Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Spd / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Parting Shot
- Spore / Dark Void
- Destiny Bond / Switcheroo

This is Disrupt and Attack, aka How to Fuck With the PU Ladder. Basically, lead with this and either A. Spore / Dark Void something and switch out or B. Selectively remove something with Final Gambit or Destiny Bond that wasn't expecting anything. For some perspective, 248 HP Final Gambit OHKOes standard Stoutland and does 91% to 252 HP Clefairy. Not a weak attack. If you've taken lots of damage, you can just Destiny Bond and watch as something dies. Just make sure you know your opponent will attack. You can also GTFO with Parting Shot, which can be neat since Smeargle can make people switch into setup sweepers. Also gives other mons a chance to set up on a -1/-1 foe.

Edit: After testing this squad iRebel made out of the set and beating RawMelon with it in a fun game, I can say that absolutely nobody expects Final Gambit. Also, Switcheroo is also a cool option for removing Eviolites and making a general mess of things.

Last edited:

The Singing Smeargle

Smeargle @ Grip Claw
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Infestation
- Protect
- Dark Void / Spore
- Perish Song

This set can do a decent job of trapping and removing pokemon, it works better against more passive teams that give smeargle a chance to catch them off guard. More often than not, when Smeargle is sent onto the field the opponent will switch into something like a grass type that can absorb the spore or a hazard remover predicting Stealth Rock or Sticky Web. This is when you can trap it with Infestation and proceed to click Perish Song and watch it faint, Dark Void/Spore allows Smeargle to take less damage by putting the opponent to sleep whilst the Perish turns are counting down. Grip Claw is there so that the opponent can't switch out on the last turn of Perish song if you opted to put them asleep before using Perish Song and finally the EV spread allows Smeargle to take a Leaf Blade from Yache Leafeon. This set is pretty situational but it's a lot of fun when it works.

Geo Smeargle

Smeargle @ Power Herb
Ability: Technician / Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Boomburst
- Filler 1
- Filler 2

Filler : Fire Blast / Earth Power / HP Fighting / Focus Blast / Giga Drain / Oblivion Wing, Whatever you want...

Sure... you can't pass Geo Boost but hey... you can still spam Boomburst on the expected setup sweeper or against the sub protected poké! At least until they bring a Priority user

See ya!

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Smeargle @ Focus Sash or Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- King's Shield / Mirror Coat
- Substitute
- Nuzzle / Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass

Smeargle gets killed by any attack, special or physical. This set has two options, using King's Shield to screw stuff like Mach Punch Monf, Leafeon, Stoutland, or Sash Mirror Coat to cheese stuff such as Lapras, Chatot, Grumpig etc. I personally like the King's Shield version because it comes into play more and gives you free turns in a lot of cases. Other stuff is relatively normal, Nuzzle for paras and SubPass.

this is actually a tie. i'd wait for more votes but it should be pretty obvious why that's not a good idea. your next mon is:

the world and everything in it is horrible L O L

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Energy Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Swords Dance Special Cacturne can surprise a lot of people. For example, if you reveal Swords Dance earlier in the game, they won't think twice about switching Mawile or Rapidash in on a powerful Dark Pulse. On the other hand, if you're able to fire off a max power Energy Ball or Dark Pulse earlier on, they won't be scared about SD and think they can always revenge kill Cacturne with a pokemon at a higher health- however you have SD in the back to sweep their whole team. Mind games.

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Counter/Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch

Here is a pretty unique set I created which utilises Cacturne as a Lead rather than a Wallbreaker. Bullet Seed is used to beat common Golem leads and also has the chance to only allow Smeargle one hazard if they lack Dark Void. Spikes is pretty self-explanatory. In the third slot you can opt for either Counter or Destiny Bond, Counter is pretty cool as it has the ability to take out a mon if you get attacked straight away and Destiny Bond let's you play mind games and gives you opportunities to set up more spikes. Lastly Sucker Punch is pretty standard and can hit faster mons that can 2HKO.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

Cacturne @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower / Drain Punch

Banded Cacturne hits extremely hard and there aren't many switch-ins to this mon (if Cacturne selects the right coverage move obviously). With Switcheroo, it is able to lure in switch-ins such as CroMuk or Clefairy that can set up on Cacturne and cripple them so they would be unable to set up (not exactly a cripple for Muk however). Choice Band Sucker Punch also has potential to OHKO a lot of squishier mons with rocks up as well.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nobody voted yet and I completely missed this and there's a set I actually use on real teams that's good

Cacturne @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Energy Ball
- Dark Pulse

The reason this works as a surprise late-game cleaner once you've worn down clef and vulalby and muk and maybe 2 other things is that with hasty+salac ur gonna be able to outspeed everything up to about rapidash, which is pretty much the fastest thing that can get around sucker to annoy you. Versus offensive teams it can be a real pain, substitute kinda sucks on regular LO because you rarely get anywhere but with the end game of salac you can actually build toward cleaning versus random offense really nicely. Admittedly I originally tried this on webs, but never once did I outspeed something I wouldn't have just KOd with sucker anyway so yeah. Good to pair with things like Bouffalant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)