Updating the threat list in the RMT forums.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm not sure how to put this, but I think the threat list needs to be updated, since moves like Somersault, Grass Rope, Focus Bomb, Feather Rest and Scheme are in there. It might be a minor thing, but if we're doing it to the analyses, why not the threat list as well?

Also I'm requesting Cresselia to be put in the threat list. Yes, it is in the defensive threat list, but a decent stream of teams that doesn't pack Tyranitar lately are weak to Calm Mind Cresselia. Speaking of Calm Mind Cress, only 4 pokemon counters it: TTar, Houndoom, Weavile and Scizor. Besides, Blissey is on the threat list.

If you don't like this, you can disregard it. However, I just feel like that the threat list needs to be up to date. Thanks

Jumpman was considering removing Blissey ever since the defensive threat list was made. Even with Calm Mind it isn't remotely dangerous at all. Calm Mind Cresselia is also demolished by Choice Band Metagross, Jynx, Raikou (especially without Psychic) and Metal Sound Magnezone. Also Forretress can Spike up against it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
forgot about CBGross

But CMCress holds up very well against Raikou, because Psychic breaks its subs. Forry is simply set up bait unless it has Toxic, Light Screen and explosion. MSTran, Jynx and maybe Magnezone beats it up.

Maggy and Jynx are BL, so they don't get much attention in RMTs :(

If you take a look at it, Electivire has a lot of counters, but that never stopped it from being in the threat list

(Swampert, Donphan, Hippowdon, Cressselia, Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Steelix, Bronzong and Tangrowth)

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
oh dear God let's not have a cresselia debate. If you want to keep it updated great. Please submit your updates to a mod or admin of that forum and they will either include them or not.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well I do agree that all the old translated move names need to be updated.. I'll take a look right now and try and fix what I remember.

EDIT: OK I think all the move names are up to date but someone double check me to be sure.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
there was no reason for you or anyone not to have edited out those japanese translations as you found them, i didn't exactly intend for them to remain there! (even if scheme and somersault should have stayed etc)

this thread is a fine idea though — i consider making it in "Unchartered Territory" after i put it up but decided against it because lol newbies etc. feel free to suggest actual additions to the list though as the metagame coagulates: IS members are the ones i want input from. while i consider that announcement my modus operandi it's not like i am going to pretend something i constructed singlehandedly in the middle of march is a perfect work of chiseled stone only to be wittled at as the artist sees fit, lol

things i am considering removing: blissey, slowbro, and tauros.

things i am considering adding: machamp, charizard, heatran (pains me though it does)

Heatran really does need to be on the list. I've used him a lot and he is a big threat.

Not sure about Charizard. It can be a huge threat, but Stealth Rock and Sandstorm everywhere kinda screws him.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Charizard raelly isn't too big of a threat, Heatran however is definitely a threat. Specs, or Scarfed it definitely needs to be worried aboutl.

Also, No Guard Machamp needs to be looked out for. 100% accurate Dynamic Punch is very potent.

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ok i think enough time has elapsed that we can reopen this issue as i think we should every three months or whatever

i would appreciate those of you who play standard competitive pokemon to weigh in on the offensive and defensive threat lists and suggest additions and removals

also lol to be entirely fair walrein is 100% deserving of a spot in the defensive threat list

Defensive list: Walrein should be on there. I'd also list Tentacruel. Abomasnow might be worth mentioning for Snow Warning.

Jumpman16

done done and done

should i remove claydol like i said in irc? i actually am talking to everyone but you on this phuq cause i want other opinions i know yours. also pory2 and lanturn don't seem to me to be really popular as fas as the standard metagame's defensive threats are concerned but i'd like a concurrence or two first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)