Metagame Typemons

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
I think Sticky Web, Spore and possibly Tapu Koko should be at least suspected. Sporetrio is absolute cancer, Sticky Web does make Bug a bit too good not to run, and Koko with Bolt Strike or Volt Tackle is essentially the same disturbingly powerful mon that was banned from STABmons.

Tapu Koko isn't that scary with electric because honestly electric doesn't offer you much besides strong koko and the gimmick of electrify msceptile. You don't get the power that other types offer you. Tail glow koko is honestly far scarier than bolt strike koko is.

Spore I'm personally still up in the air on, and sleep clause and terrain are both real factors that hinder its success compared to like BH.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Tapu Koko isn't that scary with electric because honestly electric doesn't offer you much besides strong koko and the gimmick of electrify msceptile. You don't get the power that other types offer you. Tail glow koko is honestly far scarier than bolt strike koko is.

Spore I'm personally still up in the air on, and sleep clause and terrain are both real factors that hinder its success compared to like BH.
Electric offers you Volt Switch Tangrowth, Volt Tackle Staraptor and Zap Cannon Mega Pidgeot.

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
Sticky Web is now BANNED from Typemons on all Pokemon that do not naturally learn it.

Sticky Web:

Sticky Web seems like an interesting addition to the metagame initially, but the condition is ridiculously centralizing in the tier as a whole. It's difficult to tell which Pokemon is packing Sticky Web from Team Preview, and nearly every Pokemon in the tier excels at setting it. Aerodactyl lays down Stealth Rock as Well, or Greninja can pack it as a surprise to aid a teammates sweep. Teams without Sticky Web find it difficult to deal with the strong wallbreakers Webs can pack. The sheer unpredictability and the ease with which webs is set up leads us to the conclusion that Webs is unequivocally broken.

Because of how Sticky Web nearly invalidates the viability of numerous typings and non-Sticky Web based offense, the council has decided to unanimously ban Sticky Web from Typemons, effective immediately. Tagging The Immortal

The reason we are suspecting a particular move that benefits various Pokemon instead of the one Pokemon that breaks it is beyond me.... At least 2 people in the council have access to common sense regarding spore not being ban worthy. Ban the abuser, not the tool it abuses. Its the combination of Arena Trap + Spore that makes the potent Sporetrio which is people's main complaint.

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
The reason we are suspecting a particular move that benefits various Pokemon instead of the one Pokemon that breaks it is beyond me.... At least 2 people in the council have access to common sense regarding spore not being ban worthy. Ban the abuser, not the tool it abuses. Its the combination of Arena Trap + Spore that makes the potent Sporetrio which is people's main complaint.
I voted No Ban on Spore, but SporeTrio is hardly the only issue. Plenty of Pokemon can abuse Spore exceedingly well, such as Spore + Z-Forests Curse Tapu Lele which can set up on a plethora of Pokemon. Spore is a very low-risk high reward move against almost every team that doesnt have Kartana/Tapu Bulu/Tangrowth, and those mons are killed by many spore abusers. Fire Types with Spore or Flying Types with Spore are basically guaranteed to sleep a Pokemon every game.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
never insult people when making points, it just makes you look less credible. the issue with spore isn't trapping. its the ability to nullify would-be-Counters to said pokemon. zard Y can shut down latios and other dragons for example, making its wallbreaking skills much more deadly, tapu koko xurkitree no longer needs to worry about tbolting when the opponents ground type is sleeping. spore on dugtrio is annoying, but its not really that big of an issue. sure, it guarentees a sleep on a mon you want, but enless duggy switches out, its essentially doing the same shit it did before, except now it has a 1/3 chance to beat certain mons it originally couldn't.

"ban the abuser not the tool it uses" would be correct if the tool in question wasnt the issue. but dugtrio is no better without spore, and ALL mons benefit from spore to the extent of being unhealthy. the problem is 1/6 mons on a grass team has access to reliable sleep. and you will never know until its too late, and your counter/check is now incapacitated and is a liability to your team for 2-3 turns.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
never insult people when making points, it just makes you look less credible. the issue with spore isn't trapping. its the ability to nullify would-be-Counters to said pokemon. zard Y can shut down latios and other dragons for example, making its wallbreaking skills much more deadly, tapu koko no longer needs to worry about tbolting when the opponents ground type is sleeping. spore on dugtrio is annoying, but its not really that big of an issue. sure, it guarentees a sleep on a mon you want, but enless duggy switches out, its essentially doing the same shit it did before, except now it has a 1/3 chance to beat certain mons it originally couldn't.

"ban the abuser not the tool it uses" would be correct if the tool in question wasnt the issue. but dugtrio is no better without spore, and ALL mons benefit from spore to the extent of being unhealthy. the problem is 1/6 mons on a grass team has access to reliable sleep. and you will never know until its too late, and your counter/check is now incapacitated and is a liability to your team for 2-3 turns.
I agree with most of this but just want to say never run Spore Koko, because Electric Terrain prevents grounded mons from sleeping.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
if you want to be really cheesy you can run no guard grasswhistle
Pidgeot-mega with Grass Whistle is already a common threat on Grass type teams.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Grass Whistle

Seed Flare now has perfect accuracy and is a far better coverage move than it's old HP Grass.
Also a 40% chance of heavily lowering the opponent's SpD is really good for a mon without setup.

Isnt this the same as stabmons?
No. In this metagame, your entire team gains access to every move of a single type of your choice, excluding the Normal-type because it's banned. Sticky Web, Quiver Dance, Shift Gear, and Geomancy are the exceptions, you can't use those illegally.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
So been messing around with a few Grass teams and thought I should share them since I believe the type to be one of the better ones currently after the Sticky Webs ban. Most of them take standard OU builds and I just adapt them to the TM metagame.

http://pokepast.es/b9f92d9d84ed4190

http://pokepast.es/a360ebd66f0bd7a4

http://pokepast.es/60096d187146002b

All these teams share one thing in common, and that is Spore Dugtrio. While I never agreed upon the argument of trapping to be inherently uncompetitive, I believe Sleep + trapping adds a whole new element to this claim. Thanks to Dugtrio's fast Speed, it is able to induce a majority of the targets it can trap and proceed to break through them with the combination of Screech + Z-Earthquake and can do this repeatedly thanks to Substitute. Obviously, opposing Grass-types do not fear this strategy, but this does not excuse the absurdity that Dugtrio can conduct to the rest of its prey. I believe either a complex ban of Sleep + trapping should be placed, if not, a complete ban of Dugtrio. Its really frustrating to face and can really skew counterplay.

Replay
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7typemons-612471700

I've been toying with work up mpidg to use the very probably free turn to great effect

Though i'm also using cotton guard clef so what do i know right

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
I've been toying with work up mpidg to use the very probably free turn to great effect

Though i'm also using cotton guard clef so what do i know right
I'm using a really stupid team with Leech Seed Shuckle and Cotton Guard Chansey. The worst part is that it works

I feel like there's a lot of people that are currently looking at superborked stuff in specific typings, but why not discuss something that works well with lots of types for a change?

tfw when you need to find different art than a different post about keldeo you made before

Keldeo feels a wee bit disrespected without as many appearances as he does in some other formats, where he tends to generally start nuking things off the face of the planet. In Typemons, he just sorta... doesn't exist. People love going ahead and using other threats, most notably that I've seen Greninja, as an offensive mon (in Greninja's case, an offensive Water-type), or they are running semi-stall or even full-on stall, which Keldeo doesn't really fit into. But hey, he actually does have some things that go for him!

...Since I apparently need to make this clear, I'm not saying Keldeo is better or a permanent replacement for Greninja. Keldeo just serves its own purpose over Gren on some teams, and shouldn't be ignored as being 'inferior'.

This statement here could completely go obsolete soon enough, but on Bug teams Tail Glow Keldeo is something to be feared. It doesn't hit nearly as hard as Ashgren does, and without just as much coverage, but not only do its dual STABs hit just about everything at +3 hard enough (Chansey can't wall due to Secret Sword), but it has instantaneous access to its Special Attack, whereas Greninja has to get a kill, usually with a Tail Glow boost. Heal Order's a way, either with Tail Glow or, even better, Calm Mind, to restore HP and give Keldeo a proper method of healing, allowing him to run soloattack sets with Scald, SubCM, and Heal Order, or just a setup, healing, and dual STAB. U-Turn is also a nice option, since pivoting out against walls that hard beat Keldeo ex. Toxapex and fat Grasses such as Tangrowth and Venusaur-Mega into other threats is always nice.

Dark also gives a few nice things, albeit being a niche and probably bad typing that only time will tell. Nasty Plot is a beggar's Tail Glow, and is definitely a worse option but lets you use Dark's wide supporting movepool with the rest of the team. Switcheroo can be run alongside Specs or Scarfed sets in order to throw off defensive teams, and instantly cripple walls. Against Venusaur Switcheroo won't work, so you don't really get any kudos there. Parting Shot is similar to U-Turn, except it can also be run with a Z-Crystal to give free healing to another ally, and can work as a surprise factor if your typing hasn't been revealed just yet or if you haven't revealed what mon is running Parting Shot. Memento is a poor man's Parting Shot, best only if you absolutely need to put Parting Shot onto something else, such as a Regenerator mon.

Ghost is also a type where Keldeo particularly can excel at. Z-Trick or Treat makes it impossible for Keldeo to hit a target with Secret Sword or Focus Blast, but gives +1 to every stat, turning uninvested Keldeo's average 91/90/90 bulk into the equivalent of an uninvested 91/145/145 Pokemon, which is very nice. Moongeist Beam forms perfect type coverage alongside Secret Sword, removing the need for any other attacks if hitting as many Pokemon super-effectively isn't your gist. However, Moongeist is best saved for proper Ghost-types like Gengar or Chandelure who can abuse its power, so Shadow Ball is a better option for Keldeo for the team. Z-Spite can be used as a poor man's form of healing, but it's best to not use that over Z-Trick or Treat for your Ghost-type Z-Crystal.

Then, there's a few types that help grind out its type coverage against specific types. Thunderbolt hits Flying-types that Scald or Hydro Pump don't properly hit and bulky Waters (notably Toxapex and the Slows). Ice Beam is nice for Dragons and bulky Grasses, especially Venusaur-Mega, who Keldeo can barely even do any damage to without (Ice Beam won't do much, but it can secure kills on low % Venus), and Dragonite/Salamence, who resist both other STABs. Searing Shot also hits Grasses, but also can hit Bug-types as well as serve as a neutral option for other moves + being fully accurate if running Hydro Pump + burns. Blue Flare is Searing Shot, but hits harder and probably is best left to something that really needs the power. Shadow Ball, as mentioned earlier, gives perfect neutral coverage alongside Fighting alone, but also lets Keldeo hit Ghost-types and bulky Psychic-types for super-effective damage. Oh, and Freeze-Dry exists for Water-types, but imo Secret Sword should hit hard enough..

Then, there's the bonus STAB options from Water and Fighting teams. Steam Eruption is incredibly nice as a spammable, high-powered Scald with the same chance to burn, although you may want to save it for something such as another Water-type on your team. Water Spout is perfect for Specs and Scarfed sets for dealing massive damage ala Ashgren in STABmons, as well as punishing switchins expecting a weaker Water move or a different typed move, if you haven't revealed your type just yet. Water Shuriken provides Water-typed Priority, although you have to rely on RNG to get good damage in. Vacuum Wave is really the only good Fighting move, which is special priority that Keldeo appreciates nonetheless. Aura Sphere exists, but if you want to hit Specially use Focus Blast, and if you want a fully accurate move just use Secret Sword.

TL;DR: Keldeo's a good mon who benefits from pretty much every type imaginable, and is an underrated threat. You should try picking him sometime.

If I made any mistakes here, just lemme know preferably not rudely. I'll try to correct them as time goes, but hopefully I got everything right...

[Edit 1: Thanks alephgalactus!]

Last edited:

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
I feel like there's a lot of people that are currently looking at superborked stuff in specific typings, but why not discuss something that works well with lots of types for a change?

tfw when you need to find different art than a different post about keldeo you made before

Keldeo feels a wee bit disrespected without as many appearances as he does in some other formats, where he tends to generally start nuking things off the face of the planet. In Typemons, he just sorta... doesn't exist. People love going ahead and using other threats, most notably that I've seen Greninja, as an offensive mon (in Greninja's case, an offensive Water-type), or they are running semi-stall or even full-on stall, which Keldeo doesn't really fit into. But hey, he actually does have some things that go for him!

...Since I apparently need to make this clear, I'm not saying Keldeo is better or a permanent replacement for Greninja. Keldeo just serves its own purpose over Gren on some teams, and shouldn't be ignored as being 'inferior'.

This statement here could completely go obsolete soon enough, but on Bug teams Tail Glow Keldeo is something to be feared. It doesn't hit nearly as hard as Ashgren does, and without just as much coverage, but not only do its dual STABs hit just about everything at +3 hard enough (Chansey can't wall due to Secret Sword), but it has instantaneous access to its Special Attack, whereas Greninja has to get a kill, usually with a Tail Glow boost. Heal Order's a way, either with Tail Glow or, even better, Calm Mind, to restore HP and give Keldeo a proper method of healing, allowing him to run soloattack sets with Scald, SubCM, and Heal Order, or just a setup, healing, and dual STAB. U-Turn is also a nice option, since pivoting out against walls that hard beat Keldeo ex. Toxapex and fat Grasses such as Tangrowth and Venusaur-Mega into other threats is always nice.

Dark also gives a few nice things, albeit being a niche and probably bad typing that only time will tell. Nasty Plot is a beggar's Tail Glow, and is definitely a worse option but lets you use Dark's wide supporting movepool with the rest of the team. Switcheroo can be run alongside Specs or Scarfed sets in order to throw off defensive teams, and instantly cripple walls. Against Venusaur Switcheroo won't work, so you don't really get any kudos there. Parting Shot is similar to U-Turn, except it can also be run with a Z-Crystal to give free healing to another ally, and can work as a surprise factor if your typing hasn't been revealed just yet or if you haven't revealed what mon is running Parting Shot. Memento is a poor man's Parting Shot, best only if you absolutely need to put Parting Shot onto something else, such as a Regenerator mon.

Ghost is also a type where Keldeo particularly can excel at. Z-Trick or Treat makes it impossible for Keldeo to hit a target with Secret Sword or Focus Blast, but gives +1 to every stat, turning uninvested Keldeo's average 91/90/90 bulk into the equivalent of an uninvested 91/145/145 Pokemon, which is very nice. Moongeist Beam forms perfect type coverage alongside Secret Sword, removing the need for any other attacks if hitting as many Pokemon super-effectively isn't your gist. However, Moongeist is best saved for proper Ghost-types like Gengar or Chandelure who can abuse its power, so Shadow Ball is a better option for Keldeo for the team. Z-Spite can be used as a poor man's form of healing, but it's best to not use that over Z-Trick or Treat for your Ghost-type Z-Crystal.

Then, there's a few types that help grind out its type coverage against specific types. Thunderbolt hits Flying-types that Scald or Hydro Pump don't properly hit and bulky Waters (notably Toxapex and the Slows). Ice Beam is nice for Dragons and bulky Grasses, especially Venusaur-Mega, who Keldeo can barely even do any damage to without (Ice Beam won't do much, but it can secure kills on low % Venus), and Dragonite/Salamence, who resist both other STABs. Flamethrower also hits Grasses, but also can hit Bug-types as well as serve as a neutral option for other moves + being fully accurate if running Hydro Pump. Fire Blast is Flamethrower, but hits harder and probably is best left to something that really needs the power. Shadow Ball, as mentioned earlier, gives perfect neutral coverage alongside Fighting alone, but also lets Keldeo hit Ghost-types and bulky Psychic-types for super-effective damage.

Then, there's the bonus STAB options from Water and Fighting teams. Steam Eruption is incredibly nice as a spammable, high-powered Scald with the same chance to burn, although you may want to save it for something such as another Water-type on your team. Water Spout is perfect for Specs and Scarfed sets for dealing massive damage ala Ashgren in STABmons, as well as punishing switchins expecting a weaker Water move or a different typed move, if you haven't revealed your type just yet. Water Shuriken provides Water-typed Priority, although you have to rely on RNG to get good damage in. Vacuum Wave is really the only good Fighting move, which is special priority that Keldeo appreciates nonetheless. Aura Sphere exists, but if you want to hit Specially use Focus Blast, and if you want a fully accurate move just use Secret Sword.

TL;DR: Keldeo's a good mon who benefits from pretty much every type imaginable, and is an underrated threat. You should try picking him sometime.

If I made any mistakes here, just lemme know preferably not rudely. I'll try to correct them as time goes, but hopefully I got everything right...
Ice Beam? What about Freeze-Dry? It gives coverage against bulky Waters in addition to all the other great coverage Ice provides.

Also, Searing Shot is objectively better than Flamethrower.

Ice Beam? What about Freeze-Dry? It gives coverage against bulky Waters in addition to all the other great coverage Ice provides.

Also, Searing Shot is objectively better than Flamethrower.
Freeze-Dry's a bit weaker, although yeah it exists. Kinda forget half of these moves exist since, well, while I do experiment, I don't see them enough in regular play to remember they exist. Searing Shot you did get me on, added both + Blue Flare.

thanks for being a good hooman

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
While Dugtrio doesn't look that centralizing, i am for suspecting it, and think that it needs a way to deal with on.
It invalidates slow mons that are :
  1. Not being immune to Spore [Grass type, Overcoat users, Safety Goggles users...]
    ... And even if they are, they need to survive a 180 BP Tectonic Rage. And they can be crippled -with Toxic for example- before then... and then, by simply using Substitute up to 4 times, Dugtrio can heavily lower their chance of surviving Tectonic Rage.

2. Not being immune to trapping [Shed Shell, Ghost and Flying types, Levitate...]
    ... But would that really change the deal ? Dugtrio can still threaten the other mons of the opposing team... of course it helps passive mons that can't use Safety Goggles for other reasons.

3. Just not immune to Ground [Flying types, Air Balloon, Levitate...]
    ... If you consider using an Air Balloon on all your slow mons... that's of course something.
    But it can just be destroyed by one of Dugtrio's teammates.

4. Not faster
    ... Huh... yeah... that's the point with Dugtrio.

5. Not having a way to pivot.
    ... And they need a way to pivot, to be immune to Spore, and to survive a 180 BP Tectonic Rage if they do so.

It doesn't look really impressive that way, but i honestly can't see the point of making a list of mons that can be trapped and KOed by Dugtrio (unless they have a Shed Shell or something), so i'll just move on something else...

Serperior.
One of the mons that made Fire teams so popular.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat / V-Create
- Substitute
- Leech Seed / Hidden Power Ground / Dragon Pulse

To be honest, at first it just looked "nice", but then i realized how centralizing it was, and that's really impressive

Let's see what are its answers and switch-ins...
  • Sap Sipper mons
Only Goodra and Azumarill can check it effectively. While Goodra is alright (despite the fact that it doesn't like a +2 Dragon Pulse), Azumarill isn't really good outside of its role of Serperior check.

• Unaware mons
And they can be crippled by Leech Seed + Substitute.
Clefable works, fortunately. There's also Eviolite Woobat but i don't think it's going to be helpful outside of this...

• Moves going through Substitute
If Serperior hasn't used V-Create : Infiltrator Crobat can OHKO it with Brave Bird, Infiltrator Noivern can OHKO it with Hurricane. Infiltrator Chandelure can OHKO it with Fire Blast/Flamethrower. Accelgor can OHKO an offensive Serperior after Stealth Rock damages, with Bug Buzz. Fortunately, choosing Bug type for your team gives Bug Buzz, which is helpful against Serperior.
  • Encore
Encore goes through Substitute and can force Serperior to switch.
  • Pidgeot-mega
Pidgeot-mega can outspeed and OHKO Serperior.
Thanks to a 100% accurate Grass Whistle, it also can put it to sleep to prevent Substitute spam.

If i forgot anything, just tell me and i'll correct my mistakes.

Approved by The Immortal

[Source]
Typemons
Typemons is a metagame where your entire team can use all the moves of a single chosen type. The idea behind this is to allow for teambuilding where there's distinct archetypes that all have unique playstyles while still having variation.
Rules:

Mechanic: All Pokemon on your team get access to all moves of a chosen type. The type is chosen for the entire team, not individual Pokemon.

Clauses:
- Standard OU clauses
- Each move can only be added to a team once.

Bans:
- OU banlist
- Sticky Web, Quiver Dance, Shift Gear, and Geomancy cannot be added as new moves
- Normal cannot be chosen as a type

Council: Halliday, Racool, sedertz, jrdn

Strategy:

Best types

Bug: Offensively, Bug Type gives some of its pokemon access to better stabs, such as Scizor finally being able to use leech life. More importantly, though, it gives teams access to Tail Glow, one of the best set up moves in the game. Support is where Bug really shines, though. It also grants defensive pokemon survivability through heal order.

Ground: Ground type is one of the best attacking types in the game, and allowing multiple pokemon on a team to abuse ground type coverage is phenomenal. The attacking moves are almost all great, as well. Earthquake, Precipice Blades, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves and Earth Power are all awesome move. Ground can also abuse strong Pokemon such as Excadrill using Thousand Arrows to blow past would be counters. Defensively, Ground is great as well, granting access to reliable recovering in Shore Up, and great support in Spikes.
Grass: Grass gets some nice coverage moves in Seed Flare, Power Whip, Horn Leech, and Wood Hammer, but where it really shines is defense. Ground gives access to great moves such as Leech Seed, Synthesis, Aromatherapy, Spore, Z-Forest's Curse, Sleep Powder, Spiky Shield, and Strength Sap. This wide variety of moves allows grass to buff many defensive pokemon.

[RESERVED POSTS]
There is a error for the part on grass you wrote grong instead of grass

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Priority - Yes, First Impression most likely nets a quick KO on Mega Sceptile, as does Ice Shard (you don't even have to use Ice as your type, just use Weavile or Mamoswine or something). But what if the opponent (or you for that matter) has Tapu Lele?
Lightning Rod, Motor Drive, Volt Absorb - Marowak-Alola and Thundy-T are both viable counters, but Rock Head is generally better on Marowak for most other purposes. Thundy-T seems like the prime Mega Sceptile counter in this meta.
Magic Bounce - Diancite isn't released (and Mega Diancie dies to Leaf Storm anyway), Espeon isn't viable, Mega Sableye can't kill it, and Absol needs to rely on the famously unreliable Play Rough.
Unaware - Sure, but it's so common that most teams will probably have a Clefable counter. And no one uses Swoobat. Quagsire is out of the question.
Mold Breaker - You made your points already; Haxorus and Kyu-B die to Dragon Pulse or whatever (not Draco, Sceptile doesn't get it), Mega Gyarados dies to Leaf Storm, and Excadrill can't switch in safely.
Contrary - Ok, but what if there are no webs? Then what?
Setup - Good luck not getting killed by the Sceptile while trying to set up.
Faster things immune to webs - These exist but are weak to Stealth Rock, which teams with Sticky Web will probably use specifically because of this. Other than that, they're fine.
PP stall - This takes too long. They'll find a way to kill you first.
Moongeist Beam and Sunsteel Strike - Yes, they ignore the Ability, but they're still Electric-type and therefore doubly resisted by Mega Sceptile.
Moongeist and Sunsteel Strike are 4x resisted by Mega-Sceptile though...
Unless the user is immune to Electrify such as Alolan Marowak.

Aren't all Ground types Immune to Electrify? Regardless, any Scarf Levitate, Flying-type or simply a faster Pokémon with Air Ballon, or any Contrary used won't lose Speed due to Sticky Web.
Contrary users like Serperior even get a Speed Boost so if it uses Draco Meteor it can KO Mega-Sceptile.

Landurus is part-Flying, so Sticky Web wont affect it, on a Scarf set (give it Flying STAB like Dragon Ascent) can counter Mega-Sceptile.
Excadrill with its ability under Sandstream (assuming no Sticky Web) can go first: give it Bug or Ice coverage like Life Orb Mega Horn and you can KO.

Don't forget about Leech Life Triage, Dragon Ascent Gale Wings, Taunt / Gastro Acid / Substitute Prankster, Trick Room, and Ground-types that are immune to Electrify. In fact, if you Outspeed with a Faster Skill Swap user, you get +1 SpA.

Also set-up moves Agility or Z-moves will let you go first next turn. Phaze moves that don't inflict damage should be fine, (Roar affects Ghosts).

Heatran, for example can set up Sub on Mega Sceptile and avoid Electrify.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)