The No Johns Tournament: GSC Edition - Round 2

The No Johns Tournament: GSC OU Edition

john |jän|
noun, verb, johned, johning

• A cheap excuse for losing, missing a recovery, being hit by an attack, or any number of unfavorable events in Smash. It is a statement or action that detracts from the validity or quality of a competition (or its implied significance), irrespective of truth.
This tournament will be contested under GSC OU rules. What makes this different from any other tournament is the fact that the deadline are short. 3 day maximum. No Johns.

Tournament Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs. Unlikely in this scenario.
  • Do not join this tournament unless you are extremely active. Deadlines will be very short.
  • Best of 1.

Round 2

Teamcali15 vs. Chill Shadow
Pohjis vs. Mael
obii vs. reyscarface
giara vs. HSA
Blackoblivion vs. Genesis7
Rampecker vs. Eternal Spirit
Laroxyl vs. Arifeen
Lavos vs. BOUFF
Melle2402 vs. McMeghan
Vileman vs. Bomber.
[ Drud VS idiotfrommars ] vs. SoulWind
Eseque vs. Peasounay
Level 56 vs. FLCL
p2 vs. Lycans
ZoroDark vs. Marshall.Law
Bro Kappa vs. Malekith

Deadline: Wednesday August 9th @ 11:59 PM EST. No Johns.

now i sleep

Last edited:
I gave user: Peasounay the win, I just have had an unfortunate time getting called into work randomly everyday (luckily I only have 3 more weeks lol), sorry for the johns.

my opponent had an extension game of round 1 on sunday, i asked him to play me then on 2 occasions and he said no to both, telling me he'll battle me monday, he wasnt there on monday and didnt answer my vm. today he hasnt even been online on the forum, literally johned. Im asking for activity in case this doesnt get done. ill be online tmrw but i cant know for sure when and for how long, and he's definitely not cooperating to get the game done.

It's 40 some minutes early, but I'm fairly certain the remaining games won't be played in that time frame and I got stuff to do.

First things first:

Drud vs idiotfrommars - I should have coinflipped this one a few days ago, I apologize SoulWind. You guys got until Friday 11:59 PM EST.

For the rest:

Rampecker vs Eternal Spirit - No reply to ES's VM, therefore activity win.
Bro Kappa vs Malekith - According to VMs, they didn't really get a time, but they were certainly trying to play. I'll give a 2 day extension for this one.
obii vs reyscarface - obii PMed me asking for a day or two extension because rey is out of town. Granted. 2 day extension.
giara vs HSA - No VMs of any sort. Coinflipped.
Teamcali15 vs Chill Shadow - Activity.

Next round coming up. Please stop johning you goons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)