Tutor Profiles - PM THE MODS TO APPLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If think you are qualified to be a tutor, please PM Plus, IronBullet, Leftiez, Jio and Shiba with the following application as to why you think you would be a good fit. If you were previously a tutor on Smogon, you must still PM us, though we will most likely grandfather you in.
Username:
Timezone:
Regular Online Hours (in EST):
References:
Tier(s):
Accomplishments in the respective tier (tournament, ladder, or voting success):
Only approved tutors may post in this thread. Posting here without getting approval is grounds for an infraction, so don't do it. We don't care if you're the Battling Jesus on these forums, everybody goes through the same channels.

This is an opportunity for anyone looking to share their wealth of experience and knowledge of competitive Pokemon to become recognized contributors of Smogon. We are looking for members who able to teach new or inexperienced players. Individuals looking to be a tutor should be proficient in all of the metagames they apply for. Battling 101 is one of the most important parts of the site because it molds an upcoming generation of players. Being a tutor requires patience and dedication to help their apprentices learn. Tutors that have proven to fulfill their duties with regularity will earn a badge and be upgraded to community member status.

Common sense things to note that I will go over anyway regarding filling this template out:
  • Please don't use joeschmoe123 as a reference and please don't use a user who doesn't play Pokemon as a reference. Use some well respected players in tournaments or ladders or the metagame forums or whatever, but we don't give a shit if your mom can vouch for your pokemon skills.
  • I don't ask for much with accomplishments, I'm just asking that there's participation in official smogon tournaments (OST, SPL, Frontier, Tour, Grand Slam, WCOP, OLT) and that there's moderate success in these depending on who you've played. As far as ladders go, shoot for top 5 or at least top 10 in OU.
  • If you don't see your tier / metagame listed in any of the posts below, WE AREN'T DOING THEM. No RBY LC, no randbats, no 1v1s, no Lv. 47 Orange-Pokemon-only ADV. I'll add tiers and metagames as I see fit or when leaders of specific metagames would like to contact me about it.
  • Please do something on Smogon before applying. Whether this is playing in tournaments or posting in metagame forums or rating teams, do something on the forums first. Forum integration is part of our evaluation rubric and if you don't know anything worth a damn on these forums then it's best not to apply.
Once you have been accepted, you may post your profile. Here is the information it should include:
Username: Kevin Garrett
Available: No
Timezone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 2PM-12AM
Tier(s): BW OU, DPP OU, ADV OU
Personal Profile: I enjoy sharing everything I learned playing Pokemon and see other people become the best they can be.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Username: Jirachee
Available: Yes
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 7 PM to 11 PM
Tier(s): BW OU
Personal Profile: pokegod

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Laga
Timezone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 11am-7pm
Tier(s): XY Doubles
Personal Profile: I am your regular Danish school bro in 10th grade (not sure what it translates to in the US) planning to study music, english and social science next year. I have been playing Doubles almost since the beginning and been around to see it become official, and I would love to share my knowledge of the tier.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Remedy (Reymedy on PS!)
Timezone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (in EST): At home at 2 PM up to 4 PM during the week. As for the week, I can manage to free some time almost anytime.
Tier(s): Bw OU / XY OU :yosh:
Personal Profile : Nothing new. Currently an accountant, still student in a French business school in order to become chartered accountant later on. I love Funk music above all, old school games, I praticed Handball for a long time, and Judo. Oh yea, I'm 22.
If you want to be tutored at LoL I could also lend a helping hand as long as you don't suck like Go10 or Aqualouis.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Trinitrotoluene
Availability: Yes
Timezone: GMT - 8 (PST) (PDT to account for Daylight Savings Time)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 11:00 A.M. - 1:00 A.M.
Tier(s): ORAS OU
Personal Profile: I am a 19 year-old dnb head & uni student that sometimes plays Pokemon at a modestly high level and owns the Competitive Tutoring and Rate My Team rooms on Pokemon Showdown!. If you want to get involved in the team rating business or improve yourself at Splatoon, I'm the guy to request.

I also have a Twitter handle which I use to rant about life in general that you can access through my forum sig. For mobile users, search @246_tritone on twitter to find it!

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Molk
Regular Online Hours: All day on weekends, after 4 PM on weekdays
Tier(s): BW2 RU / XY RU
Personal Profile: I'm just your average 16 year old guy that lives on Long Island, nothing really special. I'm the tier leader for the RU tier and i've been playing it ever since its inception in earlyish BW, not much else to say really :x.

Last edited:
Username: dice
Available: yes
Timezone: gmt-5
Regular Online Hours (in EST): can adjust to suit needs
Tier(s): dpp ou, oras uu, oras ubers
Personal Profile: loves dogs, open minded and mouthed, subscribes to eo ut mortisism, engages in unsavory activities

Last edited by a moderator:

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Audiosurfer
Timezone: GMT -6 (Central)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): now that it's summer anytime that's not like 12 am to 7 am (or 11am to 4pm on weekdays)
Tier(s): XY Doubles
Personal Profile: I love music (see my sig for my Last.fm), reading, and writing, among other things. Am an aspiring coder and writer. My username comes from the game Audiosurf, I've been playing Doubles since it first started on Smogon, and I am also the creator of the esteemed format Turbomons.

Last edited:

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Jio
Regular Online Hours (in EST): Monday/Wednesday: 2:00pm-11:00pm, Tuesday/Thursday: 6:00pm-11:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday: 3:30pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm-11:00pm
Tier(s): VGC 2014
Personal Profile: Been into competitive pokemon since DPP era. Became a VGC player in 2012 and I'm always down to help anyone with the ins and outs of this metagame

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: King UU
Regular hours: 6:00pm - 2:00am
Tiers: ORAS UU
Personal Profile: I can teach you what you want to know, and more. Always feel free to pm me for questions, regardless of your tutee status.

Last edited:
Reactions: pj

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: EonX-
Timezone: USA CST (AKA GMT -6)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): varies due to work. I'll generally be on for at least 3-5 hours a day.
Tier(s): ORAS RU, XY RU, BW2 RU
Personal Profile: I'm 22 from Tennessee, and Vaporeon is awesome. Aside from that, I play most things Nintendo. Pokemon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., etc. I do attend local anime conventions for what that's worth. I specialize in RU My main playstyle in RU is more of a balance/bulky offense playstyle, but I generally know how all teams should work. Currently a QC Member for RU and a Mentor in RU as well. Frequent #rarelyused and #mentor whenever I'm on IRC. Love to have fun and always up for trying to think a little outside the box to find something new that may become a threat.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: Bluwing
Available: yes.
Timezone: GMT +2
Regular Online Hours (in EST): I'm very active, and it can variate a lot, but i'm flexible so shouldn't be hard making lessons.
Tier(s): ORAS OU
Personal Profile: 19 yrs, male, norway.

Last edited:
Username: Steve Angello
Timezone: GMT+2
Regular online hours: I am very active, best days are wednesday and weekend.
Tiers: ORAS Ubers, XY Ubers, BW2 Ubers, ORAS OU
Personal Profile: I am a 19 years old, going to school, reached a couple of times #1 and I did the same job in a german forums.

Last edited:

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Reverb
Available: No
Timezone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EST): It varies, but I can make accommodations.
Tier(s): XY OU
Personal Profile: I'm a former tutor who came back from a long hiatus a few months ago. Many of my former tutees eventually became tutors.

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Mambo
Timezone: GMT -7
Regular Online Hours: 2pm to 11pm
Tier: XY LC, ORAS LC, DPP LC, RBY OU
Personal Profile: 17 years old, the only thing i do more than Pokemon is music.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Krauersaut
Available: Always :^]
Timezone: MST (GMT -7)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 1 PM - 2:00 A.M
Tier(s): XY Ubers/ORAS Ubers
Personal Profile: I currently reside in Calgary, Alberta - the one place in the world with no professional sports teams. I like to think I'm mature for my age, <insert Fireburn and Ubers Room age joke here> and try to make myself approachable and friendly. I'm quite active, and can be found on Mibbit or PS! almost all the time.

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno/ob
Timezone: GMT-7
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 7pm-3am in EST time
Tier(s): Smogon doubles OU, ORAS ubers
Personal Profile: I'm a psychology major. My main tiers are ubers and doubles. I enjoy helping others improve and yeah n_n also I do not approve of the cults frequently seen in the doubles room on ps.

Last edited:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Username: IronBullet93
Timezone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 9am-11am, 4pm-6pm
Tiers(s): XY UU / BW OU / DPP OU
Personal Profile: 20 year old maths graduate. Love tennis and the Beatles. Recently returned to play competitively from the mountains where I've been training for 2 years.

Username: Sweep
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 3:00 P.M.-1:30 A.M.
Tier(s): XY Ubers, BW Ubers
Personal Profile: I enjoy watching college football & the NFL, music, and just hanging out in general. Pokemon is the only game I play and my favorite hobby is bullying Haruno on Pokemon Showdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)