Tournament TLT: Tours' Leaderboard Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol haven't logged into Smogon for years. In cause I somehow won tours and cause Natalie made an effort to contact me. Dont expect much.

(GMT +12)

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Hello friends,

As most are aware, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon is right around the corner. We're sure many of you are as hyped as we are for its release! Because of this, we've decided to shift TLT from an SM tour to an USUM tour. Sadly, we're delaying the starting time of the tournament two weeks (from November 6th to November 20th) as the game releases on the 17th. We apologize for this inconveniently late announcement but look forward to seeing exciting USUM games!

If you have any questions/concerns, I strongly encourage you to pm me!

Last edited:

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Hi folks,

I've talked to about 30 of the qualified players in the past day, as well as other community members. As it turns out, many of you were unhappy with the late change to USUM regarding TLT's tiers, and reasonably so. Many were apprehensive about such a drastic change so late into qualifying for the tour. Concerns were also raised about tier stability as well as making effective teams on such short notice, among others. Because of this and other factors, TLT will be reverted back to SM metagames, with no additional changes to the tournament. Originally converting to USUM was a decision that was reached by myself after consulting prominent Smogon Tournament figures, as well as my fellow staff. It's clear to me now that I should have approached the playerbase before making this extreme change, and for that I apologize.

The tournament will again begin on November 6th, as previously planned.

I apologize for the runaround, and will attempt to do better with the remainder of this tournament.

Last edited:

explodingdaisies

What's the point of talking if nobody ever listens
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
No need for apology. You did what you thought would be best. While I'm very excited for the new meta, unfortunately, having it so soon after USUM starts will have everything in chaos. With the new meta, tiers (namely OU and UU) will be in a huge state of flux amd will make teambuilding an absolute nightmare.

Does this mean that when usum does come out we'll have to convert midway through the tour, or will it be fixed in the current meta from the start of round one? Sorry if I'm being dense but just looking for clarification

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Hello all, the fourth cycle of the TLT qualifying period has ended. Congratulations to our final 16 qualifiers!

[#. Smogon Name (PS name) [# of points]]
  1. parivard (parivard) [140]
  2. Whitewash (Cam) [112]
  3. Ark (1 falling loaf) [74]
  4. Hell Rayquaza11 (Hell Rayquaza 1) [73]
  5. FMG (FMG) [71]
  6. TheFranklin (arce9) [69]
  7. SANJAY (sos ugly god) [67]
  8. Mikaav (Mikaav) [66]
  9. neomon (neomon) [65]
  10. MS3D (MS3D) [65]
  11. Microwavable (Kang Daniel) [59]
  12. Uwoodz03 (Uwoodz) [55]
  13. Abyssal Ruins (keeping it icy) [52]
  14. Poison Adhesive (Poison Adhesive) [50]
  15. Skelos (Pizzaguy23) [50]
  16. jasprose (jasprose) [49]
Subs
17. Brawlion [49]
18. Karolynia [46]
19. Kiwi Della R0bbia [44]
20. chemcoop [41]

If you qualified, please confirm your spot in this thread by November 5th.

Congrats again to everyone who qualified during cycle 4! Feel free to discuss any concerns or questions you may have in this thread, or by messaging any staff member of the tournaments room. Thanks for a good final cycle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)