@ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/216 Spe/40Spd
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Low Kick/Close Combat
- Crunch
- Ice Punch/Stone Edge
Just like the one that uploaded on smogon website(http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lucario) but not exactly the same.
Jolly nature is worth a mention. With 216Spe EVs, Lucario can run over choice scarf Mewtwo and Darkrai with maximum speed. You can also OHKO minimum HP Kyogre with SR and one layers of spikes.
In the move set, Low Kick have advantages over Close Combat and it is really worth a mention. Low Kick has more PP and have 120 base power to Kyogre, Palkia and Diaga, etc, and it can also OHKO Darkrai. Due to the existence of Giratina(-O), they may stall out Close Combat' PP, so you can use Low Kick.

In addition, Uber Infernape can also choose Low Kick over Close Combat.

About the Gravity Giratina set: Gravity isn't very necessary on that set, as most Ubers are grounded. Many of the floating Ubers threaten Giratina, such as Latias and Rayquaza, so even if you lure them out you'll have to switch.

Cursing registeel with a difference
@lum berry
EVs: 128 HP/ 128 DEF/ 252 sDEF
IVs: 0 spe
Brave nature (+atk -spe)
-curse
-amnesia
-rest
-Hammer arm
I have an odd feeling this set has been invented already, so give me an infraction, moan etc if you really have to.
Registeel doesn't particulary care about its opponents, unless it is a blue blob.
This set works great with toxic spikes and also kind of well in trick room doubles.
Basically, switch registeel in and use curse or amnesia accordingly, until such a time where you feel registeel has enough bulk and attack. On the way you can get one free rest. You need to watch out for phazers and taunters and wobbuffet, but that's only once you've massaccred many pokémon. Then you just sacrifice registeel- doing some damage to the blob, and finish it off with that heracross I recommended to you.
A more sensible ev spread would be 128 hp/128sdef/252def so youre not caught off guard by the slow boosts of curse. Or you could invest in HP.
I realise this set has a huge range of weaknesses, and you can complain all you want, this is my first registeel set anyway, mind you, I've been using it to success on shoddy.

Cursing registeel with a difference
@lum berry
EVs: 128 HP/ 128 DEF/ 252 sDEF
IVs: 0 spe
Brave nature (+atk -spe)
-curse
-amnesia
-rest
-Hammer arm
Why would you use Hammer Arm? Theres a type Immune to it, which would make you suffer. Spiritomb could force you to get out by just Using CM itself, or attacking for little damage and let you struggle yourself to death!

i would rather just use max hp max special defense careful registeel with rest, curse, iron head and *insert coverage move here* with lum berry, anmesia is a very gimmick move that never worked for me.

in fact registeel should not be atacking in the first place, he is suppose to wall stuff like giratina and t-wave sweppers, then explode on a random bliss or quaza.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Iron Head/RestTalk/Curse Registeel would be the best if you want some sort of Cursing Registeel, since its Special Defense is already fantastic. The only special hits you won't want to be taking are Rain boosted Surf and what not (Obviously stay away from Fire Blast as well). However, I really don't think Registeel has the time to use Curse in Ubers, since stuff like Groudon don't give a crap if you're at +1, he'd still kill you with EQ all the same.

Ah, I have many lead ideas.

Banette@ Focus sash
Nature: Lonely/Naughty
Ability: Insomnia

104 Atk/228 Spe/176 Sp. Atk
~Thunderwave
~Destiny Bond
~HP fire
~Shadow Sneak

OR

Banette@ Focus sash
Nature: Mild/Rash

6 Atk/252 Spe/252 Sp. Atk
~Thunderwave
~Destiny Bond
~Shadow Ball/Thunder
~Shadow Sneak

It beats many leads, many times the Deoxys leads taunt, So I just Shadow sneak with is a 2KO. Hp Fire is mainly for the steel types. especially Fortress and Scizor, and on average it OHKOes it. With the Kyogre leads, It can just thunder wave, and destiny bond.

Arcanine @ Focus sash
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Intimidate

6 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp. Atk
~Reversal
~Overheat/Fire Blast
~HP Ice
~Extremespeed

Another great lead, It can beat the Kyogre leads, as reversal+ES has a good chance of Koing it. HP ice is for the Shaymin-S, and Rayquaza leads. Overheat does massive damage to Groudon, and it always 2koes, except for special defensively versions

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm trying to make a cm giratina-a set that uses substitute and 2 attacks. The main problem is that I'm finding that my subs aren't really that unbreakable even at +1. The best way to help me would be to give me an ev spread that works, this is what i am currently using:

Giratina-A @Leftovers
Modest
252 special attack/148 speed/ 108 hp
Substitute
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Thunder

The ev spread has literally no significance. I chose it because it out speeds like some support dialga/ all groudon (because giratina-a doesnt already 100% counter groudon...). Help me please.

Ehh.. I fucked around with this a few times.

Dialga @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP/136 Atk/140 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Outrage
- Stone Edge / Dragon Claw
- Overheat / Earthquake

Use a 29 IV for Def. Dialgas typing lets him take out a poke or two with this set. +1 Life Orb Outrage is a fucking Nuke, doing over 70% to Support Groudon (who doesn't retaliate as well with your defense boost). Stone Edge is great if you hate Lugia, it always OHKOs at +1 after Stealth Rock, although Lugia can be a prick and use Reflect. Otherwise, Dragon Claw is still a nuke and good if you don't want to lock yourself in. Overheat takes care of steels extremely well if you have sun on your team.. and destroys Forry and Scizor (rain or sun) and BU Dialga's normal nemesis, Skarmory in the sun. If not, just use Earthquake. It hits Metagross better and can do alot to Tar.

Speed Outruns Rock Polish Groudon.

Arcanine @ Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
EV: 252 Atk/220 Spe/38 Sp. atk
-Reversal
-Overheat
-Hidden Power Ice
-Extremespeed
if you are using this, max special attack and attack, and leave speed down. theres nothing you really are trying to outspeed with those 220 except possibly ruining your chance at beating kyogre who might be slower than you (and therefore, reversal goes first).

plus, the max spa overheat probably does a ton in sun to groudon and would also do a lot to dialga as well.

actually kyogre would surf arcanine right away, being faster mean it can hit with a random atack then use a full powered reversal before it can surf again(a extremespeed+1 hp reversal from naive nature does more then 1 full powered reversal from adamant). besides it can still ko groundon with overheat+ full powered reversal while a max rash(just putting random natures here) overheat alone fail to ohko lead groundon.

edit:remember if he dont run speed he will get outspeed by lead groudon, so you cant go and hit him with reversal after being let with 1 hp. the evs he is running work better then just max atack and special atack.

if you are using this, max special attack and attack, and leave speed down. theres nothing you really are trying to outspeed with those 220 except possibly ruining your chance at beating kyogre who might be slower than you (and therefore, reversal goes first).

plus, the max spa overheat probably does a ton in sun to groudon and would also do a lot to dialga as well.
yeah, I just noticed that, A more viable spread, would be 6HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk with a Lonely nature. You would now lose to Lead Mixquaza, If it is sashed. However, you would beat Kyogre and groudon Leads now, Reversal+ES KOes Kyogre well more than half of the time. You could also replace Overheat with Fireblast, as I think it still 2KOes groudon. This is a great lead, it beats most common Uber Leads(besides Darkrai.)

Vs. Deoxys-S
Fireblast/Overheat+ES, 2ko

Vs. Groudon
Fireblast/Overheat x2, 2ko

Vs. Darkrai
The problematic lead, It can ES, but thats about it. switch out to your sleep talker/Primeape.

Vs. Shaymin-S
Providing its Scarf, Earth Power will never OHKO, Even if its Modest, so you can just OHKO with HP Ice.

Vs. Deoxys-A
ES provides a easy 2ko. While Superpower+ES doesnt even come close to KOing Arcanine.

Vs. Dialga
Fireblast/Overheat+Reversal, Koes, it easily, Infact a full powered reversal has a chance to OHKO 252 HP versions.

Vs. Kyogre
Reversal+ES koes it most of the time.

Vs. Mew
A weird lead, Arcanine is not as effective as the others, Fire Blast 3koes.

Sorry for the double post, but I have decided to post a set! This is a set I use on my gimmick Uber team, in which this is the sole Uber, and is a currently undefeated team [30 odd matches, but I rarely play Uber ladder anyway]. I have not put too much thought into EV spread, but I focused on moves/items, so suggestions here would be nice.

Role: Anti-Lead
Darkrai @ Lum Berry
Nature: Timid | Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 136 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe [Need help here!]
Moves:
~Taunt
~Substitute
~Nasty Plot / Focus Blast
~Dark Pulse

I know you are thinking, LOLWUT, DARKRAI NO DARK VOID?!? Well lets look at other common leads.

Deoxys-e: They usually switch out, fearing the ScarfVoid, which lets me Substitute up. Go from there
Groudon: Thunder Wave predictable? I can do whatever I want here, usually Sub+NP, but I could just go for NP then sub, whatever tickles my fancy here.
Darkrai: SUBBBBBB on the expected CSVoid, if they don't have the balls they switch, win win situation, unless they are badass and use Focus Blast
Kyogre: Switch :S
*Although keep in mind that everything after Deoxys-e has less than 8% usage as a lead, so this list doesn't mean much.

Basically the huge usage of CS Darkrai made me come up with this set. Taunt is for non threatening leads, which are few and far between, or things which going to be obvious stallers, like blissey. Nasty Plot is a great move, allowing your STAB to hurt many of the common Ubers for neutral damage, while smacking things like Mewtwo and Giratina, however Nasty Plot over Focus Blast can leave you open to Steels like Registeel/Scizor and a few others.
Substitute is fairly self explanatory.

Um...
Groudon will Twave then spam EQ and you don't 1hko with +2Dark Pulse so you're looking at surviving with ~11-1%HP, priority fodder. If they go for Rocks first, as soon as you NP or Sub they will spam EQ.
Kyogre will do similar except it 1hkos with Surf instead of Twaving. Scarfogre might switch out although they might just say screw it somethings getting slept and I have a 20% chance of a dead Darkrai or in your case 100% chance of dead Darkrai.
Both of them usually carry Lum or Chesto berries to protect against the Dark Void so they don't switch out unless its Scarfogre where it depends on the player. If you Nasty Plot to absorb a Twave they'll spam EQ or Surf to put you at as low HP as possible with that +2 and at 35% you're still Priority/Scarf fodder.
Deoxys-E usually uses TAUNT in case Dark Void misses so you have to switch out and they get hazards up or in case you aren't scarfed so you can't Dark Void them.
Most other common leads can beat non-void Darkrai easily
Dialga is a bit random, sometimes it Meteors, sometimes it SRs but even at -6 Draco Meteor breaks your subs and if they SR first they just won't Meteor you and you lack Nasty Plot if you run Focus Blast so you aren't that threatening to a team as a whole.
Deoxys-A will either 1hko with Superpower or simply Extremespeed you to death.
Shaymin-S Flinchhaxes
Mew Taunts then U-Turns
Not sure if you've been playing really bad players but most higher up people can deal with Rai easily without Dark Void. Really the only thing you beat consistently is other Darkrai.

Ah, I have many lead ideas.

Banette @ Focus Sash
Ivs. 0 Hp / 0 Def / 0 sp. def
EV: 104 Atk/228 Spe/176 Sp. atk
-Thunder Wave
-Destiny Bond
-Hidden Power Fire
-Shadow Sneak

I like this set a lot, and I've got a shiny adamant Banette to try it with. But it seems to be better at stopping anti leads than actually leads.
Insomnia is also awesome, but instead of Hidden Power I'd go with Will-O-Wisp so I can cripple physical pokes like Groudon.

What differentiates that Banette set from the standard Trick Room lead -set?
You get no Trick Room? Well, if you just WANT to have BAnette lead on non-TR team, sure, but why use Kingdra outside rain?
HP Fire: Protect on the other set can be dismissed, if you really hate Forretress/Scizor that much.
You make yourself faster with Twave instead of Trick Room.
-> there is a chance of your opponet's full paralysion to ruin your Destiny Bond.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't you just be better off giving TR Banette HP fire? That way, instead of losing to all Groudon and Lum'd leads you see (+ Kyogre & buddies can just switch after your Thunder Wave. For Destiny Bond to be succesful you must outsmart your opposition. Unless your name is Cal Lightman or Partic Jane, I'd suggest not relying on it to beat opposing leads).
And on top of that, you wouldn't just have a anti-lead, sice then Banette would have a utility role.

IMO, Paralyzing one thing in Ubers is a utility role, with all the speed ties and the fact that stuff wrecks shit as long as it's faster, if that's intelligible.

Arcanine @ Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
EV: 252 Atk/220 Spe/38 Sp. atk
-Reversal
-Overheat
-Hidden Power Ice
-Extremespeed

Another great lead, It can nearly beat the kyogre leads, as reversal+ES has the possibly of beating it, but a low chance nevertheless. HP ice is for the Shaymin-s, and rayquaza leads. 220 Evs are needed in speed to outrun, Mixquaza.
This lead does have questionable advantage over mixquaza, who can cover nearly the same pokemon. Arcanine just has a focus sash while mixquaza doesn't.

This lead does have questionable advantage over mixquaza, who can cover nearly the same pokemon. Arcanine just has a focus sash while mixquaza doesn't.
It also has intimdate, but I have tried this lead out, and it very good, the only leads, that prevail against it are Darkrai and Mew. Most others are either Ohkoed or 2koed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't you just be better off giving TR Banette HP fire? That way, instead of losing to all Groudon and Lum'd leads you see (+ Kyogre & buddies can just switch after your Thunder Wave. For Destiny Bond to be succesful you must outsmart your opposition. Unless your name is Cal Lightman or Partic Jane, I'd suggest not relying on it to beat opposing leads).
And on top of that, you wouldn't just have a anti-lead, sice then Banette would have a utility role.
Bannette outspeeds, Groudon with the given Evs, so it can reliably take it down with destiny bond, But it doesn't prevent groudon from getting up SR. Thunderwave give its a 75% chance to beat the faster leads, because Extremespeed doesnt affect bannette, and after a thunderwave, it will be faster. But Yes, it loses to Lum berry leads, unless if Bannette is faster. I put HP fire on the set specifaclly for lead Fortress, Scizor, and Shaymin-S. I suppose, It could be replaced with Thunder or Shadow Ball. The EV set, I made was specifically for HP fire, so a more optimial spread, with Thunder or Shadow Ball would be 4 Atk/252 Spe/252 Sp. atk with a Rash or Mild nature.

Banette @ Focus Sash
Ivs. 0 Hp / 0 Def / 0 sp. def
EV: 104 Atk/228 Spe/176 Sp. atk
-Thunder Wave
-Destiny Bond
-Hidden Power Fire
-Shadow Sneak

It beats many leads, many times the deoxys leads taunt, So I just Shadow sneak with is a 2ko. Hp fire is mainly for the steel types. especailly fortress, and on average it OHKOes it. With the kyogre leads, It can just thunderwave, and destiny bond.
I'm liking this set a lot :D
Maybe I should try it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)