The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was sort of hoping bestbrook was stepping his game up with that irrational talk of the Colts going 11-5. Alas, it is not easy being green absurdly confident.
To be fair, we all know more about our own teams than others do because we follow them more closely, so it tends to drive us farther into optimism or pessimism than the average fan. It's very hard to look at your own team objectively because they are your favorite, you want them to succeed badly. There is nothing wrong with this, and this is undoubtedly why bestbrook saw an 11-5 record as a possibility.

1) We're against the Rams...As bad as Scott Tolzien is, he can win that game and then Jacoby can start until Luck is ready but Luck should be ready for Week 2 to be honest.
2) I know we have Jaguars fans in here that will beat me up for saying this, but there's no way the Colts are worse than them. The Jags always have hype but they can't seem to ever produce anything resembling a productive football team because of their quarterback situation and bad offensive line and they think spending big in free agency helps. Colts, Texans, and Titans will fight for the division and the Jags will be lucky to have 6 wins unless I can be proven wrong for once regarding their offense.
quoting for posterity.

The giants sucking this year is predictable AF

Eli manning is the worst QB in his division by far and is barely even an NFL level starter at this point.

The man should be paying Odell 50% of his salary at this point because he'd be out of the league right now if not for him.

Also my man Carson Wentz is gonna tear it up this year, lotta advanced analytics nerds were down on him last season but its obvious hes legit.

Was there a good game yesterday? I found AZ-Detroit average, while Tennessee-Oakland was good till Tenessee gave up in the second half. Everything seemed to be blowouts or crappy offenses and shit. How was Steelers-Browns?

*Edit*

Oh, them penalty yards.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Eli manning is the worst QB in his division by far and is barely even an NFL level starter at this point.
Eli looked bad but he's not worse than the twins in philly and D.C. Who struggle to throw past 5 yards.

Eli looked bad but he's not worse than the twins in philly and D.C. Who struggle to throw past 5 yards.
Carson Wentz's touchdown pass on the games first drive yesterday was longer than every single one of Eli's first half pass attempts combined.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Carson Wentz's touchdown pass on the games first drive yesterday was longer than every single one of Eli's first half pass attempts combined.
And Alex Smith threw for 500 yards last thursday too, I'm sure we can conclude a lot of great things from him this season.

Also, that touchdown throw was 38 yards in the air and he threw it to the inside of the receiver towards a defender rather than leading him away despite the receiver being about 15 yards open in every direction. So good for him I'm glad he was able to find an open receiver and throw it in his general direction, and that the coverage was blown enough to not punish him. What a brilliant bouncing baby QB prodigy we have.

Also, that touchdown throw was 38 yards in the air and he threw it to the inside of the receiver towards a defender rather than leading him away despite the receiver being about 15 yards open in every direction. So good for him I'm glad he was able to find an open receiver and throw it in his general direction, and that the coverage was blown enough to not punish him. What a brilliant bouncing baby QB prodigy we have.
All this happened because he broke about 4 tackles and extended the play for 5 extra seconds

It was literally the best play of the day by a QB

1) We're against the Rams...As bad as Scott Tolzien is, he can win that game and then Jacoby can start until Luck is ready but Luck should be ready for Week 2 to be honest.
2) I know we have Jaguars fans in here that will beat me up for saying this, but there's no way the Colts are worse than them. The Jags always have hype but they can't seem to ever produce anything resembling a productive football team because of their quarterback situation and bad offensive line and they think spending big in free agency helps. Colts, Texans, and Titans will fight for the division and the Jags will be lucky to have 6 wins unless I can be proven wrong for once regarding their offense.
quoting for posterity.
I just need to cry in the corner and forget my birth ever happened. But at least, I can still celebrate the fact that my team has won a Super Bowl championship. In my lifetime no less. Which is more than the rest of the rest of the AFC South can say. But if we keep Chuck Pagano, this team is going nowhere, kinda like the Jags and Gus Bradley. Except the Colts had a GM problem too. It takes more than one offseason to clean up 4 years of Ryan Shitson but Ballard is good I swear. Pagano however was carried by Luck his first 3 years and is a shitty coach

Jesus, i just recently got serious and officially on the path to being a doctor, so really busy. Football only consumes a third of my year these days, it used to be my life when it was a breeze. I miss you all.

Anyway, Giants looked really good defensively and i think they have a legitimate shot at the division. The offense was awful sure, but they were without the best wide receiver, they were crippled from the start, against a team that just came off an incredibly dominant season at their home. Let's not underestimate the impact of Odell in a game, someone who draws so much attention, while at the same time actually winning games by himself is incredible. A single player will lift the offense middle of the pack, enough aid to a very scary defense into winning about 10-12 games. That's my prediction and i'm sticking to it until i can no longer, at which point i'll drop by and "eat crow".

Oh and it brings so much glee that the pats got blown the hell out last week. Not because it brings me joy to see them lose, but i can laugh at the idiots discussing a 19-0 season. Just pissed me off to no end.

Last edited:
I watched the Falcons/Bears game yesterday and was rooting for the bears to screw with my bro, and it ended up being a very fun game. The bears look like an actual team, almost nothing like the garbo of last year, and this is without any receivers. I doubt they do anything this year because of that, but the team has potential. The falcons are a mess to be honest. Their running game looks as bad as the giants, and they seem afraid to want to use Julio, they may be getting too full of themselves and forgetting the only reason their offense works. I'm sure they'll realize this later in the season and do what they should be doing, flingin the dang ball to Julio!!!

I love Eli Manning. He's not very talented with turning what he sees into plays, and in that regard he is very average, but the man is beast at playing qb. The way he handles the offense, deals with pressure is a trait we only see in very good qbs, probably because of his experience, which now makes up for his loss in physical ability. To be honest, if he had more help along the line, and these wide receivers he'd have a very good season. I predict something like 4000 23/14 but it shouldn't be seen as a negative, rather a master at the position doing the best he can. You say it was only 3 points, but it was just one game, and their offense will be fine(not great) but fine. I wouldn't want to have any other qb at this point tbh. And that's because no qb would do better, unless you get Aaron "im the best ever at what i do" Rodgers in there. Anyone else and the improvement wouldn't be dramatic.

y'all make it really easy to revel in your misery. :toast:
Which in turn makes it easier to gloat that one Super Bowl championship. See how that works? It goes full circle. It pisses off Jags, Texans, and Titans fans cause 1>0. (Even though the Colts technically have 2 but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) But nevertheless, Scott Tolzien throwing a football and the injury gods still make me want to kill myself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)