Walrus The BrainpanCydonia Cross-Server Walrus - Won by Lebossle

15th Place
Submitted by Sam-testings
Score: 7.6

Yomi Yori Kikoyu, Koukoku no Tou to Honoo no Shoujo by Imperial Circus Dead Decadence

What is it with people sending me long songs like this one? Are they aiming for fullplay? Do they think the enjoyment I have with long songs by my favorite bands will carry over to bands I’ve never heard before? I don’t get it.

My Japanese isn’t fluent enough here, taking the scare factor away from the song. Despite that, I found myself following along with the song (all 8+ minutes) and maybe even digging it a little bit.

13th Place
Submitted by shubaka17
Score: 7.9

The Sound of Silence by Disturbed

This song isn’t scary. It’s beautiful. I became a fan of Disturbed after hearing this live on Conan. David Draiman’s powerful, emotive voice and the stirring orchestra arrangement would have gotten Shubaka at least 9.5 points in Well-Covered. Or even a good solid 10. But this is A Good Scare and this isn’t a scary song. In the end, Shubaka played himself with all that song-hopping.

10th Place
Submitted by Fort Colorcastle
Score: 8.3

The Triumph of Death by Brian McOmber

This a good example of instrumental movie music setting or enhancing the pace and tone of its respective film. I haven’t even seen this movie, and I can feel the creeping dread and the sense of impending cataclysm.

1st Place
Submitted by Martin
Score: 10

Hikari Yo by Kikuo

This song leaves me frozen on the spot, covered in goosebumps, my imagination running wild. I know enough Japanese to understand that Miku is crying for help in this song, and combined with the “SOMeThING iS WRoNg HeEEErE” atmosphere of the backing, it outright chills me.

Last edited:
Martin lights up the leaderboard with our first 10, yo!
Cancerous went all the way to 1st! Wicked!
BLOODYRAIN10001 and Lebossle fight to the death for 2nd!
LightWolf and Yeti happily lord it up in the Top 10!

Next Category: Animal Magnetism
With mafia hosting duties on top of everything else, I’m going to take more time between rounds. Please bear with me.
Monday 7/24 4pm UTC-5

6:31 PM] Knights in White Satin: the best laid plans of mice and men aft gang aglee(edited)
[6:33 PM] Knights in White Satin: @here surprise reveal swerve canceled, back to previously scheduled time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)