Playoffs The Smogon Classic III - Playoffs [Won by giara]

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

Thanks again to MiniArchitect for the logo!

Welcome to the Playoffs of the Smogon Classic, where our Top 12 performers will battle it out for the coveted White Trophy

Let's also take a moment to thank all the people who dedicated their time to hosting this season once again: Golden Gyarados, Malekith, reyscarface, Jirachee, and Finchinator. I'd also like to give a huge shout-out to HSA, Earthworm, and Eo Ut Mortus for creating and updating the points sheet for me. They all did an outstanding job and tournnament run extremely smoothly as a result! If I ever see you guys in person I owe you a beer :)

Each series will be Bo5 with the higher seed choosing which one of the 5 Classics tiers is played first. The remaining games will use the standard "loser picks next" deciding order.

I'm waiting to hear back from Soulwind on what he wants to do with the tiebreaker with giara to decide who picks first, so I'll update the thread with the info when I receive it.

Tie-Breaker for 12th seed
Eo Ut Mortus vs CyberOdin
[RBY ADV DPP]

Tie-breaker for the 12th seed is a Best of 5 match, one of each generation. Deadline is Wednesday, June 14th. Eo Ut Mortus gets first pick due to his higher win percentage.​

Round 1

Round 1 Byes
zf, dice, We Three Kings, reyscarface

[RBY ADV BW GSC]

[DPP ADV BW RBY]

[BW DPP RBY GSC ADV]

[GSC ADV DPP BW RBY]

Round 1 Pairings

5. Jimmy Turtwig vs 12. CyberOdin
6. Energy vs 11. Star
7. Alexander. vs 10. Nelson
8. SoulWind vs 9. giara

Deadline for completing Round 1 matches will be Sunday, June 18th.

Round 2

[ADV BW DPP GSC RBY]

[BW RBY DPP ADV GSC]

[RBY GSC ADV DPP BW]

[GSC ADV DPP RBY BW]

Round 2 Pairings

1. zf vs 9. giara
2. dice vs 7. Alexander.
3. We Three Kings vs 11. Star
4. reyscarface vs 5. Jimmy Turtwig

Deadline for this round is Sunday the 25th.

Semifinals

[BW RBY DPP GSC]

[RBY BW DPP ADV GSC]

Semifinals Pairings

2. dice vs 3. We Three Kings
5. Jimmy Turtwig vs 9. giara

Deadline for this round is Sunday the 2nd.

Finals

[RBY ADV BW]

Finals Pairings

2. dice vs 9. giara

Deadline for this round is Sunday the 16th.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy Turtwig vs (Eo Ut Mortus vs CyberOdin) - it's kinda hard to tell what to expect from odin... he's obviously great at ADV though he can be a little inconsistent, but Eo can probably use his general tier knowledge to his advantage (while also being particularly competent at BW) to pull it through. regardless, JT's a beast RN and someone who feels wildly consistent with what he uses. i wouldn't put winning this past his opponent, but i would definitely favor him in this one.
Energy vs Star - yeah star's kinda just more well-rounded and i think laurel is favored in DPP while he's favored in ADV; think star will pull through in two of RBY/GSC/BW
Alexander. vs Nelson - nelson's good but i think w/ alex's proficiency at RBY and BW, he's better-placed to win this one.
SoulWind vs giara - interesting matchup. i'd favor giara in RBY/GSC but SoulWind in the other 3, especially BW and DPP. should be a good series, i'm looking forward to this one

interesting playoffs. i think i'd bet on rey to win because a guaranteed top 8 spot along with just being solid across-the-board is a very good position to be in and i feel like he's the strongest contender in this classic. GL all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)