Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Lagoloon: The Reptile
Bisharp's evolution (name TBA): Level 51
Drugon: Eevee General
Crimsagon: SpartainMallace
Hitmonchamp/Hitmonkick/Hitmonspin: Eevee General

Lagoloon: Awu (interesting gimmick with good application)
Bisharp's evolution (name TBA): TheFilthiestCasual (Well, I can't believe you are the only one who knows that much about chess.)
Drugon: picksome (fits the best with my Crimsagon vote..)
Crimsagon: Pika Xreme (Objectively the best competitively DAT BULK. Also it's my adorable fairy baby. )
Hitmonchamp/Hitmonkick/Hitmonspin: SpartanMalice thank god we finally agree on something, sorta

Last edited:

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lagoloon: Awu - I stay in my vision of an evolution that depends on the gender and also offers a different strategy according to the gender.

Bisharp's evolution (name TBA): Level 51 - I really like the idea and the description is really interesting.

Drugon: Eevee General - I like the idea of a baby Drugon without wings, also the stats distribution is suitable.

Crimsagon: SpartanMalice - I definitely like the idea of Dragon / Steel double type, I've also always thought about this + attractive description.

Hitmonchamp/Hitmonkick/Hitmonspin: Eevee General - I really don't think that the Hitmons need a second type, mono fight is right. For Zerobreaker I really like the idea of Topsy Turvy on Hitmontop however I don't like the flying type (picksome).

edit: Uuh thank you Level 51 I don't know why I thought I read that in Eevee General's descriptions !
edit 2: don't hit :'(

Last edited:
Lagoloon: Awu
Bisharp's evolution (name TBA): zerobreaker0000
Crimsagon: Swagodile
Hitmonchamp/Hitmonkick/Hitmonspin: McFlareon

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Lagoloon: Eevee General
Bisharp Evo: Bayoknight, Level 51
Crimsagon: zerobreaker000
Hitmons: zerobreaker000

I'm super conservative when it comes to these things so I went with the less outlandish submissions. (Flying-type AERILATE Hitmonkick? Seriously?) Also guys stop using "it's" in place of "its" please ._.
(edit: also @Awu: Topsy-Turvy Hitmonspin was zerobreaker's submission)
(EDIT2 @AWU AGAIN: the flying type was was picksome's submission)

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
The winners!

Lagoloon: The Reptile
Bayoknight: Level 51
Crimsagon: Swagodile SpartanMalice
(Crimsagon-R and Crimsagon-S will be two separate variations of Crimsagon, similar to Gourgeist or Meowstic: they're unique Pokemon but share the same name.)
Hitmonchamp/Hitmonkick/Hitmonspin: Eevee General (I had to -5 from Hitmonkick's Defense due to an error with the BST)

===

Discussion time!

• What roles do you see these new Pokemon fulfilling?
    • Does the evolution outclass its pre-evolution's role? Does it fulfill a new role?
  • Do some Pokemon's roles change now that they have access to the item Eviolite?
  • Where do you see the new pre-evolutions fitting into the Little Cup metagame?
  • Feel free to make up sample sets!
Here are the new Pokemon for ease of access. Full Dex here.
  • Magcannon: Fire/Rock, 80 / 60 / 140 / 110 / 90 / 50, Abilities: Mold Breaker / Flame Body / Weak Armor, New Moves: Power Gem, Rock Blast
  • Ratinaw: Normal/Poison, 65 / 107 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 116, Abilities: Strong Jaw / Guts / Hustle, New Moves: Poison Fang, Elemental Fangs, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock
  • Hearow: Normal/Flying, 70 / 105 / 80 / 66 / 66 / 125, Abilities: Reckless / Sniper, New Moves: Brave Bird, Double Edge, Submission
  • Starus: Water/Psychic, 60 / 75 / 90 / 140 / 90 / 95, Abilities: Illuminate / Natural Cure / Analytic
  • Lickilil: Normal, 75 / 25 / 50 / 35 / 55 / 15, Abilities: Own Tempo / Oblivious / Cloud Nine, New Moves: Thunder Wave, Slack Off, Removed: Power Whip, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Thunder, Giga Impact, Earthquake
  • Lagoloon: Water/Grass, 80 / 80 / 85 / 82 / 95 / 78, Abilities: Damp / Cloud Nine / Prankster, New Moves: Taunt, Nasty Plot, Seed Bomb, Synthesis, Knock Off, Solar Beam, Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Giga Drain
  • Bayoknight: Dark/Steel, 75 / 135 / 110 / 70 / 80 / 70, Abilities: Defiant / Inner Focus / Pressure, New Moves: Sacred Sword
  • Drugon: Dragon, 57 / 85 / 60 / 40 / 60 / 18, Abilities: Shed Skin / Sheer Force / Mold Breaker, New Moves: Head Smash, Removed: Superpower, Outrage, Gunk Shot, Heat Wave, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Giga Impact, Surf, Strength
  • Crimsagon-Rock: Dragon/Rock, 87 / 130 / 100 / 70 / 100 / 48, Abilities: Rough Skin / Sheer Force / Mold Breaker, New Moves: Stone Edge, Head Smash, Rock Wrecker
  • Crimsagon-Steel: Dragon/Steel, 82 / 125 / 110 / 60 / 110 / 48, Abilities: Rough Skin / Sheer Force / Mold Breaker, New Moves: Spikes
  • Hitmonkick: Fighting, 70 / 135 / 65 / 55 / 110 / 95, Abilities: Limber / Reckless / Defiant
  • Hitmonchamp: Fighting, 70 / 125 / 89 / 55 / 110 / 81, Abilities: Keen Eye / Iron Fist / Moxie
  • Hitmonspin: Fighting, 70 / 110 / 110 / 55 / 110 / 75, Abilities: Intimidate / Technician / Hustle

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
That feeling when you realize I could have actually broken the tie but Post Reply didn't work like you thought it would...

Anyway, my thoughts:

Crimsagon-R @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws
- Dragon Claw

Crimsagon-R is a slower, yet bulkier Tyrantrum that hits harder. Mold Breaker is ideal because EdgeQuake. 87 HP isn't bad, but may not be optimal. That being said this can take a lot more hits than Rampardos. Can also run a band set with Aqua Tail, and leftovers if it wants to stay alive - but frankly with its typing, I'm not sure defensive sets are gonna work out. Crimsagon-S does tanking better, however this has access to much higher SpD in Sand Storm, so that's something.

Will edit this post with sets for Crimsagon-S soon.

RIP Crimsagon-Fairy "You were objectively the best, but no one cared"

Speaking of Crimsagon, I have a little set for Crimsagon-S.

Crimsagon-S @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Gunk Shot

sadly, this guy lacks Dragon Rush, so no Sheer Force boosted STAB, so Dragon Claw will have to do.

Now, even before the votes came in, I believed that Eviolite Bisharp would be usable regardless of what evolution was elected. A bit silly, but usable.
RIP sableye "Can't stand up to Lagoloon"

i hope and pray for Dunsparce evos next round

tfw didn't got the Bisharp win :U I liked that one a lot...
Oh well.

Magcannon is still plagued by that horrible x4 weakness to Ground- and Water-type, as well as x2 to Rock- and Fighting-type, Which hurts. However, it did get that HP boost it so desperatedly needed, and since most of its weaknesses are physically oriented it can just burn them with W-O-W or Lava Plume and live longer. But honestly, the Mold Breaker getting past Magic Bounce thing doesn't matter that much when you wall Espeon and Xatu, while Mega Absol and Mega Diancie absolutely murders you. You do get to burn/toxic Mega Sableye though, so I guess that's a plus?

Lagoloon is fun, with Encore/Taunt/Disable/Hypnosis/Synthesis/Soak all getting priority, and I see Soak being especially fun, taking away opponents' STAB while leaving them weak to one of your own STAB. While it doesn't quite have enough bulk to run a full wall set, the addition of Nasty Plot helps; With a single +2 SpA, even Scald or Giga Drain can hurt opponents pretty badly while in Giga Drain's case heal up Lagoloon a bit. Also, Prankster Disable. Oh my.

Bayoknight is pretty much just a direct upgrade of Bisharp, moving on. It does make Eviolite Bisharp a thing, though, which means it can finally not die to absolutely everything now. Okay, it still dies to Fighting-type moves, but after some calcs it can now tank things like Scarf Hydreigon's Earth Power which is pretty awesome. At a loss of power, of course.

Didn't look much into Hitmonchamp, but I have a feeling with these stat spreads it'll continue being outclassed by the other two Hitmons. Such is the life of Hitmonchan line :U

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Crimsagon - S @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Glare
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Iron Head / Fire Punch / Stealth Rock

A set I use in RU, slightly modified to adjust itself to spikes and its new stabs. Theoretically, it could run a shuffling set with two hazards but it wouldn't get past fairies. So one set of hazards + steel stab or coverage should be enough. Crimsagon does its best work in a defensive role, although it doesn't have to stick to that particular role.

Crimsagon - S @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head / Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot / Iron Head

I honestly think Crimsagon-S's stabs can be played with. It only needs dragon stab for other dragons, which hit it neutrally (but mostly carry Earthquake, and in some cases Superpower). However, its best move that is abusable with Sheer Force covers Fairy and Grass. That being said, Gunk Shot is redundant coverage with steel. It could maybe use Thunder Punch for Gyarados, Slowbro etc but that's about it. I don't think an offensive Crimsagon would cut it in the higher tiers too much. I believe Sucker Punch should be used over Crunch despite Crunch getting the Sheer Force boost, due to the fact that it mitigates its god-awful speed, as was the case with regular Druddigon in RU.

Alternatively, this set can be used with Assault Vest, making full use of its great defenses and useful ability's attacking potential.

Speaking of Eviolite, Hitmonlee gains a buff - I'm not sure if I mentioned it here before but I did mention it to someone, anyway Eviolite Hitmonlee is a weird user of Unburden - it can transform from tanking special attacks to an extent to becoming a speedy attacker just like that, after getting its item Knocked Off (it can come in on the switch in, but some gutsy players do it when it's already in play, anyway).

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
  • Magcannon: Fire/Rock, 80 / 60 / 140 / 110 / 90 / 50, Abilities: Mold Breaker / Flame Body / Weak Armor, New Moves: Power Gem, Rock Blast
I'm going to hazard a guess that Magcannon would be a straight upgrade to any role Magcargo performs in FU (?). Even there I think it's outclassed, but Magcannon with its solid Special Attack after a Shell Smash boost could be a decent sweeper. Power Gem is a much needed STAB improvement over Ancient Power. It has Fire Blast already and Earth Power is good coverage. It *might* stay in FU (theorymon is a bitch) but if it were to go to PU, it would struggle getting past Grumpig and Lickilicky, two special walls that could cripple with status (Thunder Wave w/ Grumpig) or phaze (Whirlwind/Dragon Tail) and screw over its sweep. Plus it would need priority revengers and faster Scarf Pokemon removed. 50 at +2 isn't always going to cut it. Possible set:

Magcannon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Gem
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

• Ratinaw: Normal/Poison, 65 / 107 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 116, Abilities: Strong Jaw / Guts / Hustle, New Moves: Poison Fang, Elemental Fangs, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock
Ratinaw has three good abilities and a very strong Speed stat which allows it to outspeed (among the lower tiers) Sneasel, Raichu, and Durant, all which it can KO with Guts-boosted Facades or Strong Jaw-boosted Fire Fangs (in Durant's case.) If anything, Ratinaw would give Zangoose competition as a Toxic Boost cleaner, as it also has access to Swords Dance, Quick Attack, and other priority in Sucker Punch, while being faster and slightly weaker but lacking Close Combat and Knock Off coverage. Hustle is probably its least viable option, as Guts hits just as hard with no accuracy loss with the cost of taking residual damage. Guts also eclipses Strong Jaw overall because it has the same 50% boost to power but without only affecting Jaw-based attacks. However, a Strong Jaw-boosted Poison Fang has merit because if its cool 50% chance to inflict Toxic poison off a respectable 75 base power. Oddly, Hyper Fang isn't affected by Strong Jaw. (RIP 120 base power STAB with no drawbacks.)

The new Normal/Poison typing grants neutrality to Fighting, but Ratinaw isn't going to want to take Sawk's Close Combat regardless. Now it must be wary of Psychic and Ground. The problem with Psychic checks is it outspeeds nearly all the relevant ones and can threaten with Sucker Punch for the ones it doesn't. Rhydon shrugs it off the first few times but Facade will wear it down eventually. Intimidate Mawile is a pretty good check in NU, fearing only Fire Fang. Possible set:

Ratinaw @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect / Swords Dance
- Facade
- Poison Jab / Quick Attack
- Sucker Punch / Fire Fang

• Hearow: Normal/Flying, 70 / 105 / 80 / 66 / 66 / 125, Abilities: Reckless / Sniper, New Moves: Brave Bird, Double Edge, Submission
Hearow presents an interesting case. Its Speed got a major overhaul, putting it ahead of other birds such as Staraptor, another Reckless abuser, and tying it with Swellow. Reckless actually gives it the solid niche it was looking for and the additions of Brave Bird, Double Edge, and Submission are the icing on the cake. (Well, without them the ability would have been useless.) With Reckless and that 125 Speed it's a fearsome nuke, blowing up weaker targets and punching holes in walls but also blowing itself up in the process. Submission is traditionally a crappy move but Hearow needs the Fighting coverage. If only it hit more often than 80% of the time. Drill Run is perfect as a fourth move, granting a lot of coverage as Ground and Flying go really well together. Over Submission or Drill Run it can also run U-turn to switch against something along the lines of Bronzong or Mega Aerodactyl. Possible set:

Hearow @ Choice Band / Sharp Beak / Silk Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double Edge
- Brave Bird
- Drill Run / U-turn
- Submission / U-turn

• Starus: Water/Psychic, 60 / 75 / 90 / 140 / 90 / 95, Abilities: Illuminate / Natural Cure / Analytic
I really like Starus because of what it does to Starmie, which is grant access to Evioilte. In fact, I think Eviolite Starmie is more viable than Starus itself and will fulfill the role of Spinner much better. 60/85/85 with Eviolite is solid, plus it's got that cool 115 Speed and a usable 100 Special Attack. Starus looks really dangerous with Analytic and 140 Special Attack and Psyshock will make even Chansey a little nervous about switching in. (Modest Choice Specs 2HKOs without hazards!) The drop in Speed--while somewhat necessary for Analytic--means Starus is much more vulnerable, however, particularly to faster Knock Offs or Pursuits. Possible sets:

Starmie @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe or something more defensive
Timid Nature (or +Def/+SpD)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Psyshock / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Reflect Type

Starus @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam / Scald
- Thunderbolt / Scald

• Drugon: Dragon, 57 / 85 / 60 / 40 / 60 / 18, Abilities: Shed Skin / Sheer Force / Mold Breaker, New Moves: Head Smash, Removed: Superpower, Outrage, Gunk Shot, Heat Wave, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Giga Impact, Surf, Strength
I don't play LC so I may be way off but I have a feeling Drugon would be a versatile attacker and hazard setter all in one. While Mold Breaker ensures rocks can be set, I don't think Natu is prevalent enough to really need it, so I'd stick with Sheer Force. 85 Attack is pretty strong for LC standards and it has good bulk with an Eviolite, though it may want the power of a Life Orb to get its coverage moves hitting as hard as possible. If only it had a better STAB option than Dragon Claw. Possible set:

Drugon @ Eviolite
EVs: no frickin' clue sorry
Probably Adamant Nature?
- Stealth Rock / Glare
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head / Iron Tail
- Sucker Punch / Fire Punch

EV

Banned deucer.
Here's the new slate!

[Baby] Starflake

Typing:
Ability: [[Levitate]]
Hidden Ability:
N/A
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 310)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

[Stage 1] Lunatone / Solrock
[Stage 2] Lunarune / Solstone (2 separate templates)

Typing:
Ability:
Hidden Ability: 1 (optional)
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 535)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

~
[Baby] Chiplug

Typing:
Ability:
Hidden Ability: 1
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 300)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

[Stage 1] Pachirisu / Emolga
[Stage 2] Risuchu / Volmolga (2 separate templates)

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 515)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

~
[Stage 1] Cubone
[Stage 2] Marowak
[Stage 3] Numskul

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 520)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

~
[Stage 1] Combee
[Stage 2] Vespiquen (female only) / Dronestrik (male only)

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 474)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

[Stage 3] Hivetriarch (female only) / Waspassin (male only) (2 separate templates)

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 544)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

[Stage 2] Dronestrik (male only)

Typing:

Ability:
Swarm
Hidden Ability: Infiltrator
Stats: 70 | 102 | 80 | 102 | 80 | 40 (BST cannot exceed 474)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight: 3'6" / 79 lbs
Design/Desc.: Slim and sleek, with a drone-esque appearance.

It's a drone.

[Stage 3] Hivetriarch (female only)
Typing:

Ability:
Regenerator
Hidden Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 100 | 80 | 122 | 80 | 122 | 40 (BST cannot exceed 544)
New Moves:
Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Calm Mind
Method of Evolution: Level up while knowing Moonblast
Height / Weight: 4'11 / 109 lbs
Design/Desc.: Imagine Vespiquen, but larger, and with a more "regal" appearance. Her wings are larger and pink, and her "crown" is now spikey, with two more "gems" in the middle.
The Fairy-type is associated with "feminine" Pokemon.

[Stage 3] Waspassin (male only)

Typing:

Ability:
Infiltrator
Hidden Ability: Defiant (some are known to go rogue and leave the hive)
Stats: 70 | 122 | 80 | 102 | 80 | 90 (BST cannot exceed 544)
New Moves:
Night Slash, Hone Claws, Swords Dance
Method of Evolution: Level up while knowing Night Slash
Height / Weight: 3'7 / 69 lbs
Design/Desc.: Black and yellow, similar to a bumblebee. Has an assassin-esque appearance.
The "assin" part of the name brought to mind an assassin.

[Baby] Starflake

Typing:

Ability:
Levitate
Hidden Ability: None
Stats: 30 | 55 | 50 | 55 | 50 | 50 (290)
New Moves:
None
Method of Evolution: Use a Moon Stone to evolve into Lunatone, or a Sun Stone to evolve into Solrock.
Height / Weight: .6 m / 84 kg
Design/Desc.: Starflake looks like a tiny little asteroid. It's a dusty gray, but with an orangish tint. Upon evolution, it will either morph to fit the night or the light, as to which is up to its trainer. Starflake prefer living in mountains, with the light reflecting upon their outer shell. They use their levitation powers to get around. Starflake have not yet mastered their Psychic capability.
Starflake is not a Psychic-type because it has not yet mastered the abilities of a Psychic-type, although the little fella is still trying! The only skill he had been able to acquire is Levitation, hence Levitate. Its stat spread is just a flat number since it can go either way, depending on his evolutionary path. Making one higher than other seems odd, so I kept it flat. He remains not so terribly fast, but not so terribly slow. No new moves are added, and no new moves are removed. I don't find it necessary on this one. Moon Stone reacts and bonds with Starflake's body and turns it into the Moon shape, will the Sun Stone brings out the true power of the Sun and causes Solrock to morph out of it. It's a tiny little thing, hence only .6 m, but it does weigh a bit since it's a lunar asteroid made out of rock!

[Stage 1] Lunatone / Solrock

[Stage 2] Lunarune / Solstone (2 separate templates)

Lunarune
Typing:

Ability:
Levitate
Hidden Ability: Magic Guard
Stats: 85 | 65 | 75 | 115 | 105 | 90 (535)
New Moves:
+Thunderbolt, +Blizzard, +Ice Shard
Method of Evolution: Level up Lunatone with an Ice-type Pokemon in the last slot.
Height / Weight: 4.6 m / 418 kg
Design/Desc.: Lunarune takes a chilling turn in the form of becoming a comet, made of ice and rock instead of pure rock. It takes a light, crystal, blue appearance, alongside deep red eyes and icicles surrounding its body. With its enhanced intellect, it is able to guard itself from field effects and assume an almost impeccable form.
Lunarune takes on another astrological being, a comet, as its new form. Its stat spread is similar to its pre-evolution Lunatone's and focuses mainly on being a powerful Special Attacker. With a lean 115 Special Attack and a powerful STAB combination, it affects the metagame in a positive way by boosting offensive prowess. While Ice is a bad type defensively, Magic Guard makes up for it due to Lunatone's natural mind wiring allows it to telepathically avoid the opponent's status attacks. It is able to evolve and gain the powers of the comets by harnessing the power of a teammate.

Solstone
Typing:

Ability:
Levitate
Hidden Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats: 85 | 115 | 90 | 75 | 65 | 105 (535)
New Moves:
+Fire Blast, +Flame Wheel
Method of Evolution: Level up Solrock with a Fire-type Pokemon in the last slot.
Height / Weight: 4.9 m / 402 kg
Design/Desc.: Solstone ignites its true power in this form. With a bright orange appearance, akin to its pre-evolution's shiny form, it can be quite difficult to look at without wearing shades! While Solstone is admittedly not as intelligent as Lunarune, it still is able to put up a magical shield to reflect opponent's attacks in certain situations.
Solstone takes after our very own Sun, hence the Fire typing. Without its Rock anymore, Solstone becomes much more heated and often angry. It's not possible to touch Solstone. Solstone has an orange body and blue eyes, since it has taken the opposite of Lunarune. Magic Bounce is given to it to somewhat mitigate its glaring Stealth Rock weakness, but mainly to separate it from Lunarune. One notable thing you'll find is that Solstone is that in the transition to a heated being, it also became more agitated and improved its strength overall. With a faster Speed than Lunarune, it comes with lowered defenses as well.

Reactions: EV
[Stage 3] Numskul
Typing:

Ability: Rock Head / Solid Rock (replaces Lightning Rod)

Hidden Ability: Battke Armor
Stats: 80 | 100 | 130 | 50 | 100 | 60 (BST cannot exceed 520)
New Moves:
Superpower, Dual Chop
Method of Evolution: Trade while holding Rare Bone

Height / Weight: 4'1" / 80kg
Design/Desc.: It's taller, and wearing a ribcage around its chest as armor. It also now wields two bones as opposed to just one.

canno

formerly The Reptile
[Baby] Chiplug

Typing:

Ability:
Run Away
Hidden Ability: Static
Stats: 50 | 35 | 45 | 35 | 50 | 65 [BST 280]
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Acrobatics
Removed Moves: Anything that both Emolga and Pachurisu do not share
Method of Evolution: Happiness. If Chiplug knows Acrobatics it will evolve into an Emolga - otherwise, it evolves into Pachurisu
Height / Weight: 0'10.3" / 4.9 lb
Design/Desc.: It's now a small white rodent with a small squirrel-like tail. It doesn't have any notable features on it, except for its yellow pikachu-esque cheek. Imagine Dedenne, only without a tail, pure white, and smaller ears and that is what Chiplug looks like
Nasty Plot might seem strange at first, but it is important to know that Pichu also does the same thing - that is, grant Nasty Plot to its line. There really isn't much to talk about here - Run Away fits the best since not only does Pachurisu have it but it's also an ability that is known for changing (so Run Away --> Static isn't a stretch when evolving into Emolga). Static was chosen as the HA because I think it would of been weird to pick either Motor Drive or Volt Absorb, as it would change for one of the lines. Plus, this means that Chiplug has an ability from both Pachu and Emolga

[Stage 2] Risuchu

Typing:

Ability:
Fur Coat / Pickup
Hidden Ability: Volt Absorb
Stats: 75 | 70 | 80 | 70 | 105 | 115 [BST 515]
New Moves: Slack Off, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam
Method of Evolution: Using a Thunder Stone
Height / Weight: 1'6.4" / 12.3 lb
Design/Desc.: Its tail is much larger and puffier now, which it is always wrapped up in. The blue fur has also spread more across its body, and it now has a small blue circle on its stomach. It's tooth is a bit larger than it use to be, and it has a dopey "sleepy" look to it - it uses its big fluffy tail as a pillow. It's white fur is also now a more sky blue color - still white-ish, but now with a bit of blue
Basically, Pachurisu's whole thing was that it was a bulkmon. The idea of giving it Fur Coar came when I realized that I'd have to give Voltmolga a new ability - it made sense to me that both of them would get a new ability, plus Run Away has precedence of turning into something else. Slack Off fits the new design idea of it being a sleepy head, and fits very well competitively.

[Stage 2] Voltmolga

Typing:

Ability:
Static / Unburden
Hidden Ability: Motor Drive
Stats: 65 | 90 | 70 | 90 | 70 | 127 [BST 512]
New Moves: Hurricane, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam
Method of Evolution: Using a Thunder Stone
Height / Weight: 1'6.7" / 13.6 lb
Design/Desc.: Its "wings" are now much bigger, and look more like a cape now. Its tail becomes bigger, but is more sleek now - almost looking more aerodynamic. Its ears are also a bit larger but are now slicked back. It now has a more determined look on its face. It also gains a pattern on its stomach - it is that of a black triangle.
Voltmolga gains Unburden as its new ability, which fits the idea of a flying squirrel. Its new found access to Hurricane is there to not only mimic Rishuchu's access to Slack Off but also demonstrates Emolgas mastery of air. It's insane speed is there because Emolga's only good stat has always been speed, so it makes sense for this to transfer over to its evolution, although it does have semi-usable SpA and Attack this time around. Voltmolga may or may not work well in OU, but it does have some interesting things going for it (Nasty Plot and Motor Drive are cool, plus its speed is really nice - outspeed Talonflame by 1 point).

Oh god, split evos everywhere. RIP keyboard.

[Stage 3] Numskul
Typing:
Ground/Fighting
Ability: Skill Link/Lightning Rod
Hidden Ability: Battle Armor
Stats: 80/100/130/60/85/60 (BST 515)
New Moves: Superpower, Night Slash, Ice Punch
(Numskul only) Arm Thrust, Hammer Arm, Taunt, Final Gambit, Drain Punch
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ Bone Rush (level learned is swapped w/ Thrash)
Height / Weight: 1.7 m / 86.8 kg
Design / Desc.: The body becomes slightly more sleek, as it gains bone-made shoulder pads and two long bones to wield instead of a single short one.
Note: Thick Skull works with Numskul as well.
The Pokedex entries of Marowak notes that they can use their bones as weapons skillfully. So yeah, this is the logical next step. Skill Link was just explained right there, as well as the addition of Fighting-type. The stats are spreaded out to minimize min-maxing, but honestly Marowak’s stats was like that from the very start. The new moves are a bunch of STAB, Night Slash (which Marowak should be able to do with its bone clubs) and Ice Punch - Why Marowak can learn all those special Ice-type moves but not the last of the elemental punches baffles me.

[Baby] Starflake
Typing:
Rock/Psychic
Ability: Levitate
Hidden Ability: Levitate
Stats: 40/45/55/45/55/60 (BST 300)
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon
(Loses access to) Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Flame Charge, Incinerate, Overheat, Will-O-Wisp, Icy Wind, Heat Wave, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Solar Beam, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Moonblast, Fire Spin, Hypnosis, Future Sight, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Surf
Method of Evolution: Level 25
(Lunatone) At night
(Solrock) In day
Height / Weight: 0.6 m / 44.5 kg
Design / Desc.: A light brown sphere with spiky protrusions from its sides, as well as a single glowing red eye in the middle.
Man, that’s a lot of removed moves. This is done to make sure Starflake doesn’t learn any moves that only one side of the evolution can get. The stats are made so in order to fit under Lunatone and Solrock’s base stats; Its Speed is the highest due to it being such a small star. Dazzling Gleam and Flash Cannon… are pretty much just moves Lunatone and Solrock should’ve gotten long ago. Having it evolve at lvl 25 allows it to learn Cosmic Power right before evolving, which fits the flavor.

[Stage 2] Lunarune
Typing:
Rock/Psychic
Ability: Magic Guard
Stats: 85/70/80/105/125/70 (BST 535)
New Moves: Moonlight, Dazzling Gleam, Surf, Flash Cannon
(Lunarune only) Aurora Beam, Draining Kiss, Misty Terrain, Muddy Water
Method of Evolution: Level up at night w/ Moonlight
Height / Weight: 1.7 m / 238.0 kg
Design / Desc.: Plates in the shape of the lunar phases stack from the middle out, with the full moon-shaped plate in the middle and the waxing/waning crescents on the outside. Indiscernible runes are inscribed on it.
Not even going to change the typing because, uh, it’s a meteorite, not the real Moon. The ability changes to Magic Guard to fit with its name (runes = magic, duh), but if you want to keep Levitate for whatever reason, go for the HA. The stats makes it a more defensive counterpart to Solstone, and the new moves it gains are all either Fairy-type (which is somewhat related to the Moon), space-related (Aurora Beam) or references how Moon causes tides (Surf, Muddy Water).

[Stage 2] Solstone
Typing:
Rock/Psychic
Ability: Flash Fire
Stats: 80/120/95/95/75/70 (BST 535)
New Moves: Morning Sun, Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon
(Solstone only) Flare Blitz, Flame Burst, Mystical Fire, Flame Wheel
Method of Evolution: Level up in day w/ Morning Sun
Height / Weight: 1.9 m / 274.0 kg
Design / Desc.: A giant orange sphere with rock arches on it, as well as twelve stone pillars forming into a circle, with a single pillar that acts like a tail in the middle, making the whole thing resemble a sundial.
Like Lunarune, it doesn’t change typing, but its ability is changed to Flash Fire to reference its similarity to the Sun. The stats follow Solrock being a physical attacker, though its SpA is boosted too because god look at all those Special moves. All of the new moves it gets are Fire-type moves, because honestly, what other type fits the Sun?

[Stage 2] Dronestrik (male only)
Typing: Bug/Flying
Ability: Honey Gather
Hidden Ability: Hustle
Stats: 50/105/62/105/62/90 (BST 474)
New Moves: Same as Vespiquen unless noted below:
(Gains access to) Megahorn, Poison Jab, Brick Break, Night Slash, Sky Drop, Snarl, Quick Attack, Feint, Agility, Swords Dance
(Loses access to) Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order, Power Gem, Quash, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact
(Combee) Odor Sleuth, Tri-Attack
Method of Evolution: Level 31
Height / Weight: 0.8 m / 19.2 kg
Design / Desc.: A cross between a wasp and honey bee, possessing the fur coat and a hexagonal torso armor; the two arms are armed with hexagon honeycomb gauntlets, with stingers protruding in the front.
As a counterpart of Vespiquen, Dronestrik has mostly the same learnset aside form a few crucial changes, including the removal of Order moves and adding more physical moves. The abilities came straight from Combee, and the stat spread is similar to Vespiquen’s, only inverted with a few changes.

Typing: Bug
Ability: Pressure
Hidden Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 85/90/132/90/117/30 (BST 544)
New Moves: Feint, Acid Spray
(Hivetriarch only) Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Calm Mind, Autotomize, Seed Bomb, Sludge Wave, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Zen Headbutt
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ Attack Order, Defend Order and Heal Order
Height / Weight: 1.6 m / 60.1 kg
Design / Desc.: The honeycomb extends up to its shoulders, chest and even the back as armors, and the wings devolve into a cape; the gem on its forehead extends to the back of the head, forming a tiara.
With how it can’t fly anymore removing the Flying-type seems pretty reasonable. While its Speed is now truly crap, its bulk is exceptional; combined with Intimidate, it can make for a pretty useful wall. All of the added moves are either moves that fits the flavor of queen or befitting of its bulky armor.

[Stage 3] Waspassin (male only)
Typing: Bug/Flying
Ability: Pickpocket
Hidden Ability: Hustle
Stats: 55/125/67/110/67/120 (BST 544)
New Moves:
(Waspassin only) Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Superpower, Vacuum Wave, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ Hivetriarch in party
Height / Weight: 1.3 m / 33.4 kg
Design / Desc.: The honeycomb gauntlets on its arms now comes in three, surrounding the stinger which becomes thinner like a blade; The wings becomes longer and sleeker, and the fur on its chest extends onto the wings.
A straight upgrade over Dronestrik, I can’t think of much reason to change the Flying-type, so even though it’s pretty crap I kept the typing. The stat spread focuses mostly on going fast, though it also has great offensive presence. The moves are mostly just moves that I couldn’t put on Dronestrik but would fit flavor on Waspassin.

[Baby] Chiplug
Typing:
Electric
Ability: Run Away/Pickup (reminder that Pachirisu has 2 abilities, so its prevo must have 2 as well.)
Hidden Ability: Static
Stats: 25/35/30/35/30/70 (BST 225)
New Moves:
(Loses access to) Acrobatics, Bide, Endure, Sweet Kiss, Taunt, Roost, Aerial Ace, Echoed Voice, Gunk Shot, Signal Beam, Uproar, Tailwind, Pursuit
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ high friendship
(Emolga) Holding Coba Berry
Height / Weight: 0.3 m / 3.1 kg
Design / Desc.: A basic cartoonish yellow squirrel with white face and yellow cheeks, as well as a stubby tail.
That was a lot of removed moves. Anyways, Chiplug’s stats are all lower than both Pachirisu and Emolga, with its Speed being the highest because both of the mons has Speed as their highest stat. The level up method is the same as Azurill and Pichu, both of which are baby mons of the regional electric rodents. I did use Coba Berry as a way to differentiate Emolga’s evolution though.

[Stage 2] Risuchu
Typing:
Electric
Ability: Unburden/Cheek Pouch
Stats: 70/55/85/65/110/115 (BST 500)
New Moves: Hyper Beam, Giga Impact
(Shared with Emolga) Wild Charge, Knock Off, Thunder Shock, Encore, Agility, Knock Off, Air Slash, Astonish, Baton Pass, Tickle
Method of Evolution: Level 30
Height / Weight: 0.8 m / 32.5 kg
Design / Desc.: Its body becomes larger and bulkier, with a body shape more akin to regular squirrels; The spikes that are on its tail appears on its arms and back as well.
God, all these added moves. That’s what happens when you put two mons with even just a bit of different learnset together. All these moves either make just as much sense on Pachirisu (and Risuchu), or are Egg Moves of Emolga. The stats are geared towards making Risuchu a bulky supporter, although this comes at the cost of its (lack of) offensive power. Unburden and Cheek Pouch are direct upgrades of Run Away/Pickup when taking flavor into account, and Volt Absorb is pretty good considering that Risuchu lacks recovery.

[Stage 2] Volmolga
Typing:
Electric/Flying
Ability: Static
Stats: 65/85/75/95/65/128 (BST 513)
New Moves: Hyper Beam, Giga Impact
(Shared with Pachirisu) Growl, Swift, Super Fang, Hyper Fang, Dig, Grass Knot, Magnet Rise, Seed Bomb, Thunder Punch, Bestow, Bite, Defense Curl, Fake Tears, Flail, Flatter, Follow Me, Rollout
Method of Evolution: Level 30
Height / Weight: 0.8 m / 27.5 kg
Design / Desc.: Its body becomes lengthened, as its flaps turns into a shape that looks more like wings with zigzag edge, and the jagged tail is rotated by 90 degrees and mirrored, forming a sort of back wings.
Like Risuchu, Volmolga gains a ridiculous amount of moves simply due to Pachirisu. The stat spread leans towards special sweeper, with a slightly higher buff in Def than SpD. The typings and abilities made sense so I didn’t touch them at all.

[Stage 3] Numskul
Typing:
Ground/Ghost
Ability: Solid Rock and Sap Sipper
Stats: 110 | 95 | 125 | 50 | 95 | 45
New Moves: Astonish, Shadow Claw, Shadow Punch, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Ball
Method of Evolution: Level up in a "Haunted" area (Lavender Tower, Mt. Pyre, etc)
Height / Weight: 3'03" / 66.1 lbs
Design/Desc.: Surrounded by a ghostly aura, with the skull now floating above the revealed head. The head has a shape similar both to the skull and to the head of Kangaskhan.
Remember that Marowak Ghost? The one in Lavender Town? Yeah... Sap Sipper is effectively a total upgrade over Lightningrod, because there is no reason for this thing to need that except in inverse battles. Rhyperior gives precedent for Rock Head being replaced by Solid Rock.

Typing: Bug/Rock
Ability: Pressure
Hidden Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 100 | 100 | 112 | 80 | 112 | 40
New Moves: Smack Down, Rock Slide, Power Gem, Stone Edge, Head Smash, Rock Blast, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock
Method of Evolution: Level up while holding Stone Hive (new item)
Height / Weight: 5'22" / 255.69 lbs
Design/Desc.: The hive is now full, as well as made of stone. The red crest on its head is now a large gem. The thin, almost breakable-looking part of its body is now covered by another red gem. It also loses the mandibles and its eyes become larger, but the wings now have vaguely mandible-shaped extensions, separated by a crystal functioning as a joint.

[Stage 2] Risuchu

Typing: Electric/Steel
Ability: Magician / Levitate
Stats: 120 | 75 | 80 | 45 | 100 | 95 (BST cannot exceed 515)
New Moves: Parabolic Charge, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up, Wish, Iron Head, Flash Cannon
Method of Evolution: Level up with Mega Raichu in the party
Height / Weight: 1'08 / 10.6 lbs
Design/Desc.: The colors blue and white switch. The white is now grey. The now-grey is now armor, and the spikes are now a chainsaw that runs along its whole body. The very large chainsaw makes it hard to breed with anything that doesn't resist Steel, but it makes it incredibly easy to saw nuts in half and eat them.
Pickup turns into Magician, which, flavor-wise, is still an item-stealing ability, while actually being a usable ability. Levitate replaces Run Away, but it's purely competitive. And Volt Absorb... is volt absorb.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
[Stage 3] Numskul

Typing:

Ability:
Rock Head / Lightingrod
Stats: 80 | 95 | 130 | 70 | 90 | 55 [BST 520]
New Moves: Head Smash, Rock Polish
Method of Evolution: Trade while holding a Thick Club
Height / Weight: 4'8.6" / 111.6 lb
Design/Desc.: It now wears more of a bone armor rather than just a bone helmet - a rib cage protects its chest and back while it has large bones over its knees. All of this is connected through smaller bones and a spinal cord that connects the new armor to the helmet, which now has more prominent horns on it and has green and red feathers around it. It now also has tribal paintings on its helmet, and its bone has 3 feathers tied to it now - 2 green and 1 red.
Note: I assume that Numskul gains the boost from Thick Club.
Numskul is now a much bulkier and stronger attacker - basically a better version of Marowak. Head Smash gives it access to very powerful coverage, while Rock Polish gives it a chance to attempt to sweep with higher speed. 95 attack might not seem like much, but remember that it can abuse Thick Club, which gives it insane strength (It has around the same power as 252+ Attack Groudon using Precipice Blade while holding an Earth Plate when using EQ). Meanwhile, it has great physical bulk and mediocre special bulk, allowing it to take hits. I kept all of its abilities and typing because these are the things that make the most sense tbh.

Last edited:
[Stage 1] Pachirisu / Emolga
[Stage 2] Risuchu

Typing:

Ability: Cheek Pouch/Pickup
Stats: 80 | 70 | 85 | 70 | 105 | 105 | 515
New Moves: Play Rough (lv. 55), Dazzling Gleam (TM), Draining Kiss (beginning), Giga Impact (TM), Wish (beginning), Heal Bell (Move Tutor), Baby-doll Eyes (beginning)
Method of Evolution: Same as Eevee>Sylveon
Height / Weight: 0.6 m / 4.5 kg
Design/Desc.:

Imagine it white and pink
The Dedenne than we all want :D It can work, just like how Pachirisu does, as a supporter in doubles and a Cleric or Annoyer in singles, thanks to its very good speed coupled with its 80/85/105 bulkiness and its new movepool. Its typing gives it 5 resistances (including flying-type) and one immunity, while having just 2 weaknesses to Ground and Poison. Overall a good improvement imho.
252 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuca Berry Risuchu: 160-190 (43.9 - 52.1%) -- 17.2% chance to 2HKO

~
[Stage 2] Volmolga

Typing:

Ability:
Static
Stats: 65 | 70 | 75 | 105 | 75 | 125 | 515
New Moves: Hurricane (lv. 60), Giga Impact (TM), Yawn (beginning)
Method of Evolution: If its level is raised by one during a Sky Battle.
Height / Weight: 0.6 m / 6.0 kg
Design/Desc.:

Same color palette as Emolga
A good status spreader that can even work as a Choice Specs sweeper thanks to its very nice Speed and good movepool. I can see it working very well under rain (I can see a Whishcash's evolution as a very good Drizzle user).

~

[Stage 1] Cubone
[Stage 2] Marowak
[Stage 3] Numskul

Typing:

Ability: Cursed Body / Lightning Rod
Hidden Ability: Illusion
Stats: 60 | 70 | 60 | 130 | 90 | 110 | 520
New Moves:
Shadow Ball (TM), Shadow Claw (TM), Dark Pulse (TM), Crunch (lv. 67), Sucker Punch (lv. 62), Shadow Sneak (beginning), Will-O-Wisp (TM), Curse (beginning)
Method of Evolution: If its friendship is at the lowest level possible and its level is raised by one at night.
Height / Weight: 1.3 m / 15.0 kg
Design/Desc.:

Skulls are white, the "smoke" is purple and the body is brown like Marowak's
All of its ghost-ness comes out. It wants to take its revenge on humans that mistreated it and its mother. So it becomes a sweeper (physical with Thick Club or special without its item) fast and brutal. It loses some HP and Defense because its body is less physical, but it gains Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed, typical of Ghost-type mons.

Last edited:
[Stage 2] Lunarune

Typing:

Ability:
Levitate
Hidden Ability: N/A
Stats: 90 | 55 | 85 | 115 | 110 | 80 (535)
New Moves:
Surf (moon, tides), Power Gem
Method of Evolution: Max happiness with a Moon Shard
Height / Weight: 5'1"
/ 420 lbs
Design/Desc.: Now resembles a full moon instead of a crescent moon, but it keeps the nose. Basically, think the moon from Majora's Mask except less creepy, beige, and with no mouth.
Fairy-types have an association with the moon, and the moon Pokemon should get STAB on Moonblast.

[Stage 2] Solstone

Typing:

Ability:
Levitate
Hidden Ability: 1 (optional)
Stats: 90 | 115 | 110 | 55 | 85 | 80 (535)
New Moves:
Flare Blitz, Flame Charge
Method of Evolution: Max Happiness with a Sun Shard
Height / Weight: 5'8
/ 390 lbs
Design/Desc.: Its eyes are now fully open, and its "spikes" are now on fire.
SOLrock, fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)