The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? He's probably not even going to make the team. If he does he's probably not going to see the field that much. Depth signing, camp body.
Well we don't exactly have a potent receiver to play alongside AJ Green and the Bengals owner and coach is garbage so I can't really be safe thinking he won't make the roster

He probably signed because of Hue Jackson, who drafted him and used him pretty well as far as I know. He never really stood out at all.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So how many weeks into the preseason will it take for him to get cut this time?
Tbh, I think he makes the team. Chip has been wanting to trade Barkley all offseason before he brought in Tebow, which implies that he prefers Tebow to Barkley right now. That makes Tebow the 3rd-best QB on the roster (Sanchez, Bradford) and Chip has always carried 3 QBs on his team. Unless he drafts a QB this year, Tebow could easily make the roster unless he's just a train wreck.

I question his effectiveness but I'd love to see him play well. The fact that Chip really signed Tebow means that Eagles fans are probably pissed off but I'd really fucking love to see this guy succeed.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
From what I read he's been working with Tom House, who was (is?) Tom Brady's personal QB coach, and has apparently improved his spiral and accuracy by a lot. Obviously how much he's actually improved remains to be seen, but there's no question he brings a leadership quality to a team that could probably use a more decisive personality at that position.

That or they wanted a fullback to compliment Spiller and Mathews

From what I read he's been working with Tom House, who was (is?) Tom Brady's personal QB coach, and has apparently improved his spiral and accuracy by a lot. Obviously how much he's actually improved remains to be seen, but there's no question he brings a leadership quality to a team that could probably use a more decisive personality at that position.

That or they wanted a fullback to compliment Spiller and Mathews
That sounds like good news but ,sadly, he'll just be a third string at best. He's not gonna overturn Sanchez as backup and there's no way in hell that Sam Bradford isn't starting(unless he tears his ACL again)

Happy to say that the Carolina Panthers will be playing on Thanksgiving Day for the first time in the franchise's history. n_n

Happy to say that the Carolina Panthers will be playing on Thanksgiving Day for the first time in the franchise's history. n_n
Only to lose. But ,in all seriousness, this is a good step forward for the organization because it's still a recent expansion.
Also, I saw the 2015 Colts schedule and holy shit it's an easy schedule. The only threats I see are the Patriots,Broncos, and Steelers. So Imma say we'll go 13-3

Last edited:
That 10 game suspension is ridiculous and it's only for good press. Hardy shouldn't have been suspended. MAYBE fined. And even then that's pushing it. Teams need to take a hard stance on crap like this.

Also, according to NFL.com OBJ is a "Souped-up Steve Smith-Antonio Brown hybrid with flashes of Michael Jordan". The hype is fucking real yo. When you have the best player at a position on your team, it really gets you excited for next season.

Last edited:

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hardy suspension is ridiculous. He was already suspended 16 games; just fine the shit out of him. If this gets appealed (if it isn't already) I don't think the suspension has a ghost of a chance of standing. Goodell is complete ass at player discipline.

some hero said:
When you have the best player at a position on your team, it really gets you excited for next season.
Couldn't agree more ;)

Also wasn't the incident before the nfl revised the domestic violence policy, back when the standard was 2 games/not giving a fuck? meaning Goodell would be applying his arbitrary bullshit retroactively

no, because Goodell still has the power to apply arbitrary bullshit to the commissioner's exempt list.

basically he either told or implied AP/Hardy that going on the exempt list would lower their suspensions while the arbitration process was being dragged out, while keeping them off the field/out of the media spotlight. in reality, both players could have played last season until their arbitration processes were finished - but once they went on the exempt list, they couldn't get off of it, and thus had to wait while the NFL intentionally twiddled its thumbs and waited until after the season to make these decisions.

on the plus side, no player will ever agree to going on the exempt list again, so Goodell will have to expedite the process if he wants the player to serve a real punishment as decided by the CBA.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm creating the new season thread as we speak, so please direct all future discussion there. We can start it with Captain Skywalker's suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)