Finals The World Cup of Pokemon VII - Finals [Won by Team USA West]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny because I think only West members knew they were the best team this summer. I remember talking with one of my friends while I was in London, and we were discussing WCoP rosters that were just released a few days prior. I had West, LA, East and Asia being the top 4 which turned out to be really accurate.

aldaron
I'm hoping our era of mutual hatred is behind us. I actually think you're a nice level headed guy and usually agree with your posts, but I just like arguing with you for some reason. I look forward to whatever you have in store for BW2, and I'm sure it will be well done.

BKC
I know you're on East, but you're awesome and a great battler. Thanks for being a great friend to me, and you're the definition of hard work.

Bloo
You're a great battler but also one of the laziest players I ever seen haha. The one-two punch of you and Phil was easily WCoPs best in my opinion. You do a great job for Smogon play well, which is rare for upper Smogon Staff.

Indra
I didn't see you this year, but I could rest easy knowing you weren't giving a fuck, wherever you were.

Jumpluff
I appreciate how you're always super nice to me. Thanks!

Lavos Spawn
I wasn't around for tryouts, but when I saw the roster I knew you were a secret boss. Your trash talk in the WCoP thread was hilariously infuriating. I had fun testing with you, and I know you gained a much more in depth understanding of the game. Just seeing you improve from our very first tests to Pacific Hurricane to your final match vs. BKC was impressive. Great poise as a battler, and I have a feeling you'll be the next big thing, and people will still hate the whole way. Go get it.

LoveDestiny
I only met you at the end of WCoP, and you're a pretty weird dude. I think you're pretty funny though, and I'm disappointed I never got to meet you in the olden days of Smogon.

Loven
Shouldn't have ditched us ;)

Mithril
Cool dude, haven't talked to you in a while, but you've got a lot of dedication. Great job winning your match to force West into the tie break situation and ultimately the rest of the journey. I'm proud of you, and like Phil said, speak up! I'm sure you've got some great ideas to offer everyone.

Moet
I tested one match against you I think, and you're a good battler. You definitely deserved a spot on the roster, and it was good to see you put on it.

mostwanted
Level headed, intelligent player. Can't ask for more when it comes to battling consistency as I saw when we played. Clutch win in the finals, and great job throughout the WCoP. If you want it, you've more than got the skill to get it. Thanks a lot ;)

Myzozoa
I will forever wonder what a Myzozoa is, but it's a nice mystery anyway. I remember asking you for advice in a college thread in a forum, and I found you really interesting. Fast forward to World Cup, and you bossed. I think your reputation for Heavy Offense worked to your advantage sometimes and played mind games with your opponents. When we tested, your sets were pretty cool and refreshing (like choice scarf lead deod, that thing is a boss) and you were the luckiest guy ever. But luck or not, you demonstrated your aptitude for this game and were really impressive all around.

Oristeros
I didn't talk with you much, but I remembered you dominating BW when it first came out. Then you left for Asia or something but came back and picked up right where you left off. You're one of the best tactical players I've seen play the game, and it's really amazing to watch you work.

Philip7086
Obviously a great guy and the man to whom I owe a lot of my success. I feel like every world cup champion needs a Superstar and that is you. Your teams are great, your playing ability is unreal, and even if you didn't have the success you wanted this year, you're still unbelievable and I'd count on you for a tie break every single day of the week, year, and forever. Plus your frontier success speaks for itself, you just got unlucky this WCoP.

remlabmez
I downloaded LoL and am practicing. Whenever I get sufficiently good enough to not embarrass myself in a game with you, I'd love to play.

Scofield
I saw you online only briefly this year, but you're a good guy. I remember you welcoming me back when I got back from Europe, and I really appreciated it. I still look up to you as one of the old guard members, and you have my respect.

Seven Deadly Sins
Where were you this year???????

symphonyx64
Good friend, good teammate. I've known you for what seems like forever, and you're a really nice guy. Always greeting everyone in #usbest and keeping conversation going. Don't overexert yourself in the Politics thread, most of them can't even vote. It was cool to have you in the channel and hang with you for another summer.

TFC
I don't understand how you never play anything but official tournaments and still play well. It just doesn't make cents. Glad you came back to West and led the charge for the trophy.

USA East
When the World Cup started, I knew you guys would be good. I don't think you had any one "star player" like some other teams had, but you had an incredibly solid roster with no weak links. You should all be really proud of getting to the Finals, as it's no easy feat for anyone. Shout out to Stone for being a classy manager, and shout out to the rest of you guys for being classy even in defeat. I know you'll be a strong team next year, and if West's run is any indication, set your sights on the Cup. You're right there.

yee
Really proud of you dude. You've grown immensely from our tutoring, and hanging around West developed your skills a lot. Absolutely clutch performance going 4-0 in pool play and picking up another win in the Semis. West wouldn't have gotten to the playoffs if you hadn't emerged with the team on your back.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Stealing Phil's shout-out outline just like the rest of the team will! I'm happy as fuck about getting my first trophy with you guys and things like people doubting us, even smaller things like the trophy being my favorite color, makes this sweeter for me. Now is a better chance than ever to say I'm sorry for going all Judas last year and ditching USA WEST, I'm learning more about my Jap honor I promise. This will be the longest post I have ever written and hopefully will ever write.

aldaron
Aldaron you didn't help me at all BUT I know you helped Phil out so thats all that matters for me. Talking about One Piece with you and the others in your chan is always interesting for me and it has led me to read and get into things I doubt I would've read before. Despite all the crap you've gotten you're a cool dude and I'm happy you put the cheerleader uniform on for West this year.

Bloo
While you can be lazy, something that I can easily relate to, you were fucking clutch. You're a damn good pokemon player and being Phil's Smogon apprentice I think it's fitting that you were the one that finally brought West to victory, something Phil couldn't do!

Earthworm
Had I been asked a year ago I would've been like LD, FUK OCEANIA. After all the help you and pana have given West I just can't find it in me to say that anymore. Teams, tests, and a private PO server I don't know if there was anyway you could have been more helpful, THANK YOU WORMS.

Indra
Without Garchomp in the metagame you just couldn't give enough of a fuck.

Lady_Bug
You were the one that allowed West to succeed last year, screwing over Asia and possibly goofball in the process. This year you tested with us and helped us build, all while being awesome in our team chat. Phil forgot to mention you in his shoutouts after all of that. You are one of the people I enjoy watching the most, using things like Weezing+Hitmontop in OU and WINNING, if you gave more a fuck you'd be winning tournaments all the damn time.

Lavos Spawn
After seeing your try outs I knew you'd be the "diamond in the rough" for us this year. While I wasn't a fan of your earlier posts it grew on me and I think you've matured during the season. I'm sure people are going to be annoyed that you got the blue trophy but you totally deserve it and I'm looking forward to seeing your accomplishments in the future.

LoveDestiny
You're from SF and now you live in Sac which must be boring as hell. You're a damn good DPP player and I wish you could've somehow been on the team this season, even with BW being lame. If you have the same luck in school that you have in DPP, you could end up with a better job than a certain Sony worker.

Loven
Should have stayed!

Mithril
Dukefan5, I remember when Stone was tutoring you. You've stuck around with West for years now and I'm happy that you were on the winning team. Thanks your taking over for me when my comp was screwing up in R1!

Moet
I don't think you had the chance to go out and boss during the tournament but I know you could and thats all I care about. I hope next WCoP you can show just how much you could've wrecked.

mostwanted
You've done great this season! Some kinda crap happened at the end but I don't give a single shit about that, don't let it spoil your win.

Myzozoa
I remember you trying out at the same time as me those years ago and your HO has always been solid. I was surprised you didn't make it back then and I'm happy that you were along for the ride this year. You bossed it up without having to change your style and I don't think anyone can say you don't deserve the trophy.

Oristeros
You laddered on Shoddy and disappeared so it was surprising to see you playing with West. I never liked facing you on ladder however long ago that was because I knew I was in for a hard matchup but that made you being on the team that much better for me.

panamaxis
Phil ruined the end of DBZ for you while helping us out and we learned that Mercenary Tao is actually a really cool and attractive character. Having you around was awesome and half of West was considering your team in the finals. You also helped us discover that I am the Riddle Boss, one day worms might be able to find out whats in your pocket. It was good to have you helping us and I wonder if we could've been as successful without your help.

Philip7086
I think it's funny that most of the time it'll be TFC YOU DUMB NIG but then in WCoP season it (mostly) becomes TFC BOSS YOU GOT THIS. Pokemon like Mienshao are cool but I don't think any set talked about this season can ever be as legendary as PHILGROSS. Multiple users have pointed out some kind of similarity between us, I still havent really seen it but I'll take it as a compliment. I've known you for a pretty damn good amount of time now so don't be afraid to send any Sony stuff my way, I doubt you'd be able to get your hands on fightsticks but if it ever happens don't forget to hook me up. OH and if you do that Sony tour bring it to San Francisco State, I don't go there but I'd be able to get to it easily.

remlabmez
Some of my friends were trying to get me into LoL before WCoP started and I decided against it so I could focus more on mons, its pretty damn possible I could've ended up the way you are now lol. Even with the LoL brainwashing you still played games and were on the winning team, with the time you put into West in the past you should just be able to keep the blue forever. Hopefully the salt involving oceania and Gallade has now faded.

Scofield
Ey capt, you didn't play any games this season but like Phil and rem you've put years into West and still deserve the blue. I'm not sure what you're doing now but hopefully you'll come onto irc and give whistle more lines to put into his sig. Kate Beckinsale was pretty fuckin hot in Total Rekall btw.

Shiki
Thanks for listening to the times I was totally annoyed by this game and believing in my trophy endeavors. I think it's hilarious that NOT Phil will not let you into the West chan during the season.

Stone_Cold
You could've been put under USA East but since you were the captain and you've been my friend for years now you get a separate one. We were in the first all American final, Cong, and have had a bunch of random talks and random shit, GOOD ASS TIMES. Hopefully you won't be salty(or at least too salty) about missing out on the trophy cause you're a cool ass person and talking about manga or whatever else is something I'll always be up to.

SoT
I don't think you were on irc during the season and you might not even see this but you tutored me and were on West for years, DAM BOSS THANK YOU.

symphonyx64
It's too bad you were too busy to play but you still got a trophy and hopefully enjoyed your internship. I'll never understand why you like Mitt Romney or PO2 so much, it confuses me so much I can only think of a few things to say. What is your opinion of me based on our encounters on irc, simulators, the forum and my contributions to this website? Also tell me what you think of my battling skill.

undisputed
Und you were basically in the same situation as symph but luckily you got some blue with your badges. I've known you for a long time now and played with you in SPL, you're a cool guy and hopefully mons wont totally suck for you so that you'll still be on irc.

USA East
Our teams made the first all American final, how fucking cool. Badass, yondie, Stone, lamp, you're all people I've talked to a damn good amount and I'm happy that we could have such a good final.

yee
I met you last year and you're definetely a cool person(feelin like I said that too much in these shoutouts but there are a lot of cool people lol). You're one of my favorite people to build with and I feel much better about teams made with you than teams made by myself, too bad the BW shit factor is catching up to you. I haven't heard any story about big eating at McDonalds for awhile now so I'll be expecting one of those soon.

zwang
DAM YOUR MAKIRI CURSE, you are one of the few Smogoners I have met irl and if you're coming up for the next norcal vgc let me know. You also have an amazing pair of shorts, they look comfy and easy to wear.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Short individual shout-outs:

aldaron

Very interesting person to talk to. Because he agrees with me on quite a bit of things (and doesn't talk with me about anything we disagree with) I think he's one of the smartest and 'best' users on this site.

Bloo
Amazingly clutch battler. Very helpful in testing and his teams gave me a lot of ideas for new BW1 teams, too bad that ship has sailed.

Earthworm

Really great to test with you, even though I lost to rey anyway, I think I learned more from playing against you than I have from anyone since I first started playing.

Indra
Lakers rock.

Lavos Spawn

At first I was like "who is this nig from beta,"
but you are a really good battler and all the drama was fun. You are a very versatile battler and an ideal starter for any team tournament.

LoveDestiny
Azelf should not be able to OHKO Heatran, it's just wrong. Was fun playing dpp again.

Moet
I can't believe you didn't play any games because when we tested you were better than solid. Playing against you really helped me figure out how to play against sun, even if I lost every time lol.

mostwanted- Helped start drama and just a general bad ass, next year we'll get that reyscarface, sir.

Oristeros
Lavos my or may not be Phil's MVP, but even though I didn't really talk to you or test with you much, in my mind you we're the most valuable player in this tournament after Bloo.

Philip7086 I could not ask for a better leader. Extremely good team builder and very easy to get a long with. You helped each player prepare for their games and that preparation is what made us the winners of this tournament.

panamaxis People using Alakazam has really broken my spirit about playing stall in BW, thanks bro.

remlabmez Sorry you got lucked a bunch. Your team is amazing, and you played well. If I ever decide to play LoL you can teach me how to play Karma and Morgana if you want.

Reyscarface Sorry about drama, kind of unfortunate because I'm probably the only player on West who actually likes you. THIS IS ARSENAL's YEAR.

symphonyx64- Obama 2012

TFC
It was fun playing dpp with you, reminds me of my days as a small boy.

undisputed Awesome testing with you, it would have been really cool to have you on the team, you are definitely good enough at BW to have played.

USA East

I don't know any of you, but I like Lamppost a lot from just briefly talking to him. Stone is kind of cool but sometimes i just wonder what he's compensating for, you know?

yee I lucked you like, 1000 times in testing so sorry about that. You are the cutest user on the team and one of the best balanced offense users I've played against. A great teammate who consistently took care of business against tough opponents.

Scofield I hope that I have made up for SPL 1, and even though you think I'm weird I respect you a lot. Thanks for helping lead the team.

I want to thank the whole team for being really awesome and putting up with me, because I know I'm a mildly annoying user who also lucks everyone in testing. You guys were very patient about all that. I'm really glad I was a part of our victory. Thanks again to Phil for putting me on the team and just being the nicest and coolest dude, period

Wow, I fail.

EXTRA SHOUT-OUT TO ONE OF MY BEST BUDS, DARKRAI!!!
This boss was the reason USA West even made it out of the prelims last year. Always classy af, always dgf. Dude makes the weirdest teams, and still bosses with them. Weezing? WTF? I've known Darkrai for longer than anybody that still plays I think, and he has grown to be one of my best friends on Smogon. Thanks for supporting USA West, bro. You have a place to stay if you ever visit here some day!

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
congrats westies, had a bunch of fun hanging out with you guys after ocn lost. Bring back astroman already phil. Congrats to East also for making the finals, in particular Stone for leading and making east what it is now.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So the team with the two admins wins.... rigged

jk ;]

Congrats West, very well deserved and a big hand for East too! GG America

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
also i broke my wrist the same day bloo wins? coincidence? I think not....karma got me she got me damn goood

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Brazil wasn't a team in 2009, which is when OCN debuted as a team. Since 2009, which is pretty much the start of the newest WCoP format, only west and OCN have always made it out of prelims. Brazil was made a team in 2010, but west and ocn have 1 year on Brazil :P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)