The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words can't describe how satisfied I am that the saints lost. Especially in that fashion. They deserve no less after the cheap shot Michael thomas put on their safety. Vikings defense still the best in the NFL.

correct call tho
disagree, you know the Jags don't have a ton of confidence in Bortles and are probably going to hand it off three plays in a row, regardless of how bad your defense is I feel like you have to trust them at more than a 10% chance that you're gonna get with recovering an expected onside kick

Words can't describe how satisfied I am that the saints lost. Especially in that fashion. They deserve no less after the cheap shot Michael thomas put on their safety. Vikings defense still the best in the NFL.
why did they wave this flag off? I wasn't watching with sound on at this point but regardless of if the Vikings defender had his hands on him he pretty clearly ran into the defender. debatable whether or not it was a targeted high hit on a defenseless player but Thomas pretty clearly intended to run into him

My guess is that it occurred within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, which is when you can jam players legally, but that "block" was still against a defenseless player as well as being to said players freaking neck. Fuckin stupid refs

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
They waved it off because neither of those players were looking at each other and the contact was largely incidental and not malicious.

Of all the calls that went the Saints way that game that was the least controversial one.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
disagree, you know the Jags don't have a ton of confidence in Bortles and are probably going to hand it off three plays in a row, regardless of how bad your defense is I feel like you have to trust them at more than a 10% chance that you're gonna get with recovering an expected onside kick
I had this same argument already with somebody else during the game; do you trust the steelers to stop the #1 rushing attack in the league and then force the offense to drive the length of the field with no timeouts and no 2 minute warning, or do you have a better shot at scoring if you attempt an onsides kick. Remember, we're not just talking about the best way to get the ball, we're talking about the best way to score.
stoolers only had 7 and looked like trash at the time WB posted this
my mistake WaterBomb

also shoutout to having 30 people most cheering for the vikings in one room at the end of that game. we all lost our minds; it was like a youtube reaction video

Wish the Jags weren't so likable so I can effectively hate on them this week.

I guess I can hate on Tom Coughlin and anyone that thinks he gives the Jags a big advantage and says that the Jags have "The blueprint for beating Brady" because they can get pressure with 4 and cover well (that's actually how you beat every single quarterback ever)

Games from 7-10 years ago don't matter folks.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I mean it's dumb but there are an unusual number of coincidences that surround the patriots. Doubt it's a conspiracy though.

Edit: in other news, Pittsburgh let Todd Haley go and promoted their qb coach to oc. This seems like it was a move to keep big Ben happy and motivated through the end of his career, since his bad relationship with Haley was well documented. I suspect we'll see Ben being much more involved in the offensive decision making and calling more of his own plays, like how Peyton manning was. Obviously roethlisberger is no manning, but he has shown great success running the no huddle in recent years so I have no reason to doubt him in an expanded role. I think, ultimately, the offense will put similar stats on paper to what they have been, but it'll look more varied to the eyes while watching the games. Overall I'm excited for next season and I'm still confident that Pittsburgh can get to the super bowl with this team.

Last edited:
Need an investigation into how Tom Brady's hand got amputated 3 days before the championship game

line for this game is tumbling now because some dude ran into him in practice jeez

Last edited:
it's nice having people comment every time i wear Jags gear out, most expressing sentiments close to "fuck tha Patriots" or "hope you crush them".

i will say, even the Pats fans mostly say shit like "hoping for a good game" or "good luck!" or whatever.

even though it's patronizing af, it's better than overt arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)