The In-Game Mono-Type Team Challenge

This makes me facepalm since he said his roommates are running grass and ice. The only thing I would recommend at this point would be Hippowdon for auto Sandstorm since it can only benefit you for the most part (once you get the national dex or whatever).
Due to the type disadvantage he's going to have a few Pokemon that get boned pretty hard in either match. While Gliscor gets destroyed by Ice moves it takes neutral damage from grass, iirc there is only one non-legend grass type that out-speeds Gliscor (Sceptile) and with SD and Fly-ing move he could do hard damage to the Grass Team.

Meanwhile Quagsire, with its near Swampert defenses is going to take fuck-all from ice type moves. Toss in a few Amnesias or Curses and team Ice is in trouble. Think outside the box before you start immediately hating please.

Hmm, sounds interesting. I'm gonna try a mono-fighting team on firered.

E: Actually I think I'll go for mono ground or mono-phychic

Oops.
This shouldn't count as a bump, although if it does I'm sorry.

I'm thinking of doing this with a Mono-Poison team, shouldn't be too hard.
Golbat/Crobat for Fly, Tentacruel for Surf, various others for other HMs.
Budew comes on early in the game, and Skorupi follows not long after so it should be all good.

I recently completed a water monotype of Sapphire. Swampert, Ludicolo, Pelipper, Sharpedo, Starmie, and Kyogre (but only so as to not waste a Rain Dance tm). It was pretty fun.

Not really feeling my Nuzlocke anymore, so I might try this. I guess I'll be playing Heart Gold, any suggestions regarding the type I should play with? Shouldn't be too easy, but not too hard either.

Edit: I think I'll attempt a mono-Flying run. Quite some Flying-Pokémon with some nice secondary types to go with. Or is another mono-type more fun to do?
Edit: Another idea for a kinda solo-run: Rocket only. Only allowed to use Pokémon that are used by Rocket Grunts and Executives ingame. Is that doable?

Easily, they actually have more variety than they're given credit for. Sure they have all the poison types, but they also have Drowzee, Sandshrew, etc. In HG/SS they even have some Dark types. It's as much surprising variety as nearly any single type can give.

Hmm, guess I'll start my new adventure as an undercover Rocket Grunt then. Now I still have to find a list with what Pokémon they actually use, that's probably somewhere on Bulbapedia.

Ratticate, Arbok, Sandslash, Crobat, Machamp, Muk, Hypno, Marowak, Weezing, Vileplume, Houndoom, Venomoth, Honchkrow. 13 evolution lines to work with ain't bad, and they're all available somewhat early. I think I'll aim for Machamp/Sandslash/Weezing/Houndoom/Vileplume/Hypno or something. Or would an actual mono-type run be more fun?

To me, a team Rocket run seems more fun (especially if you give them evil names and play the game with the mindset of a team Rocket member).

I thought about doing it, but I chose for a mono-Scyther run in HGSS, which was quite boring really.

Alright, I'll start my Rocket-only run today. I will be named NotRed, so they don't get suspicious, and I'll use my Pokésav to make a Houndour my starter instead of one of the regular starters.

To completely fulfill my role as a undercover Rocket, I will only use Rocket-Pokémon used by Grunts and Executives in HGSS, being the the evolution lines of Rattata, Ekans, Zubat, Oddish, Venonat, Grimer, Drowzee, Koffing, Murkrow, Houndour, Cubone, Machop and Sandshrew. I won't be using the Pokémon Giovanni uses in a special event.

Im doing a Water-only run on Pearl. My team is a lv 19 Prinplup and a lv 18 Psyduck, with a lv 3 bidoof as an HM Slave. any suggestions?

Im doing a Water-only run on Pearl. My team is a lv 19 Prinplup and a lv 18 Psyduck, with a lv 3 bidoof as an HM Slave. any suggestions?
Be hardcore. Use Finneon.

also grind like a mad motherfucker before the grass gym leader

Trying a mono ghost for my diamond. Pokes so far are sableye , haunter (yes I deny myself gengar), spritomb, drifblim, and rotom, idk what to do for the last poke. Any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)