Walrus WALRUS - Yeti's Anti-Pandering - Won by Oddish.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
10th

Steven Snype in his first top 10 appearance almost doubling his total score up until now
The Who - Baba O'Riley
wtf this intro is different from the CSI: NY one why is it going on so long did the song get stuck I feel like it's trapped repeating the same thing help I'm in a time loop let me out. I actually don't think this song would make it onto GotG, a song BY The Who sure could but this one in particular is really strongly tied to the CSI franchise. Obviously songs can be used in multiple shows/movies but ABC owns Marvel and CBS owns CSI so I'm not sure they'd want you to be like "this is that one CSI show's theme" while you're watching GotG. Also this version seems weird it's like it's missing stuff in the instrumental?? Is there a remix or other version of this? It's good I just swear it's missing something this one is kinda plain almost? It's very well done I like the music.

Yeti

dark saturday
9th

Da Letter El
Carl Carlton - She's a Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked)
This title and intro are a solid trip to funkytown bruh where do u guys find some of this stuff? Yeah this would totally fit into a GotG movie. Not as one of the Meaningful Songs To The On Screen Action but one of the "we need some tunes in this moment" songs. IDK if it's quite my jam. This cat is def better for overall listening than 3. I think this song goes about a minute too long, though, for how repetitive the last minute is.

Yeti

dark saturday
8th

Oddish.
ELO - Strange Magic
Lil bit too slow for me. I can see myself listening to this after listening to certain other songs and looking for more of the same but on its own? Would I seek it out? Probably not. Could it be on the album? Sure, could be. It's nice but kinda sleepy. IDK maybe I do like it more than initially.

Yeti

dark saturday
6th

Granny Pie
Chicago - Look Away
There's Stuff going on here but it's kinda slow. I can def see this in a GotG though, in one of their manufactured conflict scenes where the gang might be breaking up!! bc the Avengers seem bogged down in interfighting so I'm sure that'll manifest more strongly in GotG3 than it did in 2. So creative, Marvel. Anyway this song is nice but kinda ballady? I like it but I can't see myself relistening to it, probably. But like, of the songs I don't go "this my new jam" to, I've enjoyed this more than anything else. Eh jk I like it more than 6.9.

Yeti

dark saturday
5th

UncleSam
David Bowie - Let's Dance
Okay so my Pandora has definitely played this song wtf but I don't remember it being by David Bowie. Is this the same beat as Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Relax? I swear these songs sound identical. Or is there something that samples both? I'm waiting for the HIT ME WITH YOUR LASER BEEEEEAMS. Anyway good song I'm not sure this quite fits the GotG sound either but I like it.

Yeti

dark saturday
4th

LightWolf
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
LOOK AT THE HAIR ON THE GIRLS IN THIS VIDEO JESUS CHRIST LMFAO. This song gets the same score it did in Cat 2. LightWolf sent it with the suggestion it'd play during a Gamora+Nebula snuff scene which... I can really see. Cause GotG loves secretly being a snuff film to 70s and 80s music. That said I think Nebula either gets seriously injured at the end of Act One trying to kill Thanos or whoever or dies at the end of Act Two trying it so I'm dubious this comes to frutition but it makes a lot of sense.

Yeti

dark saturday
3rd

Walrein
Boston - Peace of Mind
This singer sounds like Weird Al? I need to listen to this song not right after the one above it on my sheet because that song was sick and I want to replay it and this song doesn't quite compare. There's something about this song that makes me think it's like just slightly off-brand for GotG, I can't place it, but like I don't disagree it could be in a GotG movie. At least Walrein can only cry "slightly robbed" this time cause this song won't be in the dumpster lmao. I wish it wasn't 5 minutes, though. The chorus is by far the best part. The guitars are cool. You know what I like this song. It can place high.

Yeti

dark saturday
17th

In possibly the greatest Hero to Zero decline, Jalmont
Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place (thumbs down version)
Why is this called thumbs down version that sounds not promising. I don't like how slurred the lyrics seem it's really hard to make out what he's saying. As such it all just blurs together and is kind of forgettable. Also kinda too slow. RIP Jalmont back to the dumpster after a strong first place finish. I forget I'm still listening to this song.

Yeti

dark saturday
14th

Walrein
The Fratellis - Henrietta
Another band I've heard some of their songs via Pandora, not explored beyond, but like what I've heard. This song... the vocals run together too much. Sometimes he enunciates well other times it's just kinda noise. Good enough beat but this just isn't a top tier Fratellis song and that weird bathtub noise or w/e tf at the end that gets followed by more random noises... negative user experience.

Yeti

dark saturday
13th

Lord Gaius
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Apparently one of UncleSam's favorite songs. He's sitting next to me playing Ranked and his comment is "I love this but it's too slow for you" which you all can probably have guessed by now. I don't really care if there's some brilliant guitar playing or drumwork or whatever tf I can't distinguish it from "good" guitar playing, so slow songs that don't Inspire me just fall flat. I don't know quite where to place this in relation to the other "eh" songs I'm not offended by it the vocals are fine it just doesn't catch my attention.

Yeti

dark saturday
12th

Asek
Radiohead - 15 Step
Uh oh is this another ResidentSleeper like the other Radiohead song or an improvement? This dude is like the serious version of Shy Ronnie mumbling all his words together. Can anyone understand him? Does anyone know the lyrics here??? Instrumental is ok, kinda elevator musicky. Better than the other song but still not Good.

Yeti

dark saturday
11th

myzozoa
The Clash - This Is England
I hear a synth doing synth things. I feel like the singer of this band has like this weird quality to his voice that's almost whiny but not quite. I have a dragon named after this band on Dragon Neopets tho. This song is ok it's not particularly memorable to me and it doesn't captivate my attention. The instrumental is nice but the vocals seem uninspired.

Yeti

dark saturday
9th

Da Letter El
The Smiths - This Charming Man
The Smiths are another band where I've heard some of their songs, and like those/seek them out beyond Pandora, but have never ventured further than those into their discography. This song feels a bit average to me? Like I like it decently and it's not slow but it's not remarkable. I might listen to it again. I might listen to Girlfriend in a Coma instead. It ends rather abruptly I like a fade out more.

Yeti

dark saturday
8th

KnightsOfCydonia
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
The Kaiser Chiefs are a band where I have like 1 or 2 songs of theirs Pandora has played and I like but have never explored the rest of there stuff so I'm down for new stuff. This is another where I feel like the verses are way better than the chrous. The chorus seems weirdly enunciated, it's hard to tell he's actually saying "I predict a riot" sometimes. Cut out all those lines and this song would be way better imo. It moves and has stuff goin on in the beat so I like it. There's a synth hustlin in the second half of the song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)