USUM Festival Plaza - No more missions!

Permission received from DHR-107 to post this ahead of release. Was initially going to do it last week, but decided against it due to the influx of leaks and potential new trailer. With last night's trailer appearing to be the last one, and the games coming out in two days, I figure it would be okay to post now, since the first mission has started.

Festival Plaza

Since we currently do not have sufficient information about Festival Plaza, please refer to the SM Festival Plaza thread by Rapti for the time being. This thread will be updated accordingly when we have new information about the USUM Festival Plaza.

One of the new features of Festival Plaza, however, is the Battle Agent, found at the bottom of the Japanese Festival Plaza page. The US page offers the following description:
A New Battle Facility: The Battle Agency!
The Battle Agency is a new facility where you can enjoy battling by easily renting powerful Pokémon.

When you don your sunglasses and become an “agent” at this facility, you can take part in Single Battles using rental Pokémon. You'll have three such Pokémon to command as you try to defeat the three Pokémon in your opponent's team. Try to win your way to being the best of all the agents!

The Pokémon you can rent for these battles will increase as you mingle with other players around you or over the internet. Connect with formidable players, and you’ll be able to rent powerful Pokémon. So communicate with lots of other players, choose the Pokémon you like best from those available to rent, and aim to become the top agent!

It appears that the Battle Agency can be accessed inside the Festival Plaza castle, replacing the man who allowed you to reorder your shops and change your music in SM.

Global Missions

As with SM, Global Missions will be a feature in USUM. Be sure to link your game to your Global Link account beforehand for double the rewards! Also, doing so before January 30th will get you a free Master Ball!

Current Mission: None

Below is a schedule of the known Global Missions up to and including June:
November 17th - 28th: Catch Pokémon!
December 12th - 27th: Have Fun Mantine Surfing!
January 9th - 23rd: Win at the Battle Agency
February 6th - 20th: Harvest Poké Beans!
March 6th - 20th: Trade Pokémon at the GTS
April 3rd - 17th: Hatch a lot of Eggs
May 1st - 15th: Get BP at the Battle Tree
June 5th - 19th: Play in Festival Plaza

Here are the results of past missions:
Mission 1: Catch 10,000,000 Pokémon! - Failed
Mission 2: Earn 1,000,000 Beach Points! - Succeeded
Mission 3: Win at the Battle Agency - Succeeded
Mission 4: Harvest Poké Beans! - Succeeded
Mission 5: Trade Pokémon at the GTS - Failed
Mission 6: Hatch a lot of Eggs - Succeeded
Mission 7: Get BP at the Battle Tree - Succeeded
Mission 8: Play in Festival Plaza - Succeeded

Last edited:
There's 2-ish days left and we're only at 4 million
I don't think it's going to happen this time either.

There's 2-ish days left and we're only at 4 million
I don't think it's going to happen this time either.
It's too high for a mark when it's barely been over a week since the games released... they probably thought the success in the last SM missions meant it was going to be the case here as well, but nope.

It's too high for a mark when it's barely been over a week since the games released... they probably thought the success in the last SM missions meant it was going to be the case here as well, but nope.
Also to be frank, there's little incentive to do so here.
Many players might not be interested in capturing a bunch of pokemon between having immediate access to bank and this being a second set of versions.
The reward for failing is still pretty high, especially early on.
Meanwhile the next 2 result in earning a lot of BP (always useful, something people are probably doing regardless) and doing the battle plaza thing.

And that will do it for the first mission. We managed 5,442,088 Pokémon caught out of the targeted 10,000,000. We still get 1,000 FC or 2,000 FC for games linked to PGL, though. Talk to the receptionist on the right inside the castle of Festival Plaza to claim your prize.

And that will do it for the first mission. We managed 5,442,088 Pokémon caught out of the targeted 10,000,000. We still get 1,000 FC or 2,000 FC for games linked to PGL, though. Talk to the receptionist on the right inside the castle of Festival Plaza to claim your prize.
Was curious if we got anything if we failed. Thank you.

Apologies for updating the thread late, I was at a conference and just got home.

Current Mission: Earn Beach Points via Mantine Surf!
Goal: 1,000,000 Beach Points via Mantine Surf
Failure: 1,000 FC
Failure and game linked to PGL: 2,000 FC
Success: 2,000 FC
Success and game linked to PGL: 4,000 FC
Deadline: December 25th, 23:59 UTC

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Does this one count all BP Earned ot JUST BP Earned from Mantine Surf? Might be interesting to see if anyone can test and see if the game understand the difference.

I've been avoiding using Game Sync in USM because I hated how it auto-synced every time you connected to the internet in SM, but you need a Game Sync ID to join Global Missions. Can I get my Game Sync ID but not actually link my game to the site so it won't auto-sync?

Does this one count all BP Earned ot JUST BP Earned from Mantine Surf? Might be interesting to see if anyone can test and see if the game understand the difference.
I did the test by going to the Battle Tree and then getting back to surf. The only points they consider are the ones you get by Mantine surfing.

The games definitely know the differences of where the BP come from. IIRC, Sun and Moon had players earning BP from the Battle Tree, and BP sent over from Bank didn't count.

Still, when I signed up this evening, we were already just over halfway to reaching the goal. Pretty good sign that we'll be able to crush this mission's goal easily.
I've been avoiding using Game Sync in USM because I hated how it auto-synced every time you connected to the internet in SM, but you need a Game Sync ID to join Global Missions. Can I get my Game Sync ID but not actually link my game to the site so it won't auto-sync?
Yes you can. That's why the rewards for those who have linked their games to their PGL accounts are doubled. (2000 FC for failure, 4000 FC for success) You may want to actually link your game to your PGL account eventually should they decide to start offering incentives for contributing and/or achieving stretch goals like they did with Sun and Moon, since the serial codes for that are only available to those with linked games.

I want to hold off on linking unless they offer some rewards that are too good to turn down, because that auto-sync is extremely annoying, and I already have 50k+ FC from the Battle Agency alone. But I am gonna try to participate in this mission, because I was looking for some incentive to improve my scores, and now that people are playing Mantine Surf, there should be some nice competition (more people should post in the Mantine Surf thread in this forum).

The second mission has ended. We needed 1,000,000 BP earned via Mantine Surf to succeed. We managed to earn 8,543,244 BP. Since the mission was a success, speak with the receptionist on the right in the Festival Plaza castle for your 2000 FC, or 4000 FC if your game is linked to the PGL.

Mission 3 has started! Get battling at the Battle Agency!

Travel to Festival Plaza and prepare for anything in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon during the “Win at the Battle Agency!” global mission. The goal is to win as many times as possible at the Battle Agency in Festival Plaza during the mission period! If players win a collective 100,000 times between January 9, 2018, at 0:00 (UTC) and January 22, 2018, at 23:59 (UTC), every participant will receive 2,000 Festival Coins as a reward.

Even if the goal isn’t reached, everyone will get a participation prize of 1,000 Festival Coins. Trainers who registered their game at the Pokémon Global Link by the end of the global mission will receive double the number of Festival Coins—4,000 when the goal is reached, and 2,000 even if it isn’t. Be sure to sign up today.

If you haven’t experienced the Battle Agency in Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon yet, you will need to complete Sophocles’s trial. Then visit Festival Plaza, enter the castle, and talk to the receptionist behind the right-hand table in the back. To start battling, select Challenge.

The Battle Agency tests your Pokémon battling skills when you take on a series of Trainers with a unique condition—you can’t use your own Pokémon! Instead, you rent one of three preselected Pokémon from the Battle Agency for free. Then you’ll be joined by two other Pokémon belonging to guests who have visited your Festival Plaza. It’s a fun and challenging take on the standard Pokémon battle.

So start earning those Battle Agency victories in the “Win at the Battle Agency!” global mission now!

Check out How to Participate in Global Missions for a detailed walkthrough on how to join the fun.

Eh, once you're grade 30, even 2vs3 scenario is difficult. Let alone 1vs3 thanks to commoners with no rank. This one definitely need friendly helps.

Last edited:
And then even in lower grades the randomness can be harmful.

I spent several days in Rank 3 because of a Sableye that was constantly haxing its way through me, and then again in Rank 8 because the game couldn't offer anything better than a STAB-less Zoroark... (seriously, what's with this game and not giving Dark-type Pokemon a STAB move?)

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
A very useful tip is that if you find someone with a good Pokemon and/or rank you can make them a VIP. That way they won't dissapear when you go online again. I think you'll have them available for a week after the last time you were both online at the same time. Note that if you're both online at the same time their Pokemon and Rank will get updated which can suck if they had nothing but bad options or stop the Battle Agancy after Rank 50 and pick Unfezant. (It has been disterbing effective for me at Rank 43, but still...)

Too bad that I already grinded myself from grade 39 to 49 in the past week alone... And the prize of 4000 FC is mere peanuts compared to what you earn by actually playing the Agency. Seriously, at one point when I had my fortune multiplier I earned 3500 from a single win (and I won many times that day :toast:).

But the upside is, this should persuade more people to play together. All the people said they didn't want to even attempt it because they were stuck with low leveled partners, now they can all start leveling up at the same time and help each other.

Welp we just finished the mission in 3 days so it seem they lowered the thresholds again for Ultra S&M
1515609713168.png I guess

The Battle Agency was a success! We had 1,111,490 victories, utterly destroying the goal of 100,000. The next mission, Harvesting Poke Beans, will begin on February 6th.

In case anyone missed it, the next Global Mission is live. Collect a total of 30,000,000 Poke Beans from Poke Pelago by February 19 23:59 UTC. Success will earn 2000 FC, while failure will earn 1000 FC. (4000 and 2000 respectively if your game is registered with your PGL account)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)