UU What's His Last? [Week 10]

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Latias :^)

Aside from voting, I might as well post a little about the team I submitted since a bunch of people have asked about it, and I know it's always nice to have a little insight into the builder's point of view.

Truth to be told, I don't actually have a set last member for this team. I have like 8 different versions of the team with different last members, so I figured it's the perfect team to give the community. Anyway, Latias is actually on one of my versions, along with others like Hydreigon, Gliscor, etc. Mega Aerodactyl and Mew are interesting, though, and I can see them working as well. Cheers. :toast:

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
And the winner is...
HotFuzzBall with his Latias
submission. Congratulations!

Current Team

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

This team was provided by explodingdaisies. Thanks! "I like building with dark/fighting/psychic cores. I started with Heracross and Bisharp. Guts Heracross is amazing and really under utilized in this meta. +2 facade after burn will OHKO clef 94% of the time. +2 knock off will OHKO non z Slowbro. It OHKOs 168 bold amoon with facade. Also it sits at a really good speed tier of 85 for a wallbreaker. It also functions as a psuedo status sponge. For unaware clef you just need rocks up and it will 2HKO. I added Bisharp for pursuit trapping. I added Latias as it is the premiere defogger in the tier. I use HP Fire to lure in Scizor. It also hits Bisharp and Cobalion fairly hard. I went with Healing Wish to give Heracross another shot at wallbreaking in case something goes wrong. It also allows me to play much more aggressively with Heracross. I added hippo to provide some defensive backbone to the team, set Stealth Rocks, and check things like non Z Raikou and non Aqua Tail Mega Aaerodactyl. But the most important thing it does is help check Cobalion which really annoys this core. I added Hone Claws maero to work as my wincon and can double as a revenge killer. With 150 base speed it outspeeds everything but scarfers. Aqua Tail is nice to hit bulky grounds like hippo and Gliscor."

What could the final 'mon be? Submission phase ends Wednesday, April 19, 11:59 pm EDT.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
reserving amoonguss

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Clear Smog

The team lacks a reliable Water and Fairy resist/check which is pretty crucial for any team. So Amoonguss would be a perfect fit since it synergizes very well with Hippowdon as they check each others weaknesses pretty well, while also providing a Fairy (especially Primarina, which the team is very weak to) and a secondary Water resist/check. The team is also pretty weak against VinCune (the Suicune variant with CM/Scald/Roar/Protect, idk the names) which was why I went with Seed Bomb over Giga Drain.

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving jellicent

s/o research week

hon hon hon (Jellicent) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Recover

so far this teams water resist is a latias which does not have recovery outside of leftovers and the teams way of beating sd scizor is a sole hp fire lure. hippowdon as a coba check seems ok at first but considering that hippo has a lot on its back already (raikou, bish, aero, ...) and that it also drops to +2 aop after just a little bit of damage you might wanna add sth else for that. specs volcanion also seems annoying and so does infernape, especially when combined with pursuit support which, lets face it, is rather common. jellicent can help with all of the aforementioned issues: it relieves pressure from lati being a full-blown counter to keldeo, effectively checks scizor (not having to rely on hitting it on the switch with hp fire anymore) and cobalion, gives the team another pivot for volc & nape, plus it can stop recovery from clef in a pinch so it is not as annoying to deal with anymore (bish doesnt even kill from full -sigh-).

taunt-wow-hex is my recommened set + colbur berry is a must on this team bc it desperately needs some kind of way to at least live a hit from mega shark and cripple it with wow. colbur also makes it less vulnerable to pursuit. no z-move yet so i guess one could try sth funky like twinkle tackle to have a better answer vs hydrei but it think colbur is the superior choice regardless. psych up is an option to consider bc the clef mu still sucks for this team outside of pressuring it with setup spam but has no other use i can think of rn so taunt is probably better overall still.

this teams fairy mu is still very annoying tho: lati can't touch them and they get in for free, bish is worn down increadibly easily + there is no actual resists to moonblast from prima; sadly jellicent is not a switch-in despite its good natural bulk. an approach that i would go with is cm+thunder with electrium-z>defog on lati (idt you need fog that much) to lure prima + this also helps vs toge (no fog + continous air slash dmg on aero could prove to be annoying) and physical spdef nidoqueen>hippo specifically for clef + raikou. needs testing but i think it could work out. however this aint a rmt so yeah just a few thoughts.
also someone suggest celebi as last mon i think that has potential too

Last edited:

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind/Toxic

Keldeo seems like it would be the last on this team mainly because it benefits from Bisharp running pursuit instead of Swords Dance. This gives Keldeo an easier time verse Latias. It also helps the teams matchup versus Scizor and Bisharp. If they are given the opportunity to set up both of their priority moves can do a good chunk to all of the team (besides Bisharp, but this gives Scizor a free U-turn/Bug Bite while your Bisharp takes 73-86% from other +2 Bisharps). Scarf Keldeo also helps the teams matchup versus faster stuff such as +1 Aqua Tail M-Aero, Cobalion, M-Sharpedo, Scarf Krook, and Hydreigon making it so that the player can setup with M-Aero and not fear it dying and getting swept by the aforementioned mons. Keldeo also helps versus Gliscor which the team really struggle to kill as it can setup on Hippowdown since it's a toxic variant instead of whirlwind. Toxic can be ran to help cripple bulky waters for M-Aero and just the team in general which struggles to kill.

And the winner is....
iRebel with his Keldeo
submission. Congratulations!

Current Team

Krookodile @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Talk

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Facade

This team is provided by pokemon sparrow, Thanks! "Hazard stack bulky offence. I wanted to build around a hazard stack core that manages to deal with opposing hazard stack adequately, whilst placing offensive pressure on the opponent. I initially started with the idea of Kyurem, Tentacruel & Gliscor, seeing as each have great defensive synergy, in the end I settled for M-Blastoise as my mega and spinner in order to pressure the opponent offensively and abuse hazards. Lead Krookodile with Taunt is great at the moment because it’s very unexpected, and it’s able to pressure opposing hazards stack teams that utilise Klefki. I opted to run Groundium-z in order to lure Primarina which would usually be a good offensive lead against this type of team; whilst also doing adequate damage to other bulky mons. Klefki is my hazard setter, Fairy type and annoyer; it’s an effective pivot and is generally a pain to face. Timid on Blastoise is run in order to get the jump on +ve base 70s ie. Bisharp; Hydro Pump has a good chance to 2hko most Clefable; and I’m running Aura Sphere over Ice Beam since I have a great Amoonguss switch in with Kyurem. Nothing much to say about Kyurem, Specs hurts a lot, it really loves hazard stack, and shares offensive synergy with Blastoise. Gliscor is there in order to relieve pressure from Krookodile as an Electric immunity, it also provides the team a decent bulky set up sweeper for late game once the opposing team has been whittled."

What could the final 'mon be? Submission phase ends Wednesday, April 26, 11:59 pm EDT.

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving gengar

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
I think this team benefits a lot from Choice Scarf Gengar as the last member. The team is rather slow with Kyurem being the fastest 'mon and therefore has no means of revenge killing Aerodactyl and Keldeo, both of which are a real pain for this team. Keldeo simply has no safe switch-ins on this team and Gengar isn't one either but what it does do is provide a Fighting immunity which makes Blastoise and Kyurem somewhat more safe to switch in to. Clefable are pressured a good amount with Hydro Blastoise and Specs Kyurem but if they grab a Calm Mind on Klefki, Kyurem locked into Draco Meteor or Focus Blast, Krookodile or manage to come in safely on Toise there's not much dealing with it besides the option of paralyzing it and hoping for the best. Double STAB is needed but since the team does great at pressuring Steels with Specs Kyurem, Mega Toise and 2 Ground types, Thunderbolt is used in the third slot to better check Mega Aero and Keldeo, plus being a more safe option versus Mega Shark, should it get out of hand. Trick helps deal with problematic setup sweepers like Suicune and the aforementioned Clefable, while being a great utility tool. Gengar is also a T-Spikes absorber, which is especially appreciated by Blastoise and Kyurem, and spin blocker, which is always a welcome addition in conjunction with Spikes. Sadly, Gengar does not provide the team with another Ground immunity anymore, another one of which would have been great to have.

btw klefki has a -atk nature but carries play rough and no spatks D:

Last edited:

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex

In my opinion, Jellicent meshes extremely well with the rest of the team. It's one of the most reliable spinblockers in the tier, and performs annoyingly well in conjunction with the spikestack strategy this team is centered around. Jellicent also doubles as a stallbreaker, which this team was lacking, and also checks threats like Scizor and Keldeo, both of which look semi-problematic for the team to currently deal with. Having another bulky water alongside Blastoise is pretty neat, as Blastoise tends to get whittled throughout the course of the match and may leave the team open to something like Mega Aero or a fire-type placing an absurd amount of pressure on the rest of the team. With Jellicent, the team has some form of long term insurance versus some of the more bulkier teams it may be matched up against.

Other than that, the set is pretty standard, with Taunt to help shut down most passive mons, Will-O-Wisp to wear down the aforementioned walls, Recover for the obvious longevity, and Hex to help Jellicent win most of its 1v1 matchups, especially if they've already been burnt. I personally run a bit of creep on this particular Jellicent to outspeed Bulky Scizor and mons like Clefable that may run a bit of speed to try and creep Scizor. Other than that, I really don't think it's necessary to run any more speed than this set offers, without giving up significantly on how bulky your Jellicent could be.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)