The Workshop

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Hey there! The SM UU VR thread went up today, but we're still needing a banner n_n

As for the banner's details, any Pokemon from S to A rank should be fair game. My personal idea was to have Scizor and Bisharp trading blows against each other in the middle of the picture, with either Politoed or Thundurus (or both!) summoning a storm in the background, but whoever takes on this request is free to do whatever they want as long as the banner includes 2 to 5/6 Pokemon from the upper rankings and "UU Viability Ranking Thread" written somewhere in it. I was really happy with the end result of the ORAS UU thread banner, so feel free to check that for reference. Thanks a ton in advance!

Hey there! The SM UU VR thread went up today, but we're still needing a banner n_n

As for the banner's details, any Pokemon from S to A rank should be fair game. My personal idea was to have Scizor and Bisharp trading blows against each other in the middle of the picture, with either Politoed or Thundurus (or both!) summoning a storm in the background, but whoever takes on this request is free to do whatever they want as long as the banner includes 2 to 5/6 Pokemon from the upper rankings and "UU Viability Ranking Thread" written somewhere in it. I was really happy with the end result of the ORAS UU thread banner, so feel free to check that for reference. Thanks a ton in advance!
i'll do it!

Hi, I'd like to request a banner for the UU Research Week.

To give some context on what Research Week is, it is a project that will feature underrated Pokemon and/or sets, and will ask players to test them out and see if they can work in the meta. Some of these Pokemon may end up to be bad or unviable (Arcanine is an example; it is being researched this week, and people have not had a good time with it), while others will work surprisingly well. A short summary of what a participant tested, and how it performed, is required.

I do not have a clear vision, but I can see multiple ways the banner could look. The first idea I have goes something like this: A Pokemon with high viability like Scizor or Alakazam (or maybe both?) could be taking a look through a microscope, observing a Pokemon like Whimsicott or Ribombee maybe.

It would be cool if Clefable could be avoided, as I can see a strong possibility of the Council reevaluating its stance on it.

That's all, thanks for listening!
I can give this one a shot :)

Reactions: Ark
Hi, I'm lookin for someone to do the artwork for the SM OU Victim of the Week thread.

I don't have an opinion on which direction the art style goes but I would like it to feature top-tier OU threats beating each other up. Something like Mega Metagross kidnapping Tapu Lele or Greninja beating up Landorus-T would be fine.

This is the current thread if you want to have a look at it. It just got started so there's not much there yet though.

Thanks!!!

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi! Okay so I'm now still looking for someone to do banner art for the OU Viability Ranking thread because BARABOY had too many IRL stuff to worry about so he dropped it. My request is still about the same, just make sure you have some top tier Pokemon on there like a few from S rank and nothing below A- rank would be preferred unless you find some creative way to include them on there. I'm not asking for anything spectacular, but simple creativity can go a long way (something like what the UU VR did is really cool). Here is a link to the OU VR for reference if you want some better ideas on what to include in the art. Thanks guys!

Also FYI, I would avoid putting Dugtrio on it just because it's being suspected atm.

Last edited:
Hi! Okay so I'm now still looking for someone to do banner art for the OU Viability Ranking thread because BARABOY had too many IRL stuff to worry about so he dropped it. My request is still about the same, just make sure you have some top tier Pokemon on there like a few from S rank and nothing below A- rank would be preferred unless you find some creative way to include them on there. I'm not asking for anything spectacular, but simple creativity can go a long way (something like what the UU VR did is really cool). Here is a link to the OU VR for reference if you want some better ideas on what to include in the art. Thanks guys!

Also FYI, I would avoid putting Dugtrio on it just because it's being suspected atm.
I'll attempt to do that. Should have a sketch done in a few days.

Can someone please draw for NU Research Week? Something with maybe a mismagius wearing glasses looking through some files would be nice! or maybe even something like Feraligatr and Vileplume fighting over a file. Whichever would be easier, rlly appreciate the great art guys !!!

Just bought an iPad today so I thought I would try out some of the art apps. Unfortunately I didn't have an idea of how sizing works so the image might be too big. Either way I hope this is what you you were looking for!

Last edited:

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just bought an iPad today so I thought I would try out some of the art apps. Unfortunately I didn't have an idea of how sizing works so the image might be too big. Either way I hope this is what you you were looking for!
This looks fantastic and is exactly what I was looking for........around three years ago haha :)

Your work isn't for nothing though. SM NU will start in a few months (i think?) and someone may start the research week project for this generation, so be on the lookout. Thank you for this though, I appreciate it!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi!

So a few years ago Bummer made me this sick logo for one of the original OMPL teams, the S.S. Anne Serperiors:

As wonderful of a user as Bummer is, with the next Doubles Premier League just around the corner I think it's time I retire the team name and the logo with it, as it's honestly quite a mouthful. But since I'm managing, this means I'm gonna need a brand new logo! This time around I'll be running the
SANTALUNE STORMS
...which is a much better name, no?

For the logo I'm thinking of a real scary looking Serperior in the center surrounded by Leaf Storm with the team name set either totally underneath Serp, or one word above and the next below. Obviously I'll take what I can get (including ideas that are just better) but I gotta roll with my boy Serperior.

edit: went back to Serperior

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Hi!

So a few years ago Bummer made me this sick logo for one of the original OMPL teams, the S.S. Anne Serperiors:

As wonderful of a user as Bummer is, with the next Doubles Premier League just around the corner I think it's time I retire the team name and the logo with it, as it's honestly quite a mouthful. But since I'm managing, this means I'm gonna need a brand new logo! This time around I'll be running the
SANTALUNE STORMS
...which is a much better name, no?

For the logo I'm thinking of a real scary looking Serperior in the center surrounded by Leaf Storm with the team name set either totally underneath Serp, or one word above and the next below. Obviously I'll take what I can get (including ideas that are just better) but I gotta roll with my boy Serperior.

edit: went back to Serperior
yeah i'll take this one, i'll probably be done maybe sometime on Friday/Saturday next week hopefully

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Arcticblast

idk why I couldn't send you PMs so excuse the double post.

So just wanted to follow up on the request mainly cuz I'm a little bit stumped atm. Do you have any ideas of a background or font style you like?

also this is the sketch as of now, lmk if there's something you want added/removed/changed :]

Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Arcticblast

idk why I couldn't send you PMs so excuse the double post.

So just wanted to follow up on the request mainly cuz I'm a little bit stumped atm. Do you have any ideas of a background or font style you like?

also this is the sketch as of now, lmk if there's something you want added/removed/changed :]
got my settings fixed so just PM me now! long story there

this is super awesome though and it's just a sketch omg

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
got my settings fixed so just PM me now! long story there

this is super awesome though and it's just a sketch omg
done!

lmk if u need a different size or something changed! also sorry I went off track on your request, Leaf Storm was pretty difficult to integrate :[ (lmk if you have any ideas though!!!!)

Last edited:

Arcticblast

HotFuzzBall I can neither confirm nor deny that I squealed a little bit when I saw this

could you make an avatar size image of either the big S or Serperior's head? (or do both if it isn't too hard?)

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
HotFuzzBall I can neither confirm nor deny that I squealed a little bit when I saw this

could you make an avatar size image of either the big S or Serperior's head? (or do both if it isn't too hard?)

they should be under 200x200 hopefully, i added the full "Storms" since just having the S made it kinda awkward

hmu if you need anything else!

Hello! I would like to request a banner for the Doubles UU Metagame Thread, which currently looks quite bare :o Good choices of mons to include in the banner would include: Thundurus-Incarnate, Genesect, Keldeo, Sylveon, or Kyurem-Black (they've got pretty nice color synergy as well). We don't have much preference as to the art style or scene.

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi! i'm going to be a manager in the next lcpl and i'd like to request some logo and/or banner for my team n_n

the team name is stunting stunkys but i don't really have anything in mind so open room for creativity!

thanks a ton in advance, keep up the good work guys!

Kinda bumping, kinda updating.

The holder of this milestone (and ongoing) streak has asked that the idea for this banner be modified: he would like to have his team standing in the foreground of the Tree entryway with the Tree proper looming in the background. No specifics on how the Pokemon should be oriented/positioned or what they're doing, so that can be left to the discretion of the artist.

Imagine this: View attachment 79787
But with the members of his team standing where the humans are.

Thx for reading.
I'll do it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)