UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OP stolen from nv
Approved by: Hogg & King UU
Art: provided by Cloud_Nine987; thanks to Colbrushie for past banner

UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Hello, everyone. I'm Amaroq. Throughout my time in UU, I have noticed that many newer players do not know how to build teams effectively or have no access to good teams to get started with. In an effort to rectify that, I have joined forces with several experienced UU players to host the UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab. Here users can post Pokemon sets / cores that they would like the Lab staff to build a team around and the Lab staff can reply with their team and the team building process we used so the requester can see our thought processes and better develop their ability to build their own teams in the future.

Also, in an effort to improve all of us and get some quality discussion for the thread, I'm going to propose that you guys take the builds we create, play ~5 games on the ladder with them at a decent rank, then link all replays and talk about how to expand your teambuilding from there.

Rules:

- Have a one paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people about what is good in the meta and how to build effective teams. (Think B- or above in the viability rankings). Furthermore, all requests must make sure that the Pokemon being requested to be built around are at least B- rank (or above) in the Viability Rankings. If you're requesting a core, make sure that you provide good reasoning as to why that core is worth building around in the current metagame. Even if only one Pokemon is to be built around, it must be viable enough in the current metagame to warrant receiving the time and effort of our staff. We reserve the right to decline any request that we do not feel meets the Lab's quality standards.
- Each user is allowed one request per week. If any user is found requesting multiple teams within that timeframe, the offending posts will be deleted and the user may see further punishment.

- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and, as such, will not be perfect. Edit them as you please. That being said, builders must be willing to take constructive criticism regarding their teams and those who point out the flaws of a builder's team should contribute to the team's improvement in a constructive manner so that the builders and the requesters can grow as players.
- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or for being unable to build around something themselves.
- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
- However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.

If you wish to become a member of the Lab staff, please PM me an application that follows the format below. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Lab's current staff.
1. Be knowledgeable regarding the UU tier and the current metagame
2. Provide evidence demonstrating your skills as a builder (RMT Team Showcase, etc.)
3. ~A paragraph in length describing how you build / what playstyle you are best at building (offense, stall, or balance, to be precise)

Current Builders
Amaroq
Hogg
Kreme
Euphonos
Sacri'
Manipulative
King UU
Pearl
Pak
TonyFlygon
Wanka
Consultants
YABO
Shiba
alohabrah | Tyrantrum and Haxorus | Offense |
Lord of Bays | Rock Polish Tyrantrum and SunnyBeam Mega Houndoom | Offense |
Black Buddha | Swords Dance Lucario + Swords Dance Toxicroak | Offense | Euphonos
citro | Venomoth | Offense or Balance | Pak
Hogg | Colbur Berry Jellicent + Calm Mind Reuniclus | TonyFlygon
Spoof | Choice Band Goodra | Balance | Euphonos
Siika | Feraligatr | Offense | TonyFlygon
Cheryl. | Choice Band Conkeldurr + Mega Beedrill | Euphonos
PinkDragonTamer | Choice Specs Sylveon + Swords Dance Cobalion | Offense |
WhimsicottIsBroken | Tailwind Nidoking | Offense | Pearl
tankmonx | Dragalge + Choice Band Krookodile | Offense or Balance |
mploz | Choice Specs Sylveon + Trapper Magneton | Offense or Balance |
ColdEdge | Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl + Empoleon | Offense or Balance |
JoarAddamNessosin | Specially Defensive Arcanine + Defensive Chesnaught + Calm Mind Suicune | Bulky Offense | Hogg
Deeerpz | Entei + Mega Blastoise | Offense or Balance |

Note: If you submitted a request in the last thread, please repost it here.
Thank you nv for hosting this so well and for so long. We appreciate your effort and I will do my best to run the Lab to the standards that you set.

Last edited:

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Teambuilding Lab Team Archive
Offense

Metagross + Hydreigon Offense
Builder: Manipulative
Client: Salamance

Bulk Up Tornadus Offense
Builder: Euphonos
Client: ChrystalFalchion

Mega Houndoom Offense
Builder: Amaroq
Client: TheMasterOP

Choice Band Tyrantrum + Choice Specs Hydreigon Offense
Builder: Kreme
Client: D Dancer

Espeon + Porygon Z Offense
Builder: Euphonos
Client: Yoshiblaze

Crawdaunt + Mega Sharpedo Offense
Builder: Hogg
Client: dmw

Krookodile + Sylveon Offense
Client: Sovjet Onion

Sylveon + Magneton Offense
Client: mploz

Suicune Offense
Client: TrulyDevious

Mega Abomasnow Offense
Builder: wanka
Client: cappino

Balance

RestTalk Suicune + Snorlax Balance
Client: lightninging

Bulk Up Conkeldurr + Nidoqueen Balance
Builder: Hogg
Client: Glitch.

Chesnaught Balance
Client: DragonGold123

Swords Dance Escavalier Balance
Builder: Pak
Client: Gorechomp

Stall

Last edited:

Amaroq

Cover me.
Using this post for announcements and administrative purposes because I have nothing else to do with it right now, it may eventually include overflow, past requests, anything else I need this for, etc.

Announcements
  • Builder Applications are open.
  • The UU Teambuilding Lab now accepts BW/DPP/ADV UU requests.

You may post now.

Last edited:
repost from last thread

Hey guys, I haven't played much pokemon in a while so I would like to request a team with Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Nidoqueen.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Although there's a psychic weakness between the two, they cover each other's weaknesses very well. Bulk Up Conk works as a great stallbreaker, but is walled by certain fairy and flying types that Nidoqueen can easily take care of. On the other hand, Conkeldurr can handle the special walls (snorlax, blissey, etc.) that Nidoqueen can't. I'd highly prefer that the team be Bulky Offense/Balance, and thank you in advance!

Requesting a offensive or balance team involving Escavalier. Escavalier is really good fairy counter(namely Florges and Sylveon), as well as other special attackers, such as Roserade (barring hp fire of course). It is also good at checking ice types, trapping annoying Psychic and Ghost types with Pursuit, as well as breaking balance teams with its immense attack stat and powerful STAB Megahorn. Definitely a powerful steel type in today's metagame.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Hi builders.
I would like to request an offensive or balance team, starting with the offensive core of Porygon-Z and Espeon. Both Porygon-Z and Espeon are immensely powerful Special Attackers and I figured that they would make for a god start. They cover for each pretty well, Espeon takes care of Fighting-type reliably, and Porygon-Z takes care of Ghost-types reliably. Also, 1 specific thing I want on the team is an offensive Rapid Spinner. You guys don't have to, but hazard removal is important n stuff :P.

Amun (Espeon) @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind / Baton Pass

ERROR 101 (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility / Nasty Polt
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

I would like to request a team built around Tyrantrum and Haxorus.

Tyrantrum has that STAB Rock Head Head Smash going for it, and with a Band, is a great physical wallbreaker in general. Since it shares similar counters with Haxorus, it can really help pave the way for a Dragon Dance sweep. Bonus points if you use Double Dance Hax, since Poison Jab isn't such a big deal when Tyrantrum outspeeds the relevant Fairies not named Whimsicott.

These two really suggest a Hyper Offence build, which is right up my alley, but as long as it's Tyrantrum+Haxorus squad, I will be good to go.

(I don't know how to get the Pokemon's image to show up, but if someone wouldn't mind teaching me, I'll edit my post. I'm kinda comouter illiterate.)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey guys, I haven't played much pokemon in a while so I would like to request a team with Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Nidoqueen.... I'd highly prefer that the team be Bulky Offense/Balance, and thank you in advance!
BU Conk and Nidoqueen, coming right up!
/
/
/
/
/

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Heavy Slam
- Rapid Spin

I changed up the spreads a bit on BU Conk and Nidoqueen - in particular, going Adamant on Conk nets you some key KOs at +1 that Careful lacks (OHKOing Mega-Sharpedo with Mach and Cobalion with Drain Punch are the biggies), while Queenie got a big bump to Speed, which I feel is necessary in this meta (hell, you could even go as high as 212 Speed to outpace Timid Sylveon if you wanted).

Anyhow, this team is mostly built to win off of BU Conk or CM Roar Suicune. Suicune checks a million threats, such as CM Psychics and, you know, 75% of the metagame in general, and gives you another way to win lategame beyond Conk. Sylveon keeps you from getting eaten alive by things like Hydreigon and Blaster while providing Wish support for Conk and Bell support for Suicune.

From there, I finished out with SDef Forry with Heavy Slam (because Gyro Ball barely scratches Sylveon), giving you another general pivot and secondary answer to threats like Sceptile, plus Spikes (much appreciated for CM Roar Suicune's offensive engine) and Spin support. MAero finishes things off with a four attacks set to give the team some much needed Speed and provide the general revenge killing and trapping duties that MAero does like no other.

I laddered up an alt into the 1600s testing this team and it seems really solid. There are a few threats that are annoying to play around (opposing Nidoqueen, if played well, are a pain), but you have at least soft answers to all of them.

Here are some replays of the team in action (sorry, for some reason I kept getting lower ladder opponents this morning):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-419964311 - BU Conk gets a boost and just wins.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-419942396 - BU Conk literally sweeps 6-0 once it catches a status.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-419956376 - Versus someone using dodmen's VoltTurn team, Nidoqueen in particular puts in a ton of work.

Enjoy!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-419942396 - BU Conk literally sweeps 6-0 once it catches a status.
This was not okay.

To avoid total shitposting, will be requesting a team around RP Tyrantrum and Sunny Day Houndoom once I'm off work. Tyrantrum is probably my favorite cleaner at the moment, doing silly shit like 2HKOing 252/252+ Suicune with Jolly LO Head Smash after Rocks or Spikes. Sunny Doomer is an underrated variant, as while its Dark Pulse is weaker and it loses HP in the sun, its Fire coverage is actually stronger than +2 and getting a 1-turn Solar Beam is EXTREMELY useful. This also neutralizes its Water weakness, which can sometimes let you set up on weaker Water-types. Together they shred each others checks and counters. Will post my go-to sets later.

EDIT with sets:
Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam

Last edited:
Can I get a team built around hydreigon and tyrantrum dragon spam core. Tyrantrum and hydreigon are both powerfull wallbreakers and break true each others checks like tyrantrun goes trough sylveon and blissey and hydreigon goes trough mega aggron and krookodile. Since this core struggles with fighting types so pairong this core with fighting resists is recomendable.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
D Dancer

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Psyshock

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Signal Beam

Basically going off of your dual Dragon wallbreaking core I wanted to have a good cleaner to deal with offense since the core itself was not the fastest and could break balance easily enough for a cleaner to come in and sweep later on in the game. I decided on using Mega Swampert for this, as I feel it's pretty strong in the current metagame since it takes advantage of Krookodile / Sylveon pretty easily as it can use the former as setup fodder if weakened enough and / or locked into the wrong move and outspeeds the latter. For this team I chose to have the PuP version to beat some stall variants a lot easier and I didn't feel Ice Punch was too necessary because of one of my other team members. Cresselia is used next to provide a catch-all check and speed control + Lunar Dance utility for the rest of the team, while a Colbur Berry is used here to pivot into Dark-types and Fighting-types a lot more easily. Empoleon was then added for all hazard purposes and being able to switch into Sylveon at least once, and a Chople Berry variant is used here since I wasn't too worried about Ground-types with Cresselia and you can smack mixed Hydreigon and Superpower Krookodile / Mamoswine with this too if they think you're Shuca, while also being able to play around Fighting-types a lot better outside of Cresselia. Lastly I wanted to have a Choice Scarf user to solidify my position against offensive teams and I wanted it to be able to more-or-less consistently be able to check bulky Water-types while also being able to switch-into Scald so I chose Rotom-C here and went for Signal Beam > Trick in order to lure in Celebi or outright check it if it's weakened enough while Trick's utility isn't as necessary due to the other members having immense breaking power.

Other options include having Moonblast somewhere on Cresselia's kit, perhaps over Lunar Dance although I think the utility it provides is far too valuable, in order to smack Dark-types with the Colbur Berry, having Trick on Rotom-C over Signal Beam in order to cripple walls, Ice Punch on Swampert to smack incoming Grass-types, and maybe Focus Blast or Fire Blast over Flash Cannon on Hydreigon, as well as Sleep Talk over DClaw on Tyrantrum.

Overall I've had fun with the team and it's had decent success, mostly losing to hax and missplays on my part during testing, but threats include, but aren't limited to, Toxic Cresselia (idk why people run this) since it can bait my Swampert and cripple it, Hydreigon (pretty borked but Colbur Twave helps a lot), Entei (switch-ins are crippled by burn and / or have no recovery), Mamoswine (Icicle Crash flinch = counter removed), Celebi (hard to deal with depending on its set), and Aerodactyl since it outspeeds a lot of the team and can pressure really easily, especially with no Leftovers on Cresselia.

I'd like to see how experienced players build one of my cores, to see how it compares to my build. I've currently been trying a bulk up/calm mind core of sweepers. It's fairly offensive but I think it could work as a core in a balanced team as well.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Currently I'm leading fights with Mienshao, he has good speed power and coverage, plus he can U-turn to different pokemon as needed. It works well because he can U-Turn to my espeon to magic bounce set ups he can't handle with his power and speed.

Lucario @ Metronome
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Blaze Kick

Lucario I use as my bulk up spammer, because he has good speed for most pokemon, and extreme speed to kill any fast attackers. Not to mention he does have a fairly good defensive typing, though it really is drain punch that keeps him going.

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell

Espeon is my calm mind sweeper because of its high speed, SPD, SPa, and of course, magic bounce to stop statuses and allow great switch in opportunities.

Amaroq

Cover me.
I'd like to see how experienced players build one of my cores, to see how it compares to my build. I've currently been trying a bulk up/calm mind core of sweepers. It's fairly offensive but I think it could work as a core in a balanced team as well.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Currently I'm leading fights with Mienshao, he has good speed power and coverage, plus he can U-turn to different pokemon as needed. It works well because he can U-Turn to my espeon to magic bounce set ups he can't handle with his power and speed.

Lucario @ Metronome
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Blaze Kick

Lucario I use as my bulk up spammer, because he has good speed for most pokemon, and extreme speed to kill any fast attackers. Not to mention he does have a fairly good defensive typing, though it really is drain punch that keeps him going.

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell

Espeon is my calm mind sweeper because of its high speed, SPD, SPa, and of course, magic bounce to stop statuses and allow great switch in opportunities.
This request does not meet the quality standards of the Teambuilding Lab. The core itself has minimal synergy and the sets are subpar at best. Mienshao should not be using Drain Punch because Regenerator should be sufficient to allow it to recover from any Life Orb or entry hazard damage it takes (and it shouldn't be taking much damage from other sources since it's not really meant to take hits). High Jump Kick is far superior because of the massive difference in power. Espeon doesn't really need Heal Bell because it already has Magic Bounce to reflect status and would benefit far more from either Morning Sun for reliable recovery or Baton Pass to transfer its boosts to a teammate.

Bulk Up Lucario is completely unviable (and Metronome is not a good item, since it doesn't provide the staying power of Leftovers or the benefits of any other commonly used items). Successful Bulk Up users have both the defensive stats to take hits as they set up and the raw power to sustain through the damage they receive. Using Conkeldurr as an example, its Base 140 Attack allows it to do significant damage with minimal investment (Adamant Conkeldurr hits harder than fully invested Adamant Lucario with only 16 EVs in Attack) and its high natural bulk (and the freedom to invest in it that its innate power provides) allows it to reliably set up multiple boosts and recover HP with Drain Punch. In addition, Conkeldurr can take advantage of Guts to avoid being crippled by status. Lucario, on the other hand, has a stat spread that lends itself to offensive investment rather than a Bulk Up set. Lucario's defenses are mediocre at best, it's vulnerable to status, and it doesn't hit hard enough with a single boost to justify using Bulk Up over its far superior Swords Dance or Nasty Plot sets. It makes far more sense for Lucario to commit fully to offense instead of attempting to play a role for which it is patently unsuited.

DECLINED

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, Yoshiblaze! Here's your request!

Unfortunately, the sets you requested left me with very minimal room, so I ended up tweaking the Espeon set to a Calm Mind + Baton Pass variant along with Double Dance Porygon-Z. Of course, this team needs a Stealth Rock setter and a Rapid Spinner when things go haywire; as such, I put in Cobalion and Blastoise to fulfill those respective roles. Finally, I needed a rather decent defensive backbone which I ended up putting Moltres and Roserade in there.

This team may seem too odd with Cobalion being the sole Physical attacker of the team, but Espeon can pass those Calm Mind boosts to five Pokemon that happened to be Special attackers, allowing it to branch out a lot of possibilities. In my experience, Moltres became a lowkey threat with Calm Mind boosts on, despite being a defensive Pokemon; while Porygon-Z can benefit from Baton Pass as well, Porygon-Z is suited to stand on its own.

Rotom-Heat (and other Electric-types) first comes into mind as one of the biggest threats in this team, as Volt Switch forces the team to shift to its defensive route, taking damage to the defensive backbones and disallowing them to be productive. While a Ground-type is very welcome, the structure of the team would drastically change, so I leave this team as it is right now. With that said, I'm very satisfied with the output of the team.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 176 SpD / 92 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Porygon-Z @ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

If you have any questions, comments, or violent reactions with this team, please let me know. Enjoy!

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Spiky Sheild

Requesting a Balance team to be built around Chesnaught. Chesnaught is one of the best defensive spikers in the metagame. It has a great defensive stat and has access to good support moves like leech seed and Spiky Sheild. These moves help it take on physical attackers. With the bulletproof ability Chesnaught is immune to sludge bomb.

Have fun building!

This was requested in the last thread.

Last edited:
Requesting a team built around SDLucario and SDCroak

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-ExtremeSpeed
-Bullet Punch

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Drain Punch
-Gunk Shot
-Knock Off

While both are EQ weak and quite frail, I think SDLuke and SDCroak form a scary Fighting offensive core. They can wear each others counters down, and in some cases one can completely beat something that checks the others- eg. Toxicroak can take on the bulky waters that Lucario might have problems with, whereas Lucario can OHKO Mega Aerodactyl with a +2 BP. If you wish, both can be changed to Nasty Plot as well but I prefer the power that SD provides with CC and Gunk Shot, as well as having stronger priority in ESpeed and recovery on Toxicroak with Drain Punch. Sucker Punch can go over Knock Off as well, but Knock Off can be useful to get rid of Scarfs on switchins that may later stop a sweep.

Last edited:
I'd like to request an Offense/Balance/Bulky Offense team (NOT Hyper Offense, please) containing Venomoth. It would be good to have a thoughtful team which matches up OK vs the tier's best pokemon and common archetypes, using e.g. wallbreaker(s), cleaner(s), pivot(s), hopefully checks to common threats, etc, using Venomoth as a cleaner, or using something else as a cleaner and Venomoth to break holes - however the team is gonna end up, simply whatever works to create a team that has synergy and a clear strategy, hopefully the builders know where I'm coming from.

Venomoth is tricky to build with so it might take a couple of tries to build something good, I know I've tried to build maybe 5 teams with it so far without much success which is why I'm coming here. Offense or BO is possibly more likely to be the result, since balance teams thrive off less frail win-cons, but if it was balance it could always use Venomoth as a win-con vs offense and something bulkier vs opposing balance or whatever. The reasons I'd prefer not HO are 1) I feel like HO is the one area where Venomoth's potential has been explored pretty extensively and 2) I don't enjoy playing HO that much. It might be more difficult to build non-HO because of Venomoth's lack of defensive utility but I do remember Venomoth non-HO being very good in RU, so it might turn out well.
Quiver Dance (definitely) / Sleep Powder (probably) / ?
@ ?
EVs: probably 252/252+, definitely if 2 attacks life orb, but maybe some bulk if it ends up as Leftovers mono-attacker or something, who knows

Thank you!

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
OK, just for fun and because things have been a bit quiet here, I thought I'd toss out something that I've been messing with a bit and see what the other builders come up with:

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Scald
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Seems like a bit of an odd combination but I've been really enjoying Colbur Jellicent lately, as it shuts down a lot of fatter teams and often gets a nice WoW off on key BO 'mons like Krookodile. Reuniclus shares a lot of weaknesses with Jellicent but appreciates Jelly's ability to beat a lot of balance's answers to it, such as Roar Suicune, and enjoys the spreading of burns. I don't know, they don't really seem like they have a lot of synergy right off the bat but in practice I've really been enjoying the combination. That said, their shared common weaknesses mean that the rest of the team requires some careful building. I'd like to see what everyone can do.

(Also who doesn't like double jelly?)

hey builders,

I´d like to request an balanced or offensive team around sylveon+krookodile. Krook can take care of most of sylveons checks such as Bronzong, Metagross etc. On the other hand Sylveon gets rid of stuff like Mandibuzz and chesnaught for krook. They also share good type synergy with krook resisting poison and steel while sylveon resists fighting type attacks. Krook also provides stealth rock support for sylveon and makes wallbreaking a lot easier. Back up these two with a defensive core and some speed and you got a really nice team at your hand. Feel free to change the sets to whatever fits the team.

Sylveon @ Choice specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Baton pass
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball

Krookodile Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Knock off
-Earthquake
-Pursuit
-Taunt

Hello builders. Recently I have built a team with banded Goodra that has been performing pretty well, but I feel its performance has little to do with Goodra and more with the rest of my team. I feel like I haven't built a team that properly showcases Goodra. With the recent farewell of Salamence, banded Goodra seems to be a lot better than it use to be. It's ability to be an offensive physical or special threat leaves your opponent guessing to what move you are going to click next. Many times my opponent switched straight to their Blissey fearing the draco only to be met with a banded superpower (which feels really good). It's amazing spdef stat allows it to come in on a lot of special threats and counter them. Fairy types can punish the lock into Outrage, but are scared to come in on a CB irontail. Plus most fairy types cannot KO goodra in one hit which makes it easier to click Outrage.

Request: A balanced team with banded Goodra
Goodra @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake / Fire Punch / Superpower
- Power Whip / Fire Punch
- Iron Tail

Add and subtract as much speed as you want. Frankly, I like the ability to outspeed Sylveon at the least. I do run max speed sometimes because I like to speed tie with Mamo but just go off of what the team needs. Superpower is for Blissey, p2, and shuca users. Fire Punch is for forretress and brong. Power Whip is for bulky water types like Suicune and Swampert. Thanks in advance. I know these can take a while to do. Take as much time as you need.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DragonGold123

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer
- Spikes

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Yeah ok so I've never actually hated building around a request more than this LOL. I tried a couple drafts but this is the one I ended up liking the most. Sorry if it doesn't constitute as balance but honestly I havent been able to have a good defensive core with Chesnaught in balance while ensuring it's able to play the hazard stack game + decent offensive presence even remotely decent.

Onto the team itself though I adjusted the Chesnaught set a bit and made it a Wood Hammer / Synthesis variant since non-Wood Hammer is unable to deal with Gyarados and non-Synthesis can really struggle to consistently check the threats it wants to due to lack of reliable recovery. I added in AloBliss due to needing partners that were able to check a large portion of the metagame while also providing a LOT of utility in terms of a cleric / SR setter / status spreading among other things. Doublade + Hydreigon was added in afterwards to give the team some offensive pressure while also giving good key resistances, such as a Rapid Spin immunity and a Ground immunity. I decided to go for a Shadow Claw variant on Doublade in order to more reliably beat bulky Psychic-types while also being able to weaken bulky Water-types more effectively. Hydreigon's a Taunt variant in order to pressure bulky Defog users like Mandibuzz and Empoleon a lot better while also making the team a lot less weak to stall in general. Lastly, I added in a Tentacruel in order to have a form of entry hazard removal while also not being overly passive, which is why an offensive 4 Atk variant was used although, like a lot of other stuff on the team, it's interchangeable.

Other options include having another defensive core over AloBliss that still manages to cover a whole bunch of bases, like maybe Sylveon / Swampert or something but you'd be a lot less solid against opposing Sylveon and is more prone to being worn down. Dazzling Gleam > Ice Beam on Tentacruel or honestly any other Tentacruel variant could probably work, like Toxic Spikes which I thought wasnt necessary but could definitely be useful.

EDIT: Forgot to mention if anyone wants to nominate this in Viability Rankings to drop 5 ranks down to D (Chesnaught that is), I'm down to give a +1.

Last edited:
Hey, I'd like to request an offensive team including Feraligatr. Despite being often outclassed by Gyarados due to its better typing, bulk and speed tier, it does have an advantage over Gyarados. Its Sheer force (pun intented) allows it to better break past some mons like Roarcune, Cresselia and milotic who are often used as checks/counters to Gyarados. Right now, I feel, people are more prepared for mons like Gyarados and Crawdaunt than they are for Feraligatr which can make it dangerous wallbreaker (or cleaner) vs many teams.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute

The set above is only a suggestion, builders can use the set they like the best as long as It has waterfall and crunch. I hope you have fun building!

DragonGold123

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer
- Spikes

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Yeah ok so I've never actually hated building around a request more than this LOL. I tried a couple drafts but this is the one I ended up liking the most. Sorry if it doesn't constitute as balance but honestly I havent been able to have a good defensive core with Chesnaught in balance while ensuring it's able to play the hazard stack game + decent offensive presence even remotely decent.

Onto the team itself though I adjusted the Chesnaught set a bit and made it a Wood Hammer / Synthesis variant since non-Wood Hammer is unable to deal with Gyarados and non-Synthesis can really struggle to consistently check the threats it wants to due to lack of reliable recovery. I added in AloBliss due to needing partners that were able to check a large portion of the metagame while also providing a LOT of utility in terms of a cleric / SR setter / status spreading among other things. Doublade + Hydreigon was added in afterwards to give the team some offensive pressure while also giving good key resistances, such as a Rapid Spin immunity and a Ground immunity. I decided to go for a Shadow Claw variant on Doublade in order to more reliably beat bulky Psychic-types while also being able to weaken bulky Water-types more effectively. Hydreigon's a Taunt variant in order to pressure bulky Defog users like Mandibuzz and Empoleon a lot better while also making the team a lot less weak to stall in general. Lastly, I added in a Tentacruel in order to have a form of entry hazard removal while also not being overly passive, which is why an offensive 4 Atk variant was used although, like a lot of other stuff on the team, it's interchangeable.

Other options include having another defensive core over AloBliss that still manages to cover a whole bunch of bases, like maybe Sylveon / Swampert or something but you'd be a lot less solid against opposing Sylveon and is more prone to being worn down. Dazzling Gleam > Ice Beam on Tentacruel or honestly any other Tentacruel variant could probably work, like Toxic Spikes which I thought wasnt necessary but could definitely be useful.

EDIT: Forgot to mention if anyone wants to nominate this in Viability Rankings to drop 5 ranks down to D (Chesnaught that is), I'm down to give a +1.

Cool, thx a lot for the team! Sorry for the trouble it caused you LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)