TrainerSplash's Second Not Quite as-Long Named Art thread

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Hellooo everyone, and welcome to the reboot of my art thread! First off a small introduction: I'm a senior high school art student who studies animation, comics, and other funsy stuff (if that's even a word)! I want make animations, cartoons and video games, along with official/promotional artwork for those. As a current artist I have many original ideas for lots of cartoons and video game ideas I have. I make digital art and comics of mostly cartoons such as my original stuff, Pokemon and many Nintendo franchises.
I also tend to post stuff on Twitter, Deviant Art and my Tumblr!

Here are some quick examples of my art:
A current project to create all 722 Pokemon including some forms including some from the anime and spin-offs.

Some sprites I made for the XY Sprite Project (edits and non edits), and showdown avatar sprites.

A Mega Sceptile I "doodled" in class

Other things that don't have a specific category:

Can't say I'll have a good schedule, and I'll mostly post whenever I want. I plan to post some comics and stuff in the future so be on the look out for those.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thus far, your work looks promising! Your artwork is full of personality; I get positive vibes from pieces like the Slateport City illustration, where there's activity going on all over the composition, and every character is up to something fun. Sorta reminds me of those old "Let's Find Pokemon" books that I used to love as a kid. That 722-pokemon project is ambitious to say the least, but if you're dedicated, go for it.

Your Mega Sceptile is pretty impressive, too. I'm assuming the decision to go with a lineless painting was a step outside of your comfort zone, but the proportions look on-point and there's a nice variety of color with the touches of yellow in its skin. The way it's cropped though makes it look more like his entire arm is bending backwards, rather than just the leaf extruding from it. It's nothing urgent, but something to keep in mind regardless.

Make sure you keep studying facial and anatomical proportions, and keep a close eye out for any anatomical errors, such as lopsided eyes, scrunched faces, etc. Otherwise, your artwork super neat!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I like the cartoony style of yours, definitely lovely to watch.
Attempting the line-less Sceptile is also interesting. It's also good, but I'd prefer your lined art. I think it needs more shading.

Just that I would make these changes to the faces and eye position:
新畫布.png

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Oh my god, I haven't posted since may. most of the stuff I'm posting today are sprites, I'll see if I can actually post some actual stuff later.
My single non-sprite art piece for now, quality is a bit low in terms of proportion and coloring, but I think I made it look decent. Also I'm still struggling with fire a bit, so if anyone would like to give some tips on that, be my guest.

THERE IS POKEMON SUN AND MOON SPOILERS, DO NOT CLICK THIS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)