Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im requesting a mega-altaria bulky offense team or balance. Builder can choose the set, would like dd though

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 8 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Roost

The team was built around supporting SD Doublade as best as I could. I took a Balanced approach while building. Swampert can switch into Fire- and Electric-types, such as Infernape and Mega Manectric, which Doublade hates, and provide Stealth Rock to continually weaken Doublade's checks every time they switch in. I wanted a Dragon-type check at this point, and Sylveon seemed great. It also provides both Doublade and Swampert with Wish support, and even Heal Bell support if needed. The team looks pretty weak to Knock Off Scizor, hazards and Toxic Spikes, which led me to add Tentacruel to the team. It also provides Toxic Spikes which can help with beating down bulky Water-types, such as Quagsire and Alomomola, which beat Doublade. The team at this point lacked some immediate power and Stall matchup looked concerning. Heracross fit here pretty great, as it can potentially weaken Doublade's checks, such as Swampert. The team lacked Speed control, which made its matchup against fully offensive teams concerning, and its matchup against Flying-types such as Crobat and Talonflame seemed exceptionally good against it. I added Mega Aerodactyl to help patch up those weaknesses and help deal with Serperior better.

HarrisIsAwesome I hope you'll have fun with the team!
Damn that was fast lmao. Thanks for the build!

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sharpedo Spikestack Bulky Offense

http://pokepast.es/420eda2f7bb5aa30

Took a bulkier approach than the typical Mega Sharpedo hyper offense that it fits so well on, and ended up with this. Alolan Marowak is a neat partner for Sharpedo since it pressures bulky Waters like Swampert, Seismitoad and even Alomomola with a Swords Dance boost under its belt. Additionally, it provides this team with a helpful Electric type immunity, most importantly shutting down Mega Manectric, which, with Intimidate, can be quite the nuisance to Mega Sharpedo. Maximum speed investment is used to get the jump on uninvested Seimitoad, Alomomola and even standard Choice Band Azumarill. SD + Rocks is a result of the teams need for a Gliscor that helps more versus Stall builds, but so far I haven't missed Bonemerang nor Knock Off. Speaking of which, the Gliscor set is thought to pressure fat builds with the combination of Taunt and Knock Off, both of which deny recovery, on the active and on the passive spectrum respectively, which is much appreciated by both Mega Sharpedo and SD AloWak. In conjunction with Spikes, this can rack up damage rather quickly. The spread is tailored towards outspeeding Nidoking, which since Latias lacks recovery would otherwise be looking very troublesome, and also outspeeds VinCune, being able to remove its Leftovers, which has proven to be of critical importance. Klefki and Amoonguss support the teams needs in regard to hazard stacking and pivot function. The former is the team's dedicated Latias check and Mega Aerodactyl switch in, supporting itself with Magnet Rise, which also enables it to soft check Mamoswine. Poisonium-Z Amoonguss checks Azumarill, Crawdaunt, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria and Serperior. It can be a bit of a momentum drain versus teams with Gliscor (that manage to get their Toxic Orb activated); generally, just lead off with it versus those to put something to bed early on, also don't be afraid to take advantage of the easy switch-in by double switching or double Spore'ing. With 19 speed EVs it underspeeds both minimum speed Crawdaunt and minimum speed Alolan Marowak for the jump on them under Trick Room, the latter of which it aims to remove with a well timed Foul Play. Finally, Choice Scarf Latias rounds out the team as a reliable speed control option next to Sharpedo. It carries Healing Wish to compensate for the lack of hazard control on the team, which AloWak sometimes struggles with. HP Fire is the choice of coverage next to Draco Meteor and Psychic here to have the opportunity to remove or at least heavily chip incoming Scizor, Swords Dance variants of which AloWak and Mega Sharpedo have to be kept healthy for.

Have fun with the team Suepac, hope this suits your needs!

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Bone
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Atk / 88 Def / 160 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes

Amoonguss @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 19 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Spore

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
Sharpedo Spikestack Bulky Offense

http://pokepast.es/420eda2f7bb5aa30

Took a bulkier approach than the typical Mega Sharpedo hyper offense that it fits so well on, and ended up with this. Alolan Marowak is a neat partner for Sharpedo since it pressures bulky Waters like Swampert, Seismitoad and even Alomomola with a Swords Dance boost under its belt. Additionally, it provides this team with a helpful Electric type immunity, most importantly shutting down Mega Manectric, which, with Intimidate, can be quite the nuisance to Mega Sharpedo. Maximum speed investment is used to get the jump on uninvested Seimitoad, Alomomola and even standard Choice Band Azumarill. SD + Rocks is a result of the teams need for a Gliscor that helps more versus Stall builds, but so far I haven't missed Bonemerang or Knock Off. Speaking of which, the Gliscor set is thought to pressure fat builds with the combination of Taunt and Knock Off, both of which deny recovery, on the active and on the passive spectrum respectively, which is much appreciated by both Mega Sharpedo and SD AloWak. In conjunction with Spikes, this can rack up damage rather quickly. The spread is tailored towards outspeeding Nidoking, which since Latias lacks recovery would otherwise be looking very troublesome, and also outspeeds VinCune, being able to remove its Leftovers, which has proved to be of critical importance. Klefki and Amoonguss support the teams needs in regard to hazard stacking and pivot function. The former is the team's dedicated Latias check and Mega Aerodactyl switch in, supporting itself with Magnet Rise, which also enables it to soft check Mamoswine. Poisonium-Z Amoonguss checks Azumarill, Crawdaunt, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria and Serperior. It can be a bit of a momentum drain versus teams with Gliscor (that manage to get their Toxic Orb activated); generally, just lead off with it versus those to put something to bed early on, also don't be afraid to take advantage of the easy switch-in by double switching or double Spore'ing. With 19 speed EVs it underspeeds both minimum speed Crawdaunt and minimum speed Alolan Marowak for the jump on them under Trick Room, the latter of which it aims to remove with a well timed Foul Play. Finally, Choice Scarf Latias rounds out the team as a reliable speed control option next to Sharpedo. It carries Healing Wish to compensate for the lack of hazard control on the team, which AloWak sometimes struggles with. HP Fire is the choice of coverage next to Draco Meteor and Psychic here to have the opportunity to remove or at least heavily chip incoming Scizor, Swords Dance variants of which AloWak and Mega Sharpedo have to be kept healthy for.

Have fun with the team Suepac, hope this suits your needs!

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Bone
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Atk / 88 Def / 160 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes

Amoonguss @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 19 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Spore

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Thanks a lot I can't wait to try it out thanks for being so descriptive aswell, it will will really help me :)

I'd like an Offense team built around Kingdra and Klefki.
Kingdra's one of my favourite mons and now that it's down in UU I'd like to have an offensive oriented team to use. So I decided to pair with Klefki because they resist each others weaknesses aside from ground, however Kingdra can deal with ground types for Klefki. I kinda wanted some weird evs on Kingdra to help it take on certain mons but I couldn't figure out anything that would be truly beneficial so went for the standard. The Klefki set is something I believe I saw Sparrow use a while back albeit his was phys def invested, though I felt a more SpDef variant would help Kingdra due to it taking on Hydrei and Lati a bit better.

Appreciate the help!

Kingdra @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 96 Def / 208 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Defog

I would like a team built around Specs Moltres
Moltres@ Choice Specs
252 speed/252 sp Atk/ 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

So im like really new to UU and seen some Pokémon that i didnt expect here.
So i've thought about a core and decided to go with a gliscor, defensive And scizor offensive.
The iron plate on scizor is debatable tho.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower

I'm still waiting :)
Anyone got an estimate for the team?
Thanks in advance

esche

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

Hey was hoping a team could be built around this boy that was just dropped into UU. I'm having a hard time making a team around him though since I'm still new to UU much like Lycanroc-Dusk haha. I went with the Lycanium-Z set since that's really it's only viable set. I'm cool with balance, bulky or full offense. Thanks for your time!
Good day and good news Jet Jagger, I have completed your request!

Lycanroc-Dusk Spikestack Bulky Offense

http://pokepast.es/1a79821e5491a235

Over the last couple of days I have experimented quite a bit with different Lycanroc-Dusk builds, and after a good amount of testing I finally feel comfortable sharing my latest creation with you. Lycanroc-Dusk requires a considerable amount of support to function, and even with that I found that it will rarely ever complete a full sweep. Nevertheless, Lycanroc-Dusk has proven to actually not be completely worthless in UU (to me at least). EdgeQuake is still a formidable attack combination, while access to STAB and Tough Claws boosted priority in Accelerock distinguishes it from its main competition - Terrakion. Also, Splintered Stormshards is quite powerful even without a boost, which has had some useful applications. Speaking of boosts, Lycanroc-Dusk struggles to set up versus the vast majority of the tier because of its horrendeous bulk and Rock being a terrible defensive typing to have. Memento support came to mind and Choice Scarf Chandelure provides a good amount of resistances, including Bullet Punch from Scizor and Leaf Storm from Serperior, as well as a Fighting immunity. HP Ice aims to somewhat patch up the teams weakness to Swords Dance Gliscor, while the ability Infiltrator is needed here to force out SubSeed Serperior. The defensive backbone of the team consists of a hazard stacking core of Klefki and Swampert. These two are rocking rather standard sets but you know what they say, don't fix what ain't broken, eh? Magnet Rise on the former helps with Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Dragon Dance Haxorus, Mamoswine and Mega Aerodactyl. Roar on Swampert is a great asset to have versus all the Trick Room teams roaming the ladder at the moment, be sure to make use of that. The next member takes good advantage of the hazard stacking component of the team, offers more security versus Swords Dance Scizor and also acts as a lure for Lycanroc-Dusk to be able to put in more work. With the latter aspect I'm referring to Hidden Power Grass on Mega Manectric, which is particularly useful for sniping Swampert, Seismitoad and even Quagsire, all of which have little trouble dealing with Lycanroc-Dusk. Now, the loss of Hidden Power Ice is somewhat concerning considering the teams match-up versus Gliscor but most of the time you can still Volt Switch around freely since HP Grass is so uncommon. Calm Mind LO Latias rounds out the team as an additional wallbreaker and provides a much needed Water resist and Ground immunity. Psychic and Thunderbolt were my choices here, the former pressuring the omnipresent Gliscor better after a Calm Mind boost, while Thunderbolt is needed since the team is rather weak to Azumarill (it also has a great chance to 2HKO CB Scizor!). Feel free to utilize Psyshock over Psychic since that has better applications versus stall and helps versus opposing Calm Mind boosters such as Suicune. Now, the team has its fair share of weaknesses, repeated U-turn from Choice Band Scizor can be annoying for example, and you have to be very careful around Gengar. The stall match-up is hard but not impossible if you manage to bluff not having HP Grass versus Quagsire once or twice, then blow it away the second or third time as they stay in with it on Mega Manectric trying to block the Volt Switch.

Concluding, I was able to perform quite well with this team on high ladder (mid 1600s), and I hope you will find success with it too. Have fun!

I would like a team built around Specs Moltres
Moltres@ Choice Specs
252 speed/252 sp Atk/ 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn
Is my team in the works or being tested
edit: a more offensive team is preferred and builder can choose which hidden power type to use

esche

Is my team in the works or being tested
edit: a more offensive team is preferred and builder can choose which hidden power type to use
Please be patient with your request, it hasn't even been 24 hours since your initial post. Rest assured that your request has been noted; a builder will work on your request as soon as possible and notify you when the team is completed. Teambuilding is an extensive process, we strive towards providing you with a well-crafted and sufficiently tested team, which requires time. You are, of course, welcome to inquire about the status of your request, but keep in mind that there are a whole lot of requests before yours that haven't been fulfilled yet.

Please be patient with your request, it hasn't even been 24 hours since your initial post. Rest assured that your request has been noted; a builder will work on your request as soon as possible and notify you when the team is completed. Teambuilding is an extensive process, we strive towards providing you with a well-crafted and sufficiently tested team, which requires time. You are, of course, welcome to inquire about the status of your request, but keep in mind that there are a whole lot of requests before yours that haven't been fulfilled yet.
sorry im just an impatient person

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Marky B Attack on Dragons

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Memento

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Latias @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

So originally built this for Marky B and his Black Cat avatar but since Attack on Dragons requested the same Pokemon with the addition of Klefki I might as well kill two birds with one stone. So the core itself of Kingdra + Klefki is pretty straightforward but I opted to use SubDD w/ Lum over Dragonium because of a later addition but it's all customizable. Swampert is added in for a Rocks setter, a good Stakataka check, defensive backbone and overall pivot. Was slightly worried about Serperior at this point so I added in Scarf Chandelure which also helps Kingdra set up by virtue of Memento. CB Scizor was added in after to Pursuit trap Scarf Latias which could stop a Kingdra sweep but also helps by adding another Fairy resist to pivot into CB Azumarill and more priority for Aerodactyl. Lastly, I wanted something that would have decent matchup vs stall and give me a Ground-immunity so I opted for Psychium Z CM Latias w/ Psyshock.

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey everyone.

So im like really new to UU and seen some Pokémon that i didnt expect here.
So i've thought about a core and decided to go with a gliscor, defensive And scizor offensive.
The iron plate on scizor is debatable tho.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Klefki @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey, welcome to UU! So I changed some of the sets around cause of complications while building, and I decided to go with a BO spike stack team featuring Mega Blastoise. So after a lot of futzing around with cores that these two could fit in, I ended up scrapping it and going for Gliscor as my rocker, and Gliscor BO is something that is pretty common (and for good reason) these days, and I have been wanting to make a spike stack team so here we are. I went with Blastoise over other common mega evolutions you would find on spike teams such as Mega Sceptile and Mega Sharpedo because I wanted it to be a BO squad, and this gave me a much needed fire resist due to Scizor being the true star of the team. Since I wanted spikes, obviously I had to include Klefki because it's just all around the best spike setter by far and because it helps patch up a lot of weaknesses to pokemon like Mega Sharpedo, Mega Aerodactyl, etc. Due to both of my ground immunities and resistances not being able to take an icicle crash and live, I went with Magnet Rise on Klefki as it's filler, and wen't with a more defensive spread to reliably check things like Mega Sharpedo. Now for speed control I thought Scarf Lati would help a lot with Healing Wish to support things in the late game that are easily chipped such as Blastoise and Scizor. I wen't with Tbolt here due to the shaky Azu matchup, and rounded out the team with Serperior to help it's stall matchup and inability to kill bulky waters in general. Good luck with the team family.

n_n

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Klefki @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey, welcome to UU! So I changed some of the sets around cause of complications while building, and I decided to go with a BO spike stack team featuring Mega Blastoise. So after a lot of futzing around with cores that these two could fit in, I ended up scrapping it and going for Gliscor as my rocker, and Gliscor BO is something that is pretty common (and for good reason) these days, and I have been wanting to make a spike stack team so here we are. I went with Blastoise over other common mega evolutions you would find on spike teams such as Mega Sceptile and Mega Sharpedo because I wanted it to be a BO squad, and this gave me a much needed fire resist due to Scizor being the true star of the team. Since I wanted spikes, obviously I had to include Klefki because it's just all around the best spike setter by far and because it helps patch up a lot of weaknesses to pokemon like Mega Sharpedo, Mega Aerodactyl, etc. Due to both of my ground immunities and resistances not being able to take an icicle crash and live, I went with Magnet Rise on Klefki as it's filler, and wen't with a more defensive spread to reliably check things like Mega Sharpedo. Now for speed control I thought Scarf Lati would help a lot with Healing Wish to support things in the late game that are easily chipped such as Blastoise and Scizor. I wen't with Tbolt here due to the shaky Azu matchup, and rounded out the team with Serperior to help it's stall matchup and inability to kill bulky waters in general. Good luck with the team family.

n_n
I feel like there should be a spinblocker because spinners and defoggers make it hard for klefki so i think alowak would fit on the team but im not sure what mon would go

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Klefki @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

n_n
Thank you!
I Will Let you know how i fared with the team

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I feel like there should be a spinblocker because spinners and defoggers make it hard for klefki so i think alowak would fit on the team but im not sure what mon would go
Having a spinblocker, while appreciated, is not a necessity for spikestacking teams. All of the relevant spinners are dealt with by virtue of Serperior, Latias, or have no reliable recovery and can be worn down by the hazards that they would want to clear, status from Klefki, or continual offensive pressure from Scizor for example. Most Defoggers also have to think twice before clearing hazards to avoid having to give Serperior an evasion boost, which is obviously dangerous. Your criticism, which on chance could be well founded, is not exactly necessary as we trust our qualified builders to create teams that are user friendly while still keeping up with the competitive flow. Unless any of the builders somehow happen to provide a team with massive flaws, please keep your critiques and suggestions to yourself to prevent our clients from being potentially misled. Thank you for your consideration.

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have a little experience with UU and would like to build around a core I particularly like with Slyveon, Gliscor and AV Alolan Muk. (Sorry that the team is half built)

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 236 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang/Other Team Specific Filler
- Roost

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell/Other Team Specific Filler

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Last edited:
Hey, I just got back into UU after a long hiatus and my teambuilding skills have been awfully rusty (tbh I was never great at teambuilding ) . So, I'm starting to adjust to the UU meta and I thought about a cool mon to build a team on would be Salazzle. The set is just the normal Nasty Plot sweeper set. Balanced offensive preferred, or a more offensive team, but you can build it off of any playstyle. Thanks alot and appreciate the help!

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Grass
- Nasty Plot

(You can choose which HP to use)

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
iSticks

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Altaria @ Altarianite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Tail

So with Life Orb Taunt Gengar the first thing I noticed is that it really helps teams with their stall matchup and that it's pretty vulnerable to Alolan Muk. I initially added in Scizor to be able to have a good semi-slow U-turn user to bring it in properly and Pursuit support to help with Scarf Latias. Next I definitely wanted something else to at the least weaken Alolan Muk if not remove it outright when it tries to come in so Groundium Z Celebi fit in perfectly and emphasized the strong matchup against stall. I needed entry hazard removal afterwards and something to deal with Hydreigon and Dark-type moves in general so I went for Defog Mega Altaria. I then wanted a Stealth Rock setter that could help with Stakataka so I opted to go for Shuca Cobalion w/ HP Ice for Gliscor, as I was annoyed by it during testing. Typically I'd use Life Orb on this type of Cobalion but Stakataka's an issue, but if you're not really worried about the Staka matchup you can use Life Orb no problem. Lastly, the team needed to be rounded off with some Speed that could help better deal with Mega Manectric, so I ended up going for Scarf Krook since it also helps a lot with Aerodactyl. The last slot can be changed for something else but I had Iron Tail for Aerodactyl + Altaria, although the latter is significantly less of a threat thanks to Shuca Cobalion and Scizor.

iSticks

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Altaria @ Altarianite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Tail

So with Life Orb Taunt Gengar the first thing I noticed is that it really helps teams with their stall matchup and that it's pretty vulnerable to Alolan Muk. I initially added in Scizor to be able to have a good semi-slow U-turn user to bring it in properly and Pursuit support to help with Scarf Latias. Next I definitely wanted something else to at the least weaken Alolan Muk if not remove it outright when it tries to come in so Groundium Z Celebi fit in perfectly and emphasized the strong matchup against stall. I needed entry hazard removal afterwards and something to deal with Hydreigon and Dark-type moves in general so I went for Defog Mega Altaria. I then wanted a Stealth Rock setter that could help with Stakataka so I opted to go for Shuca Cobalion w/ HP Ice for Gliscor, as I was annoyed by it during testing. Typically I'd use Life Orb on this type of Cobalion but Stakataka's an issue, but if you're not really worried about the Staka matchup you can use Life Orb no problem. Lastly, the team needed to be rounded off with some Speed that could help better deal with Mega Manectric, so I ended up going for Scarf Krook since it also helps a lot with Aerodactyl. The last slot can be changed for something else but I had Iron Tail for Aerodactyl + Altaria, although the latter is significantly less of a threat thanks to Shuca Cobalion and Scizor.

Thanks alot man

Hello, I would like to ask a team around Heracross to be efficient against Stall.

Here is The Set

Heracross@Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Ability Guts
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Knock off
Megahorn

Could I request a team built around Work Up Mega Pidgeot? I've never really liked the mon, so I wanna give it a fair trial with what is, in my opinion, it's coolest set.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost

For the team, pretty much anything except stall is okay, although I'd prefer BO or balance.
Thanks in advance :]

Just seen this has already been requested, my bad.

Could I request DD Haxorus instead? I love this mon, but I'm not great at building for UU so I'd appreciate being able to use it on an actually decent team. HO or BO work for the team I want, as for the set:

Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Again, thanks in advance :]

Last edited:
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower / Substitute / Stealth Rock

Nidoking is a really solid breaker in the UU tier imo. It can actually threaten muk, which is pretty common rn and a bunch of other common cores. Imo, I think volt turn is best with nidoking, but I will be satisfied with whatever playstyle. Hope you will take the time to build!

esche

can some1 build a team around sub disable gengar not sure if this is the best 4 moves/spread for it but here u go thanks

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
- Substitute
Hello eggsalad63, I have completed your request - thank you for your patience!
I'm not gonna sugarcoat it: This Gengar set has not worked out too well for me. I suppose on paper Cursed Body + Disable sounds like it would be somewhat annoying to face but without Shadow Tag the opponent can too easily take advantage of it by switching on Disable turns (gotta take advantage of that by subbing twice instead occassionally but that appears to drain its health rather quickly). The only change I made to the moveset is using Sludge Wave over Sludge Bomb - didn't want it to be walled by Bulletproof 'mons. Anyway, I gave it a go and this is what I came up with.

"Blue Purple" Disable Gengar Balance

http://pokepast.es/c0f1fb16835fd39c

The very first partner I singled out for Gengar is Cobalion. It takes advantage of Dark type attacks that are aimed at Gengar and acts as a Knock Off absorber with a Z-Crystal equipped. Additionally, with this Gengar set it is often important to switch with a Subsitute up versus the likes of Muk-A, CB Scizor and Krookodile to avoid being Pursuit trapped, all of which Cobalion has an easy time setting up on. This Gengar set is still very much annoyed by Gliscor from my experience, despite disabling Earthquake it will never beat it without SpDef drops from Shadow Ball (which in a 1v1 scenario is rather likely to happen but early to mid game you generally want to throw out attacks to hit switch-ins as soon as you disable the EQ). The Cobalion is thus designed to take advantage of all the Stealth Rock + Toxic Gliscor running around. With Magnet Rise it turns them into set up fodder and can utilize the stronger All-Out Pummeling instead of Corkscrew Crash, which is especially helpful for dealing with Swords Dance Scizor. I had Taunt over Magnet Rise on Cobalion before to pressure stall builds better (prevents Quagsire from recovering damage so that it can be overwhelmed by an All-Out Pummeling the next time it is forced in), but the team was too vulnerable too Gliscor without Magnet Rise so I opted for the latter. Swampert and Empoleon make up the primarily defensive and hazard control core of this team. Roar on Empoleon over additional coverage to phaze out Serperior that hope to grab a free evasion boost but since TR is so prevalent on the ladder at the moment it has good applications versus that as well. At this point the team was looking to be struggling with Serperior quite a bit due to the offensive nature of the team's Poison type and the defensive dual Water type core. Bulky Dragon Dance Mega Altaria helps versus that. It has enough speed to outpace Serperior after a Dragon Dance boost and OHKOes with Pixilate boosted Double-Edge. Fire Blast helps to lure and smack steels, Scizor and Doublade in particular, which can give the team a bit of trouble. The defense EVs ensure to survive a +2 Life Orb boosted Crabhammer from Crawdaunt after Stealth Rock damage (which has actually come into play versus TR), while 24 special defense EVs help with some odds versus Serperior when already in Mega form. Choice Scarf Hydreigon rounds out the team as a great revenge killer, offensive pivot and Ground immunity. Be careful around BD Azumarill with it since it's the only member of the team that thing can set up on.

Overall, the team features multiple dual type cores which I wanted to experiment more with for some time now and I'm content with the result. If you're having too much trouble versus fat with this team feel free to utilize Taunt Gengar or even Choice Specs Trick instead. Anyway, you shouldn't run into too many problems with this, I played some games earlier on the higher end of the ladder with it and it performed quite well. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)