scope of what us lesser Americans can achieve, he was just barely in the top 100 for Japan.
I was exactly 200 points below him, but matchmaking really doesn't care.

But, here we see:
Cobalion. Is. Life.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-368987615 waifu sweep.

Also, my X is accidently with my cousin an hour or so away from home, but I should be getting it back today, hopefully, and I can start playing raw Battle Spot again!

Also, I seem to have sparked a mildly heated debate about Machamp vs. Conkeldurr, which to use, in the chat atm =X. Their contention is that I should not be using Guts.

Last edited:
8ZWW-WWWW-WW4X-AAT2

Offensive Cress?! Once again, I've been watching He a lot. I'm not sure if he invests a lot of Sp. Atk, or if Cress was just taking serious advantage of type effectivevness, but yeah! Offensive Cress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)