The Next Best Thing [Current Subject: Tapu Bulu]

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
fire fist ace's firium set is really the best one of the sets suggested (apart from mine obviously and also scarf which wasn't posted) so gonna have to vote that.

Oof indeed. I'll try and stay on top of things in the future.

Congratulations to Fire Fist Ace for winning this week's Next Best Thing! Your submission will be logged in the Archive!
This week we're taking a look at the classic Kalos starter: Greninja! Thanks to it's great ability, Protean, and fantastic speed tier Greninja functions as an excellent revenge killer and all-around solid mon. So, with all that in mind, what is The Next Best Thing (TM) for Greninja?

You have until Friday (1/12) at 9:00 p.m. EST (GMT-5) to post your submissions. Best of luck to everyone!

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to BSS, so forgive me for posting this crap set, but I figured it was worth a shot. This set takes direct inspiration from Can't says' DT Blaziken, and I have yet to try it so someone else tell me if it sucks or not.

Greninja @ Aguav Berry
Nature: Jolly/Timid
EVs 252Atk (or SpA) /4SpD/252Spe
Swagger
Substitute
Waterfall/Rock Slide/Dark Pulse
Power-Up Punch/Ice Beam

Pair this with a paralysis lead (Eject button klefki, Glare Serperior, Twave Thundurus)
Idea is to hit a swagger against passive mons that cannot OHKO greninja, or keep substituting while fishing for a para, swagger, profit. Move #3 is for adding a flinch element to para/confusion, move #4 Power-up punch keeps you from getting walled, Ice Beam is for coverage on SpA variant.

Just messing around with this idea, let me know if you like it or have ways to improve it.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

greg ninja (Greninja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Work Up
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire / Gunk Shot / Low Kick

I was gonna do a Z Happy Hour set but I've never been able to make that work anyway lol. Idea is that +1 Torrent Shuriken can OHKO Mega Blaziken.

+1 252 SpA Torrent Greninja Water Shuriken (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blaziken: 180-216 (116.1 - 139.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader

Greninja @ Grassium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken / Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Dark Pulse

Greninja is unique in that basically two of its moveslots can be customized to fit your team needs. For this set, those moveslots are the water move slot and the final slot for either HP Fire to hit Ferrothorn / Dark Pulse to hit Metagross. Personally, I think Dark Pulse > HP Fire because of Meta's increased popularity. Anyways, Ice Beam is the essential move to nail stuff like Naganadel, Lando-T, Mence, etc. and Water Shuriken can be used to pick off weakened Mega Blaze despite its speed boosts.

What sets this set apart is the BLOOM DOOM option. Although this isn't a novel set by any means (7.2% usage), it's still uncommon enough to catch opponents off guard and enable you to blow through bulky waters such as Fini, M-Gyara, and Suicune that can otherwise wall Greninja.

Relevant Calcs:
252 SpA Protean Greninja Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Tapu Fini: 180-212 (101.6 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Protean Greninja Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 186-222 (109.4 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Protean Greninja Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 206-246 (99.5 - 118.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

250px-658Greninja.png

Greee (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Level: 50
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken
- Low Kick

This is the ultimate greninja for angering your opponents with random coverage and moves. Ice beam is the standard move to thwack all the ice weak mons in bss, while hitting most mons fairly hard. Water Shuriken is priority that can hit weakened targets hard. Low kick is also a neat move to piss people off because it hits a plethora of targets that gren isn't able to hit often.
Finally we have the main move: HP ground. This is a neat move giving gren the abillity to hit heatransuper hard, and round off it's coverage very nicely, letting gren bait in a large variety of mons that don't like taking ground attacks, while also annoying people with an electric immunity. This set is very neat because it's a very reliable way to bulldoze through BuluTran cores.

Hp Ground Calcs: (I ommitted the investment and gren)
Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 143-172 (97.9 - 117.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Hidden Power Ground vs. 212 HP / 44 SpD Heatran: 208-250 (107.7 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blaziken: 133-159 (85.8 - 102.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard X: 133-156 (86.9 - 101.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 120-143 (76.4 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Submissions are now closed! There are to be no edits of your own Pokemon, nor are there to be any new submissions. A few quick things to note;
  • Voting will close on 1/15 at 9:00pm EST (GMT-5), where the next subject will also be announced
  • You can't vote for your own submission
  • You can only change your vote once, so think carefully before doing so
  • You can vote even if you haven't made a submission. It is expected that you vote if you did submit yourself, but not compulsory
Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to BSS, so forgive me for posting this crap set, but I figured it was worth a shot. This set takes direct inspiration from Can't says' DT Blaziken, and I have yet to try it so someone else tell me if it sucks or not.

Greninja @ Aguav Berry
Nature: Jolly/Timid
EVs 252Atk (or SpA) /4SpD/252Spe
Swagger
Substitute
Waterfall/Rock Slide/Dark Pulse
Power-Up Punch/Ice Beam

Pair this with a paralysis lead (Eject button klefki, Glare Serperior, Twave Thundurus)
Idea is to hit a swagger against passive mons that cannot OHKO greninja, or keep substituting while fishing for a para, swagger, profit. Move #3 is for adding a flinch element to para/confusion, move #4 Power-up punch keeps you from getting walled, Ice Beam is for coverage on SpA variant.

Just messing around with this idea, let me know if you like it or have ways to improve it.

greg ninja (Greninja) @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Work Up
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire / Gunk Shot / Low Kick

I was gonna do a Z Happy Hour set but I've never been able to make that work anyway lol. Idea is that +1 Torrent Shuriken can OHKO Mega Blaziken.

+1 252 SpA Torrent Greninja Water Shuriken (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blaziken: 180-216 (116.1 - 139.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Water Shuriken
- Substitute
- Filler

This is something I saw some japs use. Basically, sub on anything slower until you're in Torrent range and fire off a huge hit with Z-Hydro Cannon.

Greninja @ Grassium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken / Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Dark Pulse

Greninja is unique in that basically two of its moveslots can be customized to fit your team needs. For this set, those moveslots are the water move slot and the final slot for either HP Fire to hit Ferrothorn / Dark Pulse to hit Metagross. Personally, I think Dark Pulse > HP Fire because of Meta's increased popularity. Anyways, Ice Beam is the essential move to nail stuff like Naganadel, Lando-T, Mence, etc. and Water Shuriken can be used to pick off weakened Mega Blaze despite its speed boosts.

What sets this set apart is the BLOOM DOOM option. Although this isn't a novel set by any means (7.2% usage), it's still uncommon enough to catch opponents off guard and enable you to blow through bulky waters such as Fini, M-Gyara, and Suicune that can otherwise wall Greninja.

Relevant Calcs:
252 SpA Protean Greninja Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Tapu Fini: 180-212 (101.6 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Protean Greninja Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 186-222 (109.4 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Protean Greninja Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 206-246 (99.5 - 118.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Greee (Greninja) @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken
- Low Kick

This is the ultimate greninja for angering your opponents with random coverage and moves. Ice beam is the standard move to thwack all the ice weak mons in bss, while hitting most mons fairly hard. Water Shuriken is priority that can hit weakened targets hard. Low kick is also a neat move to piss people off because it hits a plethora of targets that gren isn't able to hit often.
Finally we have the main move: HP ground. This is a neat move giving gren the abillity to hit heatransuper hard, and round off it's coverage very nicely, letting gren bait in a large variety of mons that don't like taking ground attacks, while also annoying people with an electric immunity. This set is very neat because it's a very reliable way to bulldoze through BuluTran cores.

Hp Ground Calcs: (I ommitted the investment and gren)
Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 143-172 (97.9 - 117.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Hidden Power Ground vs. 212 HP / 44 SpD Heatran: 208-250 (107.7 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blaziken: 133-159 (85.8 - 102.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard X: 133-156 (86.9 - 101.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 120-143 (76.4 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

can't say's Work Up because Greninja already forces switches more often than anything else and is able to find setup opportunities. In best case scenario, opponents will have to deal with +1 Greninja that is sashed and it is quite painful. Water Shuriken / Ice Beam / Gunk Shot already threatens most of the metagame and with the boost from Work Up, I can see it will end up demolishing most common cores (maybe stuff like Porygon2 will be a hassle but walls need to rely on natural bulk to counter this).

Congratulations to cant say for winning this week's Next Best Thing! Your submission will be logged in the Archive!
This week's subject is the premier ground-type mon, stealing chomper's gen 6 title: Landorus-T! Landorus is one of the most widely used mons in the format thanks to it's ability to be able to run a multitude of different sets including Assault Vest, Rocky Helmet, Scarfed revenge killer, and rocks lead. So, with all that in mind, what is The Next Best Thing (TM) for Landorus-T?

You have until Friday (1/19) at 9:00 p.m. EST (GMT-5) to post your submissions. Best of luck to everyone!

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

Bird Land Doge (Landorus-Therian) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance
- Gravity

So this is probably one of my favorite sets to use because Its so much fun. It's so easy to predict a Celesteela, Skarmory, and Gliscor switches that it makes getting Gravity set that much more easier. That being said Earthquake 2HKOs both Celesteela and Skarmory while also threatening Pokemon like Mega Salamence and other Landorus-Therian. In order for Landorus-Therian to perform its best I've been speed creeping Max Max adamant Z-Snuggle Mimikyu so it can catch it off guard and break its disguise or just KO it. That's basically all that's needed to be said about this set other than it fears anything with Ice coverage like normal.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay

Landorus-T @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock / Focus Blast / Psychic / U-turn

Fully special / mixed is the next thing to happen guys I promise. HP Ice has been a thing in OU to win mirrors and I think it's super relevant here now, but the reason I'm nominating Poisonium Z is for Fini:

252+ SpA Landorus-T Acid Downpour (175 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 152-180 (86.3 - 102.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Sludge Wave + Earth Power also dunks on BuluTran, and Earth Power 2HKOes Pex which is sick for MencePex cores.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Landorus-T @ Rockium Z

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Threaten physical mon, get the boost that you want to beat your opponent, profit. Pretty standard set, not sure if its used in BSS but was popular for a bit in OU. If its already common I apologize, didn't see it on smogon sets.

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Landorus-T @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn / Explosion

what is all this z-move garbage

super fake out lure set for dismantling fat. specs earth power completely dismantles heatran and physdef pex (so all of them). specs sludge bomb can ohko av bulu and is nice n spammable for getting consistent chip off w/ poison proc. hp ice bops gliscor and all those other fantastic 4x ice weak mons yay. u-turn for initiative or explosion to take 50% off chansey. unfortunately walled by steela but only crush can break that thing so w/e. pair with magnezone for best results (y)

Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 150-176 (95.5 - 112.1%)
Earth Power vs. 212 HP / 44 SpD Shuca Berry Heatran: 182-216 (94.3 - 111.9%)
Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 90-108 (43.4 - 52.1%)
Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 184-220 (103.9 - 124.2%)
Sludge Bomb vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 108-128 (61.3 - 72.7%)
Hidden Power Ice vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 224-268 (125.1 - 149.7%)
Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 196-232 (97 - 114.8%)
Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 144-172 (73.4 - 87.7%)

Please forgive me for posting this crap set but I wanted to post something different.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Adrenaline Orb
EVs: 20 HP / 124 Atk / 4 Def / 204 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Substitute

Salamence and opposing Landorus-T's joy knows no bounds when I have Landorus-T out on the field. This is when Adrenaline Orb triggers, letting Landorus-T outspeed everything up to Mega Lopunny. Bulk up lets Landorus-Therian take on said threats and KO them with Earthquake.

Regarding EV spreads, here are calcs:

-1 0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. +1 20 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 33-40 (19.7 - 23.9%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 20 HP / 204 SpD Landorus-Therian: 34-41 (20.3 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (4 hits) vs. 20 HP / 204 SpD Landorus-Therian: 124-156 (74.2 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Don't really have a title for this so feel free to name this whatever the way you want, I suppose.

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Not going to post a super memey set because most of those have been taken, but like my Greninja entry, I want to call attention to one of Landog's lesser known/used sets.

Landorus-T @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Explosion

While most people think of Landorus-T as a physically defensive pivot with the ability to set rocks or as an Assault Vest user that can surprise Pokémon like Tapu Koko by surviving an HP Ice and KOing back with Earthquake, most players don't consider it as a dedicated lead.
However, Landorus-T is more than capable of providing its team members with the opening they need to set up and clean through an opposing squad.

Sash Landog guarantees the user at least one of the following: Stealth Rocks to break sashes, Rock Tomb speed drops to allow slower set-up sweepers to boost or punch through checks that rely on higher speed to beat them, and huge damage with Explosion. This set is normally paired with boosters like Porygon-Z, which appreciates sashes being broken and being able to get off a Z-Conversion before taking a hit.

Even if you opt not to pair this Landog variant with a set-up sweeper, it can still function as a reliable revenge killer to some of the most threatening sweepers in the game (as long as the sash is intact!) including Naganadel, both Charizards, and dropping Mence/Gyara speeds back to manageable levels.

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Landoge.png
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Iron Tail

Scarf Landorus may not be the most innovative set ever, but Iron Tail is a nice option if you truly hate Bulu/bulky Mimikyu

252+ Atk Landorus-T Iron Tail vs. 228 HP / 28 Def Mimikyu: 158-186 (99.3 - 116.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 120-142 (67.7 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Submissions are now closed! There are to be no edits of your own Pokemon, nor are there to be any new submissions. A few quick things to note;
  • Voting will close on 1/22 at 9:00pm EST (GMT-5), where the next subject will also be announced
  • You can't vote for your own submission
  • You can only change your vote once, so think carefully before doing so
  • You can vote even if you haven't made a submission. It is expected that you vote if you did submit yourself, but not compulsory

Bird Land Doge (Landorus-Therian) @ Groundium Z
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance
- Gravity

So this is probably one of my favorite sets to use because Its so much fun. It's so easy to predict a Celesteela, Skarmory, and Gliscor switches that it makes getting Gravity set that much more easier. That being said Earthquake 2HKOs both Celesteela and Skarmory while also threatening Pokemon like Mega Salamence and other Landorus-Therian. In order for Landorus-Therian to perform its best I've been speed creeping Max Max adamant Z-Snuggle Mimikyu so it can catch it off guard and break its disguise or just KO it. That's basically all that's needed to be said about this set other than it fears anything with Ice coverage like normal.

Landorus-T @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock / Focus Blast / Psychic / U-turn

Fully special / mixed is the next thing to happen guys I promise. HP Ice has been a thing in OU to win mirrors and I think it's super relevant here now, but the reason I'm nominating Poisonium Z is for Fini:

252+ SpA Landorus-T Acid Downpour (175 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 152-180 (86.3 - 102.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Sludge Wave + Earth Power also dunks on BuluTran, and Earth Power 2HKOes Pex which is sick for MencePex cores.

Landorus-T @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Threaten physical mon, get the boost that you want to beat your opponent, profit. Pretty standard set, not sure if its used in BSS but was popular for a bit in OU. If its already common I apologize, didn't see it on smogon sets.

Landorus-T @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn / Explosion

what is all this z-move garbage

super fake out lure set for dismantling fat. specs earth power completely dismantles heatran and physdef pex (so all of them). specs sludge bomb can ohko av bulu and is nice n spammable for getting consistent chip off w/ poison proc. hp ice bops gliscor and all those other fantastic 4x ice weak mons yay. u-turn for initiative or explosion to take 50% off chansey. unfortunately walled by steela but only crush can break that thing so w/e. pair with magnezone for best results (y)

Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 150-176 (95.5 - 112.1%)
Earth Power vs. 212 HP / 44 SpD Shuca Berry Heatran: 182-216 (94.3 - 111.9%)
Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 90-108 (43.4 - 52.1%)
Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 184-220 (103.9 - 124.2%)
Sludge Bomb vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 108-128 (61.3 - 72.7%)
Hidden Power Ice vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 224-268 (125.1 - 149.7%)
Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 196-232 (97 - 114.8%)
Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 144-172 (73.4 - 87.7%)
Please forgive me for posting this crap set but I wanted to post something different.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Adrenaline Orb
EVs: 20 HP / 124 Atk / 4 Def / 204 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Substitute

Salamence and opposing Landorus-T's joy knows no bounds when I have Landorus-T out on the field. This is when Adrenaline Orb triggers, letting Landorus-T outspeed everything up to Mega Lopunny. Bulk up lets Landorus-Therian take on said threats and KO them with Earthquake.

Regarding EV spreads, here are calcs:

-1 0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. +1 20 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 33-40 (19.7 - 23.9%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 20 HP / 204 SpD Landorus-Therian: 34-41 (20.3 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (4 hits) vs. 20 HP / 204 SpD Landorus-Therian: 124-156 (74.2 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Don't really have a title for this so feel free to name this whatever the way you want, I suppose.
Not going to post a super memey set because most of those have been taken, but like my Greninja entry, I want to call attention to one of Landog's lesser known/used sets.

Landorus-T @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Explosion

While most people think of Landorus-T as a physically defensive pivot with the ability to set rocks or as an Assault Vest user that can surprise Pokémon like Tapu Koko by surviving an HP Ice and KOing back with Earthquake, most players don't consider it as a dedicated lead.
However, Landorus-T is more than capable of providing its team members with the opening they need to set up and clean through an opposing squad.

Sash Landog guarantees the user at least one of the following: Stealth Rocks to break sashes, Rock Tomb speed drops to allow slower set-up sweepers to boost or punch through checks that rely on higher speed to beat them, and huge damage with Explosion. This set is normally paired with boosters like Porygon-Z, which appreciates sashes being broken and being able to get off a Z-Conversion before taking a hit.

Even if you opt not to pair this Landog variant with a set-up sweeper, it can still function as a reliable revenge killer to some of the most threatening sweepers in the game (as long as the sash is intact!) including Naganadel, both Charizards, and dropping Mence/Gyara speeds back to manageable levels.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Iron Tail

Scarf Landorus may not be the most innovative set ever, but Iron Tail is a nice option if you truly hate Bulu/bulky Mimikyu

252+ Atk Landorus-T Iron Tail vs. 228 HP / 28 Def Mimikyu: 158-186 (99.3 - 116.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 120-142 (67.7 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

chemcoop's Sash Explosion

This is very overlooked set one may find from Landorus-T. Even in OU tier, Landorus-T can get rocks up thanks to its general offensive presence and Explosion is excellent for doing heavy damage to neutral foes while maintaining momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)