Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

Update
- Fixed Pixilate, Refrigerate, Galvanize normal type move background
- html/uhtml messages are formatted to plain text in chat rooms & tournament messages are ignored

https://github.com/Balachandarsmr/PokemonShowdownAndroidClient/releases/download/1.4.2/showdown.apk
Love this one, I like to see it like a "Lite" version of showdown. The only problem left is watching battles, since it only shows battles that are in the "choosing lead pokémon" phase, it does not show already started battles, so it is quite restricting and it is almost impossible to watch battles of non popular metagames. You can see this problem when comparing to web version. Anyway, good job

In VGC18, when I used Heat Wave Z, wasn´t Inferno Overdrive, is all time Heat Wave. The move calls {move":"Inferno Overdrive","target"."normal"}

The app has trouble with disconnects. Even if the connection fails for 1/60th of a second, it causes you to automatically forfeit, unlike the usual "give one-two minutes to reconnect". Also, Two turn moves are buggy. You get forced to re-use them if paralysis or a similar effect blocks the move on the second turn.

Hi everybody,

As TeToN already mentioned, I am the newest member on board. To keep things relativety short: A while ago I found this project while casually looking old ideas to give them a little help. Being a project people back in early 2015 (yea, go look that up) enjoyed so much, I found myself a little sad seeing it dead, and pretty much forgotten. After that, I've contacted the owner, RainFountain, as well as the other developers, and asked for the rights to revamp the project and give it a good update. They replied kindly, gave me the liberty to do anything, we have started, and, uh, we are kinda here now :)

Our main goal right now is to recover the lost attention due to the almost one year of darkness, and we already started doing so with TeToN fixing the crippling bugs that prevented the few active players from using the app; things like Return and the Doubles - double death thing. However, while the app is nice and all, it still uses an interface very, VERY outdated by today standards (the thing was build for Android 4.0.4 - 5.0).

Thinking on that, I've started remodeling the entire user interface from scratch, using the new Google Material Design as a guideline that is, at the same time, new and pretty looking. For those who doesn't have a clue on what that is, no worries, I've taken a few images and I'm proud of sharing them with you. Just to let things clear: This is NOT the final build, you can see a few bugs at the images below, but no worries, they are all gonna be fixed (as soon as I found time -_-).

Without further delays, I will guide you at the little that i've being doing; consider this as my "free sample". The first thing you will notice different is... Well, everything. After many request on the old version, the Showdown app now supports portrait mode.

Nice isn't?. The "lorem ipsuns" are just a placeholder for the news feed that are showned everytime you open Showdown on a navigator, TeToN is fixing the webservice side. But more than portrait mode, now the app also supports more than one battle simultaneously (no image on that yet, but more than one tab can be opened now). When you "add" a new battle, you're redirected to a "Battle Lobby", where there you choose the tier, the team, and a friend (Challenge lobby).

Remember the "Community Lounge"?, well he is back, behind the new DrawerLayout (official name of the left menu)

Now this is exciting, I've just finished today the new look of the team building section on the app (Why not the Dex first?, well I like be able to make my team anywhere first than everybody else lol). You are about to see what even RainFountain and TeToN didn't

For the last piece of my demo, here is I setting up a simple Choice Band Azumarill.

As you can see, there is still a lot to be done, but I just thinked it would be nice to share this with all of you of what are about to come. Sun and Moon are just around the corner, and as soon as the Showdown adds support to the new mons, abilities and items, so will the app.

Since somebody will inevitably ask: We don't have an estimate date to release this new version. My best guess is somewhere arround christmas, or early 2017, but if we keep the actual pacing, we could deliver a alpha build in a month, but no promisses there. Make android apps is a time consuming, and sometimes very challenging task. Anyone working with development can say this: Developers do not have time for anything. This was the main reason why the project was "abandoned" in the first place. But fear not everybody, WE'RE BACK!
I know that developing apps takes a lot of time and commitment but does anyone know what happened to the Material Design build of Showdown? It looked really clean design wise and I loved its concept.

Known Bugs:
* If application is left in the background for a while, connection is lost and won't reconnect when coming back (need to reset app)
* Bug when team has multiple pokemons of the same species. So Anything Goes doesn't really work
* Form changes for Aegislash, Castform etc. not displayed correctly
* Baton Pass passes on status

Requested Features:
* Concurrent battles
* Private challenges, private messages
* Parse HTML in Community Lounge
* Replays
* Showdown's settings[
Known Bugs:
* If application is left in the background for a while, connection is lost and won't reconnect when coming back (need to reset app)
* Bug when team has multiple pokemons of the same species. So Anything Goes doesn't really work
* Form changes for Aegislash, Castform etc. not displayed correctly
* Baton Pass passes on status

Requested Features:
* Concurrent battles
* Private challenges, private messages
* Parse HTML in Community Lounge
* Replays
* Showdown's settings

WHAT ABOUT 3DS SPRITES? :C

What about, I don't know, maybe the buttons not being so glitchy? I have lost count of how many times I have lost because I couldn't send the next pokemon after a fainting or an U-turn, or being unable to attack at all after cancelling something, or sometimes just while playing the game.

Oh, and space the sprites of the start of the battle, or at least allow a confirm button. It's just stupid to loose because the third pokemon you selected in BSS was one that was obviously awfull against the matchup, instead of being the one you wanted, simply because you pressed one pixel too far to the left.

What happened with the portrait version of the app? I prefer, by far, playing in portrait mode and it had move description too

Dear all,

I have been using this app to play showdown on my android phone and I have to say it is really useful

One thing that I really value on it is the tooltips (info on pokemons) available. I do not understand why I do not have the same level of detail in the default Showdown app for windows or while playing on the browser.

I noticed there is an extension called enhanced tooltips for Android but I do not know why it is currently not working properly. Would you know about anything similar that I can use to get more detailed information when playing on computer?

Thank you in advance,
Jelvas

I am using Vivo V7 sometimes the application or the app just close by itself, how can i sent you the bug report to fix this issue.

Kurai Hada Ichi

Banned deucer.
the app doesnt allow me to log into any of my accounts. when i sign out to change my name it automatically logs into a guest account forever no matter how many times i restart the app or log out it keeps happening

I am also unable to log into my PS account from the app (works fine from browser). As stated above, I get auto logged into a guest acc, and Settings > Log Out seems to fail, since I get instantly logged back in.

Any news regarding a possible fix?

I am also unable to log into my PS account from the app (works fine from browser). As stated above, I get auto logged into a guest acc, and Settings > Log Out seems to fail, since I get instantly logged back in.

Any news regarding a possible fix?
i have searched for a fix but since the app is not developed from here it is up to github to fix it so if there is any update i will let you know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)