The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Round 1 (Read post #402)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
gg rey. i'm salty about the ending but i can't be too mad. a big thank you to jirachee who let me play BW for the first time in an official tournament. sorry to my team and everyone who predicted me to top my group; it means a lot, honestly (i will make sure to use wide lens next time!). team canada is a young and talented group of guys with bright futures, and i look forward to seeing you guys develop and rock it in WCOPs to come :)

thank you to sugarhigh and everyone else who tested with me, and also shout outs to whoever the fuck is still writing for the vampire diaries even though nina doubrev left (like, what are you even supposed to do)

overconfidence killed us. we can't blame hax or "pokémon", some games were clearly rushed and poorly played. guess we'll make this year a lesson for the next ones. i'm not especially rooting for a team but like i said when line-ups were revealed, germany is the strongest one and i think they will win.
apologizes for leaving the discord without saying a word guys, it doesn't mean i didn't enjoy the few moments we had. i think its actually the best world cup i had so far. rip.

I had a lot of fun this year guys! I really wanted to go 3-0 in my first wcop but unfortunately hax stole that from me, which sucks even worse because we could have qualified for r2 had I achieved that record. In any case, shoutouts to Sabella for always testing with me and supporting me, it's a crime that you weren't picked up this year. Also thanks to njnp for the words of advice after my game with twin citiez.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
...I thought it was pretty much universally agreed that the 3v3 system to decide the qualification was bullshit? I understand that the LA guys might have been a bit too vocal with their posts, but how can you honestly say that it's fair for them? In a bo3 the LA dudes could have lucked out and eliminated Greece, who got 2nd place in groups, only to be another slot that 'doesn't measure up to the competition' (and that's still only according to last year's results, a ton of teams have shifted by as much as 4 wins from last year to this year). But we wouldn't know Greece was good if that happened, so if they complained about it you'd shut them up just like you're trying to shut the LA players up.

Qualification system has to be changed for WCop XII, we got time for that but it's pretty important that it happens.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Or maybe next year u guys do well enough to actually win the bo3. If Greece got the second seed and played up to their competition, they deserved it

Germany or West to win. Had fun this year considering I wasn't even gonna play - Disappointed with some of the losses we had and sad because I felt like I could have had a good run if we got further.

Gj saving the team from the brink - maybe next year.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
The top and second seeds have 18 and 17 points respectively. The 5-8th seeds are only 1 or 2 points shy of that. Anyone can pull off a win here. Do not underestimate team Asia.

Germany vs. Asia is gonna be like the Golden State Warriors vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers part II.

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well, at the end of an amazin run, it's hard to explain all the disappoint i fell right now, especially when u probably could do something, but u did not.
It's hard to accept to be out specially for our group, we really are a family.
On the other side, we have to admit our opps were probably better/more prepared than us..it hurts, a lot.
Im really sad for my mates too..
it has been an amazing experience, my last probably.
I really LOVED the time i spent with Europe Family, i really love what we were used to talk, we were, are a great Family.
Life gave me the opportunties to meet y'all, to play and to have fun with you.
I will never forget you all, thank laurel for what you did for us, you are the best!
U made everyhing in ur possibilities to make it, it was very close..but no regrets..thanks again europe!!

In the end, i wanna make special congrats to Team Italy, my country, hope you can go so far, u deserved it!!!

p2

Banned deucer.
it was a decent run for uk this year, got pretty unlucky at times when we didn't need it making it so much more difficult to have a chance at playoffs. learned a lot from being co captain and i'll probably be around to apply it next year. thanks to everybody that played for us, you saved a team that was very likely to be disbanded this year due to a lack of players, but we pulled through even though things didn't go our way, and when half of the old lineup quit. i did my best to help the team, but things never always go the way you want it to.

rooting for germany, spain and east *-*

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
I had a lot of fun this year guys! I really wanted to go 3-0 in my first wcop but unfortunately hax stole that from me, which sucks even worse because we could have qualified for r2 had I achieved that record. In any case, shoutouts to Sabella for always testing with me and supporting me, it's a crime that you weren't picked up this year. Also thanks to njnp for the words of advice after my game with twin citiez.
Anytime bro just liked helping and seeing my friends do well =) best of luck going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)