Finals The World Cup of Pokemon VI - Finals [Won by Oceania]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Well, now I know what it feels like to be left at the altar. And with my luck, and at this rate, that will happen too.

I normally try to not complain about hax and accept defeat graciously, but this finals round was complete and utter bullshit. Oceania is the most undeserving trophy winners ever, not a single person on that roster deserves a trophy for this WCOP season. US West was a better team and outplayed Oceania and somehow managed to lose by conditions we had no control over. If ever a winner deserved to have an asterisk by their names, this would be it.

No, this wasn't any sort of cosmic balance, karma, or whatever you want to call it, not that I believe in those anyway. If those did exist, we would have won. This was nothing short of highway robbery that allowed an unworthy team filled with unworthy players and personnel to get (notice how I didn't say "win" or "earn") a trophy. No, it wasn't "meant to be", because nothing happens because it's supposed to. Oceania's first 5 "wins" came down to (in order): a freeze, a 50/50, an overheat miss, a freeze, and a choke. Not a single convincing win in the bunch. Not a single instance of being out-teamed or out-played. Oceania might get the trophy, but it is definitely not deserved, as deserve had nothing to do with this. US West was better. US West is better. US West know this, and anyone who paid any attention to this series would know that, hell Oceania probably know that. It is nothing but a meaningless trophy.

This is all before we even get into all the shady under the table dealings Oceania pulled, while showing no loyalty to any of their players. I don't know if I should be more pissed at the people behind the trade or the people that allowed it to happen. But hey, at least Makiri gets to keep his WCOP trophy without playing a single playoff game. And yeah, let's reward constant asshole behavior from Oceania, from the top to the bottom of the organization. Speaking of which... look at Stallion, thinking this trophy makes any sort of a difference, acting like it allows him to act like even more of an asshole than usual. You are still just the same player as before this all started, a player that has never accomplished anything. And if you did ghost any of those finals matches? You should be embarrassed if that is the best you could do. You and I both know just how much you lucked out here, no matter how you try to justify it to yourself. Funny thing though, if we won I was going to make a post bashing every single one of the Oceania players, and it would have been a hell of a lot better than your weak ass post.

I have no idea how a team can be bailed out by such improbable last minute luck time and time again. I guess the saying is true, "No one wins, one side just loses more slowly." This wasn't just "hax is part of the game" or "those are the breaks" kinds of hax, it was literally "no fucking way that could possibly have just happened" hax, in every important turn of every game. Hell, it was so improbable Smogon promptly shut down for a week afterwards rather than process it (and I should've followed suit...). Oceania has to tell me, what demon did you sell your soul to for this? Because I obviously sold mine to the wrong one. I guess it isn't true that the devil you know is better than the one you don't...

To US West, now. First, thank you to all of our fans and everyone who supported us and helped us out throughout the regular season and the playoffs. To the players and management: we had a good run, I'm sorry it had to end that way. Back to back finals appearances is still plenty impressive. You all individually exceeded my expectations, you guys won, rose to the occasion, and had my back whenever I needed you guys to. I'm proud of every one of you, and you are all champions in my book, for whatever that is worth.

But fuck Oceania, and fuck this game, I'm through with it.

PS
What the fuck happened to my Kate Beckinsale avatar?! It looks like Smogon really doesn't want me to stay...

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats to team Oceania on their big victory and their threepeat!

It sure does sound like a broken record by now, I am not even sure I have anything witty left I could possibly say or do (after the ke$ha song last year) so I will just say that I darn hope someone beats you guys next year xD

But seriously though, huge kudos to BlueKirby who continues to run a seemingly flawless team and to the whole team, especially Earthworm, who just seem to always come out on top when their back is against the wall.

Another world cup in the books, thanks everyone for participating this year and making this arguably the best tournament on Smogon. See you all next year!

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Well, now I know what it feels like to be left at the altar. And with my luck, and at this rate, that will happen too.

I normally try to not complain about hax and accept defeat graciously, but this finals round was complete and utter bullshit. The Sharks are the most undeserving trophy winners ever, not a single person on that roster deserves a trophy for this SPL season. The Alpha Ruiners were a better team and outplayed the Sharks and somehow managed to lose by conditions we had no control over. If ever a winner deserved to have an asterisk by their names, this would be it.

No, this wasn't any sort of cosmic balance, karma, or whatever you want to call it, not that I believe in those anyway. If those did exist, we would have won. This was nothing short of highway robbery that allowed an unworthy team filled with unworthy players and personnel to get (notice how I didn't say "win" or "earn") a trophy. No, it wasn't "meant to be", because nothing happens because it's supposed to. The Sharks first five "wins" came down to (in order): a freeze, a 50/50, an overheat miss, a freeze, and a choke. Not a single convincing win in the bunch. Not a single instance of being out-teamed or out-played. The Sharks might get the trophy, but it is definitely not deserved, as deserve had nothing to do with this. The Ruiners were better. The Ruiners are better. The Ruiners know this, and anyone who paid any attention to this series would know that, hell the Sharks probably know that. It is nothing but a meaningless trophy.

This is all before we even get into all the shady under the table dealings the Sharks pulled, while showing no loyalty to any of their players. I don't know if I should be more pissed at the people behind the trade or the people that allowed it to happen. But hey, at least Husk gets to keep his SPL trophy without playing a single playoff game. And yeah, let's reward constant asshole behavior from the Sharks, from the top to the bottom of the organization. Speaking of which... look at MOP, thinking this trophy makes any sort of a difference, acting like it allows him to act like even more of an asshole than usual. You are still just the same player as before this all started, a player that has never accomplished anything. And if you did ghost any of those finals matches? You should be embarrassed if that is the best you could do. You and I both know just how much you lucked out here, no matter how you try to justify it to yourself. Funny thing though, if we won I was going to make a post bashing every single one of the Sharks players, and it would have been a hell of a lot better than your weak ass post.

I have no idea how a team can be bailed out by such improbable last minute luck time and time again. I guess the saying is true, "No one wins, one side just loses more slowly." This wasn't just "hax is part of the game" or "those are the breaks" kinds of hax, it was literally "no fucking way that could possibly have just happened" hax, in every important turn of every game. Hell, it was so improbable Smogon promptly shut down for a week afterwards rather than process it (and I should've followed suit...). The Sharks have to tell me, what demon did you sell your soul to for this? Because I obviously sold mine to the wrong one. I guess it isn't true that the devil you know is better than the one you don't...

To the Alpha Ruiners, now. First, thank you to all of our fans and everyone who supported us and helped us out throughout the regular season and the playoffs. To the players and management: we had a good run, I'm sorry it had to end that way. Back to back finals appearances is still plenty impressive. You all individually exceeded my expectations, you guys won, rose to the occasion, and had my back whenever I needed you guys to. I'm proud of every one of you, and you are all champions in my book, for whatever that is worth.

But fuck the Sharks, and fuck this game, I'm through with it.

PS
What the fuck happened to my Kate Beckinsale avatar?! It looks like Smogon really doesn't want me to stay...

Nice try phil

thanks to scofield for coming out of nowhere and making team west...last year im ever playing tho srsly

indra is dacopboss

loven is a dgf boss who used mostly no weather this whole tourney...props for that

bloo is cool but always leaves early

symphony was cool and was always on vacation

undisputed was also cool and was always on vacation also

i forgot snorlax was on our team

SDS used a ghetto ass team...a risk that didnt pay off but was very entertaining and made wcop fun

yee was a boss and i liked his presence..he will win wcop with whoever west has next year and was also goin to get a trophy if he had won

Anachronism tested a million teams and a ladder whore but couldnt make one to face iconic...kind of johns !

snunch i dont need to say much about that hasnt already been said...he gave it his all just wasnt good enough

philip is my bro and il see you at next comicon and you can tell me how west is doing in the wcop and how the metagame is than...cause i know your ass aint quitting

aldaron was a thug and supported west the whole time...and il say again hes a thug

SOT CAME BACK TOO LATE FUCK YOU

stellar tried to be like aldaron but wasnt as thug but still supported us

also LD AND DUSKIE FOR ALWAYS HARASSING ME ON XBL ABOUT POKEMON BUT REFUSED TO PLAY IN WCOP FKING JOHNS

last but not least i have to thank lady bug for obvious reasons

grats oceania i guess, i would feel the same way if he won...not really salty we lost...its pokemon the worst competitive game in the world nothing to be mad about

Haha, great job on the threepeat Team Oceania. Really sucks I wasn't able to play for you guys this year, but I'm still very happy you guys won it. Speaking of which, I'm really sorry about how I acted the night the roster was posted. I had never dealt with a situation like that before, and in hindsight, it was really dumb of me. Those who still may be bitter over my actions BK, should know that I'm not mad at being left out. You're my mates, and nothing will change that :) Good luck for WC7.

KotW

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
When people say "unlucky West" I have to think they are correct considering the last match we lost were entirely on team match-up. You can say "MVP Earthworm" but I'm pretty sure any member of Oceania could've played to a win in the conditions that were created. I'm not sure if the team match-ups were just a coincidence or if EW purposefully churns out flawed teams that only have an advantage versus his opponent's teams (the night before the match!!). Either way I think this is a flaw of BW when that can happen three years in a row. Especially, in finals of a huge tournament like this when each player is experienced to enough to bring a varied team that can stand up to most things. To have all 6 of your pokemon perfectly countered and then for it to happen again shortly after, is really unfortunate for team West. I suppose it's nice for everyone else that West lost and I imagine I sound like a sore loser but I've slept on the idea and I'm pretty sure our loss can be attributed to being perfectly counter-teamed. Whether it was coincidence or not I'm not sure. I have my evidence favoring the latter but regardless I just feel like it was a shitty conclusion to a tournament that had some pretty great matches early on.

Sorry if this offends anyone but I've talked to a lot of people and considered the situation for a while before posting. I don't mean to say anything like: Ocn didn't deserve to win, EW is a terrible player, etc. so please don't put words in my mouth.

I suppose what I meant to say was something like: "Yo, Oceania. I'm really happy for you, I'm going to let you finish, but West had one of the best performances of all time.'

Well, I guess this is the end of the road. I had a great time my West bros, I am just sad that I never got to play a match. Congrats to Oceania for their 3-peat.

Scofield: Thanks a lot for including me in your roster this year and for bringing together a team at the last minute. Your perfect record is indication enough that you know your stuff, and I like to think that I learned a thing or two in our teambuilding conversations and test games. If you are still around next year I hope I will have the pleasure of being teammates again.

Philip7086: I can't tell you how much I respect this guy. He has a full time job and still has plenty of time to make teams better than mine. I always think his teams look silly and then he just wrecks me with them. I still don't understand it. Anyway, I hope there is time enough in your busy schedule to play some more pokes down the line.

Bloo: What strikes me as interesting about Bloo is that he is this smart guy that is completely unassuming. He is quite a sensation this gen, yet he doesn't have the attitude that you might expect from a two-row badger. His excellent performance in the early rounds was followed by some heartbreaking losses, but he didn't let it get to him, and I respect that.

Symphonyx64: It was great to work with my old team trials partner again, and I have to say that he impressed me a lot more this time around. When the tournament just started I had my sights set on his spot in the starting roster, but his solid record and win against Chaser left no doubt in my mind that he deserved his spot every bit.

undisputed: We had a few arguments, but I still respect his game quite a bit. He really brought it when I was subbed out against Iconic, and I appreciate him saving my ass there. I hope we can work together again, and hopefully we will be on better terms next time.

remlabmez: This guy put up a solid performance for the team. Admittedly I swiped a few of his teams to try and brainstorm up one of my own. I certainly wouldn't mind playing on the same team again.

Indra: When Indra wasn't on vacation he played brought it for West, and for that we thank you. This guy had some insane epiphanies in math class that saved our ass a couple times too. Also, a COPBOSS.

SevenDeadlySins: You did a solid job of rallying together USWest in the beginning. I think you pretty much thought I was an idiot when we started, but hopefully we have a bit of mutual respect now and can try to get US West back together next year. Also, this guy's teams are ballsy as hell. Water Volcarona was pretty boss.

Little Loven: You choked a couple times, but you carried the team on your back when we needed it most, so thanks a lot for that. I hope you will be this clutch next year. Also, I think you evolved into BIG Loven. A name change is in order.

Snunch: Unfortunately Snunch didn't perform too well this year, but there were a couple moments during his matches where he just nailed some perfect predictions, and it gives me hope that next year Snunch will be a stud. I hope to see you then.

snorlax: I don't know what exactly happened to lax, but he hasn't shown up for months. I can understand if he had irl problems, but since I don't know what the situation was I'm going to have to call him our LVP.

yee: yee didn't make it onto the team, but he was probably the coolest guy in the channel, and he would have gotten the trophy over snorlax if we won. He was always so helpful and had constructive things to say all the time: a true team player. It would be a travesty if he wasn't at least a sub next year.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND!
West forever hold the broken dream of breaking the Oceania hatrick.

In any case, well done by both teams for making this one of the most intense Smogon tournaments ever.

Congrats Oceania! As a "complimentary" US west member its hard to just come up short but you guys earned it. Hanging with west this wcop was great and integrated me into the community much more than I had been.

Undisputed- My tutor, and the guy who got me to sign up. I could always count on you for sound advice whenever I needed it. Thanks for making me more confident as a player and more involved in tournaments!

Philip7086- No regrets on the tiebreaker, showing up with classic "Panamaxis" and playing as well as you could. Having you to fall back on to check our teams throughout the season was very assuring and it was nice to have that extra confidence in every match.

Scofield- Your leadership skills motivate me, you did really well making sure we were ready and setting an example putting everything into your matches and netting that sweet 5-0 record. Even if you couldn't get us a trophy, I know you got some hilarious personal revenge this final!

Remlabmez/Indra/BIG Loven- All DGF bosses. Ive never seen so much anti-john before, whenever any hint of it comes up you guys always come to mind.

Bloo- I didn't see you as often as everyone else but you know you were a strong presence in the team. Congrats on your frontier success, I was hoping to join you if you hadn't johned out of my challenge ;)

Symphonyx64- You were nice to talk to and really impressed me with your ability to live life so worry-free, not even worrying about matches throughout your day.

Seven Deadly Sins- Looking over QC threads a lot of people think you're a horrible monster thats quick to criticize but talking to you I never saw it. Great guy to build teams with, being open to try what may seem like a gimmick but only using it if its truly strong.

Anachronism- I think you were the first guy I met in the channel, explaining to me how to use IRC. It's been great talking to you being able to line up on our pokemon styles and our directions in real life.

Snunch- I heard a lot of rumors you were a crazy good player before meeting you through west. Despite what your record says I was still impressed and you never seemed short on suprising sets.

Aldaron- You get a lot bs for that proposal a long time ago but its cool with me. You might've been our best trash poster. I bet you're a great leader just like Scof and I saved the date already to sign up for your SPL team!

SoT- Another cool guy I met through the channel, your 4th gen rmt, US WEST: LETS GET IT was the first look at life on west before I knew about the WCOP and you guys looked like a lot of fun to hang with, your pokemon's nicknames all gave me a hint of what to expect.

Mithril- Just like me tried out and came up just short. I really think you should've talked more dude you only contributed good.

Lady Bug- Without your help we may not have made it out of prelims, so a huge thanks for making our season longer and more enjoyable! Your lulzy ladder teams are a lot of fun to watch and your 4th gen hail stall team was so great I decided to update it for myself this gen ;)

This WCOP has been the most fun pokemon related thing for me so far. Congrats again to Oceania!

http://pastebin.com/cMk8FEZf

LOL IS THIS GUY SERIOUS

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm still amazed at the balls it took to bring Aron to the WCoP finals. Congratz on the repeat Oceania and West for making it so far. US BEAST is going to catch you guys next year though.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
shout out posts as team west's official cheerleader:

Scofield - 5-0 boss, you're still a dumbass tho

Philip7086 - got me hooked on you know what strategy, solid record boss, you're still fat tho

Remlabmez - original dgf boss, you're still delusional tho (gonna come back next time)

Indra - DACOPBOSS, NEXT TIME JUST BUG BITE BS tho

Loven - CLUTCH AS FUK NIGGA IN FINALS, LOL STOP BEING LIKE KD24 AND SLEEPING EARLY BRO tho

Anachronism - um...try harder next time??? boss for pissin off phil like 18 times tho

yee - calc + random strategy boss, you're still whistle tho

SDS - boss for starting west, BUT WTF YOU USED WHIMSICOTT BRO tho

Symphonyx64 - nothin to say

snorlax - LOL GOOD JOB PULLIN A ME

tfc / ik - GOOD DECISIONS IN LIFE BROS

sot / ld / duskie - comon nigs...comon

hipmonlee - stand up gentleman who truly represented everything smogon stands for in this tournament ;)

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Why dont you guys just put that shit in your sigs.. I cant edit those..

[edit] - what do you know, it turns out I can edit them

When people say "unlucky West" I have to think they are correct considering the last match we lost were entirely on team match-up. You can say "MVP Earthworm" but I'm pretty sure any member of Oceania could've played to a win in the conditions that were created. I'm not sure if the team match-ups were just a coincidence or if EW purposefully churns out flawed teams that only have an advantage versus his opponent's teams (the night before the match!!). Either way I think this is a flaw of BW when that can happen three years in a row. Especially, in finals of a huge tournament like this when each player is experienced to enough to bring a varied team that can stand up to most things. To have all 6 of your pokemon perfectly countered and then for it to happen again shortly after, is really unfortunate for team West. I suppose it's nice for everyone else that West lost and I imagine I sound like a sore loser but I've slept on the idea and I'm pretty sure our loss can be attributed to being perfectly counter-teamed. Whether it was coincidence or not I'm not sure. I have my evidence favoring the latter but regardless I just feel like it was a shitty conclusion to a tournament that had some pretty great matches early on.

Sorry if this offends anyone but I've talked to a lot of people and considered the situation for a while before posting. I don't mean to say anything like: Ocn didn't deserve to win, EW is a terrible player, etc. so please don't put words in my mouth.

I suppose what I meant to say was something like: "Yo, Oceania. I'm really happy for you, I'm going to let you finish, but West had one of the best performances of all time.'
shutup

FUCK YEAH OCN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)