Tournament TLT: Round 3 (Losers Bracket Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
who's ready for some bingo
Welcome to the third week of TLT! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU

In order to fairly determine the three of these seven tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both eliminate two tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order once more. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: Eyan is a one seed, while Natalie is a sixteen seed. Natalie, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate UU. Eyan follows with RU. Natalie then eliminates Doubles OU, and Eyan eliminates LC. Of the three tiers remaining, Eyan, the higher seed, chooses to play NU first. Eyan then loses game one, and chooses to play OU next. Should it go to game three, the game mode would be Ubers.)

Basic tournament rules - you should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship
: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for three days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round Three Losers Bracket Matchups
Hell Rayquaza11 vs -Latios-
(USAPIKACHU2K7 vs lightning1870 ) vs Abyssal Ruins
Trace vs leo05051998
t0te vs byronthewellwell
Hamhamhamham vs Skelos
Plas vs Mohican
Akiko Yosano vs Roseybear
Luthier vs Osh
Jrsmash9 vs Mysterious M
Trade vs Karalynia
Chloe vs MiyoKa
blinkboy vs MS3D
(Ark vs Poison Adhesive ) vs Mikaav
OminousDraco vs PokemonCestDur
Kingofcrimea vs youmu@poke
Pradhaaan vs Ninjadog~
The higher seed is on the left side of the matchups. However, if Poison Adhesive defeats Ark, Mikaav would be considered the higher seed.​

This round ends November 26th at 11:59pm (GMT -5).
The extension for round two ends November 22nd at 11:59pm (GMT -5). Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

ninjadog

levi of the decade
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Pradhaaan can you please unblock your profile or add me on Discord (Ninja#8225). I literally cannot contact you due to your privacy settings.

Edit: Playing UU, RU, and NU around 12:30am GMT+11 / 7pm GMT+5.5 on Friday night.

Last edited:

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Predictionaries

Hell Rayquaza11 vs -Latios- - Hellray keeps the losers bracket run alive with a 2-1 win over tempering
(USAPIKACHU2K7 vs lightning1870 ) vs Abyssal Ruins - Idk enough about the other 2
Trace vs leo05051998 - Trace should easily handle this
t0te vs byronthewellwell - Byron is good enough to win this round no problem
Hamhamhamham vs Skelos - Ham will rebound after a rough round 2 set
Plas vs Mohican - Go plas!
Akiko Yosano vs Roseybear - Go Rosey!
Luthier vs Osh - I don't see Osh losing this round
Jrsmash9 vs Mysterious M - MM will play all around better after the round 2 loss and pull out a 2-1 win
Trade vs Karalynia - Trade is getting no love, guy can do some damage in this tourny
Chloe vs MiyoKa - happened
blinkboy vs MS3D - I know more about blinkboy, and I think he can play this well
(Ark vs Poison Adhesive ) vs Mikaav - Defaulting to one of the favourites of this tour, but it's still early in the tour, and he should win this
OminousDraco vs PokemonCestDur - OD is a good player, He'll win this in a good 2-1 set
Kingofcrimea vs youmu@poke - Youmu wins this don't @ me
Pradhaaan vs Ninjadog~ - Proven wrong by ninjadog last round, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time around

some predicts

Hell Rayquaza11 vs -Latios- i think this depends on what tiers will be played (aka i dont rly know both )
(USAPIKACHU2K7 vs lightning1870 ) vs Abyssal Ruins -the least whack name wins this
Trace vs leo05051998 -i dont think hell be stopped anytime soon after beating pd
t0te vs byronthewellwell - Go byron you got this
Hamhamhamham vs Skelos - better player imo
Plas vs Mohican - Go plas!
Akiko Yosano vs Roseybear - pretty happy with how i played this, ggs and rly enjoyed it
Luthier vs Osh - I don't see Osh losing this round
Jrsmash9 vs Mysterious M - he should have this
Trade vs Karalynia - dunno but trade looked more solid overall
Chloe vs MiyoKa - happened
blinkboy vs MS3D - idk
(Ark vs Poison Adhesive ) vs Mikaav - Ark should definitly win these
OminousDraco vs PokemonCestDur - interesting series but od should have this
Kingofcrimea vs youmu@poke - idk
Pradhaaan vs Ninjadog~ - should be a good one

Grats to Akiko Yosano I had fun too and wish you the best of luck in the future rounds.

Now that I'm out of this tournament I'm pretty glad I got the chance to play in TLT, even if I did poorly round 1 and 3, I've enjoyed playing tiers like NU, RU and Ubers; they can be very fun to play and would love to get better at these tiers in the future.

Giving Natalie a shout out for being a great host so far and to the people who supported me in this tournament, now I can enjoy spectating TLT even more now.

my predictions for r3 i never really predicted before but seems nice so might as well give it a try(also nobody's posting anything i am getting bored)
Hell Rayquaza11 vs Latios:i am not sure about this latios guy i won't predict my own match so i just wanna say glhf
(USAPIKACHU2K7 vs lightning1870 ) vs Abyssal Ruins:not too sure about anyone of them but i think i saw lightning battle once he seems good+Jrdn also said it and he's far more experienced than me so let's just go with that
Trace vs leo05051998:seriously i don't expect a guy who beat PD to lose to lose that quick and leo05051998 seems decent but i don't know much about him+trace seems to be one of the tour favourates
t0te vs byronthewellwell:not sure about either one so taking a solid guess
hamhamhamham vs skelos:not sure about skelos but if hamhamhamham loses again i will be really shocked
Plas vs Mohican:people were calling plas and parivard's match a HL match and if plas is really that good to go toe to toe with parivard i honestly don't see him losing to mohican i saw mohican's matches and they were pretty good but still i give it to Plas
Akiko Yosano vs Roseybear:happened
Luthier vs osh:happened
Jrsmash9 vs Mysterious M:happened
Trade vs Karalynia:Trade better not lose
Chloe vs Miyoka:happened
blinkboy vs MS3D:no clue
(Ark vs Poison Adhesive) vs Mikaav:again solid guess
OminousDraco vs pokemoncestdur:if he can beat PD PokemonCestDur he isn't going down yet i think. yea i gave him the Trace treatment so?
Kingofcrimea vs youmupoke:not sure who the other guy is but youmupoke should be able to win after that round 2 upset against london13
Pradhaaan vs Ninjadog~:definitely one of the HL matches close but i give it to NinjaDog~

Some fun predictions by me, It's supposed to be light-hearted

Hell Rayquaza11 vs -Latios- - Indian
(USAPIKACHU2K7 vs lightning1870 ) vs Abyssal Ruins - Were you born in 1870?
Trace vs leo05051998 - guy who lost to bdov vs leo birthday, obvious choice.
t0te vs byronthewellwell - don't know t0te + byron is solid
Hamhamhamham vs Skelos - hamx4
Plas vs Mohican - Plas only loses to indians
Akiko Yosano vs Roseybear - Generally, solid in most tiers
Luthier vs Osh - Luthier is a tryhard
Jrsmash9 vs Mysterious M - Mysterious M will disconnect, only for Jrsmash9 to turn on timer and take the W
Trade vs Karalynia - karo <3
Chloe vs MiyoKa - MiyoKa will be haxed out or will be ghosted then will proceed to call the wins illegitimate
blinkboy vs MS3D - b l i n k b o y
(Ark vs Poison Adhesive ) vs Mikaav - unfort r1 for Ark but he'll bounce back
OminousDraco vs PokemonCestDur - Pokemon is tough and so will the win be for PokemonCestDur
Kingofcrimea vs youmu@poke - don't know
Pradhaaan vs Ninjadog~ - INDIA ZINDABAD

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
EDIT: playing a g3 currently, g2 doesnt count
*EDIT AGAIN: game 2's result is up to Natalie, but my team had Serperior, which apparently dropped due to USUM. Neither of us knew, and my opponent, Hell Rayquaza1, didn't mind the Liquidation Mega Sharpedo either, as it didn't change anything in the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)