WCop General Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah that's a lot of posts while i was away(and all regarding me, i don't like attention). i know i'm terrible(almost average, but let's not argue over that), and i accepted your decision regarding me immediately and never questioned it(nothing to question, i lost), but if you've already filled the spots with veterans, then tell us that x no. of spots are full in w/e gen and y no. of spots are left for w/e gen so that all those who're still signing up know whether it's worth signing up or not. i don't question your veterans(who wouldn't pick kebabe for ubers), but rejecting players for being annoying is a bad thing for a captain. if after a tryout you say "winning a tryout match isn't enough, how can i be sure that you're consistent enough", then change your method of tryouts. i know a lot of people are mad at me, and i apologize for that, but i just wanted to calmly point out what i think are flaws here.
Nobody wants to have someone who is annoying on their team. That's what we call a team cancer. Team cancers bring down the team by being retards in the team's channel. It's not a "bad thing for a captain." Forgoing people for attitude issues happens everywhere; consider sports, other video games, work, etc. You're arguing for the sake of arguing and no one agrees with you, so please stop.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'd like it if there was a change to one rule, and I'm sure many will agree with this

The fact that players are locked onto a team if their team from last year selects them is fine, I think it's a great rule to protect weaker teams from getting their best players stolen by superteams. However, could players who are only selected as substitutes be allowed to change teams if another team picks them on their starting lineup? I think that would be fair, as it would make the level of competition in WCoP higher, making a better tournament, and also stops some teams from punishing players simply because they tried to jump ship and weren't allowed to.

pls?

I'm fairly late on this but can someone clear this up, I am eligable for 3 teams atm (US Central/Chicago, Afrabs & Asia). Once I get off my lazy ass and start playing frequently like I did BW, I would like to join the WCup. If I join one team I'm locked into it forever ala FIFA rules?

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So let's say for e.g. makiri gets picked as a sub for us west and then under this new rule ocn picks him as a starter and he starts for ocn.
And then let's say next year, ocn picks makiri as a sub but us west wants him as a starter so he jumps ship back to us west.

You're essentially creating a rule that is opening up the possibility of people jumping ship every year based on things like playing ability rather than legitimate factors such as "I moved somewhere else". Maybe it makes the tournament very slightly better quality-wise but it makes the tournament worse in terms of its integrity (which has been a big issue over the past couple of reiterations). Even if it doesn't happen every year and only happens once, team jumping is stupid in any form. Oh and you'd also be denying a spot from someone who actually chose to play for their country.

Screw the team jumping.

Support the team you are most affiliated with.

As a wise man once said,
FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!!
even if that means you just help your country out as a substitute.

That's my opinion anyway.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Serious post time:

#wcop is a shit storm right now and it seems like no teams are getting any updates on what's going on with TD/host decision making about the new rules that were implemented in the middle of roster formation. We have to figure out wtf is going on relatively soon so we all aren't scrambling to make rosters so if we could at least get an update on where everything is at and when a decision is coming THAT WOULD BE NICE KTHNX. =]

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
So let's say for e.g. makiri gets picked as a sub for us west and then under this new rule ocn picks him as a starter and he starts for ocn.
And then let's say next year, ocn picks makiri as a sub but us west wants him as a starter so he jumps ship back to us west.

You're essentially creating a rule that is opening up the possibility of people jumping ship every year based on things like playing ability rather than legitimate factors such as "I moved somewhere else". Maybe it makes the tournament very slightly better quality-wise but it makes the tournament worse in terms of its integrity (which has been a big issue over the past couple of reiterations). Even if it doesn't happen every year and only happens once, team jumping is stupid in any form. Oh and you'd also be denying a spot from someone who actually chose to play for their country.

Screw the team jumping.

Support the team you are most affiliated with.

As a wise man once said,

even if that means you just help your country out as a substitute.

That's my opinion anyway.
Shoutout shakeitup reppin his country land of the sacred cows, Ashwin Shamalamadingdong will achieve for Asia.
"Start me in every game or I'm leaving east" -- a (BAN ME PLEASE)
#integrity #pride #MoPpet kelmit the flog http://sketchtoy.com/60881318

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

BONUS SHAKEITUP RAP:
str8 outta tennese, crazy motherfucker named shakeitup
from the gang called INDIANS WITH ATTITUDE
when i'm called out, i just hax out
pray to shakeitup and bodies are hauled off
you too boy if you fuck with me
team asian gonna have to come and get me off your ass
thats how i'm going out
for the punk asian kids thats showing out
jaosn start to mumble, they want to rumble
makes a man cook them in a pot like gumbo
going off and a bad player like that
wit a lisp, thats pointed at yo ASS
so give the 6-0 up smooth
ain't not telling when i'm down for a critical move
heres a Tournament record that will keep you dancing
with a wcop score like panamaxis
Scald Burns is the tool
Don't make me act a motherfucking fool
I'm knocking niggas out the first round daily
weekly, monthly, and the rest of my life
until them dumb motherfucker forfeit clearly
yeah i'm down with US east, boy you can't fuck with me
so when i'm in your game, you better duck
because shakeitup is crazy as FUCK
as i leave, believe i'm hopping
but when i come back boy, i'm coming straight out froggin

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
[00:40] <Tsunami> r u joining central ;o
[00:41] <Lavos> ya probably
[00:41] <Tsunami> o k
[00:41] <Lavos> for the sole reason that jas0n is my least favorite person on smogon
[00:41] <Lavos> and he is acting like he fucking runs west
[00:41] <Lavos> when in reality he is the biggest piece of garbage there

Someone had to say it. Albeit from the biggest piece of garbage on central it does sound ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)