Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

• Hard-Very Hard Difficulty.
  • Cannot Trade.
  • Please, nothing that requires a lot of grinding, or doesn't really do anything but make life more tedious.
  • Pokemon with a sort of "backstory/personality" is encouraged!
Mons:

To repost (since leafing through 5 different pages every time I want to find my scramblemons is a real pain).
Well...since my other run failed, I'ma do a new Soul Silver Scramble.

• Medium Difficulty
  • No trades or Pokewalker
  • Please some type variety. I don't want to end up using four different normal types in the same run. That's no fun.
  • Personality encouraged.
Mons

Take Farseer the Natu. Farseer is an ametuer psychic, and joined your team on the path to seek future enlightenment. However, it expects greatness from you to aid it's mental development. When in battle with Farseer, you must always predict the move the opponent uses before they use it. If you guess incorrectly once in a battle, Farseer will forgive you for the mistake. Any future missed predictions, and Farseer will not obey your commands. Dependent on Farseer's nature, it must learn one of these dummy moves below and use it when you make missed predictions. Before Farseer can learn the move corresponding to its nature, it must use Miracle Eye as its dummy move.
  • +Attack: Thief
  • +Special Attack: Rain Dance
  • +Defence: Rest
  • +Special Defence: Captivate
  • +Speed: Tailwind
  • Neutral: Natural Gift
In addition, Farseer is unwilling to use TM's (other than it's nature exclusive move) as it wants to see itself grow through it's own merits. It will not be able to learn TM's, although if you use it to solo a Gym Leader, Rival Battle, Team Rocket Leader, or Elite 4 Member, it gains the ability to learn a single TM move (This can be repeated to gain access to more TM's)

By Mr. Querty

Here, how about Professor the Sudowoodo?
This Sudowoodo is imitating more than one type of tree... It's mimicking Pokémon Professors! He has to study as many things as he can, in order to perfect his copying ability. The first subject: Moves! Each of Professor's moves must be of a different type. Furthermore, he must investigate the different evolutions, as well! Unless conflicting with other solos, Professor must solo all Pokemon that evolve through means other than level-up. The final topic: Relationships. If you are able to have Professor in the front, you must have them in the front.

By Hitmonleet
I have never played Pokemon GSC ever (HeartGold and SoulSilver don't count) so why not do a scramble challenge for Crystal?

• Medium-hard difficulty
  • No prohibiting me from evolving a Pokemon (you can evolve Pokemon X if you complete challenge Y is fair game though)
  • HM slaves are exempt from the rules. So are Shinies like im ever gonna find one
  • No Nuzlocke-esque rules
  • I want to use a starter in my team
  • No tedious rules (ie solo Falkner with Weedle etc)
  • Yes, you can nickname my Pokemon.
  • No 'you may not exceed (level)' challenges
  • Dupes are banned
  • I can say no to a challenge if I deem it implausible
Everything else is fair game. I just want to try a scramble and see what it's like.
Hi! I really want to do a run through of HeartGold, but I want to do a scramble challenge for it! I'm open to most things, I have just a few rules:
  • Any Pokemon that can evolve should be evolved sometime before E4. (so no "can never evolve" rules, but restrictions on when I can evolve are fine).
  • No dupes, and give the Pokemon nicknames please!
  • No level restrictions
  • I'd like a starter on my team, and a Pokémon that can eventually use Fly
Other than that, don't hold back! However I'd like to start with a medium/semi-hard difficult so nothing too crazy. Thanks!
Are any of you still intending on doing these challenges? If so i can think up some scramblemons for you.

Yeah, still very much wanting to do that challenge. Feel free! Preferably one that can be gotten by the first gym.
Take Feeble the Chinchou. This Chinchou struggles with meeting its full potential, especially in regards to its most powerful moves. Feeble may not use damaging moves of types other than Normal, Water and Electric and, when you catch it, Feeble may not use any water- or electric-type moves with a base power higher than 40 under normal battle conditions (All status moves and Hidden Power are allowed). However, Feeble may work around this:

Feeble may use water-type moves unrestricted by base power as long as:
  • It is raining, either in the overworld or initiated in battle
  • You are currently surfing or there is water onscreen in the overworld
  • You have first used the move Aqua Ring
Feeble may use Electric-type moves unhindered as long as:
  • It first uses the move Charge
  • It is able to get a Sp. Atk boost using Charge Beam (more on that later)
  • It has the ability Volt Absorb and is first hit by an electric-type move
In both cases, the boosts may apply either until the end of the battle or until Feeble is switched out; choose what you like with regards to difficulty as long as you are consistent.

Now, Feeble knows that it can do better, and wants to be the best Pokemon it can possibly be. Feeble should fight as many Water- and Electric- type pokemon as possible. For every 5 pokemon of that type Feeble manages to defeat, the base power of the moves he can use of that type increases by 5 (Defeating other Chinchou or Lantern counts towards both), up to a limit of 100. Additionally, his evolution, which may occur whenever you wish, gives him an additional +10 boost to each limit, and moves of any type are now usable. Solo Misty to remove all restrictions on Water-type moves, and Lt Surge to remove all restrictions on Electric-type moves (Assuming you are playing through Kanto; If so, the solos may occur either at the initial battle or at a rematch).

Good luck!

(For LucarioOfLegends's scramble)

Take Slice the Weedle. Slice loves learning new moves and will not evolve until it has learned every move it can learn at that stage of evolution. To evolve Slice into a Metapod, it must solo five Pokemon on the same route you caught it in. After evolving it into Metapod, there are no more restrictions to evolution

tl;dr:
• Take Slice the Weedle
• Can't evolve into Metapod until it learns every move it can as a Weedle
• Can't evolve into Metapod until you solo five Pokemon on the route you catch it on
• Loses all restrictions after it evolves into Metapod

(This is the first scramblemon I've made, so tell me if it's too easy or hard)

Yes, I am
Okay then, take Elsa the Clefairy.
Elsa is obsessed with the film Frozen. So much so that she believes she is actually the Queen of Arendelle; As such she should always know at least one Ice-type move (to show off her ice powers) and the move Sing (because apparently the entire world has not heard enough of Let It Go), which she should always use at least once per battle. Obviously, Elsa may not use Fire-type attacks. Elsa should always lead the party when there is snow or ice visible in the overworld, and should always switch in when there is Hail present. To evolve into Clefable, Elsa should solo Pryce, to show that the cold never bothered her anyway. She also fully believes that Lance is actually Hans, and so must enact revenge on him for almost murdering her by soloing at least 3 of his Pokemon (although a complete solo is preferred, and this can be in either the initial battle or a rematch)'

Good Luck!

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
(For LucarioOfLegends's scramble)

Take Slice the Weedle. Slice loves learning new moves and will not evolve until it has learned every move it can learn at that stage of evolution. To evolve Slice into a Metapod, it must solo five Pokemon on the same route you caught it in. After evolving it into Metapod, there are no more restrictions to evolution

tl;dr:
• Take Slice the Weedle
• Can't evolve into Metapod until it learns every move it can as a Weedle
• Can't evolve into Metapod until you solo five Pokemon on the route you catch it on
• Loses all restrictions after it evolves into Metapod

(This is the first scramblemon I've made, so tell me if it's too easy or hard)
Accepted! I assume you mean Kakuna? Metapod is Caterpie.

I am! I proposed I would only do it as soon as I got the 6 Pokemon needed to start, and I only have 3 right now.
Take UltraScary the Hoppip. UltraScary came from a family where everyone treated it like he were cute. But it's scary!. After you catch it, it must only learn 'Scary moves'. It may only use Scary moves. To evolve into Skiploom, it must have a full moveset of scary moves. After evolving into Jumpluff, UltraScary realizes that it is actually cute, and can use any move.

'Scary Moves'
  • Tackle
  • Poison Powder
  • Stun Spore
  • Leech Seed
  • Headbutt
  • Curse
  • Toxic
  • Frustration
  • Return

Last edited:
-Pokémon Platinum
-Hard difficulty
-No trading
-I'd prefer to not use my usual "game-carrying" Pokémon (Like no Staraptor or Luxray etc).

-Pokémon Platinum
-Hard difficulty
-No trading
-I'd prefer to not use my usual "game-carrying" Pokémon (Like no Staraptor or Luxray etc).
Take Medusa the Tangela. Medusa is so ugly, it turns anyone who sees it to stone. Medusa must learn Stun Spore ASAP and use it first against any pokemon with eyes. Medusa must also always carry a Zoom Lens to ensure that it hits with Stun Spore. In addition, Medusa has a fear of mirrors, and will not face any Steel Type pokemon. To emphasise its power with stone, Medusa must also learn a rock type move ASAP. Medusa can evolve whenever, at a cost. Evolving makes Medusa so ugly, it kills plants. Medusa may no longer be able to use any grass type moves other than Stun Spore. Lastly, as a trainer, you want to see Medusa grow stronger. To face it's fear of mirrors, Medusa must solo Byron. This makes Medusa overconfident, so it must solo every steel type not soloed by another mon thereafter.

Hi, I'd like to do a Scramble of White 2 with the following rules:

Game: White 2 (Normal Mode)
Trading: No
Difficulty: Medium or Medium-Hard (Don't want to be pulling my little hair out for my first scramble)
Extra: No Snivy, I use it so much already. I'd love to see some lesser used Pokemon. Also, no Pokemon that evolve from trade except for Kadabra, Magmar, Electabuzz, Rhydon, and Gurdurr.

Pokemon So Far:
Take Speedy the Dwebble. Speedy dreams of becoming a sprinter and participating in the Pokeathlon, yet it struggles to run, stuck in its large bulky shell. To train, Speedy may not switch out against any pokemon faster than it, although it doesn't have to beat everything faster. Speedy hates its shell, and will be unwilling to use any Rock-type moves because they remind it of the shell. Speedy also wants you to go through battles fast, and will force you to play in Set mode. Speedy must solo Elesa to prove faster than Electric Types, and can evolve anytime thereafter. When it can, Speedy must learn Shell Smash. Speedy is overjoyed that it can finally get rid of its heavy shell, and must use Shell Smash to get rid of it at the start of every battle. Lastly, Speedy must solo Grimsley to prove that cheaters can't win.
Variety is, as its name suggests, a Sunkern that doesn't like to do everything the same way. As a result, it must, as soon as possible, have a moveset consisting of moves of four three different types (Hidden Power counts as Normal-type). TM and HM moves must be taught if they further this goal. Sunkern may not evolve until this is achieved. Also, Sunkern doesn't believe in killing foes the same way. Thus, if it uses a move in a battle in which it successfully defeats an opponent, it may not use the move in the next battle (it doesn't necessarily have to participate in this battle, just the next battle you participate in, wild Pokemon encounters don't count for this).

To prove that variety is the spice of life, Variety must solo a variety of trainers. Said variety comes, of course, in Victory Road (solo Victory Road).
- Has to be Female
- Cannot learn Thunderbolt, but must learn Thunder. Also cannot learn Rain Dance
- Cannot battle ground-types
- Cannot be in the rain unless it's the last Pokemon able to battle
- Cannot have any other Electric moves other than Thunder after learning it (including status)
- Cannot learn U-Turn or Volt Switch

Reviloja753

Last edited:

Difficulty: Medium or Medium-Hard (Don't want to be pulling my little hair out for my first scramble)
Extra: No Snivy, I use it so much already. I'd love to see some lesser used Pokemon. Also, no Pokemon that evolve from trade except for Kadabra, Magmar, Electabuzz, Rhydon, and Gurdurr.
Take Speedy the Dwebble. Speedy dreams of becoming a sprinter and participating in the Pokeathlon, yet it struggles to run, stuck in its large bulky shell. To train, Speedy may not switch out against any pokemon faster than it, although it doesn't have to beat everything faster. Speedy hates its shell, and will be unwilling to use any Rock-type moves because they remind it of the shell. Speedy also wants you to go through battles fast, and will force you to play in Set mode. Speedy must solo Elesa to prove faster than Electric Types, and can evolve anytime thereafter. When it can, Speedy must learn Shell Smash. Speedy is overjoyed that it can finally get rid of its heavy shell, and must use Shell Smash to get rid of it at the start of every battle. Lastly, Speedy must solo Grimsley to prove that cheaters can't win.

Accepted. Hope I can beat Elesa without Rock Blast.

Reminder that this is still a thing and that I need one more pre-Eterna mon that can take the gym.

I'm looking for a Very Hard Platinum Scramble with two caveats:
-All Pokemon must be able to reach their final evolution by the time I fight Cynthia
-I reserve the right to deny any challenge that is too tedious (eg. solo Fantina with a Wurmple) and/or requires too much grinding.
Go nuts.
CJorex take Rocky the Aron

Rocky is, of course, inspired by the movies. However, it quickly discovers that as an Aron, it learns no punching moves or, for that matter, Rock-type moves, by level-up. As a result, it must be taught, by whatever means necessary, Rock-type moves and moves boosted by Iron Fist, and must use one of these moves the first time it is sent out in any battle.

Rocky is a fearless fighter. Whenever an enemy Pokemon damages a teammate with any Rock-type moves or punching moves (the ones boosted by Iron Fist), Aron must switch in and solo that Pokemon, unless this conflicts with another Pokemon's solo. Evolve into Lairon after soloing 10 of these Pokemon, and Aggron after soloing 15.

Once it evolves into Aggron, it begins to truly believe that it is invincible. It must now use Iron Defense the first time it is sent out in any battle, though it still must keep the aforementioned Rock-type and punching moves. Have Aggron solo an Elite Four of your choice.

Phoice take Attack the Shieldon/Defend the Cranidos (depending on Trainer ID)

This challenge varies based on which fossil you find in your Underground. You may obtain this Pokemon after Eterna Gym for convenience.

If you get a Shieldon, it becomes a reckless attacker. However, its main problem lies in its Attack and Special Attack stats, which are pitifully low. Another problem is its movepool; you obtain it with Taunt/Metal Sound/Take Down/Iron Defense, not exactly the most offensive moveset. As a result, Shieldon becomes attached to Taunt, and must always use it the first time it is sent out in any battle, because if it can't be offensive, it can make its opponent so. Furthermore, besides Taunt, your movepool should have only moves with 100 or more Base Power as soon as possible, and once you learn your first such move, Shieldon may only use these moves and Taunt. Solo a Gym Leader to evolve.

Once Shieldon evolves, it realizes that its best form of damage lies in absorbing a hit, then retaliating with a no-immunity Metal Burst. Bastiodon must always use Metal Burst at least once against any Pokemon with 50 or more base Speed, regardless of whether it is actually slower. Solo an Elite Four member.

If you get a Cranidos, it becomes a cautions defender. However, its main problem lies in its Defense and Special Defense stats, which are pretty low. Another problem is its movepool; you obtain it with Focus Energy/Pursuit/Take Down/Scary Face, not exactly the most defensive of movesets. As a result, Cranidos becomes attached to Scary Face, and must always use it the first time it is sent out in any battle. Also, since Cranidos has no healing itself, whenever its HP drops below 30% of its max, you must heal it manually. Solo a Gym Leader to evolve.

Once Cranidos evolves, it realizes that the best defensive moves are Protect and Endure, and that Scary Face is not that useful on a defensive Pokemon. Learn Protect and Endure, replacing Scary Face, ASAP. Once Protect is learned, Rampardos must always use it the first time it is sent out in any battle. Solo an Elite Four member.

Yoshiblaze take Variety the Sunkern

Variety is, as its name suggests, a Sunkern that doesn't like to do everything the same way. As a result, it must, as soon as possible, have a moveset consisting of moves of four different types (Hidden Power counts as Normal-type). TM and HM moves must be taught if they further this goal. Sunkern may not evolve until this is achieved. Also, Sunkern doesn't believe in killing foes the same way. Thus, if it uses a move in a battle in which it successfully defeats an opponent, it may not use the move in the next battle (it doesn't necessarily have to participate in this battle, just the next battle you participate in, wild Pokemon encounters don't count for this).

To prove that variety is the spice of life, Variety must solo a variety of trainers. Said variety comes, of course, in Victory Road (solo Victory Road).

Yoshiblaze take Variety the Sunkern

Variety is, as its name suggests, a Sunkern that doesn't like to do everything the same way. As a result, it must, as soon as possible, have a moveset consisting of moves of four different types (Hidden Power counts as Normal-type). TM and HM moves must be taught if they further this goal. Sunkern may not evolve until this is achieved. Also, Sunkern doesn't believe in killing foes the same way. Thus, if it uses a move in a battle in which it successfully defeats an opponent, it may not use the move in the next battle (it doesn't necessarily have to participate in this battle, just the next battle you participate in, wild Pokemon encounters don't count for this).

Accepted, never used Sunflora before so that should be fun.

I'll edit in a Pokemon to this post if I think of something for you

Actually, double posting to make sure you you see this

AOPSUser Take Scaredy the Pachirisu

Scaredy, as you can tell, isn't very brave, as thus it's nature can't be Brave. Because of this, it refuses to face big, scary Pokemon. This includes all Ghost, Dark, and Poison-types, as well as Pokemon with the ability Intimidate or Rivalry. Scaredy is also very afraid of powerful moves, as it's easily startled. So, Scaredy will also refuse to use any move with mover than 75 Base Power (moves with varying base power or fixed damage are not restricted). Scaredy, at least, loves to eat andm ust always be holding a consumable item. Scaredy is determined to get over it's fear, so it must solo Fantina, though after the experience, it just gets more scared of Ghosts. So scared, in fact, that it thinks Ghosts are coming for it, and thus as soon as possible, it must learn Dig and use it at the start of every battle that it can participate in. Lastly, to attempt to get over it's fear, it must KO at least 2 of Cyrus' Pokemon in every battle against him, regardless of restriction and lead off against Giratina.

Actually, double posting to make sure you you see this

AOPSUser Take Scaredy the Pachirisu

Scaredy, as you can tell, isn't very brave, as thus it's nature can't be Brave. Because of this, it refuses to face big, scary Pokemon. This includes all Ghost, Dark, and Poison-types, as well as Pokemon with the ability Intimidate or Rivalry. Scaredy is also very afraid of powerful moves, as it's easily startled. So, Scaredy will also refuse to use any move with mover than 75 Base Power (moves with varying base power or fixed damage are not restricted). Scaredy, at least, loves to eat andm ust always be holding a consumable item. Scaredy is determined to get over it's fear, so it must solo Fantina, though after the experience, it just gets more scared of Ghosts. So scared, in fact, that it thinks Ghosts are coming for it, and thus as soon as possible, it must learn Dig and use it at the start of every battle that it can participate in. Lastly, to attempt to get over it's fear, it must KO at least 2 of Cyrus' Pokemon in every battle against him, regardless of restriction and lead off against Giratina.
Accepted

Also I just realized that the Sunkern I gave you might be a bit too restricting. If you want, you can change its evolution to when it has moves of three different types, since otherwise it's not evolving until Mistralton City lol

- Pokémon Sun
- Medium-easy difficulty
- Unless in-game with NPCs, no trading
- I should have a full team by the third island
- No evolution restrictions

Team:

Take Voyager the Oricorro (caught on Melemele). Voyager loves to travel and joins your team to see the region. It wants to be able to learn the dances of each island, so whenever you find a new nectar, your must change its form (no intentionally avoiding nectar). Voyager must also learn Fly, as it used to allow it to bring its trainer around. Lastly, Voyager must lead your team through each optional area (Hauoli Cemetery, Ten Carat Hill, Melemele Sea, Hano Beach, Blush Mountain, Haina Desert, Secluded Shore) and either find three items or solo two trainers in each.

Take Phobia the Drifloon. Phobia is not your typical Drifloon, in that it's scared of Ghosts. But it is itself a Ghost-type. Thus, it may never learn any Ghost-type moves or fight against any Ghost-type Pokemon. It must also hold Smoke Ball the moment you get access to it, so it can run away from battle as fast as possible, and must learn and keep Fly and Protect ASAP so it can protect itself from attacks (Fly will require evolution). Have Phobia solo one of the trials on Ula'Ula Island (Vikavolt, Mimikyu, or Nanu; the no fighting Ghost-types requirement would be waived if you fight Mimikyu). Once it does so, it begins to lose a bit of the fear and will be able to learn a single Ghost-type move and is no longer required to hold the Smoke Ball, but it may still not fight Ghost-types. Finally, have Phobia solo Acerola to remove this restriction for good.

Prodigy became great at birth, or at least thinks it did. To back up it's bold claims, Prodigy must be hatched with at least 1 egg move. The easiest way to do this is to catch a Female Growlithe on Melemele Island, then catch either a Male Rockruff (Howl) or a Male Mudbray (Double Kick) and breed them (Crunch from Lillipup or Alolan Rattata can be obtained pretty easily, too, but they require a little bit of leveling). It must use this move first in every battle and can never forget it. After this, it likes to show off it's strength, so it must solo at least 1 trial of your choosing. Prodigy must also be fed any Protein you find, as it urges you to keep it's strength up. Prodigy must solo Molayne (if it knows Howl), Nanu (if it knows Double Kick) or Faba (if it knows any other egg move) so it can use it's power to the fullest. Lastly, Prodigy must be sent out against and defeat any Growlithe or Arcanine to show it's genetic superiority.

Last edited:
- Pokémon Sun
- Medium-easy difficulty
- Unless in-game with NPCs, no trading
- I should have a full team by the third island
- No evolution restrictions

Team:
Take Voyager the Oricorro (caught on Melemele). Voyager loves to travel and joins your team to see the region. It wants to be able to learn the dances of each island, so whenever you find a new nectar, your must change its form (no intentionally avoiding nectar). Voyager must also learn Fly, as it used to allow it to bring its trainer around. Lastly, Voyager must lead your team through each optional area (Hauoli Cemetery, Ten Carat Hill, Melemele Sea, Hano Beach, Blush Mountain, Haina Desert, Secluded Shore) and either find three items or beat two trainers in each.

Take Voyager the Oricorro (caught on Melemele). Voyager loves to travel and joins your team to see the region. It wants to be able to learn the dances of each island, so whenever you find a new nectar, your must change its form (no intentionally avoiding nectar). Voyager must also learn Fly, as it used to allow it to bring its trainer around. Lastly, Voyager must lead your team through each optional area (Hauoli Cemetery, Ten Carat Hill, Melemele Sea, Hano Beach, Blush Mountain, Haina Desert, Secluded Shore) and either find three items or beat two trainers in each.
Accepted! By 'beat two trainers in each', I assume you mean solo?

Hi! I really want to do a run through of HeartGold, but I want to do a scramble challenge for it! I'm open to most things, I have just a few rules:
  • Any Pokemon that can evolve should be evolved sometime before E4. (so no "can never evolve" rules, but restrictions on when I can evolve are fine).
  • No dupes, and give the Pokemon nicknames please!
  • No level restrictions
  • I'd like a starter on my team, and a Pokémon that can eventually use Fly
Other than that, don't hold back! However I'd like to start with a medium/semi-hard difficult so nothing too crazy. Thanks!
Since you a only need 1 more Pokemon, here ya go!

Take Doug the Growlithe.
Much like Elsa the Clefairy, Doug is also obsessed with a Disney movie, in this case Up. Thanks to his love of the movie, Doug tries his best to act like Doug the Dog. Doug would like nothing more than to talk like the character in the movie can. As Doug in the movie talks using a special collar, Growlithe thinks that Steel is the answer, meaning that he must solo Jasmine and learn and keep Iron Tail to get metal to build a collar like Doug's. If you decide to let Shuckle solo Jasmine instead, Growlithe must then solo Will, as he's very smart and could possibly know how to make such a collar. Afterwards, he must use Iron Tail every time he's sent out as a greeting. Doug's mission was to find a rare bird and bring it back to his master, so Growlithe must solo all Flying-types that can learn Fly. If you choose to get Growlithe before Falkner, it must solo his whole gym, but afterwards, you only have to solo all Pokemon based on birds. Growlithe, like Doug, will be very attached to you the second it sees you, so it has to learn Return the second you get the TM for it and has to be in the front of the party to be walked whenever possible (it doesn't have to lead off in every battle, however). Growlithe is also a good boy, like Doug, so it cannot use any Dark-type moves. Lastly, to evolve into Arcanine, Growlithe must solo Morty because he thinks he bares a resemblance to Charles Muntz.

In other news, my White 2 Scramble needs 4 more Pokemon and many others also need Pokemon.
Here's mine for anybody who's like me and doesn't want to go back to the last page:

Pokemon So Far:
Variety is, as its name suggests, a Sunkern that doesn't like to do everything the same way. As a result, it must, as soon as possible, have a moveset consisting of moves of four three different types (Hidden Power counts as Normal-type). TM and HM moves must be taught if they further this goal. Sunkern may not evolve until this is achieved. Also, Sunkern doesn't believe in killing foes the same way. Thus, if it uses a move in a battle in which it successfully defeats an opponent, it may not use the move in the next battle (it doesn't necessarily have to participate in this battle, just the next battle you participate in, wild Pokemon encounters don't count for this).

Hi, I'm looking for a scramble challenge for Alpha Sapphire with these rules:

Game: Alpha Sapphire
Difficulty: Ridiculously hard.... like as evil as possible.... Only thing I don't want is any added RNG e.g. dice roll to use an attacking move. I also don't mind a bit of grinding but nothing too ridiculous. So difficult solo gym leader fights, odd (but creative!) pokemon and move selections, evolution rules etc... Be creative!
Extra: I want all pokemon to be fully evolved. Also, no starters or legendaries.

Pokemon so far:
Take Blurry the Surskit.
Blurry has bad eyesight and is particularly near-sighted, so it meaning that it cannot hold any items except for eye-wear (Choice Specs, Wide Lens, Scope Lens, Zoom Lens, Wise Glasses, and Black Glasses) which improve it's vision, because it just can't see those items. Furthermore, Blurry can't use any moves with less than 100% Accuracy (after modifiers like Zoom Lens) for fear of it's bad eyesight causing it to miss. Blurry does, however, know that it may be able to hide it's bad vision by hindering the opponent's vision, so Blurry must use either a speed boosting move (Agility or Quiver Dance), Double Team, or a damaging priority move (Quick Attack, Aqua Jet) as soon as it enters battle. It also must learn Double Team ASAP. To evolve into Masquerain, Blurry must solo Brawly as it knows that if it can take on Fighting-types who need to focus on their opponent to hit, then it can be fine. To learn Bug Buzz, Blurry must "solo" Tate & Liza (KO both mons with minimal or no support from it's teammate) to see if psychic power can help with eyesight OR Win 2 Clever Super Rank contests to show how it can work around the problem. The item restriction still applies to contests (so no scarfs) but you can at least still feed it pokeblocks. Lastly, Blurry has to be caught before entering Petalburg Woods. Have fun with that.
Take Battery the Slakoth.

So since you wanted this to be hard, Battery demands that you keep EXP. Share off. For no reason in particular.

Battery is the reincarnation of a random guy who died in a particularly vicious bar fight (the attacker, incidentally, was charged with assault and battery). As such, it doesn't believe in being physical with its opponents. It must learn a non-contact attacking move ASAP, and once it has done so, it may never use any attacking moves which make contact.

Battery also believes that its life force is like a battery and that it can be charged by absorbing Electric-type attacks. Thus, whenever an enemy Pokemon uses a damaging Electric-type move, Battery must switch in and solo that Pokemon, unless this conflicts with another solo. Also, have Battery solo Wattson. Once it soloes Wattson, it wants to learn an Electric-type move to channel its own power. Unfortunately, it doesn't readily get any, but it must learn an Electric-type move ASAP and must always use it the first time it is sent out in any battle, once the move is learned. Furthermore, Battery believes that electric energy is the only energy it needs to battle. Thus, you may never use items on Battery while it is in battle. Solo Wallace to evolve into Slaking.
-Pokémon Platinum
-Hard difficulty
-No trading
Take Slow&Steady the Bronzor. Slow&Steady realises that there is more to battling than just dishing out damage. It would rather take a more relaxed approach. For this reason, Slow&steady won't use damaging moves until 2 turns have passed unless that attack is future sight which it must learn before evolving. This leaves ample time for Slow&Steady to set up Stealth rock, which it must do versus every gym leader and elite four member. Furthermore, it must solo Fantina.

Last edited:

Difficulty: Ridiculously hard.... like as evil as possible.... Only thing I don't want is any added RNG e.g. dice roll to use an attacking move. I also don't mind a bit of grinding but nothing too ridiculous. So difficult solo gym leader fights, odd (but creative!) pokemon and move selections, evolution rules etc... Be creative!
Extra: I want all pokemon to be fully evolved. Also, no starters or legendaries.
Take Blurry the Surskit.
Blurry has bad eyesight and is particularly near-sighted, so it meaning that it cannot hold any items except for eye-wear (Choice Specs, Wide Lens, Scope Lens, Zoom Lens, Wise Glasses, and Black Glasses) which improve it's vision, because it just can't see those items. Furthermore, Blurry can't use any moves with less than 100% Accuracy (after modifiers like Zoom Lens) for fear of it's bad eyesight causing it to miss. Blurry does, however, know that it may be able to hide it's bad vision by hindering the opponent's vision, so Blurry must use either a speed boosting move (Agility or Quiver Dance), Double Team, or a damaging priority move (Quick Attack, Aqua Jet) as soon as it enters battle. It also must learn Double Team ASAP. To evolve into Masquerain, Blurry must solo Brawly as it knows that if it can take on Fighting-types who need to focus on their opponent to hit, then it can be fine. To learn Bug Buzz, Blurry must "solo" Tate & Liza (KO both mons with minimal or no support from it's teammate) to see if psychic power can help with eyesight OR Win 2 Clever Super Rank contests to show how it can work around the problem. The item restriction still applies to contests (so no scarfs) but you can at least still feed it pokeblocks. Lastly, Blurry has to be caught before entering Petalburg Woods. Have fun with that.

Last edited:

Take Battery the Slakoth.

So since you wanted this to be hard, Battery demands that you keep EXP. Share off. For no reason in particular.

Battery is the reincarnation of a random guy who died in a particularly vicious bar fight (the attacker, incidentally, was charged with assault and battery). As such, it doesn't believe in being physical with its opponents. It must learn a non-contact attacking move ASAP, and once it has done so, it may never use any attacking moves which make contact.

Battery also believes that its life force is like a battery and that it can be charged by absorbing Electric-type attacks. Thus, whenever an enemy Pokemon uses a damaging Electric-type move, Battery must switch in and solo that Pokemon, unless this conflicts with another solo. Also, have Battery solo Wattson. Once it soloes Wattson, it wants to learn an Electric-type move to channel its own power. Unfortunately, it doesn't readily get any, but it must learn an Electric-type move ASAP and must always use it the first time it is sent out in any battle, once the move is learned. Furthermore, Battery believes that electric energy is the only energy it needs to battle. Thus, you may never use items on Battery while it is in battle. Solo Wallace to evolve into Slaking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)